Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Naga Tuma
Member+

Any state of the art experts of automated processes on this forum?

Post by Naga Tuma » 17 Sep 2020, 17:59

It was a long time ago that I took my first computer science course as a required course for another discipline. It was fascinating to understand how much computer science made computation so powerful.

Today, that realization sounds ages ago when we realize, even as nonexperts of computer science, how much the computing power of that science has come.

Now, I am wondering how far the art of automated processes has come, particularly if they can be altered in realtime. In other words, suppose there is an automated process of doing 100 tasks sequentially. What I have been wondering is if the state of art has reached a point where any of those tasks in the sequence of tasks can be altered in realtime by overriding the coding of the automated process.

I understand that this question may sound very simple to the experts. Maybe it is very simple. Its implication may be very huge because it potentially creates a wilderness of assuming an automated process when that automated process can be overridden in realtime subjectively.

So, is there any state of the art expert on this forum who can shed light on the state of the art of automated processes and its potential alteration in realtime?

Naga Tuma
Member+

Re: Any state of the art experts of automated processes on this forum?

Post by Naga Tuma » 17 Dec 2022, 03:12

I may have seen a clue about this curiosity while working at an automated process station. Without any manual input from me yesterday, December 16, 2022, part of the automated process got turned on, multiple times. It looked what some would call creepy. I laughed it off and continued working by manually overriding the prompt that got turned on without my action at the automated station.

Moments later, a member of management team stopped by for a task reassignment. As soon as he arrived, I joked that it wasn’t him who was playing with the station remotely. He didn’t get it at first. I explained to him what happened. He quickly got aggressive and defensive. I calmly asked him if he can report what I told him happened.

He was either offended much by my joke or didn’t want to answer my question and went away. Normally, one would expect that a member of the management team would be interested to find out if such kinds of happenstances are glitches in the system that need fixing.

I have been asking myself since then if this is a clue that answers my curiosity about the state of art of technology regarding realtime intervention remotely.