Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Post Reply
temari
Member
Posts: 1491
Joined: 28 Dec 2014, 21:18

Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by temari » 15 Dec 2020, 18:55

This kind of stupidity needs to stop!

Please wait, video is loading...

temari
Member
Posts: 1491
Joined: 28 Dec 2014, 21:18

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by temari » 15 Dec 2020, 19:12

After the incident.

Please wait, video is loading...

Za-Ilmaknun
Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 17:40

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 15 Dec 2020, 19:21

Ayyy..these are the kind of police tasked to protect innocent people. It is so embarrassing that the policemen do not even have basic knowledge of the law. I am not sure if I feel safe walking in any street in that country.

Abere
Member
Posts: 1445
Joined: 18 Jul 2019, 20:52

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by Abere » 15 Dec 2020, 20:51

OMG, Mesfin was under arrest in Addis Ababa? Thank God, at least they did not beat you. If this same OLF police catch you for second time he will beat you.By the way Addis Ababa police are from OLF. Addis Ababa is next that have to be free from occupation. Addis Ababa is another Mekele occupied and harassed by OLF. Addis Ababains it is time to get your freedom like Raya, Humera, and Welqait.

Dawi
Member
Posts: 3787
Joined: 30 Aug 2016, 03:47

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by Dawi » 15 Dec 2020, 21:29

Abere wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 20:51
OMG, Mesfin was under arrest in Addis Ababa? Thank God, at least they did not beat you. If this same OLF police catch you for second time he will beat you.By the way Addis Ababa police are from OLF. Addis Ababa is next that have to be free from occupation. Addis Ababa is another Mekele occupied and harassed by OLF. Addis Ababains it is time to get your freedom like Raya, Humera, and Welqait.
Abere - I get your point!

I don't know why Mesfin didn't start swearing in Afan-Oromo!

The "OLF" police would've known who is dealing with and backed off immediately! :lol: :lol:

tolcha
Member
Posts: 2780
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 16:51

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by tolcha » 15 Dec 2020, 22:34

temari wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 18:55
This kind of stupidity needs to stop!

Please wait, video is loading...
Thought teaching them is cadre's duty. Oh! Never mind . I forgot you also need schooling with these idiots. Messfin Feyissa was about to pee in his underwear during the encounter. After they released him, he acted like a hero while his heart beats was high in the 100s. Ayee Galla! Both the traffic police and Messifin are Gallas. Mesfin is not smart at all. Bichibichi!!

Abere
Member
Posts: 1445
Joined: 18 Jul 2019, 20:52

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by Abere » 15 Dec 2020, 23:38

@tolcha,

I think this exposed the truth or the reality of the besieged Addis Ababa city. Addis Ababa is occupied by OLF. The so-called OLF/ODP is conquering Addis Ababa and is harassing native Addis Ababains. Although I am happy about the disgraceful fall of the Tigre Liberation Fall at Mekelle, my joy is not complete until I see the liberation of Addis Ababa from OLF occupation. There is another task a head of all Ethiopians - the defeat of OLF is a MUST.

dawwit
Member
Posts: 3292
Joined: 21 Apr 2015, 12:18

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by dawwit » 15 Dec 2020, 23:49

INSTANT KARMA!!!!!!!! Bam!!

dano
Member
Posts: 2149
Joined: 26 Nov 2012, 02:10

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by dano » 16 Dec 2020, 01:10

WOW!
This shows how things are bad in Abiy's Ethiopia. This is a total police state. I have seen people taping in front of the Defense Department in Woyane's Ethiopia.
I heard the low IQ Eskindir Nega is back to jail. An Oromo friend told me the other day Abiy's Mig 23s bombed a civilian neighborhood in Wolega killing his relatives. To my surprise there is no telephone or internet service in Wolega for nearly a year. I hear the prison population is twice that of the Woyane's.
Jawar Mohammod is in jail and Abiy has thrown Lemma Megersa under the bus.
The narcissist PM has no principle and the next casualty almost guaranteed will be neftegnas!
Derg 2.0 will continue...

temari
Member
Posts: 1491
Joined: 28 Dec 2014, 21:18

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by temari » 17 Dec 2020, 17:05

Hopefully this will help in the future.


gurre
Member
Posts: 170
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 05:32

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by gurre » 17 Dec 2020, 18:40

Last i saw this youtuber was crying and begging for money , because he had a private problem with his wife which was painted as political.
Now, he went back to Addis and tried a facebook live broadcast of the streets and buildings,thereby provoking the street patrol police, creating sensationalism for his facebook broadcast by shouting he is from diaspora even asking them to arrest him.I am not defending the Addis police, but low life diasporas must stop feeling entitled when they go to ethiopia.

sun
Member+
Posts: 5713
Joined: 15 Sep 2013, 16:00

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by sun » 17 Dec 2020, 22:25

tolcha wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 22:34
temari wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 18:55
This kind of stupidity needs to stop!

Please wait, video is loading...
Thought teaching them is cadre's duty. Oh! Never mind . I forgot you also need schooling with these idiots. Messfin Feyissa was about to pee in his underwear during the encounter. After they released him, he acted like a hero while his heart beats was high in the 100s. Ayee Galla! Both the traffic police and Messifin are Gallas. Mesfin is not smart at all. Bichibichi!!
hmm... :lol:

Now you found your real buddies as you are among your people where you can twerk and salivate freely whistling through your front and back holes while all of these extremist superficial, sensationalist self congratulating red ar$$$ baboon chimps undress themselves and dance in the rain so as to feel maximum self inflicted after pain. Dirty b!cth witches swimming in the contaminated filthy ditches!
:lol:

temari
Member
Posts: 1491
Joined: 28 Dec 2014, 21:18

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by temari » 20 Dec 2020, 10:01

Mesfin Feyisa on ETV.


DefendTheTruth
Member
Posts: 4151
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 16:32

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by DefendTheTruth » 20 Dec 2020, 10:48

May be I could be even more stupider than the on-duty police officer, who simply demanded that the camera man can't video-tape him without his consent and the vehicle he is using to fulfill his duty. The individual refused, clearily to accept the request of the police officer.

Mesfin Fayyisa, who stayed in America perhaps over decades should have known that he can't videotape someone without the consent of the person, let alone a public servant on duty. He didn't want to try to learn and improve his knowledge while day in and day out he noen stop kept video-streaming his political views to his audience and thereby earn his living from the return.

I even contributed to this guy at one time to help him overcome the financial difficulty he claimed to have because of separation from his life partner or so just a year or so ago.


The police officer showed a very much considerable patience with him and tried to explain to him his version of the issue at hand. He (Mesfin) tried to convince the police officer from his personal view. There was a time spent in the dialague in the meantime and the police officer was hindered in fulfilling his duty of public service.

Now this is presented in the days so called social media as:

"ይህ የመብት ጥሰት በመስፍን ፈይሳ ቢደርስም በሁላችንም ነገ ይደርሳል ትልቁን ጅንታ ተገላግለናል። አሁን እንደዚህ አይነቱን ግልገል ጅንታ እና ተርኛ ነኝ አይነት ድንቁርና ከ አዲስ አበባ ኤርፖርት ጀምሮ መፀዳት አለበት።"

to simply vent one's hate towards others and malign those in the service of their country, using this as another opportunity.

If that is stupidity then I should be 100 more stupid than the gentleman police officer.

How did the writer of the caption of the video help to get rid of the big junta (ትልቁን ጅንታ ተገላግለናል) other than scribbling his social media hate propaganda, if I may know?

Selam/
Member
Posts: 4412
Joined: 04 Aug 2018, 13:15

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by Selam/ » 20 Dec 2020, 11:34

Can you cite the law code that prohibits photographing and video taping in public?

To my knowledge, it is legal to record someone in public, as long as it isn't used for commercial purpose or the recording occurs in a private property. Even that has exceptions to public figures. You can film them in any public spaces at any time as long as you aren't interupting their privacy and daily activities. In other words, if they have a private conversation with someone in a public place, you can't interfere or eavesdrop. But you can take pictures and publish them.

Likewise, if camera by patrons is prohibited in a restaurant then you can't take pictures. Period!


DefendTheTruth wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 10:48
May be I could be even more stupider than the on-duty police officer, who simply demanded that the camera man can't video-tape him without his consent and the vehicle he is using to fulfill his duty. The individual refused, clearily to accept the request of the police officer.

Mesfin Fayyisa, who stayed in America perhaps over decades should have known that he can't videotape someone without the consent of the person, let alone a public servant on duty. He didn't want to try to learn and improve his knowledge while day in and day out he noen stop kept video-streaming his political views to his audience and thereby earn his living from the return.

I even contributed to this guy at one time to help him overcome the financial difficulty he claimed to have because of separation from his life partner or so just a year or so ago.


The police officer showed a very much considerable patience with him and tried to explain to him his version of the issue at hand. He (Mesfin) tried to convince the police officer from his personal view. There was a time spent in the dialague in the meantime and the police officer was hindered in fulfilling his duty of public service.

Now this is presented in the days so called social media as:

"ይህ የመብት ጥሰት በመስፍን ፈይሳ ቢደርስም በሁላችንም ነገ ይደርሳል ትልቁን ጅንታ ተገላግለናል። አሁን እንደዚህ አይነቱን ግልገል ጅንታ እና ተርኛ ነኝ አይነት ድንቁርና ከ አዲስ አበባ ኤርፖርት ጀምሮ መፀዳት አለበት።"

to simply vent one's hate towards others and malign those in the service of their country, using this as another opportunity.

If that is stupidity then I should be 100 more stupid than the gentleman police officer.

How did the writer of the caption of the video help to get rid of the big junta (ትልቁን ጅንታ ተገላግለናል) other than scribbling his social media hate propaganda, if I may know?

Selam/
Member
Posts: 4412
Joined: 04 Aug 2018, 13:15

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by Selam/ » 20 Dec 2020, 11:34

Can you cite the law code that prohibits photographing and video taping in public?

To my knowledge, it is legal to record someone in public, as long as it isn't used for commercial purpose or the recording occurs in a private property. Even that has exceptions to public figures. You can film them in any public spaces at any time as long as you aren't interupting their privacy and daily activities. In other words, if they have a private conversation with someone in a public place, you can't interfere or eavesdrop. But you can take pictures and publish them.

Likewise, if camera by patrons is prohibited in a restaurant then you can't take pictures. Period!

Take the 100% you requested.


DefendTheTruth wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 10:48
May be I could be even more stupider than the on-duty police officer, who simply demanded that the camera man can't video-tape him without his consent and the vehicle he is using to fulfill his duty. The individual refused, clearily to accept the request of the police officer.

Mesfin Fayyisa, who stayed in America perhaps over decades should have known that he can't videotape someone without the consent of the person, let alone a public servant on duty. He didn't want to try to learn and improve his knowledge while day in and day out he noen stop kept video-streaming his political views to his audience and thereby earn his living from the return.

I even contributed to this guy at one time to help him overcome the financial difficulty he claimed to have because of separation from his life partner or so just a year or so ago.


The police officer showed a very much considerable patience with him and tried to explain to him his version of the issue at hand. He (Mesfin) tried to convince the police officer from his personal view. There was a time spent in the dialague in the meantime and the police officer was hindered in fulfilling his duty of public service.

Now this is presented in the days so called social media as:

"ይህ የመብት ጥሰት በመስፍን ፈይሳ ቢደርስም በሁላችንም ነገ ይደርሳል ትልቁን ጅንታ ተገላግለናል። አሁን እንደዚህ አይነቱን ግልገል ጅንታ እና ተርኛ ነኝ አይነት ድንቁርና ከ አዲስ አበባ ኤርፖርት ጀምሮ መፀዳት አለበት።"

to simply vent one's hate towards others and malign those in the service of their country, using this as another opportunity.

If that is stupidity then I should be 100 more stupid than the gentleman police officer.

How did the writer of the caption of the video help to get rid of the big junta (ትልቁን ጅንታ ተገላግለናል) other than scribbling his social media hate propaganda, if I may know?

DefendTheTruth
Member
Posts: 4151
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 16:32

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by DefendTheTruth » 20 Dec 2020, 13:14

Selam/ wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 11:34

Take the 100% you requested.
If there is a reason, then yes I will take the 100% I requested for, else you have to take not 100% but 1000% of it.

But then that takes a bit of homework to do on your lazy part, which I am pretty sure you are not capable to do.

What is the reason for videotaping someone on his/her duty in public service?

Can you go out and start videotaping someone in government office just because that someone is a public servant?

Which law of the land stipulate that you can videotape any public servant, just because the person is doing his/her public duty?

Can you site the law?

Is there any public interest to videotape someone on duty, or is it just because that someone is on public duty?

In the absence of any legal provisioning and any sort of public interest, like for example for settlement of legal disputes and any other reason related to crime or so, then the benefits of the doubt will be for the private person, who is in public duty at the time of the encounter and the same protection that applies to all citizens will also protect in the case of the public servant as well.

If it was not his public presence in his youtube videos, someone like me, who is not known in any public arena will get in trouble for obstructing police duty, unnecessarily.

And your kindsthink that if you claim that you are a diasporan, then there must be a different norm that should be used to treat you.

Even in countries where there is a legal provisioning the purpose of videotaping a police officer is limitted to cases of helping to provide for a proof of a crime.

In all cases, if you are explicitly told to stop, then you have to comply, police is a law enforcement agency. Full stop!

Abere
Member
Posts: 1445
Joined: 18 Jul 2019, 20:52

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by Abere » 20 Dec 2020, 13:48

Sympathizers of OLF are attempting to defend the indefensible. The OLF recruit police obstructing Mesfin Feyssa from livestreaming public streets was not only wrong that idiot Qeerroo police himself should have been taken into custody. The reason why the Qeeroo police was scared of public live streaming of streets of could be he himself might have had previous criminal record so that he did not want to be identified by any victim or family of the victims. There is no legal restriction as far as taking selfie, video recording of public streets and building unless there is a caution of posted mark that says "No photographing or recoding videos". particularly being a police man, he should not be scared rather should encourage others to have this in any police-community interaction. That is why in many states in the U.S. police wear body camera and the public having the right to record in any case of interaction to produce legal evidences. If ordinary citizens cannot video tape public squares, streets, buildings ,etc. there will not be any video or internet video in the country. The problem is not the police, rather Addis Ababa being besieged by Arusi abd Bale recruit OLF/ODP Qeerroos. Addis Ababains are under occupations - they are ruled by uncivilized or rustic OLF/Jawarian Qeerroos dressed in police uniform. Sorry to watch Addis Ababa run by OLF than by natives of Addis Ababa themselves. Life in Addis Ababa is very difficult under such rulership.

Selam/
Member
Posts: 4412
Joined: 04 Aug 2018, 13:15

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by Selam/ » 20 Dec 2020, 18:57

You question and answer at the same time without providing any counter evidence, which clearly elevates your prize to 1000%. All yours, buddy.

Which country prohibits videotaping a police officer? North Korea? Where I live, I have a 1st amendment right to videotape the entire downtown all day long, including every moving object and person. I have also the right to record police officers exercising their official duties in public. They can't touch my camera, nor order me to move. What is illegal is wiretapping, trespassing, obstruction of justice, or interfering with the police officers.

You blindly came to the cop's defense but where is the right or consent to videotapeing defined in Ethiopian civil code and constitution or criminal law? There is an article in the constitution that protects the right to privacy but that's meant to protect ordinary citizens from law enforcement officials, not the other way round. Other than that and aside from Woyane's state of emergency law, which has been abolished long ago, I haven't read anywhere where a consent is required for taking pictures or recording videos in public.

Mr Mesfin was recording what the public was seeing in their bare eyes or a survellence camera across the road could capture. He didn't use an infrared camera to see through the cop's wallet or underwear or saddlebag. There is also no evidence that he attempted to record the cop's phone conversation or interfere with his duties. If Mr policeman doesn't want to be recorded, then he may consider switching job and sit behind a desk.

It doesn't make any sense at all to prevent video recording specially in a country where gun ownership is allowed. Obviously, that cop of yours would have blown Mesfin's head off had he seen him with a concealed weapon.

I personally would encourage people to take more photos and record videos in public spaces. The most powerful pictures in human history were taken by random persons. They capture our daily activities and transformation of our physical world. In fact, videos taken by citizens are also helpful in preventing or capturing crimes. The boston marathon bomber wouldn't have been caught easily had the police not combed through millions of video footages recorded by spectators of the event and survellence cameras.


DefendTheTruth wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 13:14
Selam/ wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 11:34

Take the 100% you requested.
If there is a reason, then yes I will take the 100% I requested for, else you have to take not 100% but 1000% of it.

But then that takes a bit of homework to do on your lazy part, which I am pretty sure you are not capable to do.

What is the reason for videotaping someone on his/her duty in public service?

Can you go out and start videotaping someone in government office just because that someone is a public servant?

Which law of the land stipulate that you can videotape any public servant, just because the person is doing his/her public duty?

Can you site the law?

Is there any public interest to videotape someone on duty, or is it just because that someone is on public duty?

In the absence of any legal provisioning and any sort of public interest, like for example for settlement of legal disputes and any other reason related to crime or so, then the benefits of the doubt will be for the private person, who is in public duty at the time of the encounter and the same protection that applies to all citizens will also protect in the case of the public servant as well.

If it was not his public presence in his youtube videos, someone like me, who is not known in any public arena will get in trouble for obstructing police duty, unnecessarily.

And your kindsthink that if you claim that you are a diasporan, then there must be a different norm that should be used to treat you.

Even in countries where there is a legal provisioning the purpose of videotaping a police officer is limitted to cases of helping to provide for a proof of a crime.

In all cases, if you are explicitly told to stop, then you have to comply, police is a law enforcement agency. Full stop!

gagi
Member
Posts: 524
Joined: 16 Jun 2013, 16:34

Re: Embarrassing Addis Ababa Police caught Live on FB! The case of Mesfin Feyisa.

Post by gagi » 20 Dec 2020, 19:33

[media].
[/media]

Mesfin himself has commented how the diaspora social media has exaggerated and tried to exploit the incident for political and/or commercial purposes.

Post Reply