Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
ittuabafarda

Who You Vote For On Nov 3rd Is Your Business & Nobody Else's

Post by ittuabafarda » 31 Oct 2020, 22:43

Dear Countrymen/Women,

It is obvious that the recent comment by President Trump regarding the dam has angered many and befuddled others. Brother Jesse Jackson has joined others in pushing back President Trump's off-the-cuff remark about the dam. I don't remember any past US official let alone a president that made such mention of destruction on the property of the old country. Even Ronald Reagan who used to be called all kinds of derogatory names by that demonic Mengistu and his lieutenants did not bad mouth the old country. What he did was allow food aid to flow into that country when millions were starving to death. Don’t forget the fact that thousands of you were languishing in the refugee camps of Sudan, Djibouti and Kenya when the Reagan’s administration hauled you away to Sweet Home America!!! The most comprehensive and liberal immigration act up to that point was passed and signed in 1986 and Reagan was the president. The only time he raised the name of the old country was when he heard the news and complained in the 1960’s about President Johnson's gift to the late emperor a refitted WWII military naval craft as a yacht. Reagan saw that as a waste of tax payers' money. Wishing a bomb on a friendly nation like Ethiopia? That was not nice and is uncalled for. Well, we also had former President Obama who told us that EPRDF was a regime democratically elected in 2005, 2010 and 2015. He might have said something else as a criticism but that was done as a passing remark. Susan Rice used to admonish us all that we were not looking at the big picture even after more than 200 peaceful demonstrators were mowed down in the streets of Addis/Finfine. Just imagine how that mother of that dead youth would react if you told her that in crying for her baby boy she was not looking at the big picture. Her son did not matter as much as the big picture and you did not tell her where that picture was located, what was in it and you did not convince her that ‘big picture’ had more value than that Allah blessed human life of her child. For that grieving mother the world had already crumbled on her since she had lost her son who would be looking after and care for her in her advancing age. That was why I said before that both parties have skeletons in their closets on the old country. That is why I use domestic affairs as the foremost factor to decide when filling out my ballot with my choices on November 3, 2020. The economy and COVID-19 are on top one and two on my performance review. The rest come secondary but not completely out of the equation. So my dear countrymen/women!!! In saying so, I am not telling you that I will be voting for President Trump or his rival former VP Biden. That is my secret ballot. That secret ballot assigned to me on that fateful day November 3, 2020 is my baby and I will not trade that for the world. Make your own independent decision. if you make the old country as a patsy for your decision, then you may not end up voting for either candidate. Vote with independence and don't let any pundit or some agenda carrying elite rob you off that independence. And stay safe!!!! Love y’all!!!!

ittuabafarda

Re: Who You Vote For On Nov 3rd Is Your Business & Nobody Else's

Post by ittuabafarda » 02 Nov 2020, 14:09

Repeat!!! Tomorrow belongs to you all eligible voter. Let’s go!!!!!!!