Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

ጉድ ፈላ፣ አጼ ምንልክ ነው ስባል፣ አጼ ዘርአ ያዕቆብ ሆኖ ቁጭ።

Post by DefendTheTruth » 21 Oct 2020, 16:24

ነገሮች ወዴት ወዴት ነው?

I asked last time about this issue under another thread, but no one wanted to answer.

Who incorporated current day southern Ethiopia, like the Oromia region of today, into the Ethiopian territory and brought it under the rule of the central kings/Emperors of the country?

Aren't we told multiple times that it was Emperor Menelik??

TesfaNews
Member+

Re: ጉድ ፈላ፣ አጼ ምንልክ ነው ስባል፣ አጼ ዘርአ ያዕቆብ ሆኖ ቁጭ።

Post by TesfaNews » 21 Oct 2020, 16:33

Breaking Timeline of Horn of Africa

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 21 Oct 2020, 16:36

What do you say below looted lands by Amharu during Menelik and Haileselassie proofs???

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 21 Oct 2020, 17:18

TesfaNews wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 16:33
Breaking Timeline of Horn of Africa
TesfaNews,

thanks for sharing.

It seems to me that the claim in the video I posted before and the sketch in the simulation here could conform with each other. In the video the man said, the church was founded around 13-14th century (before 700 years) and in the sketch the area under Ethiopian Empire also streched well wide into the deep south during those days, if i am not mistaken.

It may need further cross checking but the claim that Emperor Menelik conquered the south will not hold much water then, possibly, according to this video. Isn't it?

TesfaNews
Member+

Post by TesfaNews » 21 Oct 2020, 17:47

Brother Defendthetruth

I’ve read some Ethiopian history and the most southern province in the 13/14th century was Bale & Gamo during the Reign of Amdatsion/Amde Seyoun Zeila and Debarwa were raided King Amde Seyoun (Cavalry) conquered more territory then menelik his troops and horsemen reached the Somali and Eritrean coasts something unheard of in Meneliks conquests

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 22 Oct 2020, 12:44

TesfaNews wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 17:47
Brother Defendthetruth

I’ve read some Ethiopian history and the most southern province in the 13/14th century was Bale & Gamo during the Reign of Amdatsion/Amde Seyoun Zeila and Debarwa were raided King Amde Seyoun (Cavalry) conquered more territory then menelik his troops and horsemen reached the Somali and Eritrean coasts something unheard of in Meneliks conquests
A history built on a pile of falsehood will crumble in front of our own eyes one day, be it today or tomorrow. In the view of what you wrote here and the story in the previous two posts, things are just wired up too much to sustain themselves for any much longer.

It is fascinating to some degree to me.

I even wrote a poem for the monastery in the lake.

አጼ ዘረአ ያእቆብ ነበሩ የስጀመሩት
ዐጼ ሀይለ ስላሴ ነበሩ ቀጥሎ ያአስገነቡት
የወንጪውን ጨርቆስ፣
ዶር ዐብይ ዐህመድ ወስዶ ክፍ አደረጉት
የቱርስት መዳረሻ ይሆናል ወደፊት ብሎም ሰየሙት
በሩህ ተስፋም ይሆናል
ለኢትዮጵያ በእድገት ጎዳና ወደፊት መገስገስ።

Guest1

Post by Guest1 » 22 Oct 2020, 13:16

1. ከሚኒሊክ በፊት ኮንፌደሬሽን።
2. በሚኒሊክ ፌድሬይሽን። ሁሉም አውራጃ የራሱ ንጉስ ወይም መሪ ነበረው።
3. በሃይለስላሲ ቀስ በቀስ ከፊል አሃዳዊ ሆነ ማለት የተወሰኑ ጠቅላይ ግዛቶች ለምሳሌ ትግራይና አፋር በራሳቸው ንጉስና ስልጣን ይተዳደሩ ነበር ምናልባትም የጎንደርና ጎጃምም። የወለያታም ወላይታዊ ሳይሆን አይቀርም (በደርግ ጊዜ እነሲሞን ጋሎሪ)። ዝርዘር ከተገኘ እንደራሲዎችን ስም ፈልጎ ማቅረብ የበለጠ ግልጽ ያደርገዋል።
4. ከሚኒሊክ ብኋላ ስለሞናዊ የሚባለው የአማራና የኦሮሞ ንጉሶችና አዛዞች የሚያስተዳድሩት አገር ነበር (በቅርብ ጊዜ ካነበብኩት አቢሲኒያ የሚባለው ይኽው ሆኖ መገኘቱ እንደማስረጃ ይቅረብልኝ) ዘይገርም ነገር! ክክክክክ አሁን ወደኋላ ተመልሰናል ማለት ነው ክክክክክክክክክክክክክክክክክ

Guest1

Post by Guest1 » 22 Oct 2020, 13:39

አሁን ቪድዮውን ገረፍ አድርጌ ሳየው ክክክክ የትግራይን ካርታ ለማሳመን የለጠፍከው ይመስላል። ይህ ከሆነ ደግሞ ቀብሪዳሃሪን ሳትጨምር? ቀሺም ክክክክክክክክክክክክ

ለER
ምንድነው መለጠፍ አትችልም? እንዴ!!! እንደፈለግኩ! ሃሳቡ እንደመጣልኝ! ሃሳብ መገደብ? ኧራ!!! ክክክክ

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 22 Oct 2020, 18:25

Nice lake wonchi is one of the few beauty sites in today’s
Mirab Shewa zone The local folks of Wonchi giving credit to Herioc Atse Zara Yacoub and Atse Haile Selassie both Semien Shewans very nice I’m pretty sure this will anger the “The hateful Extremists” indoctrinated at Ejolie rag tag centres.

Shewas mosts Beautiful Hayq Wenchi

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 23 Oct 2020, 08:48

DefendTheTruth,

ጉዲን ፉለኤ ጄቹ ኬቲ? I didn't say good full. I am just doing my hobby of playing with the similarity of words (ጉድ፣ ጉዲ፣ good and ፈላ፣ ፉለኤ፣ full) in the three languages that I think I can speak. ጉዲ ሰዲ።

In addition to its marvelous scenery, I remember the lake for an oral story that I had heard, which sounds almost like one in the Bible.

In short, it goes that communities used to live in the area of the lakes of both Wonchi and Dandi. Two sisters used to live there, one in each area. At some point, a family in the community in the area of Lake Dandi did incest. Upon hearing the story, the sister who used to live in the area of Lake Wonchi prayed ያዋቅ አነ በራር, which roughly means ዋቀ be my saviour. The oral story goes that because of that, ዋቀ punished the communities in both areas by creating the lakes and submerging them but saved the sister who prayed by making where she used to live an island.

I am not sure if በራር and በራራ in Addis Ababa have the same origin as words. But I can't help wondering where the similarity comes from when I notice them. በራር፣ በራራ፣ በረራ sound very similar. Add to that the ancient understanding that ዋቀ lives in up high and the only way to have saved her from punishment might have been by በረራ, ያዋቅ አነ በራር makes sense.

Speaking of the similarity of words, I just can't help it. Just a few days ago, while watching TV, I saw the names Bharara and Barrett side by side and couldn't help asking why they sound alike and why they sound like በራር. These could be pure coincidences.

Also speaking of Lake Dandi, I am not sure it is as scenic as Lake Wonchi. But they are like twin lakes, similar to Lakes Abaya and Chamo near Arba Minch. If I remember correctly, there is a place in the vicinity of Bodda where you can see both lakes from the same location, which is like the location of the famous Bekele Molla Hotel in Arba Minch where you can see both lakes Abaya and Chamo. I could be wrong about the spot, whether you could see both lakes from the same spot or may have to walk a short distance to see one after seeing the other. That place is relatively remote and cold. Bodda is the actual birthplace of the late Laureate Tsegaye Ghebremedhin.
Last edited by Naga Tuma on 23 Oct 2020, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 23 Oct 2020, 09:10

Noble Amhara wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 18:25
Nice lake wonchi is one of the few beauty sites in today’s
Mirab Shewa zone The local folks of Wonchi giving credit to Herioc Atse Zara Yacoub and Atse Haile Selassie both Semien Shewans very nice I’m pretty sure this will anger the “The hateful Extremists” indoctrinated at Ejolie rag tag centres.

Shewas mosts Beautiful Hayq Wenchi
This comes from someone calling himself "Noble Amhara." Why are you so bitter?

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 23 Oct 2020, 12:52

Naga Tuma wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 08:48
DefendTheTruth,

ጉዲን ፉለኤ ጄቹ ኬቲ? I didn't say good full. I am just doing my hobby of playing with the similarity of words (ጉድ፣ ጉዲ፣ good and ፈላ፣ ፉለኤ፣ full) in the three languages that I think I can speak. ጉዲ ሰዲ።

In addition to its marvelous scenery, I remember the lake for an oral story that I had heard, which sounds almost like one in the Bible.

In short, it goes that communities used to live in the area of the lakes of both Wonchi and Dandi. Two sisters used to live there, one in each area. At some point, a family in the community in the area of Lake Dandi did incest. Upon hearing the story, the sister who used to live in the area of Lake Wonchi prayed ያዋቅ አነ በራር, which roughly means ዋቀ be my saviour. The oral story goes that because of that, ዋቀ punished the communities in both areas by creating the lakes and submerging them but saved the sister who prayed by making where she used to live an island.

I am not sure if በራር and በራራ in Addis Ababa have the same origin as words. But I can't help wondering where the similarity comes from when I notice them. በራር፣ በራራ፣ በረራ sound very similar. Add to that the ancient understanding that ዋቀ lives in up high and the only way to have saved her from punishment might have been by በረራ, ያዋቅ አነ በራር makes sense.

Speaking of the similarity of words, I just can't help it. Just a few days ago, while watching TV, I saw the names Bharara and Barrett side by side and couldn't help asking why they sound alike and why they sound like በራር. These could be pure coincidences.

Also speaking of Lake Dandi, I am not sure it is as scenic as Lake Wonchi. But they are like twin lakes, similar to Lakes Abaya and Chamo near Arba Minch. If I remember correctly, there is a place in the vicinity of Bodda where you can see both lakes from the same location, which is like the location of the famous Bekele Molla Hotel in Arba Minch where you can see both lakes Abaya and Chamo. I could be wrong about the spot, whether you could see both lakes from the same spot or may have to walk a short distance to see one after seeing the other. That place is relatively remote and cold. Bodda is the actual birthplace of the late Laureate Tsegaye Ghebremedhin.
Naga Tuma,

I don't know what a volcanologist would say about the oral story you shared with us but interesting.

I think to have heard Dr. Abey Ahmed's parliamentary address before few days and he too raised about the vicinity of these two lakes (Dandi and Wonchi). He said they are about 21 Kms apart and if we connect them then they can be a half-marathon distance from each other, possibly to make the area a long running avenue for athletes around the world, or so.

What I am sure is that of his raising the two lakes' names and said the distance between them.

What I am more fascinated about is the history that has been kept within the wumb of this tiny unsuspectable place. I heard before people talking monasteries are the storage place of Ethiopian history and this is just a minute testimony to this saying I think.

I am not a historian or even not a social science student but the field keeps me more interested everytime I come in touch with it, at least lately.

Wonchi is not a far place from the center but none of us gave it an attention before the current government proposal to develop it and the media started to get there and talk to the people on the streets.

If the people on the streets know that much then I just wonder what those more closer to the monastery (like the Monks and other religious care takers of the institution) may know.

It is not only the churches and other similar religious sites but there are many more sites where our history is being kept underneath and waiting to be digged out (caves and other similar sites which present relics of the past and distributed all over the country).

We might have been gone any time soon but our relics, provided that we have one, will be kept for much much longer, it is only because we are not trying to get to them and read into them and gain knowledge, I think.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 23 Oct 2020, 13:47

Naga Tuma,

The linked BBC article below seems to attest to your claim that Laureate Tsegaye Gebremedin was born at the locality called Bodda in Ambo or Dandi Woreda. But I think to have heard somewhere that this claim is not correct, but not sure.

There was somewhere some hoted debate about his birth place after a TV senders in Ethiopia reported around before 2 or so years and someone claimed that his true birth place is in a place called Goromti, near Ambo, specifically Gute Dagna, reportedly confirmed after talking to his family members.

Now there is, reportedly, a center established with his name finally in Ambo and there should be a good relaible reference to his biography of this great man of honor for all Ethiopians.

ለሎሬት ፀጋዬ ገብረ መድህን ኢትዮጵያዊነትና ኦሮሞነት ምንና ምን ናቸው?

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 25 Oct 2020, 03:51

DefendTheTruth wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 12:52
Naga Tuma wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 08:48
DefendTheTruth,

Naga Tuma,

I don't know what a volcanologist would say about the oral story you shared with us but interesting.

I think to have heard Dr. Abey Ahmed's parliamentary address before few days and he too raised about the vicinity of these two lakes (Dandi and Wonchi). He said they are about 21 Kms apart and if we connect them then they can be a half-marathon distance from each other, possibly to make the area a long running avenue for athletes around the world, or so.

What I am sure is that of his raising the two lakes' names and said the distance between them.

What I am more fascinated about is the history that has been kept within the wumb of this tiny unsuspectable place. I heard before people talking monasteries are the storage place of Ethiopian history and this is just a minute testimony to this saying I think.

I am not a historian or even not a social science student but the field keeps me more interested everytime I come in touch with it, at least lately.

Wonchi is not a far place from the center but none of us gave it an attention before the current government proposal to develop it and the media started to get there and talk to the people on the streets.

If the people on the streets know that much then I just wonder what those more closer to the monastery (like the Monks and other religious care takers of the institution) may know.

It is not only the churches and other similar religious sites but there are many more sites where our history is being kept underneath and waiting to be digged out (caves and other similar sites which present relics of the past and distributed all over the country).

We might have been gone any time soon but our relics, provided that we have one, will be kept for much much longer, it is only because we are not trying to get to them and read into them and gain knowledge, I think.
DefendTheTruth,

I hadn’t heard the speech or about it. Thank you for sharing.

In terms of the monasteries, I think you are thinking too much into it and blurring spiritual devotion for a long time in Ethiopia with present day’s attempt at interpretation.

I read about the birth place of the late Laureate Tsegaye Ghebremedhin in his biography, which was published a few years ago. He was raised at Gute Dagna in Goromti after his family relocated there. I am assuming that the story in the biography is accurate.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 30 Oct 2020, 15:46

Naga Tuma wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 03:51

DefendTheTruth,

I hadn’t heard the speech or about it. Thank you for sharing.

In terms of the monasteries, I think you are thinking too much into it and blurring spiritual devotion for a long time in Ethiopia with present day’s attempt at interpretation.

I read about the birth place of the late Laureate Tsegaye Ghebremedhin in his biography, which was published a few years ago. He was raised at Gute Dagna in Goromti after his family relocated there. I am assuming that the story in the biography is accurate.
Naga Tuma,

Actually I was not trying to highlight or discuss about the spiritual aspects of the Ethiopian Monasteries, when I raised about their role in preserving historical happenings in our country.

I was precisely trying to raise their role in preserving history in themselves, like a sort of a storage of history, there was no database and its technology during those days.

I came across the following video today and it reminded me about this thread once again, here the name of Emperor Fasile Des is inscribed into the items in the monastery and it also clearly makes a connection to the monastery in Wonchi. In fact this was what I was trying to bring up in my small post here (and I didn't see this vdieo before).

The Emperors were people of higher impact and their relics could be found in many more places and people can try to trace them and understand them better with respect to their contribution or other roles that they have played in history of the country.

For the remaining of us there could still be some relics left behind, even if not necessarily in the monasteries and we need just to know where to look for them, like many other caves distributed around the country and objects related to them, provided we have left a relic behind in the first place.

The object I am talking about is at around the end of the video, after the 30th min. or so.