Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
info

My first take

Post by info » 03 Nov 2020, 19:55

It is too early to know what is happening in Tigray but from the very few pieces that we are getting it looks like that the PM has prepared this operation for a long time in cooperation with some moderates inside the TPLF. The PM and the moderates in the TPLF seem to fool the radicals by convincing them to send all Tigray militias to the border area while PM is sending its special commandos and its fighter helicopters directly to Mekele to catch the radical ring leaders. The timing is also well prepared, i.e during the US election. The radical fools in the TPLF were told to send the Tigray militia to attack the army leaving Mekele open for the commandos to go after the radical leaders. It looks like this operation is well prepared and doesn't seem to last more than few days. I may be wrong but it looks like the radicals were played by Abiy and the moderates in the TPLF like a fool and will soon be thrown to jail. If this assumption is true then this is a huge boost and a master piece of planing and executing a military operation. It also avoids a long and costly war which is great. It is a mind game stupid!
Last edited by info on 03 Nov 2020, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

nizzy

Re: My first take

Post by nizzy » 03 Nov 2020, 20:01

Would there have been a costly war others? Sustaining an army requires not just money but the ability to bring in supply with that money. There was not way Eritrea would allow them to import supplies through its territory so the north is out of the question, to the east you have Afar region which has sided with Ethiopia to the south you have more Ethiopia and to the west you have Sudan which would have damaged it's relationship with Eritrea and Ethiopia if he helped the TPLF and given the state of Sudan there was no way they'd risk that. So surrounded on all sides and not having access to Ethiopia's riches there is no way the TPLF could've kept an army going that could match Ethiopia's.

What we saw here by some of our more crazed posters was nothing more than repeating the lies the TPLF tells Tigrayans, about how powerful they are all lies.

Wedi
Member+

Re: My first take

Post by Wedi » 03 Nov 2020, 20:03

It is very early to say this and we have very very little info to come to this scenario!!
Better to wait and see its developments!!

By the way, this is the latest info that we have :lol: :lol:
ከ2000 በላይ ባለ ቀይ መለዮ ኮማንዶዎች መቀሌ መግባታቸውና ፕላኔት ሆቴልን መቆጣጠራቸው ታውቋል:: መቀሌ በሚገኘው የፕላኔት ሆቴል ውስጥ በብዛት የህወሃት ሰዎች የሚገኙበትና የሚያድሩበት መሆኑ ይታወቃል:
info wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 19:55
It is too early to know what is happening in Tigray but from the very few pieces that we are getting it looks like that the PM has prepared this operation for a long time in cooperation with some moderates inside the TPLF. The PM and the moderates in the TPLF seem to fool the radicals by sending all their militias to the border area while PM is sending its special commandos and its fighter helicopters directly to Mekele to catch the radical ring leaders. The timing is also well prepared, i.e during the US election. The radical fools in the TPLF were told to send the Tigray militia to attack the army leaving Mekele open for the commandos to go after the radical leaders. It looks like this operation is well prepared and doesn't seem to last more than few days. I may be wrong but it looks like the radicals were played by Abiy and the moderates in the TPLF like a fool and will soon be thrown to jail. If this assumption is true then this is a huge boost and a master piece of planing and executing a military operation. It also avoids a long and costly war which is great. It is a mind game stupid!