Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
ittuabafarda

Hello Bigots!!! This is For You!!!

Post by ittuabafarda » 01 Nov 2020, 20:02

Hey bigots!!! Have you read the very recent article/news on BBC Africa about what our very dear Sudanese sister Zeinab Mohammed Salih said about the dam? I will let you read it. Here is the link for your bigoted eye to read. Just don't gouge your own eyeballs out. Then you may end up committing a suicide. I will make that easier for you!!!! Jump in the lake and do that during week days only otherwise you may end up messing up our weekend plans looking for your sorry $$$es!!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-54748204.

For me, I am gonna chill back right here in my man cave and play some of my Sudanese oldies by Aisha al-Falaati, Amuna Kayir, Muhlat Aleabadia and Fatima Elhajj whose songs I broke my teeth with early Sudanese rhythm and blues.

Dawi

Re: Hello Bigots!!! This is For You!!!

Post by Dawi » 01 Nov 2020, 20:58

ittuabafarda wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 20:02
Hey bigots!!! Have you read the very recent article/news on BBC Africa about what our very dear Sudanese sister Zeinab Mohammed Salih said about the dam?
How can I help you ittu! :~)

She is telling us what we've been saying from the start of GERD initiation.

When an EPRDF ambassador asked my uncle, who was an officer of past HIM Airforce, to be in charge of raising some funds for GERD a while back here in the US, his first question was, why they built it on the border of Sudan?

The explanation given to him in a nut shell was, Sudan is going to benefit by irrigating her vast land. His response was, what's it for us? He got detailed explanation of being a good neighbor bla...bla...bla! My uncle still can't believe the riddle in that thought; let alone raise funds, he decided not to give a penny for such, what he considered an "idiotic" concept. He blamed the thought as one of the genius's of "evil" Meles similar with the one, letting Assab be used for the camels to urinate on! :P

Be that as it may, not only GERD benefits Sudan for her national irrigation scheme but, stops floods that killed hundreds this year alone; not to mention saving millions in property loses. On top of that they can buy continuous power to supply their country.

So, why in the world Sudan gives Ethiopia half a*ss support? Who is the most beneficiary? I am sure we are not.

Why is that then, when the Egyptians chauvinists ask them to jump, they seem to always ask how high? Cowards!

Can you explain that?

In the following, the former Sudanese water minister had some guts as Zeinab, telling it like it is! I do respect such people!

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 01 Nov 2020, 23:24

Dawi wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 20:58
ittuabafarda wrote:
Hey bigots!!! Have you read the very recent article/news on BBC Africa about what our very dear Sudanese sister Zeinab Mohammed Salih said about the dam?

When an EPRDF ambassador asked my uncle, who was an officer of past HIM Airforce, to be in charge of raising some funds for GERD a while back here in the US, his first question was, why they built it on the border of Sudan?
There was a reason which they could not give. It is called the dream of Abay Tigray. This is what Abay Tigray in their dream looked like. Agame stupidity at its zenith.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 01 Nov 2020, 23:43

Dawi,

I am not sure if you have been observing the politics of Sudan for decades since its so-called independence. From the start it has the hands of the generals in Al-Qahirah. Its founding in 1955 was done on the auspices of Nasser and the then British administration. Its borders on all of it 4 corners is riddled with issues. Both Egypt and Sudan are the reflections of the same image in their mirrors. Both have been ruled by generals since then except for short breaks in Sudan. You need a Sudanese civilian government? No sweat!!! A general will topple the one before him, hoop over a sacrificial goat, will shed his brass... bingo... abracadabra...you have a civilian government. Egypt has a well trenched controlling arm in the Sudanese military. They are there watching every move by PM Abdalla Hamdok. I tell you, one wrong move he will be gone. Having said that, those military spoiled brats are facing the puzzle of their lifetime. The GERD! They can't live with it because of the generals in Al-Qahirah and they can't live without it because of the enormous fringe benefits their country will be getting when the dam starts humming in full steam!!!! So far PM Hamdok seems to be playing the right cards. I am not sure if you had the chance to watch and listen to his conversation on the phone with President Trump. He stayed clear of complaining about the dam but he told the president that he hopes to reach an agreement amicable to all parties. Now let's assume Sudan has gone completely with Egypt and opted for a military action on the dam. Let's assume that for a moment. Then what? Bomb the dam away? Ok, then what? Blue Nile will be lost for both Egypt and Sudan forever. Kiss and goodbye forever and ever!!! Then what? They will send a ground force to occupy the old country inhabited by black folks? Please don't make laugh!!! That would be a nice setup for a punchline. But it would not be that funny for the innocent people of Sudan and Egypt.
Those two fire spitting patriots Obbo Dr. Seleshi and Obbo Gedu have been telling el-Sisi that yes they are declaring the Blue Nile with the dam being built on it is an eminent domain but the owner has a say on it. They have proven that to the word. When they carried out the first filling of the dam Egypt has not lost a single ounce of water. We know that because an Egyptian official had said so. He even went further that the first filling will not affect the flow of water to Egypt for 12 months until July 2021. Then Mother Nature will let the rain pours in buckets, Insha'Allah, and the 2nd filling will be carried out without a loss of a single ounce of water to Egypt until July 2022. You know where I am going with Let me stop here because I am afraid I will be overcome by sheer fervor.

So Sudan is between a hard and a rock place. I think Brother Hamdok is finding enough wiggling room in such very tight card game.

Blessings to you and your family!!! Make sure to vote on Tuesday if you are an American citizen and you haven't already. And stay safe!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 02 Nov 2020, 00:16

sesame wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 23:24
Dawi wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 20:58
ittuabafarda wrote:

There was a reason which they could not give. It is called the dream of Abay Tigray. This is what Abay Tigray in their dream looked like. Agame stupidity at its zenith.

Sesame,

That is very funny. I could not stop laughing at the map. But I wish you had not used the 'A' word as a derogatory term. To my understanding the 'A' word is a district in the region of Tigray and also used to call a group of noble people from that region just like Gojjam is used to call a district and the people from that district in Amhara region. We have Arsi and Western Hararghe zones in Oromia regions. I also see people using the 'G' word like candies here to denigrate Oromos like me. There are others who have the 'N' epithet as the first word coming out of their mouth to insult the noble people of Amhara. I hope we will give this all up soon. It has been a cancer that has been drilling at the hearts and soul of the society in the old country.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 07 Nov 2020, 22:52

Stay current!!!

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 08 Nov 2020, 15:35

ittuabafarda wrote:
Hey bigots!!! Have you read the very recent article/news on BBC Africa about what our very dear Sudanese sister Zeinab Mohammed Salih said about the dam? I will let you read it. Here is the link for your bigoted eye to read. Just don't gouge your own eyeballs out. Then you may end up committing a suicide. I will make that easier for you!!!! Jump in the lake and do that during week days only otherwise you may end up messing up our weekend plans looking for your sorry $$$es!!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-54748204.

For me, I am gonna chill back right here in my man cave and play some of my Sudanese oldies by Aisha al-Falaati, Amuna Kayir, Muhlat Aleabadia and Fatima Elhajj whose songs I broke my teeth with early Sudanese rhythm and blues.
Greetings brother,

You mentioned aisha alfelatiya who happens to be my favorite singer. She hails from nigeria and the term alfelatia is meant to depict her as such. However her songs are much loved in sudan and in lowland eritrea.

One of my beloved songs goes...assisma alghadarif alzohl seQir mArif alfen jineh.[alfen jineh then was was a million worth nowadays].

Just to add, she and the famous IBRAHIM ALKASHIF (the most loved singer in sudan) were performing their show in Egypt. Upon the completion of the show, an egyptian journalist asked singer aisha alfelatia if she reads the lyrics accurately before singing.

Her response, me and brother ibrahim alkashif did not visit any any school. We only memorize the lyrics.

This annoyed ibrahim alkashif, lol..lol..upon their return to sudan, he angrily said why did she include me in her response. The question was solely addressed to her.

In other words, inde awaredechin iko lemin inye yaltemare bla chemerechin. TiyaQew sle eeisrwa bicha neber.

Tena yistilign

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 09 Nov 2020, 16:05

Brother kerenite,

That was piece of history you told about Ibrahim Al-Khashif and Aisha. I love her voice. I thought she has a heritage from some parts of North Western Eritrea. Sudanese songs were the ones that used to get us together from Somalia, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Eritrea. Back in the 1960's Thursday nights used to be a getting together moment for me and my friends during my days in the Middle East because it was the 'hafla'(concert) night. It used to be broadcasted on a shortwave radio from Omdurman/Khartoum. It was always my wish to visit that country and Eritrea but job and raising a family did not leave any room for that. Now I'm too old to do such long distance traveling.

Thank you for sharing such a reminiscing story from way back then.