Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

TGAA
Member+

Re: HISTORIC PHOTO: remember the "Beja Boy" post-card of Ethiopian tourism during Haile & Derg eras? Here he is today.

Post by TGAA » 20 Sep 2020, 01:34

The reason why you are unrepentant tribalist pi!..mp is that
you pull out your tribal sh..it underr every stone. So Almaz is a daughter of Amensisa do we care no what we know is that she is an Ethipian beauty just as any other. What mucous full of brain sits on your hunched shoulder?

Eripoblikan

Re: HISTORIC PHOTO: remember the "Beja Boy" post-card of Ethiopian tourism during Haile & Derg eras? Here he is today.

Post by Eripoblikan » 20 Sep 2020, 02:06

Hello yaballo and Ayamaru44

Beja are a Cushitic tribe that straddle south-east Egypt, north-east Sudan and north-west Eritrea. In Eritrea, they are called Hidareb.

Beni-Amer is the former ruling class of a confederation of tribes in north-east Sudan and north-west Eritrea. These tribes are Tigre, Beja, Nara, Tigrinya, Bilen, Rashaida and possibly others. Anyone from these tribes could be a Beni-Amer if he is a member of the ruling class.

The Tigre themselves are a confederation of diverse clans sharing the same Tigrayit language. Mind you Tigrayit is not the same as the Tigrinya language spoken in Eritrea and Tigray but very similar.

Bilen is another Cushtic tribe like Beja, Saho, Afar, Oromo, Somali, Sidama and a lot others in the Horn of Africa.

P.S. I am an Eritrean researcher in Horn of Africa history, linguistics and politics.
Ayamaru44 wrote:
19 Sep 2020, 23:43
Yabello
Is Ben Amer Beja?
yaballo wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 01:08
It is better if our Eri & Tigraway friends explained that. However, I gather that the Beja (also known as "Tigre" in Eritrea & parts of eastern Sudan), is the overarching & collective name of ethnically & linguistically related tribes that include the Ben Amir.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 20 Sep 2020, 13:57

yaballo wrote:
20 Sep 2020, 01:08
Ayamaru44 wrote:
19 Sep 2020, 23:43
Yabello
Is Ben Amer Beja?
Aymaru,

It is better if our Eri & Tigraway friends explained that. However, I gather that the Beja (also known as "Tigre" in Eritrea & parts of eastern Sudan), is the overarching & collective name of ethnically & linguistically related tribes that include the Ben Amir.

Or, putting it in a different way, the Beja - whose homeland include the south-eastern deserts of Egypt bordering on the Red Sea, eastern Sudan & western Eritrea - are sub-devided into major "clans" named: 1) the Ben Amir, 2) the Hedareb, 3) the Bishran, 4) the Hadendawa, 5) Amarar, 6) Hallenga, 7) Habab, 8) Belin [Bilen?] (not sure if the Bilen are Beja? though wiki ref. says so. I think the Bilen are an off-shoot of the Agew/Qimant.), etc.

"The Bejas are divided into clans. These lineages include the Bisharin, Hedareb, Hadendowa (or Hadendoa), the Amarar (or Amar'ar), Beni-Amer, Hallenga , Habab , Belin and Hamran, some of whom are partly mixed with Bedouins in the east. ..

The Beja people (Beja: Oobja, Arabic: البجا‎, Tigre: በጃ) are an ethnic Cushitic people inhabiting Sudan, Egypt, and Eritrea. In recent history, they have lived primarily in the Eastern Desert. They number around 1,237,000 people.[1] The majority of Beja people speak the Beja language as a mother tongue, which belongs to the Cushitic branch of the Afro-Asiatic family. In Eritrea and southeastern Sudan, many members of the Beni Amer grouping speak Tigre. While many secondary sources identify the Ababda as an Arabic-speaking Beja tribe due to their cultural links with the Bishaari, this is a misconception: The Ababda do not consider themselves Beja, nor are they so considered by other Beja peoples.[2] ..."
SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beja_people

PHOTO: Mrs. Zeinab Badawi - a major BBC World Service - news presenter & also the host of BBC's "hardtalk" program is the most famous ethnic Beja who hailed from the Sudan.

PHOTOS: THE BEJA PEOPLE ...

MAP: BEJA'S HOMELAND IN EASTERN EGYPT, EASTERN SUDAN & WESTERN ERITREA [SHADED IN PINK].

Greetings yaballo,

Brother eripoblican described it eloquently. But to add,

I am happy to see the brother from the beni-Amr clan an offshoot of the large beja that he is still alive and kicking assuming that the story is authentic and his life was spared when sillassie troops along with the eri commandis idiots were burning eritrean villages mostly in lowland eritrea.

Ironically, I still see when I visit astobia, his picture being portrayed in big restaurants and hotels.

He is an eritrean and we are long gone.

Why....why...why?

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 20 Sep 2020, 23:28

you are not worth of his shoe string ! let alone his gold pen! Speck of Dust.