Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

But why?

Post by DefendTheTruth » 22 Nov 2020, 08:46

Why are we killing each other?

This is the most mind boggling question that I am currently facing in my life.

If someone can answer me this question, by being removed from one's political and other social affiliations for a while and just concentrating on any possible rationality behind the business of killing each other, then I will be greatfull for that someone.

Are some people that stupid (in real terms) to sacrifice the lives of many many of their fellow citizens just to come to power in their country?

Something that could have possibly justified such a cost would have been, in my view at least, that someone faced an existential threat, in which case that someone might have no other choice than trying to defend his/her own right to exist by all means.

Did anyone (as a group) face an existential threat in Ethiopia in the current and recent political landscape of the country?

Please, if you can, explain to me in terms of scientific point of view and I am not much interested in someone giving me certain political excuses for this important question and trying to justify such a high cost.

Please also note that I am not trying to discredit the effort of the Ethiopian government in trying to restore the rule of law in the country after a treasonous crime was committed against its own national security and sovereignty, because, in my view again, this is part of the core responsibilities of a genuine government administering the affairs of its subjects (but I could be wrong here also).