Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

A Letter to Our Tigrayan Brothers and Sisters

Post by teodroseIII » 28 Nov 2020, 13:51

There is a reason why this current conflict has triggered so many Tigrayans; the thought of bombs exploding in Mek’ele, Adigrat and Shire takes them back to the bombs that wiped away their parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents in Hawzen. Even if we disagree when it comes to who is responsible for this crisis that has shrouded Ethiopia in a netela of bullets and bombs, I am nonetheless very aware of the suffering that this crisis is causing in the hearts and homes of millions of Tigrayans. I pray for a speedy resolution and implore all Ethiopians to not lose sight of their humanity when it comes to the grief of Tigrayans.

Please have compassion when you see a Tigrayan on social media fuming in anger or even lashing out; whether you accept their feelings or not is inconsequential. The point is that they are hurting and as believers in Egzyhaber or Allah, as your faith dictates, lead with love not indifference. Feel free to condemn the TPLF as I do, but stop demonizing all Tigrayans, you can’t be about one Ethiopia if you are excluding Tigrayans from your equation. Moreover, ask yourself how you would feel if this conflict was taking place in the town you grew up or in the village where your families currently live. Above all, do not assign collective judgement for that is immoral, castigate TPLF as you must, but do not pivot and condemn all for the sins of a few.

Let me also point out this one quirk about this current conflict, many Ethiopians are bewildered by the seemingly broad support that the TPLF enjoy among Tigrayans and think that this must mean that they are complicit in the abuses that the TPLF unleashed against civilians. However, this is a misreading of the situation, the truth is a lot more complex. I’ve received a lot of feedback the past couple of days alone noting that the TPLF do not enjoy as much of a support among Tigrayans as perceived by Ethiopians and portrayed by journalists with hidden motives to the world.

One particular Tigrayan inboxed me and let me know that the TPLF are viewed as coercive agents who enrich themselves through corruption while most Tigrayans suffer. But when people feel attacked, they go with those who give lip service to defending them. This is why Donald Trump, a man who has bilked countless “white” people and looks down with disdain at them was nonetheless adored by millions of Americans from the South to the Mid-West and beyond. The politics of emotional manipulation is a narcotic that has a draw many are unable to reject.

To my Tigrayan haweys and hafteys, as much as I understand your pains and try to convey those scars to others so they can be more empathetic to your suffering, I ask that you too take a step back and realize the suffering that the TPLF caused and the wounds that many have in their hearts to this day. The tears you shed at the memory of June 22nd, 1988, many Ethiopians shed the same tears at the memories of May 15th, 2005 and the horrors the TPLF unleashed in order to quash freedom’s song that was echoing from Addis Abeba. The sadness you have, Anuaks, Oromos, Ahmaras, Somalis and the rest of our communities in Ethiopia also feel as they look at pictures of relatives who were silenced by ...continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/a-letter-to-ou ... d-sisters/

Noble Amhara

Re: A Letter to Our Tigrayan Brothers and Sisters

Post by Noble Amhara » 28 Nov 2020, 14:38

How many paragraphs of love letters do you write to Tigrays now delete ur fcking name u ain’t Amhara coward tigray arse suckerrr not one journal about amhara garbage agame lover

gagi

Re: A Letter to Our Tigrayan Brothers and Sisters

Post by gagi » 28 Nov 2020, 14:49

Dear Tewodros,

Thank you for the thoughtful message. You are absolutely right, no ordinary Tigraway deserves a wholesale demonization. They are our compatriots. This victory is also their victory. We all know so many Tigraway who are victims of the traitor TPLF and its ideology of hate and greed.

Your piece is a timely reminder and advice. Thanks, once again. Ignore the fanatics or the imposters!