Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
justo
Member
Posts: 2642
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by justo » 05 Sep 2020, 11:08

I thought the Amharas were the back-bone of Ethiopian unity. But despite the noble efforts of people like Seyoum Teshome and until lately Berhanu Nega, including ABN's exemplary restraint in criticising Abiy, some Amhara activists like the Ethiopian 360 crowd, Meskerem Abera, shujshukta, and-afta, Mereja-Tv, etc etc and other crazy people here seem to be hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia.

Guys, Abiy is your last chance! You better pray he succeeds in promoting his all-Ethiopian agenda, and I mean all-Ethiopian in spirit and letter, including the Oromo peasants living around Addis Abeba.

Try to learn few things from Seyoum Teshome. He seems to be the only who knows what he is talking about.

Wedi
Member
Posts: 1328
Joined: 29 Jan 2020, 21:44

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by Wedi » 05 Sep 2020, 11:11

justo wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 11:08
Try to learn few things from Seyoum Teshome. He seems to be the only who knows what he is talking about.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


free-tembien
Member
Posts: 960
Joined: 02 Jul 2015, 20:56

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by free-tembien » 05 Sep 2020, 11:17

justo wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 11:08
I thought the Amharas were the back-bone of Ethiopian unity. But despite the noble efforts of people like Seyoum Teshome and until lately Berhanu Nega, including ABN's exemplary restraint in criticising Abiy, some Amhara activists like the Ethiopian 360 crowd, Meskerem Abera, shujshukta, and-afta, Mereja-Tv, etc etc and other crazy people here seem to be hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia.

Guys, Abiy is your last chance! You better pray he succeeds in promoting his all-Ethiopian agenda, and I mean all-Ethiopian in spirit and letter, including the Oromo peasants living around Addis Abeba.

Try to learn few things from Seyoum Teshome. He seems to be the only who knows what he is talking about.
why are you singling out one ethnic group out of 80? how do you know all these people are amhara? how do you know the ethicity of those who are behind andafta, shukshukta et al? doesn’t that show your bias against amharas? how can any amhara listen to the likes of you who are extremely biased against amhara? if your statement was framed like “why some ethiopians do this or that” then i could have listened and discussed but such a blind bias towards one ethnic group is offensive.

justo
Member
Posts: 2642
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by justo » 05 Sep 2020, 11:23

free-tembien wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 11:17
justo wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 11:08
I thought the Amharas were the back-bone of Ethiopian unity. But despite the noble efforts of people like Seyoum Teshome and until lately Berhanu Nega, including ABN's exemplary restraint in criticising Abiy, some Amhara activists like the Ethiopian 360 crowd, Meskerem Abera, shujshukta, and-afta, Mereja-Tv, etc etc and other crazy people here seem to be hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia.

Guys, Abiy is your last chance! You better pray he succeeds in promoting his all-Ethiopian agenda, and I mean all-Ethiopian in spirit and letter, including the Oromo peasants living around Addis Abeba.

Try to learn few things from Seyoum Teshome. He seems to be the only who knows what he is talking about.
why are you singling out one ethnic group out of 80? how do you know all these people are amhara? how do you know the ethicity of those who are behind andafta, shukshukta et al? doesn’t that show your bias against amharas? how can any amhara listen to the likes of you who are extremely biased against amhara? if your statement was framed like “why some ethiopians do this or that” then i could have listened and discussed but such a blind bias towards one ethnic group is offensive.
You're right, and I apologise for that.

I don't know the ethnicity of the actors involved. But it is not difficult to know the camps they belong to.
I don't know whether the ABN leaders are Amhara or not, but they speak in the name of Amhara, nor do I know the ethnicity of Meskerem Abera, but she advocates Amhara interests, so I assumed they are Amhara but I could be wrong.
I don't know for that matter if Shimelis Abdissa and Takele Uma are Oromos, I assume things based on their profiles, so it could be prejudice on may part. But I want to see Ethiopia succeed, and I assume, may be wrongly, that the Amharas are the key element here

AbebeB
Member+
Posts: 5665
Joined: 15 Oct 2016, 10:31

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by AbebeB » 05 Sep 2020, 11:39

justo wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 11:08
I thought the Amharas were the back-bone of Ethiopian unity. But despite the noble efforts of people like Seyoum Teshome and until lately Berhanu Nega, including ABN's exemplary restraint in criticising Abiy, some Amhara activists like the Ethiopian 360 crowd, Meskerem Abera, shujshukta, and-afta, Mereja-Tv, etc etc and other crazy people here seem to be hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia.

Guys, Abiy is your last chance! You better pray he succeeds in promoting his all-Ethiopian agenda, and I mean all-Ethiopian in spirit and letter, including the Oromo peasants living around Addis Abeba.

Try to learn few things from Seyoum Teshome. He seems to be the only who knows what he is talking about.
ሰው ቁጠር ሲባል፣ ድብተራው ቂስ ባህረ አንዱ ነው አለ ይባላል፡፡ ስዩም ተሸመ እኮ ወሬ እንጂ ማስተማር አይችልም ተብሎ ከኦሮሚያ ዩኒቨርሲቲ የተባረረ ግለሰብ ነው፡፡

Aurorae
Member
Posts: 635
Joined: 10 Nov 2019, 02:21

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by Aurorae » 05 Sep 2020, 12:01

Justo,

Amharas for the most part are unitarists. Eritrea is not spared either. They are hell bent to reverse Eritrean independence. Abbiy and Isayas love the kind of control the amhara governments had in the past. Hence, both are anti Ethnic federalism in Ethiopia. Guys like Andargachew and Berhanu Nega who were entertained by Isayas himself are anti Eritrea. Andargachew is on a mission to go to war with Eritrea one more time again. :evil: :lol: As far as I am concerned, Abbiy will be a problem for Eritrea in the long run if he survives. Get this to your head, When he is talking about Ethio wild kingdom using old Ethiopian map, what does that had to do with the fish in the RedSea ? BTW, Eritrea is not Ethiopia, and Abbiy is not Isayas. I don't believe he will succeed. Before Ethnic federalism is reversed, Ethiopia will be transformed into the ISSIS kingdom. But, it won't go that far. The little man will come to his senses. :lol: :lol:

justo
Member
Posts: 2642
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by justo » 05 Sep 2020, 12:18

Aurorae wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 12:01
Justo,

Amharas for the most part are unitarists. Eritrea is not spared either. They are hell bent to reverse Eritrean independence. Abbiy and Isayas love the kind of control the amhara governments had in the past. Hence, both are anti Ethnic federalism in Ethiopia. Guys like Andargachew and Berhanu Nega who were entertained by Isayas himself are anti Eritrea. Andargachew is on a mission to go to war with Eritrea one more time again. :evil: :lol: As far as I am concerned, Abbiy will be a problem for Eritrea in the long run if he survives. Get this to your head, When he is talking about Ethio wild kingdom using old Ethiopian map, what does that had to do with the fish in the RedSea ? BTW, Eritrea is not Ethiopia, and Abbiy is not Isayas. I don't believe he will succeed. Before Ethnic federalism is reversed, Ethiopia will be transformed into the ISSIS kingdom. But, it won't go that far. The little man will come to his senses. :lol: :lol:
Aurorae
Eritrea's independence is irreversible. It doesn't matter what Abiy says, or what Abiy does or what Abiy plans, it is a done deal and irreversible. Every Eritrean knows the sentiments of tegarus and amharus as far as Eritrea is concerned, no Eritrean is being fooled by anybody, including Andargachew Tsige, Sebhat Nega or Berhanu Nega.

Isaias said in Addis that we are the same people, the tegaru tell us we are the same people, Abiy tells us we are the same people, but Eritreans pay a deaf ear to all these. We are not interested in brotherhood, only in neighbourhood. We don't want to define our relationship with Ethiopia on the basis of kinship, only on the basis of detached mutual good-will.

Temt
Member
Posts: 2781
Joined: 04 Jun 2013, 22:23

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by Temt » 05 Sep 2020, 13:10

justo wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 12:18
Aurorae wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 12:01
Justo,

Amharas for the most part are unitarists. Eritrea is not spared either. They are hell bent to reverse Eritrean independence. Abbiy and Isayas love the kind of control the amhara governments had in the past. Hence, both are anti Ethnic federalism in Ethiopia. Guys like Andargachew and Berhanu Nega who were entertained by Isayas himself are anti Eritrea. Andargachew is on a mission to go to war with Eritrea one more time again. :evil: :lol: As far as I am concerned, Abbiy will be a problem for Eritrea in the long run if he survives. Get this to your head, When he is talking about Ethio wild kingdom using old Ethiopian map, what does that had to do with the fish in the RedSea ? BTW, Eritrea is not Ethiopia, and Abbiy is not Isayas. I don't believe he will succeed. Before Ethnic federalism is reversed, Ethiopia will be transformed into the ISSIS kingdom. But, it won't go that far. The little man will come to his senses. :lol: :lol:
Aurorae
Eritrea's independence is irreversible. It doesn't matter what Abiy says, or what Abiy does or what Abiy plans, it is a done deal and irreversible. Every Eritrean knows the sentiments of tegarus and amharus as far as Eritrea is concerned, no Eritrean is being fooled by anybody, including Andargachew Tsige, Sebhat Nega or Berhanu Nega.

Isaias said in Addis that we are the same people, the tegaru tell us we are the same people, Abiy tells us we are the same people, but Eritreans pay a deaf ear to all these. We are not interested in brotherhood, only in neighbourhood. We don't want to define our relationship with Ethiopia on the basis of kinship, only on the basis of detached mutual good-will.
Brother Justo, what Isaias meant was "One people, two countries", and there is nothing wrong with that phrase. I don't think we have to go that far in history to determine the Sudanese, Somalis, Ethiopia, and Eritrea are one people but different nations. Add to that the cultural, linguistic, and traditional affinities we have with Ethiopia, then what PIA stated makes it correct. However, I agree with you and the majority of Eritreans that our political identity, national sovereignty and its territorial integrity remain Eritrean and Eritrean only.

tlel
Member
Posts: 1559
Joined: 28 Dec 2019, 14:24

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by tlel » 05 Sep 2020, 13:47

justo wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 11:08
I thought the Amharas were the back-bone of Ethiopian unity. But despite the noble efforts of people like Seyoum Teshome and until lately Berhanu Nega, including ABN's exemplary restraint in criticising Abiy, some Amhara activists like the Ethiopian 360 crowd, Meskerem Abera, shujshukta, and-afta, Mereja-Tv, etc etc and other crazy people here seem to be hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia.

Guys, Abiy is your last chance! You better pray he succeeds in promoting his all-Ethiopian agenda, and I mean all-Ethiopian in spirit and letter, including the Oromo peasants living around Addis Abeba.

Try to learn few things from Seyoum Teshome. He seems to be the only who knows what he is talking about.
There is foreign elements within Amara too. Enemies don't wait until you are organized they act quickly. Just like Shabia, Tplf and Olf were promised, certain gullible Amaras are being brainwashed just like tplf, shabia, olf. Debub, forget it, they are easy to disintegrate as there are many ethnics. I agree with you. These people must be asked, what are your choice other than Dr Aby? Have they set up another leadership if they oppose Dr Aby? For years, most Ethiopians were opposing Tplf without setting up alternative. Still many would not have died in transitions of today's government if there was alternative. The chance for 1995 election time was more realisitic as Kinijit beat Tplf that Kinijit wich was what we need for one Ethiopia but under regional federal states but NOT ethnicity. Today, they have no alternative for who the leadership is. The best is to support dr aby even though under his leadership it is not perfect but it is up to the people to push this government to reform the constituion that is anti Ethiopia. Therefore these groups may not be working for Ethiopia but for one ethnicity jus tlike tplf and olf. They are probably being tricked by the likes of Lidetu Ayalew as he is the insider of Tplf tricking them, by opposing dr Aby, maybe Tplf promised them just like they promise to Olf to take power. that is the only reason why they are opposing dr Aby.

tlel
Member
Posts: 1559
Joined: 28 Dec 2019, 14:24

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by tlel » 05 Sep 2020, 14:04

Aurorae wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 12:01
Justo,

Amharas for the most part are unitarists. Eritrea is not spared either. They are hell bent to reverse Eritrean independence. Abbiy and Isayas love the kind of control the amhara governments had in the past. Hence, both are anti Ethnic federalism in Ethiopia. Guys like Andargachew and Berhanu Nega who were entertained by Isayas himself are anti Eritrea. Andargachew is on a mission to go to war with Eritrea one more time again. :evil: :lol: As far as I am concerned, Abbiy will be a problem for Eritrea in the long run if he survives. Get this to your head, When he is talking about Ethio wild kingdom using old Ethiopian map, what does that had to do with the fish in the RedSea ? BTW, Eritrea is not Ethiopia, and Abbiy is not Isayas. I don't believe he will succeed. Before Ethnic federalism is reversed, Ethiopia will be transformed into the ISSIS kingdom. But, it won't go that far. The little man will come to his senses. :lol: :lol:
So, for a long time you were supporting dr Aby and it seems like once again the so called Shabians /Eritreans prove that NOT so. I believe you have reconciled with your cousin Tplf man Sebhat Nega, not that you ever are anti Tplf the maker and shaker of Tplf is Shabia. What you said above is prove enough your promotion of anti Ethiopia agenda and pro ethnic fanatic in order to control Ethiopia forever. We know you have been faking for a long time.

justo
Member
Posts: 2642
Joined: 05 May 2013, 17:54

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by justo » 05 Sep 2020, 14:08

Temt wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 13:10
justo wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 12:18
Aurorae wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 12:01
Justo,

Amharas for the most part are unitarists. Eritrea is not spared either. They are hell bent to reverse Eritrean independence. Abbiy and Isayas love the kind of control the amhara governments had in the past. Hence, both are anti Ethnic federalism in Ethiopia. Guys like Andargachew and Berhanu Nega who were entertained by Isayas himself are anti Eritrea. Andargachew is on a mission to go to war with Eritrea one more time again. :evil: :lol: As far as I am concerned, Abbiy will be a problem for Eritrea in the long run if he survives. Get this to your head, When he is talking about Ethio wild kingdom using old Ethiopian map, what does that had to do with the fish in the RedSea ? BTW, Eritrea is not Ethiopia, and Abbiy is not Isayas. I don't believe he will succeed. Before Ethnic federalism is reversed, Ethiopia will be transformed into the ISSIS kingdom. But, it won't go that far. The little man will come to his senses. :lol: :lol:
Aurorae
Eritrea's independence is irreversible. It doesn't matter what Abiy says, or what Abiy does or what Abiy plans, it is a done deal and irreversible. Every Eritrean knows the sentiments of tegarus and amharus as far as Eritrea is concerned, no Eritrean is being fooled by anybody, including Andargachew Tsige, Sebhat Nega or Berhanu Nega.

Isaias said in Addis that we are the same people, the tegaru tell us we are the same people, Abiy tells us we are the same people, but Eritreans pay a deaf ear to all these. We are not interested in brotherhood, only in neighbourhood. We don't want to define our relationship with Ethiopia on the basis of kinship, only on the basis of detached mutual good-will.
Brother Justo, what Isaias meant was "One people, two countries", and there is nothing wrong with that phrase. I don't think we have to go that far in history to determine the Sudanese, Somalis, Ethiopia, and Eritrea are one people but different nations. Add to that the cultural, linguistic, and traditional affinities we have with Ethiopia, then what PIA stated makes it correct. However, I agree with you and the majority of Eritreans that our political identity, national sovereignty and its territorial integrity remain Eritrean and Eritrean only.
Absolutely, I never meant to imply otherwise. But knowing the sentiments in Ethiopia, we should frame our relationships with them in strictly legal terms and not like 3rd world and Arab countries in terms of kinship.

I never hear the European countries, although ethnically the same, or the Latin American countries, even more close ethnically, describing themselves that way, you hear such things mostly among Arab and African nations.

DefendTheTruth
Member
Posts: 3677
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 16:32

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by DefendTheTruth » 05 Sep 2020, 14:39

My Eritrean brothers, okay brother is a problem according to some of the content of this thread, then friends,

It is not my business to decide on or even comment on the will of the Eritrean people but still wounder just to know what could be wrong if we say we like you, we don't like to let you go, because we consider you our part?

If we got united then we will get, granted, stronger than we are on ourselves individually. ድር ስያብር አንበሳ ያስር። goes a saying in Amharic.

The union should be based on a mutual benefit and mutual respect, not on one side taken advantage of, subjugated or made disadvantaged.

If we are united, then you can drink our coffee as yours and we can use your port as ours, what is wrong with that? I am just trying to understand your logic.

We have a shared history and I tend to believe that we will going to have the same (shared) destiny as well. The current world order requires to be strong to remain competitive.

It is not my business to discuss but that doesn't (necessarily) mean it doesn't concern me (because of the shared history and destiny), just to make myself more clear here.

Aurorae
Member
Posts: 635
Joined: 10 Nov 2019, 02:21

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by Aurorae » 05 Sep 2020, 15:05

Justo and Temt wrote,
Temt wrote: ↑Today, 12:10
justo wrote: ↑Today, 11:18
Aurorae wrote: ↑Today, 11:01
Justo,

Amharas for the most part are unitarists. Eritrea is not spared either. They are hell bent to reverse Eritrean independence. Abbiy and Isayas love the kind of control the amhara governments had in the past. Hence, both are anti Ethnic federalism in Ethiopia. Guys like Andargachew and Berhanu Nega who were entertained by Isayas himself are anti Eritrea. Andargachew is on a mission to go to war with Eritrea one more time again. :evil: :lol: As far as I am concerned, Abbiy will be a problem for Eritrea in the long run if he survives. Get this to your head, When he is talking about Ethio wild kingdom using old Ethiopian map, what does that had to do with the fish in the RedSea ? BTW, Eritrea is not Ethiopia, and Abbiy is not Isayas. I don't believe he will succeed. Before Ethnic federalism is reversed, Ethiopia will be transformed into the ISSIS kingdom. But, it won't go that far. The little man will come to his senses. :lol: :lol:
Aurorae
Eritrea's independence is irreversible. It doesn't matter what Abiy says, or what Abiy does or what Abiy plans, it is a done deal and irreversible. Every Eritrean knows the sentiments of tegarus and amharus as far as Eritrea is concerned, no Eritrean is being fooled by anybody, including Andargachew Tsige, Sebhat Nega or Berhanu Nega.

Isaias said in Addis that we are the same people, the tegaru tell us we are the same people, Abiy tells us we are the same people, but Eritreans pay a deaf ear to all these. We are not interested in brotherhood, only in neighbourhood. We don't want to define our relationship with Ethiopia on the basis of kinship, only on the basis of detached mutual good-will.
Brother Justo, what Isaias meant was "One people, two countries", and there is nothing wrong with that phrase. I don't think we have to go that far in history to determine the Sudanese, Somalis, Ethiopia, and Eritrea are one people but different nations. Add to that the cultural, linguistic, and traditional affinities we have with Ethiopia, then what PIA stated makes it correct. However, I agree with you and the majority of Eritreans that our political identity, national sovereignty and its territorial integrity remain Eritrean and Eritrean only.
Absolutely, I never meant to imply otherwise. But knowing the sentiments in Ethiopia, we should frame our relationships with them in strictly legal terms and not like 3rd world and Arab countries in terms of kinship.

I never hear the European countries, although ethnically the same, or the Latin American countries, even more close ethnically, describing themselves that way, you hear such things mostly among Arab and African nations.
Justo and Temt, I like what you wrote today. I thought you were sell out's. Just kidding. :lol:

Asmara
Member
Posts: 805
Joined: 24 May 2007, 05:09

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by Asmara » 05 Sep 2020, 16:12

DefendTheTruth wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 14:39
My Eritrean brothers, okay brother is a problem according to some of the content of this thread, then friends,

It is not my business to decide on or even comment on the will of the Eritrean people but still wounder just to know what could be wrong if we say we like you, we don't like to let you go, because we consider you our part?

If we got united then we will get, granted, stronger than we are on ourselves individually. ድር ስያብር አንበሳ ያስር። goes a saying in Amharic.

The union should be based on a mutual benefit and mutual respect, not on one side taken advantage of, subjugated or made disadvantaged.

If we are united, then you can drink our coffee as yours and we can use your port as ours, what is wrong with that? I am just trying to understand your logic.

We have a shared history and I tend to believe that we will going to have the same (shared) destiny as well. The current world order requires to be strong to remain competitive.

It is not my business to discuss but that doesn't (necessarily) mean it doesn't concern me (because of the shared history and destiny), just to make myself more clear here.
Before I answer your question I would like to ask you this:
Let's say you ask the same question to Somalis..."If we got united then we will get, granted, stronger than we are on ourselves individually.
....If we are united, then you can drink our coffee as yours and we can use your port as ours, what is wrong with that? I am just trying to understand your logic."
What would Somalis say to you?

Now to answer your question...

Eritrea has never been part of Ethiopia. I don't need to lecture you history how Eritrea changed hands between Italy, British and finally fell at the hands of Haile Selalsie. Subsequently, We paid dearly to reverse this injustice and finally thanks to EPLF we got our independence. If we were willing to unite with Ethiopia we wouldn't have sacrificed tens of thousands of our compatriots. Keep your coffee and we keep our country and its ports. You will never find a single Eritrean who would entertain unity with mama Ethiopia. Lets live in peace as good neighbours.
I hope now you understand where we are coming from and appreciate our psyche at the same time.

tlel
Member
Posts: 1559
Joined: 28 Dec 2019, 14:24

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by tlel » 05 Sep 2020, 16:35

I have high suspicion cow towing to ethnic fanatics such as Liberation Fronts means, the pretending moderate of ethnic fanatics such as Defend The Truth =Sun?

DefendTheTruth
Member
Posts: 3677
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 16:32

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by DefendTheTruth » 05 Sep 2020, 16:48

Asmara wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 16:12
DefendTheTruth wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 14:39
My Eritrean brothers, okay brother is a problem according to some of the content of this thread, then friends,

It is not my business to decide on or even comment on the will of the Eritrean people but still wounder just to know what could be wrong if we say we like you, we don't like to let you go, because we consider you our part?

If we got united then we will get, granted, stronger than we are on ourselves individually. ድር ስያብር አንበሳ ያስር። goes a saying in Amharic.

The union should be based on a mutual benefit and mutual respect, not on one side taken advantage of, subjugated or made disadvantaged.

If we are united, then you can drink our coffee as yours and we can use your port as ours, what is wrong with that? I am just trying to understand your logic.

We have a shared history and I tend to believe that we will going to have the same (shared) destiny as well. The current world order requires to be strong to remain competitive.

It is not my business to discuss but that doesn't (necessarily) mean it doesn't concern me (because of the shared history and destiny), just to make myself more clear here.
Before I answer your question I would like to ask you this:
Let's say you ask the same question to Somalis..."If we got united then we will get, granted, stronger than we are on ourselves individually.
....If we are united, then you can drink our coffee as yours and we can use your port as ours, what is wrong with that? I am just trying to understand your logic."
What would Somalis say to you?

Now to answer your question...

Eritrea has never been part of Ethiopia. I don't need to lecture you history how Eritrea changed hands between Italy, British and finally fell at the hands of Haile Selalsie. Subsequently, We paid dearly to reverse this injustice and finally thanks to EPLF we got our independence. If we were willing to unite with Ethiopia we wouldn't have sacrificed tens of thousands of our compatriots. Keep your coffee and we keep our country and its ports. You will never find a single Eritrean who would entertain unity with mama Ethiopia. Lets live in peace as good neighbours.
I hope now you understand where we are coming from and appreciate our psyche at the same time.
I am not a historian, like you said, but I have read and heard multiple claims from Eritreans themselves that they are the descendants of the Axumite Kingdom and many others told me that Eritrea claimed its independence from Ethiopia based on its very short history of about 60 years, when it fell under domination of foreign powers, probably Italy, if I remember correctly.

Is something wrong in this view?

After saying that I do wish that all the HoA countries get united and be strong for the challenges of the day and the future in fact.

If you are basing your rejection to accept my suggestion on the fact that Eritrea has paid a heavy sacrifice to get its independence, so did Ethiopia as well to keep its national integrity and sovereignty over what once used to be part of its soverign territory.

I have many family members and friends who were lost in Eritrea to defend their fatherland and we didn't find and don't know their final resting place upto this day.

But my question was not about reckoning of our respective loses here, rather if it is not more rational if we get united based on the free will of the two people? Please understand the difference here.

Noble Amhara
Member
Posts: 2823
Joined: 02 Feb 2020, 13:00

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by Noble Amhara » 05 Sep 2020, 17:06

PMAA Also known as Meshrefet will lead and rule Ethiopia not that long Maybe 5-14 years (2020-2028) and what happens after him? Who will control Amaras destiny definatly not Meshrefet he will make Amara bankrupted like Mengistu so right now amharas must prepare to own there way and have people to represent and fight for us the most persecuted people what has Abiy done for the amara people absolutely nothing!
Last edited by Noble Amhara on 05 Sep 2020, 17:09, edited 2 times in total.

eden
Member+
Posts: 6136
Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 14:09

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by eden » 05 Sep 2020, 17:07

Asmara wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 16:12
You will never find a single Eritrean who would entertain unity with mama Ethiopia.

Aurorae
Member
Posts: 635
Joined: 10 Nov 2019, 02:21

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by Aurorae » 05 Sep 2020, 17:25

Qomal agame Eden,

Bi-t--ch, he is perhaps qomal agame like yourself. :lol: :lol: Shhhyt head. :twisted:

Aurorae
Member
Posts: 635
Joined: 10 Nov 2019, 02:21

Re: Why are some Amhara activists hell-bent on destroying Ethiopia

Post by Aurorae » 05 Sep 2020, 17:37

Tiel,

Abbiy pretended to be a peace loving, far sighted individual. Now, watch the mask dropping out of his face. He is about power. But, I could also be wrong. Time will tell. I can tell you this again. Ethnic federalism is here to stay unless you are looking forward for Rwanda 2. The Oromos have had it. The stupid weyanes spoiled it for them. So called one of their own may let them down too. :evil: I don't care about the opportunistic Weyanes. You have a beef with them, you know where to find them. Sending back Ethiopia to 1974 won't work. Respect each other and lift the country toward its potential.

Post Reply