Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Naga Tuma
Member+

ሱንሱመ፣ ሰዲ፣ ሰዶ፣ ዘዴ፣ ሜተድ

Post by Naga Tuma » 31 Oct 2020, 00:56

When I came across the following music video, the part that got me interested in the most is the ሱንሱመ (ጉልቻዎች) for a reason.

First, I wish to give credit to an elderly man who told me about the original observation in using ሱንሱመ as an optimal number for traditional cooking. Two would make an unstable set and a fourth would become redundant. So, they settled for three in ancient times for its optimality in traditional cooking.

That sounds like a simple and rudimentary idea. However, the moment you remember the word ሰዶ, which comes from the word ሰዲ, it becomes a little more sophisticated. ሰዲ means three. ሰዶ is sort of formulating an idea, presumably by a group of three people, in order to solve a problem. I am guessing that the words ሰዶ and ዘዴ are interrelated. I could be wrong and stand to be corrected if someone proves that they are coincidences.

I have no idea if the words ዘዴ and method are related in any way. But I know that the words method and methodical are in common use in the best of contemporary institutions.

Back to the words ሰዶ and ሱንሱመ. As much as ሱንሱመ became the pillars for traditional cooking, three branches of government of checks and balances have become a brand for contemporary democratic governance. Both traditional cooking and contemporary governance use three pillars for balance, so to speak.

These sound simple ideas. However, such simple, or seemingly simple, ideas are oftentimes discussed as complex and complicated.

The ideas of legitimacy, delegacy, and representation for democratic governance also sound simple. However, we are reading reports of disagreements between federal and local officials in the north in Ethiopia. Intuitively, one could imagine that if the constituency of any district elects and deems its representative a legitimate delegate, the party to which the delegate is sent ought to honor that delegate. This doesn't sound that complicated but I have been reading about it as such.

Horus
Senior Member+

Re: ሱንሱመ፣ ሰዲ፣ ሰዶ፣ ዘዴ፣ ሜተድ

Post by Horus » 31 Oct 2020, 01:40

ናጋ ቱማ፣

እንደ ምንድነህ?
እኔ ስለ ሌጂቲሜሲው ሃሳብ መረጃ ስለሌለኝ በዚያ ላይ ምንም ማለት አልችልም ። ኦሮምኛ አላውቅም እንጂ ስለ ሰዶ፣ ሱንሱመ ና ሳዶ ያለው የሜታፎር ኮንስትራክችሽ ባውቅ ደስ ይለኝ ነበር ።

ዜዴ ና ሜትድ ይዛመዱ ይሆን ዎይ ላልከው እርግጠኛ መረጃ ስላለኝ ላካፍልህ እችላለሁ ።

ዘዴ (ሜትድ) የግሪክ ቃል ነው ። ከዚያ በፊት የግብጽ ይሁን፣ ግዕዝ ይሁን ወይ ሌላ የሴም ቃል ወይ የስንክሳር (ህንድ) አላቅም (አላጠናሁትም) ።

ሜትድ የሚለው ያውሮፓ ቃል 'ሆዶስ' ከሚል የግሪክ ቃል ይነሳል ። ሆዶስ ማለት መንገድ ማለት ነው ። አሁን በንግሊዝ ሮድ ወይም በኢቶፒክ መሄድ፣ ሂደት የሚባለው ማለት ነው ።

በግዕዝ ዘ ሆዶ የተባለው ነው 'ዘ ሄዴ' ና 'ዘዴ' የሆነው ። ትርጉሙ በፍጹም አልተለወጠም ። መንገድ ማለት ነው ። ሜትድ ዘዴ መንገድ። ዌይ ማለት ነው

ኬር ! ናጋቲ !!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 31 Oct 2020, 05:17

Naga Tuma wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 00:56

These sound simple ideas. However, such simple, or seemingly simple, ideas are oftentimes discussed as complex and complicated.

The ideas of legitimacy, delegacy, and representation for democratic governance also sound simple. However, we are reading reports of disagreements between federal and local officials in the north in Ethiopia. Intuitively, one could imagine that if the constituency of any district elects and deems its representative a legitimate delegate, the party to which the delegate is sent ought to honor that delegate. This doesn't sound that complicated but I have been reading about it as such.
Naga Tuma,

I am not sure if I understood well what you are trying to say here, but it seems to me that there is something much basic, which seems to be missing in your presentation here.

There is the game and then there is also the rule of that game, both should go hand in hand. The rule of the game is predetermined (predefined) at the start of the game and should be a sort of binding rule, as far as you are in the game.

I played one of the card's game while I was young, I can't say the name of the game any more, but what I still remember is that there is a given card called a jocker card, which can essentially be a substitute for any of the rest of the cards. If any of the player tried in any way to trick to get the possession of the jocker, then the rule of the game is already violated and the game is no more according to the rule of the game, which makes everything invalid.

So, in my little understanding of what is going on in the country today, it is probably essential to understand in how much the games are conducted according to the rule of those games.

What I know for sure is that some of the actors of today's ethiopian political landscape tried to come to the scene of the game with already secured joker in their hands and what we are seeing today could be easily explained by what was planted with such a move from the get go.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 04 Nov 2020, 18:21

ሰላም ሆረስ፣

ዘዴ እና ሜተድ (ኣንዳንዶች ሜዘድ ይሉት ነበር) ይዛመዱ ይሆን የሚለዉ ግምቴ ነበር። ግምቴን ስለኣጠናከርክልኝ ኣመሰግናለሁ።

ይህን ትሬድ ኣሁን ነዉ ተመልሼ ያየሁት።

በኣጭሩ ሰዶ ማለት የሶስት ሰዎች የሀሳብ ቀመር ማለት ነዉ። ለምሳሌ ኣንተ፣ ድፌንድዘትሩዝ፣ እና እኔ ተባብረን እና ተስማምተን የሀሳብ ቀመር ብናወጣ ሰዶ ይባላል። ይህ የዘዴን ጽንሰ ሀሳብ የበለጠ ግልጽ ያደርግልሃል ብዬ ኣስባለሁ።

የሰዶ ወይም ዘዴ ቁም ነገሮች የተስማሙበት ሀሳብ ቁም ነገር ሆኖ የሚታይ እና በእንግሊዘኛዉ "ሂ ሴይድ፣" "ሺ ሴይድዕ" ዓይነት ድክመት ማስቀረት መቻሉ ነዉ። ጽፎ ማስቀመጥ ሳይለመድ በፊት የነበረ ይመስለኛል።

በዚሁ ኣጋጣሚ በኣልሸባብ ጊዜ ጀምሮ የተጠቀምኩትን ነጋ ቱማ ቅኔ ትምህርት ቤት ባልወስደዉም የበለጠ እየወደድኩት ነዉ። ስለዚህ በፊደል ሲጻፍ ወደ ትክክለኛዉ የሚቀርበዉ ናጋ ቱማ ሳይሆን ነጋ ቱማ መሆኑን እንደገና ላስታዉህ።

ሌላዉ ትላንት ስለ አያንቱ እንደ ቀልድ (ሳርካዝም) ስላልኩት የበለጠ እንዳስብበት ኣድርገሀኛል። ኣይን፣ ኣያንቱን፣ ናሞራ ቱንጋን፣ እና ኣስትሮኖሚን በማስታወስ። ማጅክ ሳይሆን ሳይንስ ለወደፊት ኣበጥሮ ያምያወጣዉ ነዉ የሚል ግምት ኣለኝ።

DefendTheTruth,

Maybe it is missing what you have been seeing in Ethiopia's politics. However, I do not think that it is necessary to extrapolate what you have been seeing into a basic idea that neither separates a game from its rules nor predefines itself.

BTW, do you also think that ሰዲ፣ ሰዶ፣ ዘዴ፣ ሜተድ may have originated from a simple basic idea?