Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
sarcasm
Member
Posts: 1569
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 20:08

Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by sarcasm » 19 Dec 2020, 13:36

Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray
By sarcasm at mereja.com 19 December 20

What is the Agazian movement?

Following the end of 50 years Italian colonization of Eritrea, the residents of the colony were openly promoting different ideas regarding the future political status of the colony. The Agazian movement, sometimes referred as Tigray-Tigrigni ትግራይ-ትግርኚ, was an aspirational movement of Tigrigna speakers in Eritrea to create a nation state for Tigrigna speakers of Eritrea and Tigray. Ras Tessema Asberom, Ato Woldeab Woldemariam and Degiat Haile Tesfamariam were the pioneers of the Agazian movement in the 1940s and 1950s. They met Ras Siyum Mengesh of Tigray and discussed their aspirations. But the idea did not gain traction partly because of the lukewarm interest by Tigrigna speaker aristocrats South of the Mereb River.

So, what has Isaias got to do with this?

Isaias's major achievement after he joined ELF was to create a breakaway organization for Tigrigna speakers in Eritrea. It was what we currently call a Tigrigna nationalist ብሔርተኛ organization. This organization was able to successfully mobilize Tigrigna speakers in Eritrea in a very short period of time in 1970s. The organization was built around Tigrigna speakers' values, language, culture and history. A French journalist who visited this organization in 1970s, René Lefort, witnessed that the leader of the organization telling his colleagues in one of their indoctrination sessions that they are the inheritors of the Axumite Kingdom while explaining the purposes of the struggle.

So, what has his desire to create a modern Axumite state got to do with fighting a war to destroy TPLF?

TPLF is another Tigrigna speakers' political organization that desires to rule the current Ethiopia rather than to establish a Tigrigna speakers' nation state. In other words, it is too Ethiopian / Ethiopianist. It used the Tigrigna speakers in Tigray as its power base to create a hegemony southwards. The late leader of TPLF once confided to Ambassador Abdella Adem (Eritrean) in 2003 that Isaias had repeatedly dispatched his closest friend and Minister, the late Naizghi Kiflu, asking him to agree to establish a nation state for Tigrigna speaking people (in 1990s before the Badme War). Meles told him that he repeatedly told them that he was not interested in the idea. The pull factor has failed. TPLF proved to be an obstacle in creating a nation state for Tigrigna people.

Following the end of Badme War, Isaias has tigrignized Eritrea but was not able to create a Tigrigna country as the “main” Tigrigna state with 3 times more Tigrigna speakers was already gaining prominence South of the Mereb River. With the ascent of anti-TPLF forces to power in Ethiopia in 2018, Isaias begun planning to take out the TPLF and to become the only force in the Tigrigna speaking world. At his first state dinner for Dr Abiy, he talked about golden opportunities. On his subsequent bimonthly meetings with Dr Abiy, he saw Dr Abiy’s desire to rule for decades and his skills in project management. He diligently worked to oversee him on the project of pushing TPLF from power (Dr Abiy’s goal) and the Ethiopian Tigrigna speakers out of Ethiopia (Isaias’s sneaky goal). In diaspora, the MYA – Mahber Yehwat Agaazian, led by former PFDJ agent Tesfazion was gaining momentum among Tigrigna speakers. This Agazian movement which claims to be established in 2011 in Asmara was different from the other Agazian movements because of its unique anti TPLF but pro PFDJ position while the other Agazian movements are generally devoted on people-to-people relations in bringing the Tigrigna speakers’ communities together.

The project of pushing Tigrayans out of Ethiopia reached it zenith in November 2020 when Tigray, the only oasis of peace in the current Ethiopia, was turned into a war zone; and Tigrayan cities and infrastructures were bombed by Ethiopian Air Force. The Tigrayans in the rest of Ethiopia and abroad were ethnic-profiled, discriminated and sacked from their jobs by the Ethiopian state and other fellow Ethiopians. The killings of Tigrayans, seizure of their land, individual and collective properties and wealth, while the rest of Ethiopia cheering triumphantly was triggering the desired feeling among Tigrayans. They felt the thread that united them with the rest of Ethiopians breaking at alarming speed. They kept saying: “We thought they see us as Ethiopians! They wouldn’t do this to us if they thought we’re Ethiopians!” The Tigrayans in Tigrayan cities under Ethiopian Federal Army or Amhara State Army felt exactly what we, the Tigrigna speakers in Eritrea, used to feel in 1960s to 1991 – occupied and invaded! They have been made to feel less Ethiopian by the gleefully cheering “real” Ethiopians. Consequently, they started to collectively visualize an independent state of Tigray where they would be free from occupation and realize their potentialities. Voila! The only people standing with Tigrayans are the Eritrean diaspora communities who are campaigning online and demonstrating in major Western cities. They are solidifying their relationships and filling the voids. The process of uniting the Tigrigna speakers is running at full speed.

Dr Abiy’s desire to remove the real competition to his power by force is helping Isaias to realise his dream of becoming the heir of the Axumite Kingdom. Isaias’s tough love administered by Ethiopian resources is helping the realization of the 80 years old dream of a Tigrigna speakers’ nation state. Tigrayan political parties such as Baytona and Salsay Woyane will not have any major reasons to stop them from merging with Mahari Yohans’s Tigray Independence Party. The Ethiopianist TPLF has no options rather than to align with the mainstream Tigrayan desire to become independent. Dr Abiy’s short-termism will help Eritrea to become a 3-thousand-year-old country soon.

References:
Ethiopia: An Heretical Revolution? by René Lefort, 1983
Interview with Ambassador Abdella Adem; Australia’s SBS Radio August 28
Professor Tesfatsion Medhanies’s discussion paper Eritrea ’’kem adebo’’ 2012
Agaiazian.tv YouTube Channel
J Studio interview with Aboy Habtemariam Abraha 11 October 2020


Weyane.is.dead
Member
Posts: 2960
Joined: 19 Oct 2017, 11:19

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by Weyane.is.dead » 19 Dec 2020, 13:51

Nezi ketgeeta do terehxa. Low iq weyanay propaganda :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aurorae Borealis
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: 14 Nov 2020, 23:41

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 19 Dec 2020, 14:04

Edu,

One of your old nick, Sarcasm is revived :lol: :lol: :lol:
For your info, Tigray Tigrigni was created to get into Haile Sellasie's head for Ras Gugsa and Ras Mengesha had the right, more than Haile Sellasie himself to the throne. Nothing more. Woldeab and Raesi Tessema along with Ibrahim Sultan were looking for a hero to lead the armed struggle for independence.

Fiyameta
Member
Posts: 1584
Joined: 02 Aug 2018, 22:59

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by Fiyameta » 19 Dec 2020, 14:13

I wasted 3 minutes reading a manifesto Tekeste Sebhat Nega left behind to his digital monkeys.

Abere
Member
Posts: 1409
Joined: 18 Jul 2019, 20:52

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by Abere » 19 Dec 2020, 14:29

ምንድን ነው አጋዚ? አጋዘን የሚበላ የእነሰሳ ስም ነው እንዴ? እኛ እኮ እዳ ገባን እነዚህ ወያኔ ትግሬዎች መሸነፍ አስክሮ አሳበዳቸው። እኛ የእምዬ ልጆች ወይ ፍንክች ኢትዮጵያዊ ወይም ኩሩ አበሻዎች ነን እንዴ ነብር ቆዳ ማንነታችንን የማንቀይር መፅሀፍ ቅዱስ ከ40 እስከ 50 ጊዜ በስማችን ጠርቶ ያሞገሰን - የእግዚአብሄር ልጆች። እናም አጋዘን የሚባል ነገር ካለ እዛው ጦሳችሁን። እናንተ የትግሬ ወያኔዎች እንዴ ሴተኛ አዳሪ ምላሳችሁ እና ጣብያችሁ ይቀያየራል። ወይ ፍንክች የእምዬ ምኒልክ ልጅ።

Abe Abraham
Member+
Posts: 7848
Joined: 05 Jun 2013, 13:00

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by Abe Abraham » 19 Dec 2020, 14:39

Sarco,

Don't scare people with something that is not realistic. Let alone your disingenuous Ag'azian project a simple peace between Eritrea and Ethiopia is scary for many Eritreans - muslims in particular who have their own Nighgher-Arab and Pan-Islamic scheme.

Abe Abraham
Member+
Posts: 7848
Joined: 05 Jun 2013, 13:00

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by Abe Abraham » 19 Dec 2020, 15:36

Sarco,

1) From youtube comments : the guy below is so scared that he is thanking the Fenkil Movement as it appears for its anti-Ag'azian stand.
Mohamed Raghe
5 months ago
The evil old dirty minded God bless fenkil movement.
" The evil old dirty minded " insult is directed at Aboy Habtemariam of Asmara,Hamassien.

2) Tigrayan muslims,pretending to be Eritreans, also taunt Tesfazion with words like " your Tigray-Tigrigne project has collapsed , look at how people are killing each other...".


.

sarcasm
Member
Posts: 1569
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 20:08

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by sarcasm » 19 Dec 2020, 20:03

Abe,

These comments are hilarious : )
If you are on facebook, follow Abdu Abdela Baba. He makes one of the best sarcastic political comments.

nizzy
Member
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jul 2018, 08:48

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by nizzy » 20 Dec 2020, 09:00

Abe Abraham wrote:
19 Dec 2020, 14:39
Sarco,

Don't scare people with something that is not realistic. Let alone your disingenuous Ag'azian project a simple peace between Eritrea and Ethiopia is scary for many Eritreans - muslims in particular who have their own Nighgher-Arab and Pan-Islamic scheme.
You have a problem with Eritrean Muslims don't you? I've noticed you always have something negative to say about them, anyway if that's the case you have no business calling yourself Eritrean (if you are fully Eritrean, which i suspect isn't the case). Eritrea wasn't created by Christian or Muslims alone but by both people working together and people like you are no different than TPLFite trash who constantly try to mix regionalism in.

Aurorae Borealis
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: 14 Nov 2020, 23:41

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 20 Dec 2020, 13:34

Nizzy,

Ape Abraham is from Adyabo Tigray. :lol: :lol: He confessed enthusiastically to his Tigrayan counterpart who called himself Axumite. :lol: Very deceitful, they are. :lol:

kerenite
Member
Posts: 2874
Joined: 16 Nov 2013, 13:15

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by kerenite » 20 Dec 2020, 15:31

nizzy wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 09:00
Abe Abraham wrote:
19 Dec 2020, 14:39
Sarco,

Don't scare people with something that is not realistic. Let alone your disingenuous Ag'azian project a simple peace between Eritrea and Ethiopia is scary for many Eritreans - muslims in particular who have their own Nighgher-Arab and Pan-Islamic scheme.
You have a problem with Eritrean Muslims don't you? I've noticed you always have something negative to say about them, anyway if that's the case you have no business calling yourself Eritrean (if you are fully Eritrean, which i suspect isn't the case). Eritrea wasn't created by Christian or Muslims alone but by both people working together and people like you are no different than TPLFite trash who constantly try to mix regionalism in.
Greetings,

I doubt the dude is eritrean. As bro aurorae alluded, he could be from adiabo.

BTW, I have known this dude since long and to be precise at DMB (dehai message board) perhaps 10 years ago. He was sporting the nick HOBAY SEMAY then. BTW, I was an active member there of course not with the nick kerenite and I was constantly telling him to correct his nick to read HOBAY SEMA omitting the letter Y while that's is the correct tigrait word. Perhaps if his memory serves him right, he may remember me now.

HOBAY SEMA is a tigrayit word and it means EAGLE. BTW, This reminds me of the famous artist Zeinab Bashir's lovely song which goes....

Hobay sema it Aster haleka.. Asilenna leglu reeka... And so on.

sarcasm
Member
Posts: 1569
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 20:08

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by sarcasm » 20 Dec 2020, 18:54

See TPLF’s and Ethiopian governments positions before the war. The question now is - Can TPLF afford to have similar position?
Please wait, video is loading...
https://scontent-lhr8-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=60060C10

Ermias Legesse was asking in June 2020 (in the below video) if PP high officials were purposely working to push Tigray away from Ethiopia – to seek independence. He said, “ኮሮኮንቹን ኣስፋልት ኣድርጎ፤ የብልጽግና ኣመራር ትግራይን የመሸኘት ስራ እንዳይስራ በጣም ስጋት ኣለኝ።” He recommended people to people work between Tigrayan and Ethiopian people could help to stop the scheme. But the Tigray people have seen how the Ethiopian public has acted in the past two months.
Please wait, video is loading...
https://www.facebook.com/mereja.tv/vide ... 428351838/

sarcasm
Member
Posts: 1569
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 20:08

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by sarcasm » 21 Dec 2020, 07:11

Check out how Aba Serekebrihan Woldesamuel answer the question of how Tigray's future political status should be - starting from 1:28:38


sarcasm
Member
Posts: 1569
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 20:08

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by sarcasm » 22 Dec 2020, 06:32

Even the Ethiopianist Tewodros Tsegaye of Reyot is saying looking at the way the Tigrayans have been treated, expecting them to feel Ethiopians anymore is like expecting milk from a chicken.

Please wait, video is loading...

sarcasm
Member
Posts: 1569
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 20:08

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by sarcasm » 23 Dec 2020, 21:21

Looking at how Tigrayans were treated by the Federal government and Amhara Regional Army, the Fenkil leader (who supported the removal of TPLF by war) even said: "... you even made the Tigrayan people hate Ethiopia ....."
Please wait, video is loading...

Aurorae Borealis
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: 14 Nov 2020, 23:41

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 23 Dec 2020, 21:40

Edu, stop your sarcasm :lol: :lol:

Once, this guerilla fighting fukera ends, Tigrayans will have no choice but to play Ethiopian first again. Abbiy is an Ethiopian hero now. He will be around for a long time. Anyone contesting his power will be squashed to smithereens. :lol: :lol: The only enemy he may have trouble with is the economy. No big deal. :lol:

Fed_Up
Senior Member
Posts: 16561
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 10:50

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by Fed_Up » 23 Dec 2020, 21:52

HaTew QeTew enda agamieee.

ኣጋሜ ሲጨንቀው የሌለ ነገር ከሰገራ ማውጫ ስቦ ይቀባጥራል:: እግዜር ያሳያችሁ ትግራ ትግእኝ ኤርትራውያን ጀምረውት ይሉናል ከዛም እነሱ እምቢ እንዳሉ ያስነብቡልናል:: ዘንድሮ አጋሜ የሚሉትም የሚጨብጡትን አጥት የባጥ የቆጡን ይዘላብዳሉ::

Aye enda agamieee... ፅፈህ ልብህ ውልቅ ብሏል:: መሃይም :P ደንቆሮ::


sarcasm wrote:
19 Dec 2020, 13:36
Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray
By sarcasm at mereja.com 19 December 20

What is the Agazian movement?

Following the end of 50 years Italian colonization of Eritrea, the residents of the colony were openly promoting different ideas regarding the future political status of the colony. The Agazian movement, sometimes referred as Tigray-Tigrigni ትግራይ-ትግርኚ, was an aspirational movement of Tigrigna speakers in Eritrea to create a nation state for Tigrigna speakers of Eritrea and Tigray. Ras Tessema Asberom, Ato Woldeab Woldemariam and Degiat Haile Tesfamariam were the pioneers of the Agazian movement in the 1940s and 1950s. They met Ras Siyum Mengesh of Tigray and discussed their aspirations. But the idea did not gain traction partly because of the lukewarm interest by Tigrigna speaker aristocrats South of the Mereb River.

So, what has Isaias got to do with this?

Isaias's major achievement after he joined ELF was to create a breakaway organization for Tigrigna speakers in Eritrea. It was what we currently call a Tigrigna nationalist ብሔርተኛ organization. This organization was able to successfully mobilize Tigrigna speakers in Eritrea in a very short period of time in 1970s. The organization was built around Tigrigna speakers' values, language, culture and history. A French journalist who visited this organization in 1970s, René Lefort, witnessed that the leader of the organization telling his colleagues in one of their indoctrination sessions that they are the inheritors of the Axumite Kingdom while explaining the purposes of the struggle.

So, what has his desire to create a modern Axumite state got to do with fighting a war to destroy TPLF?

TPLF is another Tigrigna speakers' political organization that desires to rule the current Ethiopia rather than to establish a Tigrigna speakers' nation state. In other words, it is too Ethiopian / Ethiopianist. It used the Tigrigna speakers in Tigray as its power base to create a hegemony southwards. The late leader of TPLF once confided to Ambassador Abdella Adem (Eritrean) in 2003 that Isaias had repeatedly dispatched his closest friend and Minister, the late Naizghi Kiflu, asking him to agree to establish a nation state for Tigrigna speaking people (in 1990s before the Badme War). Meles told him that he repeatedly told them that he was not interested in the idea. The pull factor has failed. TPLF proved to be an obstacle in creating a nation state for Tigrigna people.

Following the end of Badme War, Isaias has tigrignized Eritrea but was not able to create a Tigrigna country as the “main” Tigrigna state with 3 times more Tigrigna speakers was already gaining prominence South of the Mereb River. With the ascent of anti-TPLF forces to power in Ethiopia in 2018, Isaias begun planning to take out the TPLF and to become the only force in the Tigrigna speaking world. At his first state dinner for Dr Abiy, he talked about golden opportunities. On his subsequent bimonthly meetings with Dr Abiy, he saw Dr Abiy’s desire to rule for decades and his skills in project management. He diligently worked to oversee him on the project of pushing TPLF from power (Dr Abiy’s goal) and the Ethiopian Tigrigna speakers out of Ethiopia (Isaias’s sneaky goal). In diaspora, the MYA – Mahber Yehwat Agaazian, led by former PFDJ agent Tesfazion was gaining momentum among Tigrigna speakers. This Agazian movement which claims to be established in 2011 in Asmara was different from the other Agazian movements because of its unique anti TPLF but pro PFDJ position while the other Agazian movements are generally devoted on people-to-people relations in bringing the Tigrigna speakers’ communities together.

The project of pushing Tigrayans out of Ethiopia reached it zenith in November 2020 when Tigray, the only oasis of peace in the current Ethiopia, was turned into a war zone; and Tigrayan cities and infrastructures were bombed by Ethiopian Air Force. The Tigrayans in the rest of Ethiopia and abroad were ethnic-profiled, discriminated and sacked from their jobs by the Ethiopian state and other fellow Ethiopians. The killings of Tigrayans, seizure of their land, individual and collective properties and wealth, while the rest of Ethiopia cheering triumphantly was triggering the desired feeling among Tigrayans. They felt the thread that united them with the rest of Ethiopians breaking at alarming speed. They kept saying: “We thought they see us as Ethiopians! They wouldn’t do this to us if they thought we’re Ethiopians!” The Tigrayans in Tigrayan cities under Ethiopian Federal Army or Amhara State Army felt exactly what we, the Tigrigna speakers in Eritrea, used to feel in 1960s to 1991 – occupied and invaded! They have been made to feel less Ethiopian by the gleefully cheering “real” Ethiopians. Consequently, they started to collectively visualize an independent state of Tigray where they would be free from occupation and realize their potentialities. Voila! The only people standing with Tigrayans are the Eritrean diaspora communities who are campaigning online and demonstrating in major Western cities. They are solidifying their relationships and filling the voids. The process of uniting the Tigrigna speakers is running at full speed.

Dr Abiy’s desire to remove the real competition to his power by force is helping Isaias to realise his dream of becoming the heir of the Axumite Kingdom. Isaias’s tough love administered by Ethiopian resources is helping the realization of the 80 years old dream of a Tigrigna speakers’ nation state. Tigrayan political parties such as Baytona and Salsay Woyane will not have any major reasons to stop them from merging with Mahari Yohans’s Tigray Independence Party. The Ethiopianist TPLF has no options rather than to align with the mainstream Tigrayan desire to become independent. Dr Abiy’s short-termism will help Eritrea to become a 3-thousand-year-old country soon.

References:
Ethiopia: An Heretical Revolution? by René Lefort, 1983
Interview with Ambassador Abdella Adem; Australia’s SBS Radio August 28
Professor Tesfatsion Medhanies’s discussion paper Eritrea ’’kem adebo’’ 2012
Agaiazian.tv YouTube Channel
J Studio interview with Aboy Habtemariam Abraha 11 October 2020

sarcasm
Member
Posts: 1569
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 20:08

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by sarcasm » 24 Dec 2020, 20:01

The killings of Tigrayans, seizure of their land, individual and collective properties and wealth by Amhara Local Army narrated by the Fenkil Leader. Dr Abiy & Co. think this will make Tigrayans fall in love with Ethiopiawinet again.
Please wait, video is loading...

sarcasm
Member
Posts: 1569
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 20:08

Re: Agazianizing TPLF and Tigrayans - Isaias's Sneaky Goal in The War in Tigray

Post by sarcasm » 26 Dec 2020, 17:27

Ato Yared Tibebu, one of the founders of ኢሕድን, predicted the rise of Tigrayan nationalism with its first and last aim of creating independent Tigray. The interview was conducted before 23 November 2020. Fast forward to around 11:20

https://www.dw.com/am/%E1%8B%A8%E1%89%B ... a-55704361

Post Reply