Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

Breaking: the Battle for Mek’ele has Commenced

Post by teodroseIII » 28 Nov 2020, 10:44

According to multiple reports emerging from Ethiopia, the campaign to root out the TPLF from Mek’ele has commenced. I pray for all Ethiopians in Mek’ele and their families who are scattered around the world. I fervently hope that there is a speedy resolution to this conflict. As much as I wished that the TPLF would have put down their guns and as much as desired that egos would be put aside, the genie is already out of the bottle and all we can hope for now is a speedy resolution.

I know full well what will happen over the coming days, and God forbid weeks; there will be gruesome pictures of the dead and imagery of mothers and fathers crying over lost ones. For all Tigrayans, this will be a revisitation of the horrors of June 22nd 1988; I am mindful of the wounds that you carry in your hearts. When I advocate the dismantling of TPLF for the good of Ethiopia, that does not exclude Tigrayans. I know there are a lot of Tigrayans who silently chaff at the overbearing hands of TPLF. Yet as much as I endorse this campaign to hold TPLF accountable for striking out unprovoked and attacking their own nation’s soldiers, I don’t lose sight of the fact that this battle was and is taking place in your backyard.

I am not cheering for war; my heart breaks while writing this. Ethiopia has seen too much deaths and witnessed too many heartaches—we don’t need yet more logs on the fire. As much as I don’t want to say this, I feel that in this case war is in fact a...continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/conflict-chron ... -ethiopia/