Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Revelations
Senior Member+

Re: Borana Abba Gadda Kura Jarso, calls OLA "enemy of the people" [BBC]

Post by Revelations » 02 Dec 2020, 23:29

A respected traditional leader of Ethiopia’s Oromo people has declared the rebel Oromo Liberation Army (OLA) an "enemy of the people".

The decision by Kura Jarso, the Abbaa Gadaa (ruler) of the Borana community, the main sub-group of the Oromo people who live in the vast territory of southern Ethiopia and northern Kenya, is seen as significant.

OLA rebels consider the area their stronghold.

The Borana are pastoralists and the most influential group amongst the Oromo because of their culture.

The group's traditional Gada system of governance was listed by Unesco as an "intangible heritage of Ethiopia" in 2016.

The cultural leader's decision means the group will be considered outcasts from the community where they live and on whose behalf they claim to be fighting for.

"A group that says it's struggling for the people shouldn’t kill its people. These men are killing Boranas. Thus, they’re enemy of Borana," the traditional leader told the BBC.

Mr Kura says that as a result, the community will be fighting against the rebel group on all fronts.

The armed group, which broke away from the Oromo Liberation Front, a once-exiled opposition group, is active in western and southern Ethiopia, making the area unstable in recent years.

Last week, Ethiopia’s forces reportedly staged a cross-border raid into the Kenyan town of Moyale, hunting for supporters of the rebel group. At least 10 were arrested.

The group is often accused of attacks including killing, kidnapping and rape which they have denied.

It was accused of killing dozens of civilians in western Ethiopia earlier last month.

ethiopian
Member+

Post by ethiopian » 03 Dec 2020, 00:04

don't [ deleted ] early Rev .... an Ethiopia which refused self determination, freedom and will of the Oromos is doomed to fail ! Oromia is NOT Tigray

Revelations
Senior Member+

Post by Revelations » 03 Dec 2020, 00:43

Sorry Dude, but I am not doing you. Tell Abba Gadda Kura Jarso of Borana to make it last. Also tell him your preferred position too. Good luck!
ethiopian wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 00:04
don't [ deleted ] early Rev .... an Ethiopia which refused self determination, freedom and will of the Oromos is doomed to fail ! Oromia is NOT Tigray

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 03 Dec 2020, 02:31

yaballo wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 01:51
Rev,

Akkami .. fayyaa?

Mr. Kura Jarso is an OPDO/PP cadre not really a respected Abba Gada of the Borana.

He is the first Borana Abba Gada who actually finished a high-school & even went to a college. Perhaps due to his town-based stints & partial upbringing, he is a drunkard HODDAM who has been corrupted by the temptations of living in towns that can only be financed via corrupt practices such as serving the OPDO/PP cadres for a fat-ish paycheck.

A typical Borana Abba Gada is expected to live just like an ordinary Borana person or family but this fellow spends a great deal of his time drinking beer, eating injera-and-wot in fancy eateries in towns, travelling to Adama & Finfinne [OPDO/PP HQs], sleeping with prostitutes & many other acts of debauchery that are a big NO! .. NO! for a Borana Abba Gada.

Also, Abba Gadas are suppose to stay out of Ethiopian state politics or remain neutral & he, obviously, breaking that cardinal rule. So, don't be surprised if he gets assassinated or his family attacked, etc. He is a dead man walking.

Nagaatti.

Welcome home Tegadaly Yabello. Now you make a little bit sense since you are talking about Borena and its surroundings and its sassy monkeys you are enamored with. As all things that goes up, it is an avoidable fact of life, it must come down. After geganu Yabello has destroyed completely the 6th mechanized division with his buddy weyanes , reporting 10,000 Ethiopian prisoners of war with breakneck speed. Marching to Addis Ababa with the likes of General Abo Sebhat and Abay the surger dady, preparing news briefing for Getachew pig Reta. Promising the weyane jeganu to take over Addis Ababa in days. Unfortunately for Yabello Zebdelo , the almighty Weyanes got routed out in days. Mekele supposedly a city that was waiting to devour the EDF welcomed them as heroes. " They said they are not afraid of EDF but the thieves in the city. . So yabeloo started to fall into depression completely disappeared from the ER Your false news fabrications didn't help them either. so finally yebello headed to the south. good move .

Abe Abraham

Post by Abe Abraham » 03 Dec 2020, 02:49

yaballo wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 01:51
Rev,

Akkami .. fayyaa?

Mr. Kura Jarso is an OPDO/PP cadre not really a respected Abba Gada of the Borana.

He is the first Borana Abba Gada who actually finished a high-school & even went to a college. Perhaps due to his town-based stints & partial upbringing, he is a drunkard HODDAM who has been corrupted by the temptations of living in towns that can only be financed via corrupt practices such as serving the OPDO/PP cadres for a fat-ish paycheck.

A typical Borana Abba Gada is expected to live just like an ordinary Borana person or family but this fellow spends a great deal of his time drinking beer, eating injera-and-wot in fancy eateries in towns, travelling to Adama & Finfinne [OPDO/PP HQs], sleeping with prostitutes & many other acts of debauchery that are a big NO! .. NO! for a Borana Abba Gada.

Also, Abba Gadas are suppose to stay out of Ethiopian state politics or remain neutral & he, obviously, is breaking that cardinal rule. So, don't be surprised if he gets assassinated or his family attacked, etc. He is a dead man walking.

Nagaatti.

Hayyee !

Ati eessarraati? Tigray ?

Nagaatti.

Revelations
Senior Member+

Post by Revelations » 03 Dec 2020, 10:58

የቦረና አባ ገዳ ኦነግ-ሸኔ የሕዝብ 'ጠላት ነው' ሲሉ አወጁ

2 ታህሳስ 2020

የቦረና አባ ገዳ ኩራ ጃርሶ

የቦረና አባ ገዳ የሆኑት ኩራ ጃርሶ በምዕራብና በደቡብ የኢትዮጵያ ክፍሎች ውስጥ የሽምቅ ጥቃት እየፈጸመ እንደሆነ የሚነገረውን ኦነግ-ሸኔን የሕዝብ ጠላት ነው ሲሉ ቡድኑን አወገዙ።

አባ ገዳ ኩራ ለቢቢሲ እንደረናገሩት በታጣቂ ቡድኑ በሚፈጸሙ ጥቃቶች ሠላማዊ ሰዎች በመገደላቸው በመሆኑ ነው። "እነዚህ ታጣቂዎች የቦረናን ሕዝብ እየገደሉ ነው። ለሕዝብ እታገላለሁ የሚል አካል መልሶ ሕዝብን መግደል የለበትም" ሲሉ ነው ቡድኑን ያወገዙት።

ከኦሮሞ ነጻነት ግንባር ተነጥሎ የወጣው ታጣቂው የኦነግ-ሸኔ ቡድን በተለያዩ የኦሮሚያ አካባቢዎች ጥቃት እንደፈጸመና መንግሥትም ቡድኑ ላይ እርምጃ እየወሰደ እንደሚገኝ መግለጹ አይዘነጋም።

የቦረና አባ ገዳው ኩራ ጃርሶ የኦነግ-ሸኔ አባላት እንዳሉት "ሴቶችን አስገድደው ይደፍራሉ። በቦረና ባህል ይህ እጅግ አጸያፊ ነው። ባል እያባረሩ ከሚስት ጋር ያድራሉ። የጦር መሣሪያ ይነጥቃሉ። ታዋቂ የሆኑ ሰዎችን ይገድላሉ። ከብት ዘርፈው አርደው ይበላሉ" ሲሉ ቡድኑ እየደረሰ ነው ያሉትን ድርጊት ገልጸዋል።

ቡድኑ በምዕራብና በደቡብ የተለያዩ የኦሮሚያ አካባቢዎች በሚገኙ ነዋሪዎች ላይ እንዲሁም በመንግሥት ሠራተኞች ላይ ጥቃት እንደሚሰነዝር በተደጋጋሚ ሲዘገብ ነበር።

አባ ገዳ ኩራ እንዳሉትም የቡድኑ አባላት በእድሜ የገፉ አዛውንቶችን እና ሕጻናትን ጨምር እየገደሉ መሆኑን በመግለጽ ለዚሁ መሳያ የሚሆን ምሳሌም ጠቅሰዋል።

"ለምሳሌ አሬሮ ወረዳ የ12 ዓመት ልጅ ገድለዋል" ያሉት አባ ገዳው አያይዘውም "እዚህ ደረጃ ላይ ስለደረሱ ኦነግ-ሸኔ የቦረና ሕዝብ ጠላት ነው ብለን አውጀናል። ሕዝቡ ራሱን እንዲከላከል አውጀናል" ብለዋል።

ጠቅላይ ሚንስትር ዐብይ አህመድ ወደ ሥልጣን ከመጡ በኋላ ከኤርትራ ጭምር ወደ አገር እንዲገቡ ጥሪ ተደርጎላቸው ወደ ኢትዮጵያ ቢመለሱም ከገቡ ጀምሮ ችግር ሆነው መቆየታቸውን አባ ገዳ ኩራ ተናግረዋል።

"በሰላማዊ መንገድ እንዲታገሉ አባ ገዳዎች እና የቦረና ሽማግሌዎች ሁሉ ለምነን አቅቶናል። አላማቸው ምን እንደሆነ ሊገባን አልቻለም" ሲሉም ተናግረዋል።

ኦነግ ሸኔ የሕዝብ ጠላት ነው ብለው ያወጁት በሕዝቡ ላይ ጉዳት በማድረሳቸው እንጂ በማንም ጫና ምክንያት እንዳልሆነ አስረግጠው፤ "አሁን ሕዝቡ በሁሉም ቀበሌዎች ታጣቂዎቹን እየወጋ ነው" ብለዋል።

የቦረና አባ ገዳ ባማኅበረሰባቸው ዘንድ ከፍተኛ ተሰሚነት ያላቸው ሲሆኑ የሚያስተላልፉትም መልዕክት የተነሳ ተጽዕኖ ፈጣሪ ናቸው። ከዚህ በተጨማሪም በመንግሥት ዘንድም ተሰሚነት አላቸው።

መንግሥትም የተለያዩ መልዕክቶችን ወደ ኅብረተሰቡ ማስተላለፍ ሲፈልግም በአባ ገዳዎች አማካይነት የሚያደርስበት አጋጣሚዎችም አሉ።

መንግሥት በምዕራብ ኦሮሚያ በሚገኙ ዞኖች፣ በወለጋ ዞኖች እንዲሁም በደቡብ ኦሮሚያ በሚገኙት ጉጂ እና ቦረና ዞኖች ለሚፈጸሙ ጥቃቶች በአካባቢዎቹ የሚንቀሳቀሱትን የኦነግ-ሸኔ ታጣቂዎችን ተጠያቂ ያደርጋል።

ቡድኑንም ከምዕራብና ከደቡብ የአገሪቱ ክፍሎች ለማስወገድ የፌደራል መንግሥቱ ሠራዊትና የኦሮሚያ ክልል የጸጥታ አካላት በተለያዩ ጊዜያት ዘመቻዎችን ሲያካሂዱ ቆይተዋል።

ethiopian
Member+

Post by ethiopian » 03 Dec 2020, 12:29

Azawintu ( የእንጨት ሽበት ) Revelation typical of you to respond in a perverted way for an honest discourse. Typical yegema mentality!

Revelations
Senior Member+

Post by Revelations » 03 Dec 2020, 22:12

ethiopian wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 12:29
Azawintu ( የእንጨት ሽበት ) Revelation typical of you to respond in a perverted way for an honest discourse. Typical yegema mentality!
What was perverted about my response, Mamush? You asked me not to e^jaculate while I was not engaged with you in such manner. My suggestions were perfect in directing you to ask Abba Gadda Kura Jarso for the favor you thought I can fulfill.

ethiopian
Member+

Post by ethiopian » 03 Dec 2020, 23:13

Revelations wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 22:12
ethiopian wrote:
What was perverted about my response, Mamush? You asked me not to e^jaculate while I was not engaged with you in such manner. My suggestions were perfect in directing you to ask Abba Gadda Kura Jarso for the favor you thought I can fulfill.
You are emotionally unfit to the current situation in Ethiopia, your time has long gone and you are only left with hate towards anything Oromo. But alas Oromos have turned the clock around and there will be no coming back from what they have achieved through their blood and sweat including crashing a cruel enemy called TPLF.
Keep your juvenile jokes and tantrums because that is all you got !

Revelations
Senior Member+

Post by Revelations » 04 Dec 2020, 00:13

Yah! :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope Abba Gadda Kura Jarso keeps kicking your [deleted] hard!
ethiopian wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 23:13
Revelations wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 22:12
ethiopian wrote:
You are emotionally unfit to the current situation in Ethiopia, your time has long gone and you are only left with hate towards anything Oromo. But alas Oromos have turned the clock around and there will be no coming back from what they have achieved through their blood and sweat including crashing a cruel enemy called TPLF.
Keep your juvenile jokes and tantrums because that is all you got !