Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Post Reply
Afdeyu
Member
Posts: 359
Joined: 03 Nov 2019, 10:16

Asseb: how Issu & Abiy can show Woyane is irrelevant?

Post by Afdeyu » 17 Oct 2020, 21:06

Open the Burre border and let Ethiopia use the asseb port and the free trade zone.
Leave the border with woyaneland closed for now which is the request of king Abiy to tame woyane... understood, but leaving the asseb port closed just validates the non existent threat from Tplf.
The other benefit of this move would be to invalidate the claim of no dividend of peace and the claim of nothing changed between the two countries argument
The PR benefit for the Nobel winner king would be great to tell his subjects asseb is open for them (election PR stunt)...huge campaign point for prosperity party... :idea:

tarik
Senior Member
Posts: 19025
Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 13:04

Re: Asseb: how Issu & Abiy can show Woyane is irrelevant?

Post by tarik » 17 Oct 2020, 21:16

Afdeyu wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 21:06
Open the Burre border and let Ethiopia use the asseb port and the free trade zone.
Leave the border with woyaneland closed for now which is the request of king Abiy to tame woyane... understood, but leaving the asseb port closed just validates the non existent threat from Tplf.
The other benefit of this move would be to invalidate the claim of no dividend of peace and the claim of nothing changed between the two countries argument
The PR benefit for the Nobel winner king would be great to tell his subjects asseb is open for them (election PR stunt)...huge campaign point for prosperity party... :idea:
afdeyu aka awash: how about u take ur filthy useless ethiopian troops out of Eritrean land BADME & ALIETENA. Assab will never be opened mr. sneaky evil agame. Nice try. Assab over my dead body.

Afdeyu
Member
Posts: 359
Joined: 03 Nov 2019, 10:16

Re: Asseb: how Issu & Abiy can show Woyane is irrelevant?

Post by Afdeyu » 18 Oct 2020, 10:29

Tariq
This’s a little complicated subject for you to grasp, a great PR for the young king to show he’s in control of the failing country and helps him to claim the dividends of peace to his subjects...

tarik
Senior Member
Posts: 19025
Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 13:04

Re: Asseb: how Issu & Abiy can show Woyane is irrelevant?

Post by tarik » 18 Oct 2020, 10:45

Afdeyu wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 10:29
Tariq
This’s a little complicated subject for you to grasp, a great PR for the young king to show he’s in control of the failing country and helps him to claim the dividends of peace to his subjects...
It's called a soft control of our port assab. U already stole Badme and Alitena and now u want 2 steal assab Port peacefully. Nice try agame boy, that would be z day we PURE BLOOD Eritreans Will assassinate Galla Abiy and agame isias both in z same day.
Last edited by tarik on 18 Oct 2020, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

Abere
Member
Posts: 973
Joined: 18 Jul 2019, 20:52

Re: Asseb: how Issu & Abiy can show Woyane is irrelevant?

Post by Abere » 18 Oct 2020, 11:02

Tariq,

You are almost completing your life journey being a refugee somewhere in the Western world, may be in America, when are you gonna turn Assab into currency in your life and reap its fruit ? I am not a fan of Abiy Ahmed, but you seem to me from the woyane land. Don't jump up and down, Assab is nothing ( it is like salt rock) unless it is put into use. ትንሽ አሻሮ ይዞ ከቆሎ መጠጋት ከእርሃብ ያድናል።

Selam/
Member
Posts: 4041
Joined: 04 Aug 2018, 13:15

Re: Asseb: how Issu & Abiy can show Woyane is irrelevant?

Post by Selam/ » 18 Oct 2020, 15:37

That’s happening
Afdeyu wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 21:06
Open the Burre border and let Ethiopia use the asseb port and the free trade zone.
Leave the border with woyaneland closed for now which is the request of king Abiy to tame woyane... understood, but leaving the asseb port closed just validates the non existent threat from Tplf.
The other benefit of this move would be to invalidate the claim of no dividend of peace and the claim of nothing changed between the two countries argument
The PR benefit for the Nobel winner king would be great to tell his subjects asseb is open for them (election PR stunt)...huge campaign point for prosperity party... :idea:

Afdeyu
Member
Posts: 359
Joined: 03 Nov 2019, 10:16

Re: Asseb: how Issu & Abiy can show Woyane is irrelevant?

Post by Afdeyu » 18 Oct 2020, 21:12

This is one of those low hanging fruits that will benefit the young King Abiy hugely politically speaking, even if the volume of the materials imported/exported through Asseb will be small for the first year or so... the symbolism will be Huge ...
I want Trump to win the election in the USA, but flew to south Florida on vacation last week and driving around surprised me to see a lot of Biden signs and losing Florida is losing the presidency for Trump, this was vacation originally planned to be at the Eritrean Red Sea but cancelled due to Corona... having said that Abiy and Issu should open the Bure border soon, if Biden is to win... opening the Burre border will send strong message to the incoming new administration that Eritrea & Ethiopia are at peace and the new reality at the ground will force the democrats to come to their senses and abandon their failed horn African policy of Obama...

Sesenayu

Afdeyu
Member
Posts: 359
Joined: 03 Nov 2019, 10:16

Re: Asseb: how Issu & Abiy can show Woyane is irrelevant?

Post by Afdeyu » 18 Oct 2020, 21:32

Tariq,
You don’t make sense, in your twisted way of thinking with what you said would mean Ethiopia “soft control” Djibouti. Eritrea and Ethiopia are two sovereign countries no soft or hard control needed that has been tried the last 50 years and failed miserably.
tarik wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 10:45
Afdeyu wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 10:29
Tariq
This’s a little complicated subject for you to grasp, a great PR for the young king to show he’s in control of the failing country and helps him to claim the dividends of peace to his subjects...
It's called a soft control of our port assab. U already stole Badme and Alitena and now u want 2 steal assab Port peacefully. Nice try agame boy, that would be z day we PURE BLOOD Eritreans Will assassinate Galla Abiy and agame isias both in z same day.

Post Reply