Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
ZEMEN

Question to the Eritreans.

Post by ZEMEN » 30 Dec 2020, 12:59

As i can see on my country, the sources of every trouble, problems and conflict is directly involved to the elites. There is a problem in Amara killil because of the elites. there is a problem in Oromoia, because of the elites. there is conflict in Metekel, because of the elites. the source of the war in Tigray are the elites. Eritrea is peaceful. Is this because of the absent of elites in Eritrea? I don't think there are elites in Eritrea, are there?

justo

Re: Question to the Eritreans.

Post by justo » 30 Dec 2020, 13:22

A very very very very excellent observation. In Eritrea there are no elites that can disenfranchise the people.

Abe Abraham

Re: Question to the Eritreans.

Post by Abe Abraham » 30 Dec 2020, 14:58

ZEMEN wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 12:59
As i can see on my country, the sources of every trouble, problems and conflict is directly involved to the elites. There is a problem in Amara killil because of the elites. there is a problem in Oromoia, because of the elites. there is conflict in Metekel, because of the elites. the source of the war in Tigray are the elites. Eritrea is peaceful. Is this because of the absent of elites in Eritrea? I don't think there are elites in Eritrea, are there?
Do you want an honest answer ? We have our own ugly elites like those you mentioned in Ethiopia. Our ugly elites consisting of awrajawyan, jihadists and remnants of Jebha reside outside Eritrea. So, there is no one inside Eritrea to cause trouble with the exception of some jihadists and Tigrayan muslims tolerated by the PFDJ. The farmers in Kebessa (Highlands ) are as peaceful as the farmers of Ethiopia. They are extremely patient even when they are put under pressure and their land is confiscated and given to others.

I tell you a story of one of my family members stationed in Southern Red Sea. The last time that I visited Eritrea he told me this " ...you farm, you collect the harvest, sell your product to the government and then from the money that you get you go to the market to buy similar products that you sold to the government by paying a higher price. " .He is a soldier and a farmer at the same time. When I told him " why don't you say No. " His reply was : " there is a law and you have to respect it. " . Respecting rule of law is in our tradition but we do not accept injustice.