Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Aurorae Borealis

Re: Abolishing ethnic federalism, would that hurt Oromos' interest or not ?

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 21 Dec 2020, 21:11

Z,
I wish someone like Sadacha can come here and share his ideas why Ethnic Federalism is better than a federalism that is not based on Ethnicity. BTW, do you think Federalism like the US or Switzerland would work for Ethiopia. In Eritrea, Shabiya brought the zoning system which most people do not have problems with though regionalism still lingers, but that could easily be attributed to the absence of democratic apparatus. One of the reason I started the subject of the thread is the fact that most amharas abhor Ethnic federalism and the most Oromos seem to like it. Do Oromos have anything to lose if Ethnic federalism is abolished. If it was to be abolished you need to have a 100% guarantee that all ethnic groups would be represented fairly. In other words, no particular group is going to dominate, and the ideals of democracy not fake African type of democracy will be instituted. All kinds of referendum would be conducted on the issues dividing the nation. Are you going to have working languages or just one single national language ? Who decides what ? How is power allocated to the ruling parties. Are you going to have separate but equal judicial, congressional and executive powers. The powers of the central government to the regional governments would be separate !!! Etc....

Abere

Post by Abere » 21 Dec 2020, 21:29

@Aurorae Borealis,
Wow, what planet are you living on? What is your nationality, I mean any best practice you can share us from your own nation. How many more years should Ethiopia waste her resources and the lives of her children to see the good out of tribal federation ( hub of genocide)? We already tried for the last 30 years, it miserably failed, in fact its own architecture TPLF is dead because of it. Please stop this nonsense. If you have any business on it contact the dead TPLF or Jawar Muhammed thrown in dungeon for crime of genocide. As to the Oromos, they have been the biggest loser in history in the last 30 years - sheepishly serving TPLF and rotten in jail.

Aurorae Borealis

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 21 Dec 2020, 21:48

Abere,
You wrote,
As to the Oromos, they have been the biggest loser in history in the last 30 years - sheepishly serving TPLF and rotten in jail.
That kind of attitude will take you no where. Oromos make up the majority and you are telling them that they are losers. :evil: Leave the politics to the people who know how. You don't know it, but you are justifying Ethnic federalism by your own negative attitude. BTW, I am not surprised, we have many like you in Eritrea too. :twisted:

Abere

Post by Abere » 21 Dec 2020, 22:08

Aurorae Borealis wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 21:48
Abere,
You wrote,
As to the Oromos, they have been the biggest loser in history in the last 30 years - sheepishly serving TPLF and rotten in jail.
That kind of attitude will take you no where. Oromos make up the majority and you are telling them that they are losers. :evil: Leave the politics to the people who know how. You don't know it, but you are justifying Ethnic federalism by your own negative attitude. BTW, I am not surprised, we have many like you in Eritrea too. :twisted:
በወያኔው ስዬ አብርሃ እና በሌሎች አንደበት - እሥር ቤቱ ኦሮሞ ኦሮሞ ይሸታል። ሰው ከእነ ህይወቱ በአደባባይ ደብረዘይት ዕልፍ አእላፍ በቁሙ የተቀበረው ኦሮሞ ነው። የኦሮምያ ክልል ኢኮኖሚ ዕድገት ከሌሎች ክልሎች በታች ነው። የኦሮሞ ገበሬ በወለጋ ሣምንት እንኳን ሰላም አገኝቶ አርሶ እና አዘምሮ ምኖር አይችልም። ኦሮሞ የሁከት ክልል እንጅ የሠላም አይደለም። ኦሮሞ በኦነግ ምክንያት ታሪኩን ጥቁር ነጥብ አሳርፎበታል ሻሸመኔ አሩሲ ወዘተ ሩዋንዳ አይነት ዕልቂት በመፈፀሙ። ኦሮሞ የወያኔ እና ኦነግ የግጦሽ መስክ እንጅ እርሱ የተጠቀመው ነገር አንዳች የለም። የአማራ እና የኦሮሞ ሃብት ትግራይ ሲገነባበት የአማራ እና የኦሮሞ ልጅ ግን እስርቤት ሲስፋፋለተ ነበር።የጎሳ ፌደሬሽኑ ትሩፍት ዕልቂት፣ስደት፣እስራት፣ድህነት፣ብጥብጥ። በረከት መርገምት ነው ያመጣው - ለኦሮሞም አይመጥንም ለማንም አይመጥንም። It looks you are claiming to be from Eritrea, I am wondering why you wanted to prescribe ethnic federation for Eritrea. Someone must be crazy even to think of ethnic federation out the blue for peaceful region. Ethnics federation is an empty can that is to be kicked the curbside. I

Aurorae Borealis

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 21 Dec 2020, 22:44

Abere,

Eritrea is not as complex as Ethiopia. Our ethnic groups are very peaceful to each other. Our problem is the lack of democracy. But, if the Eritrean people continue to be taken for granted, we will have the same problems you have. For now we don't. Thank goodness. All we need is legit elections and all democratic apparatus in place. Eritrea is small. It could easily be run as an effective and efficient small business with a loving single family. :lol: :lol: