Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
info

ALERT! Why Amharas will be increasingly targeted in the coming days and months

Post by info » 24 Oct 2020, 09:14

This is just my personal take. You are free to disagree!
It looks to me increasingly that TPLF and other forces who are opposing PM Abiy think the strategy to unseat PM Abiy is to isolate him from his main base support i.e. Oromo and Amhara. After the Hachalu incident and since now many Oromo opposition figures are in jail, TPLF & its allies seem to think that they have already accomplished the first task of isolating PM Abiy from the Oromo and now what is left is the Amhara wing. Their strategy and next action seem to be to intensify attacks against civilian Amharas, including students etc. to create outrage among Amhara people to the point that ABN and PP Amhara are forced to abandon PM Abiy. After Abiy is isolated and left without his main support base Oromo and Amahra, his opponents think it will be very easy to unseat him.

I am sensing an increasing focus on Amhara in the coming weeks and months because the opponents of PM Abiy think that they already isolated him from Oromo and now it is the Amhara's turn to abandon him and this can only successfully achieved if enough Amhara civilians and students are targeted. That is what I think will happen in the coming weeks and months.

This also tells me that it is becoming increasingly clear that TPLF and the PM Abiy government can't co-exist side by side in the long run and a confrontation of some sort is inevitable.

I hope and wish I am wrong!

Wedi
Member+

Re: ALERT! Why Amharas will be increasingly targeted in the coming days and months

Post by Wedi » 24 Oct 2020, 09:24

Who want to support power greedy Galla Abiy Ahmed who did not try the slightest effort to stop the killings and genoide of innocent and an armed Ahmaras civilians all over the country?

What was he doing in the past 2+ years while TPLF is arming itself to its maximum? He did nothing as if he is living in paradise!!! He was building his recreational parks and his palace as if he is living as King

Galla Abiy Ahmed MUST Go sooner than latter for the safety of our country and its people!!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: ALERT! Why Amharas will be increasingly targeted in the coming days and months

Post by DefendTheTruth » 24 Oct 2020, 10:17

info wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 09:14
It looks to me increasingly that TPLF and other forces who are opposing PM Abiy think the strategy to unseat PM Abiy is to isolate him from his main base support i.e. Oromo and Amhara. After the Hachalu incident and since now many Oromo opposition figures are in jail, TPLF & its allies seem to think that they have already accomplished the first task of isolating PM Abiy from the Oromo and now what is left is the Amhara wing. Their strategy and next action seem to be to intensify attacks against civilian Amharas, including students etc. to create outrage among Amhara people to the point that ABN and PP Amhara are forced to abandon PM Abiy. After Abiy is isolated and left without his main support base Oromo and Amahra, his opponents think it will be very easy to unseat him.

I am sensing an increasing focus on Amhara in the coming weeks and months because the opponents of PM Abiy think that they already isolated him from Oromo and now it is the Amhara's turn to abandon him and this can only successfully achieved if enough Amhara civilians and students are targeted. That is what I think will happen in the coming weeks and months.

This also tells me that it is becoming increasingly clear that TPLF and the PM Abiy government can't co-exist side by side in the long run and a confrontation of some sort is inevitable.

I don't think that many Oromo abandoned the PM after some evil elements of the community orchestrated the assassination of a much beloved Oromo young singer, Hachalu Hundessa, in fact the reverse is true. As unfortunate as the lose of this young Oromo singer was, the incident also brought about an opportunity of uniting the community and isolating the rogue elements in them.

Even OLF, the main suspected culprit of the crime, opted to depart their way from the old lazy organisation and join hands with the camp of the PM and fight against the rogue elements themselves.

Places which looked much in favor of the extrimists camp in the country before the assassination of Hachalu, like Arsi, Bale, Hararghe and others, abandoned their erstwhile adherents and turned to the side of the PM, as a consequence the PM's position is on a much more solid standing right now in the Oromia region and the PM and his team can concentrate on defeating the remaining enemy of all of us, which is poverty in the whole of country.

Wedi
Member+

Post by Wedi » 24 Oct 2020, 11:06

DefendTheTruth wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 10:17
I don't think that many Oromo abandoned the PM after some evil elements of the community orchestrated the assassination of a much beloved Oromo young singer, Hachalu Hundessa,
The only Gallas supporting Abiy Ahmmed are the Jimma Gallas. That is for obvious reasons. Apart from Jimma, Galla Abiy Ahmed has absolutely ZERO support among the oromo communities!!

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 24 Oct 2020, 11:44

I agree with info to a point. Yes, sowing confusion within Amharas is the next TPLF plan. If one pays attention to their cadres social media foot print, it is no surprise to witness their effort to create discord between Amharas and Abiy. It will continue because they assume that is their last hope.
As for Abiy losing support from Oromos, I disagree. Abiy has more support in Oromia than all the extremist Oromo politicians combined have.
But TPLF as always made a serious political miscalculation calculation. Abiy and the Amhara politicians need each other. The Amhara politicians know they share common politics with Abiy than the Sebhat dynasty. Their self-belief that they will create TPLF made discord between Abiy and Amhara politicians show how ignorant they have become in their politics as times goes by. That is not going to happen.

info

Post by info » 02 Nov 2020, 18:31

PM Abiy has a no time left but must act ASAP and hunt down the masterminds of the massacre. The situation is at the verge of flipping. If he loses a significant part of Amhara and Oromo PP then they will work with TPLF and he will end up being a prey and will be hunted.

I expect a federal military operation in Tigray in a matter of days not even weeks.

TesfaNews
Member+

Post by TesfaNews » 02 Nov 2020, 18:42

Info

Abiy doesn’t need Oromo or Amhara support he stands on his own two feet by his own forces same how Derg didn’t need support from the ppl killing amharas like savages for politically gain is evil and makes no sense it’s Rwanda politics TPLF taught “Amhara your Is enemy” to thousands for decades leading to massive slaughtering dehumanizations and demonization

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 02 Nov 2020, 18:55

info wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 09:14

Great analysis, brother info. This is what people call the real prophecy!!!! I have always admired your intelligence and your ability to see things way before they even happen. Having said this, I feel really really sad for the killing of innocent Ethiopian children and women in Oromia. As you have clearly indicated, I think it is time for the federal government to go after the source of all Ethiopian miseries aka the terrorist TPLF group. Till then, I don't see any peace for the people of Ethiopia and specially the people of Amhara sadly.

RIP Innocent Ethiopians

Dedebit is always dedeb
R.I.P Abay Tigray and TPLF
Last edited by Hawzen on 02 Nov 2020, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 02 Nov 2020, 18:56

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » 02 Nov 2020, 19:06

I would say 99% of Oromo don't have access to TPLF's media to listen to the propaganda aimed at swaying PM Abiy's 50 million Oromo supporters from his side. The Oromo people know that Weyane are directly responsible for Hachalu Hundessa's cold-blooded murder and they despise any Oromo politician who sleeps with Hachalu's killers. Although Weyane have tried to isolate PM Abiy from his Oromo base by assassinating Hachalu, they have so far failed to achieve their objectives. If anything, it made Tegaru the most hated people in the eyes of the Oromo.

TPLF's plan to assassinate Esknder Nega and blaming PM Abiy for his death in order to turn the Amhara people against PM Abiy, has also failed to materialize when PM Abiy placed Eskinder in detention to protect his life and reduce ethnic tensions.