Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

ና ና በናትሕ፣ ና ና ና በናትህ፣

Post by DefendTheTruth » 11 Oct 2020, 14:25

ና ና በናትሕ፣ ና ና ና በናትሕ ፣ በናትሕ ፣

I just break out into laughter after watching how the journalist was caught up in a massive panic while riding on the horse's back.

At the same time I also learned something new today from the short video clip.

If it was Emperor Menelik II, who expanded the current Ethiopian territory to the south that Wonchi is a part, as we are told by many politicians of today, then how come Emperor Fasile Das (of Gonder ?) founded the church on the tiny island of the crater lake of Wonchi, in current day West Shawa Zone of Oromia region?

Is the resident of the area talking to the Fana reporter making it up?

I found it very interesting, hope someone could enlighten me about the story here.

Noble Amhara

Re: ና ና በናትሕ፣ ና ና ና በናትህ፣

Post by Noble Amhara » 11 Oct 2020, 14:35

Shewa has been the center and strong hold of abysinnia/Ethiopia which spans to Hayq Ziway the great/grandfather of Emperor Fasilides lived in west shoa for a short period of time but due to instability and crisis he relocated his power to Gondar for refuge forming the Gondarine Dynasty which originated from the South:Shoa

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 11 Oct 2020, 15:00

Noble Amhara wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 14:35
Shewa has been the center and strong hold of abysinnia/Ethiopia which spans to Hayq Ziway the great/grandfather of Emperor Fasilides lived in west shoa for a short period of time but due to instability and crisis he relocated his power to Gondar for refuge forming the Gondarine Dynasty which originated from the South:Shoa
Hayiq Zeway is in East Shawa Zone of Oromia region and Wonchi is in West Shawa Zone of the same region. Anyhow you have not answered my question, I am really interested in knowing the true story here.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 30 Oct 2020, 17:09

The more I watch videos of this place (Wonchi), the more I can't wait any more to get there and have a small mansion (just 2m x 2m) to spend a few weeks over there.

Gorgora seems also to be beautiful but sort of warm climate, I think.

Incidentally, the monastery in Wonchi and the town of Gorgora were both founded before around 700 years, and now both are to enter into a new chapter of their existence .

And here is Koisha, with its dense vegetation that is typical of southern Ethiopia, I am not sure if it anyway less than the majesty of The Amazonas of South America.