Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

Rebellion Point: Liberty For Humanity or Fight!

Post by teodroseIII » 08 Jan 2021, 12:31

Though I like to think of myself as a hopeful soldier of love and a defiant rebel with a cause, if you strip away the bravado and the tenacity imbued by a faith that will not let me give up, I am emotionally and physically spent. The little sleep I get is a respite that never lasts; the minute I wake up, I feel compelled and convicted to get back on the horse and charge once more into the breach. Except this breach is taking its toll; I am not sure how many more strikes of the hammer I have left in me—I am nearing my tipping point.

What I am fighting for seems amorphous and unreachable; I am grasping at waters that keep slipping through my fingers. I’m advocating for unity that transcends our differences, really I am preaching against tribalism. But these things, the herd mentality that drives many to group think and the gang-like behaviors that are truly the root of injustice, are part and parcel of the human experience. We can’t help but be totemic; we gravitate towards those who look, think and speak like us because we believe they are sources of survival...continued

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/rebellion-of-the-soul/