Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Aurorae Borealis

What is the future of Tigray ?

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 09 Dec 2020, 23:51

What a mess. Let us say, weyane number three goes into the jungle and succeeds to kick the Ethiopian army out of Tigray in the next five years. Will Tigray declare independence or march to Addis. Damn if you do, damn if you don't. Tigray is landlocked by unfriendly countries. Even if Eritrea becomes friendly, Tigray, it is very difficult to see itself as self-sustaining country called Tigray. Marching to Addis would not help either. EPRDF 2, is not an option. Ethiopians would not let it happen. Ethiopia can not disintegrate. The world will not allow it. What a mess, really.

Aurorae Borealis

Re: What is the future of Tigray ?

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 10 Dec 2020, 00:13

The only bright opportunities I see for Tigrayans is, to have the opportunity to immigrate to Eritrea and full fill, those jobs that could not be fulfilled by Eritreans. The Italians , over eighty years ago created so many jobs, many Tigrayans came to Eritrea to work. They helped build highways, participated in assembly line factory jobs. For that to happen, a democratic, visionary and technocratic future government of Eritrea, has to become a reality. That type of government is very hard to come by in Africa. Let us hope, Eritrea will prosper to the point even neighbors will benefit from it. :lol:

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 10 Dec 2020, 00:39

Aurorae Borealis wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 00:13
The only bright opportunities I see for Tigrayans is, to have the opportunity to immigrate to Eritrea and full fill, those jobs that could not be fulfilled by Eritreans. The Italians , over eighty years ago created so many jobs, many Tigrayans came to Eritrea to work. They helped build highways, participated in assembly line factory jobs. For that to happen, a democratic, visionary and technocratic future government of Eritrea, has to become a reality. That type of government is very hard to come by in Africa. Let us hope, Eritrea will prosper to the point even neighbors will benefit from it. :lol:
If that happens, Eritrea has to have a firm policy of renewable work permits. No more- "ok stay in the country for 40 years & then become a Citizen"- nice guy attitude.

kibramlak

Post by kibramlak » 10 Dec 2020, 00:59

Then they will do to Eritreans what they did to the people in Wolkaite. They will say Eritrea is Tigray and they will massacre people like in mikadra.
Aurorae Borealis wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 00:13

Aurorae Borealis

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 10 Dec 2020, 01:47

Zmeselo,

I agree with you. The length of stay should not matter. But, marriage is another problem. If you promise to get your acts in line, I will do mine too. :lol: :lol:

Kibreamlak,

Not to worry, Welqait will never happen in Eritrea. Border check for weapons will do the trick. :lol: :lol:

kibramlak

Post by kibramlak » 10 Dec 2020, 01:53

Aurorae Borealis wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 01:47

Kibreamlak,

Not to worry, Welqait will never happen in Eritrea. Border check for weapons will do the trick. :lol: :lol:
Lol, wolkayt massacre was a preplanned and premeditated one with preparation for several years. Its not a one time border check. Once you let them in, they can premeditate, get prepared, and posses weapons after several decades. Then they will move into action. Your Eritrea will be claimed as Tigray !

Aurorae Borealis

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 10 Dec 2020, 02:06

Kibre Amlak,

Nah. Tigray is done. Eritrea is an independent country, Gondar and Tigray were part of Ethiopia at the time. If Welqait was part of Sudan, Tigray would not have dared.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 10 Dec 2020, 03:15

That's not what I said, though. Infact, it's the opposite! By "renewable work permits", I meant precisely that- time limited. Then, depending upon the boss & his/her requirements/needs, the work permits are renewed.

The best scenario, on the other hand, is that they get swallowed in into Ethiopia's overall development & forget about Eritrea. Eritrea can then deal with greater Ethiopia & the HoA region, in major economic cooperation issues. Besides, in this era of automation/robotization, Eritrea might not even need a workforce from outside.

About marriage! That's where I, personally, draw the line. Who choosed to sleep with whom & who wants to marry whom, is none of my business.

Aurorae Borealis wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 01:47
Zmeselo,

I agree with you. The length of stay should not matter. But, marriage is another problem. If you promise to get your acts in line, I will do mine too. :lol: :lol:

Kibreamlak,

Last edited by Zmeselo on 10 Dec 2020, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.

Abe Abraham

Post by Abe Abraham » 10 Dec 2020, 03:16

The topic brings us back to the days of Barbuy, an Italian colonial official who used to expel Tigrayans who crossed the border illegally and overstayed themselves in Eritrea . After the expulsion Tigrayans used to sing :

ስኒ ጊሐየ
ባርቡይ
ስኒ ጊሐየ !
ክምለስ እየ
ሽልን ተለቂሐየ !!

Today there are over 100,000 Tigrayan muslims still left in Eritrea. The Eritrean government protects them and arrests any person who raises any question about their presence in Eritrea. With the protection of PFDJ Tigrayan muslims in Asmara have built Madrasas to train jihadists to create chaos in Eritrea.

One of the Tigmos who was given high position in government by PFDJ confessed to have leaked important state documents to anti-Eritrean forces during his presence in Eritrea. This how PFDJ gets paid by the Tigmos for its naivety.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 » 10 Dec 2020, 03:37

ስለትግራይና ኤርትራ ሲታወሩ ብትውሉ ጥሩ ነገር የማይወጣችሁ ለምንድነው? ምን አይነት በሽታ ነው የያዛችሁ?
ፓኪስታንና ህንድ የተለያዩት በሃይማኖት ነው። ምናልባትም የቀለምም ጥቁርና ነጭ ተጨማሪ ሊሆን ይችላል። የናንተ ምን ልባል? ምድረ አብሻቂ!!! ምድረ መሃይም!!

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 10 Dec 2020, 04:16

ስለ ኢትዮጵያ ኣይሁን እንጂ ስለ ትግራይ ክልልና ነዋሪዎችዋ: ምን ኣገባህ? ጠበቃ መሆን የምትሞክሮዉ: ራስህ ከዛ ክልል ስለሆንክ ነዉ:: ስለዚህ: ለምን በኣማርኛ መጻፍ መረጥክ: መሃይምነት ያጠፋ እባቡ?

በኢትዮጵያ ዉስጥም: ስንት ሰዉ ትግራዋይ ይወዳል ዛሬ? :lol:

Guest1 wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 03:37
ፓኪስታንና ህንድ የተለያዩት በሃይማኖት ነው። ምናልባትም የቀለምም ጥቁርና ነጭ ተጨማሪ ሊሆን ይችላል። የናንተ ምን ልባል? ምድረ አብሻቂ!!! ምድረ መሃይም!!

Follower

Post by Follower » 10 Dec 2020, 04:57

Guest1 wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 03:37
ጥሩ ነገር ሲኖር እኮ ነው ,ነዓና እቲ ብሰንኮም ዝወረደና መከራ ጥሩ ከምዘይወጾም ምሂሩና እዩ, ነዓኻ ከኣ እቲ ትማሊ ኣብ ልዕሊ ሰራዊት ኢትዮጵያን ማይካድራን ዝፈጸምዎ ክሕደት ጥሩ ዘይወጾም ካሕዳናት ምኳኖም እንተዘይ ምሂሩካ ምስኣቶም ገደል ግባ .
ከትግራይ የሚመጣ ጥሩ ካለ ይቅርብን, የ ትግራይ ድንበር ለዘላለም መዘጋት አለበት::

Aurorae Borealis

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 10 Dec 2020, 07:21

Zmeselo,

Off course, in the business world that I believe in, profit needs to be maximized, but labor should not be exploited. Employment will be on the need basis. All the hate that is around today will vaporize. The relationship with Tigray will be under the umbrella of the greater relationship with Ethiopia. I want Eritrea to be molded in the type of governments we see in the Scandinavian smaller countries. If the whole East Africa was to be molded that way, all this hate and differences would be history to learn from, on the mistakes of the past. I also believe that the relationship between Eritrea and Ethiopia will have a greater impact on that road. We need to think big and avoid hate, warmongering, envy and stupidity.
Last edited by Aurorae Borealis on 10 Dec 2020, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.

Aurorae Borealis

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 10 Dec 2020, 07:34

Abraham,

I don't even think you are Eritrean. The Eritrean jebertis whom you hate are legitimate Eritreans who own equal rights like everybody else. People like you with identity crisis have created all kinds of problems for us Eritreans. Dividing Eritreans on the basis of region is something you always try to insinuate. Your personality and attitude reminds me of the TPLF cadres like Halafi, Ethioashe, Thomas and co. Specially, EthoAshe from the golden tribe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sabur

Post by Sabur » 10 Dec 2020, 07:44

Aurorae:
My penurious two cents 8)

I think the mess is even bigger and more complicated in ethiopia than Tigray because Ethiopia is a country formed by force, subjugating and oppressing peoples of different ethnics under the banner Ethiopia just 120 years ago. And TPLF exploited this ethnic federalism for their advantage, and eventually greed and the envy of the Eritrean People destroyed them.

While VERY cautiously optimistic of PM Aby's plan of constructing Ethiopia, I believe it needs to be done it by the consensu, not by force, of all the ethnic people in Ethiopia. I notice sometimes he seems impatient and gets angry (pseudo use force) when asked questions that he does not like to answer. This could backfire.

One thing I completely disagree about his speech, although He might have said it for a rallying purpose, that "Ethiopia had been a country for a long time before the Western Country that preach to us now to negotiate exist."

I can agree about Western Countries "higher than thou" displaying a charlatan "morally higher ground" attitude, but I disagree that Ethiopia existed for hundred years before these countries existed. This not TRUE and is One of the main Problem in the Region of Horn Africa.

Did the claimed Old Ethiopia really long existed with Somali Ethiopians, with the Oromo People, with the Gambella People, with the Southern People,...? What is the claimed OLD Ethiopia in the minds of the Somali Ethiopians, in the Minds of the Oromo People, in the minds the Gambella People, in the minds of the southern People,... ? The true answer Ethiopia did not exist for a long time as claimed.

The mother of all problems in Ethiopia and in the region is this historically false and untrue claims of OLD Ethiopia that existed for a long time, which BTW affects Eritrea because SOME Ethiopians still falsely and incessantly claim and teach that Red Sea used to be part of Ethiopia historically.

"It took two devastating wars WW1 and WW2, and false claims of colonialism for the European nations to form EEC in 1958" which lead to the formation of EU in 1993 by freewill and referendum of the PEOPLE.

Aurorae Borealis wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 23:51
What a mess. Let us say, weyane number three goes into the jungle and succeeds to kick the Ethiopian army out of Tigray in the next five years. Will Tigray declare independence or march to Addis. Damn if you do, damn if you don't. Tigray is landlocked by unfriendly countries. Even if Eritrea becomes friendly, Tigray, it is very difficult to see itself as self-sustaining country called Tigray. Marching to Addis would not help either. EPRDF 2, is not an option. Ethiopians would not let it happen. Ethiopia can not disintegrate. The world will not allow it. What a mess, really.
Last edited by Sabur on 10 Dec 2020, 08:02, edited 3 times in total.

Aurorae Borealis

Post by Aurorae Borealis » 10 Dec 2020, 07:59

Brother Sabur,

You wrote,
I believe it needs to be done it by the consensus, not by force,
Right on the mark. The victory and honeymoon will be over once reality takes over. Dr. Abbiy's job will be tremendous. I know he is looking beyond his borders to influence the rest of East Africa. He has Eritrea and Somalia on his side. He is working on Kenya and Sudan. But, the real problem is Ethiopia's stability itself. The Tigrayan left a time bomb that is very dangerous for Ethiopia itself. Does he have what it takes, we will see in the next few months not years.

wegri

Post by wegri » 10 Dec 2020, 08:19

Eri & Ethio brothers

Let's celebrate, the junta Weyane is completely destroyed!
GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!

More popcorn please :lol: :lol: :lol:

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 10 Dec 2020, 08:52

:oops: Sabur

Eritrea is only existent including Asmara thanks to Italians how old is your Eritrea and why was it built by Italians unlike you Abysinnia builds her own Empire city and advanced African Pride that’s why Abysinnia became Ethiopia due to the rise of white colonialism undeveloped Ethiopia was rushed to become a country and was in need to have great emperors to earn diplomatic support across the world we didn’t accept white Italian pedös to slave and oppress us and treat us like garbage. The Great Dynasty of Abysinnian Emperors turned the weak kingdom to a strong one through diplomatic ties with Christian Kingdoms and Empire FYI Nation and nationalities is White Communist ideology if you think it’s so great apply it to Eritrea and if Oromo and southerners are oppressed what took them 150 years to protest about it?

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 10 Dec 2020, 11:40

Noble Amhara wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 08:52
:oops: Sabur

Eritrea is only existent including Asmara thanks to Italians how old is your Eritrea and why was it built by Italians unlike you Abysinnia builds her own Empire city and advanced African Pride that’s why Abysinnia became Ethiopia due to the rise of white colonialism undeveloped Ethiopia was rushed to become a country and was in need to have great emperors to earn diplomatic support across the world we didn’t accept white Italian pedös to slave and oppress us and treat us like garbage. The Great Dynasty of Abysinnian Emperors turned the weak kingdom to a strong one through diplomatic ties with Christian Kingdoms and Empire FYI Nation and nationalities is White Communist ideology if you think it’s so great apply it to Eritrea and if Oromo and southerners are oppressed what took them 150 years to protest about it?
Marlyn Monroe
Do you even your qentir arse knows the true meaning of Abyssinia or Abyssinian? Lets his eminence school your arse, The word Abyssinia is a Portuguese word translated from arabic word أرض الحبشة ,the land of habesha. Marlyn Monroe, Are you a habesha?, let alone to be a habesha, you can't even spell the word habesha, but you refer your self as an abesha. And who are your so called emperors who turned the weak kingdom to a strong one. I give you credit for emperor Menelik, the founder of modern Ethiopia who enlarged the country frontier south and west but who are the other emperors?

Marlyn Monroe, your qentir arse needs to read one or two books.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 10 Dec 2020, 13:05

Abe Abraham wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 03:16
The topic brings us back to the days of Barbuy, an Italian colonial official who used to expel Tigrayans who crossed the border illegally and overstayed themselves in Eritrea . After the expulsion Tigrayans used to sing :

ስኒ ጊሐየ
ባርቡይ
ስኒ ጊሐየ !
ክምለስ እየ
ሽልን ተለቂሐየ !!

Today there are over 100,000 Tigrayan muslims still left in Eritrea. The Eritrean government protects them and arrests any person who raises any question about their presence in Eritrea. With the protection of PFDJ Tigrayan muslims in Asmara have built Madrasas to train jihadists to create chaos in Eritrea.

One of the Tigmos who was given high position in government by PFDJ confessed to have leaked important state documents to anti-Eritrean forces during his presence in Eritrea. This how PFDJ gets paid by the Tigmos for its naivety.

Aite wedi 40,

ok let's assume the tigrigna speaking muslims are settlers in eritrea for argument sake.

Now how about you? Aren't you a new settler in eritrea? The only difference between you (btw 100s of thousands of your types aka deqi alula are in eritrea) and them (the tigrigna speaking muslims) is that you adapted the eritrean tigrigna accent in other words you applied terms such as HIJI instead of HIZI and you were welcomed and accommadated by our kebesa compatriots. However, sadly and unfortunately your types are ruling our poor eritrea as we speak.

Aite bigot, few months ago you were bashing our akele and seraye and now our eri jebertis. You are an SOB regionalist and a muslim hater.

P. S. BTW, I know you since long and in dehai message board a century ago. Lol
Last edited by kerenite on 10 Dec 2020, 13:15, edited 2 times in total.