Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

January 20th: Wildcat Strike USA 2021

Post by teodroseIII » 15 Jan 2021, 18:04

Let me get a few legalities out of the way before I get to the reason I’m calling for a wildcat strike in America. First, I am a journalist who is writing this story protected by the First Amendment and enshrined in the US Constitution that guarantees a free press among other things. I am also a human rights advocate who affirms deeply in the redemptive power of love and the healing potential of unity. Lastly, as a Christian and a believer of God that the United States government supposedly honors, I am speaking up on behalf of the least among us the same way Jesus once stood up for the marginalized majority in the land of Judah.

Now that we got that preamble out of the way, let me get to the heart of the matter. I believe we have reached an inflection point as a nation and as a people globally; no longer can we stand pat and wait for a change we desperately need to arrive magically. Let me echo the words of Thomas Jefferson to underscore the reason I am writing this article and why I’m advocating for a radical yet rational form of unified action:

“When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”

The time for politics is over, we are at the doorsteps of our final dissolution. If we do not resist and rebuff this creeping dictatorship that is masked with a veneer of “representative democracy”, we shall all become equal before connective tribulation before we meet our final annihilation...continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/wildcat-strike/