Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Deqi-Arawit

Does Ethiopia has the the Russian anti Aircraft system S300, or it is woyane teret teret

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 01 Nov 2020, 14:16

To his eminence Knowledge ,it is only these countries who operate the s-300

Algeria –
Armenia –
Azerbaijan
Belarus –
Bulgaria –
People's Republic of China –
Egypt –
Greece
India –
Iran -
Kazakhstan
North Korea -
Russia –
Slovakia
Syria
Ukraine
Venezuela
Vietnam

Abere

Re: Does Ethiopia has the the Russian anti Aircraft system S300, or it is woyane teret teret

Post by Abere » 01 Nov 2020, 14:34

The question is can Egypt stop it if Ethiopia wants having this missile? After all money can by almost everything. Ethiopia is the second largest and powerful country in Africa. I think Egypt does not have any capacity to get closer even an inch of the Abay dam. If Egypt had that power it would try longtime ago. It is just a scaremonger. We need Abay for large scale irrigation farming more than electric power. The country should not be bullied to sign a deal that affect the future of other huge projects.

quindibu

Re: Does Ethiopia has the the Russian anti Aircraft system S300, or it is woyane teret teret

Post by quindibu » 01 Nov 2020, 15:05

Abere wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 14:34
Ethiopia is the second largest and powerful country in Africa.
Let me put it diplomatically. I don't know what 'powerful' constitutes in your dictionary, but the reality is, without external support, let alone being powerful, your very existence would be in question.

Reality Check: US sat down with Eritrean rebels in 1990s to decide your fate. And history repeats itself in 2018 again when Ambassador Yamamato was sent to Eritrea after US recognized its mercenary and barking dog in the region, TPLF, was in its last leg. Don't confuse being subservient to the powers of the day and shooting at others hiding behind their donated wheat as a sign of strength!

I strongly believe you are your own worst enemy. Unless your 'elites' recognize that now and extricate themselves from this kind of collective delusion, the vicious cycle of violence your nation has been entanged in will continue unabated!

Fortunately, Abiy seems to understand that kind of folly, but I doubt your elites would give him a chance!

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 02 Nov 2020, 14:49

From his eminence, I think I should call mysel myth-buster or teret-teret-buster.

It seems, the leeches brought the picture from Turkey and the missile was not even S-300 but the most sophisticated and game changer anti aircraft missile battery S-400.

The original picture.

Abere

Post by Abere » 02 Nov 2020, 15:09

quindibu wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 15:05
Abere wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 14:34
Ethiopia is the second largest and powerful country in Africa.
Let me put it diplomatically. I don't know what 'powerful' constitutes in your dictionary, but the reality is, without external support, let alone being powerful, your very existence would be in question.

Reality Check: US sat down with Eritrean rebels in 1990s to decide your fate. And history repeats itself in 2018 again when Ambassador Yamamato was sent to Eritrea after US recognized its mercenary and barking dog in the region, TPLF, was in its last leg. Don't confuse being subservient to the powers of the day and shooting at others hiding behind their donated wheat as a sign of strength!

I strongly believe you are your own worst enemy. Unless your 'elites' recognize that now and extricate themselves from this kind of collective delusion, the vicious cycle of violence your nation has been entanged in will continue unabated!

Fortunately, Abiy seems to understand that kind of folly, but I doubt your elites would give him a chance!
quindibu,

External support, unless is based on equality and friendship, is a sign of subordination and marginalization. Well, all wars and destabilization over the last 50 years are imported and are sponsored by foreign countries. That is true; and that is why peace has been impossible. I will say it again, any foreign country engaged in a direct war with Ethiopia will suffer defeat. Ethiopia's problem has never been losing battle for foreign invaders but those domestics mercenary elements importing war. The battle of Maqdella, Adawa, Maicehew, and the TPLF,EPLF wars etc. are all imported and sponsored by foreign adversaries. And now, we have the TPLF and OLF doing the same dirt job. The country has never been without infidels.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 02 Nov 2020, 15:39

Deqi-Arawit wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 14:49
From his eminence, I think I should call mysel myth-buster or teret-teret-buster.
Genius Deqi! :P

Suffice is to say, our real "myth buster", which we already know how to do, if Egypt ever touches GERD, is militarily, officially installing and announcing of booby trapping every little tributary of the Blue Nile River to the world!

Then, they'll have to occupy us to get a drop of water! That will be the day!

No need to spend money on sophisticated gadgets? IMO, Woyane/Abey knew what to do all along!

Then History shall repeat itself!

Yohannes was embroiled in military struggles on his northern frontiers. First was from Khedive Isma'il Pasha of Egypt, who sought to bring the entire Nile River basin under his rule. The Egyptians flirted with encouraging Menelik of Shewa against the Emperor, but earned Menelik's enmity by marching from the port of Zeila and occupying the city-state of Harar on 11 October 1875. Both Menelik and Yohannes had regarded Harrar as a renegade province of Ethiopia, and Egyptian seizure of the Emirate was not welcome to either of them. The Egyptians then marched into northern Ethiopia from their coastal possessions around the port of Massawa. Yohannis gathered up his armies and marched to meet the Egyptian force.
The two armies met at Gunda-gudee, on the morning of 16 November 1875. The Egyptians were tricked into marching into a narrow and steep valley and were wiped out by Ethiopian gunners surrounding the valley from the surrounding mountains. Virtually the entire Egyptian force, along with its many officers of European and North American background, were killed.
News of this huge defeat was suppressed in Egypt for fear that it would undermine the government of the Khedive. A new Egyptian force was assembled and sent to avenge the defeat. The Egyptians were defeated again at the Battle of Gura (7 -- 9 March 1876), where the Ethiopians were led again by the Emperor, and his loyal general, the capable (and future Ras) Alula Engida.

Deqi-Arawit wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 14:49