Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Za-Ilmaknun

Oromistan... The struggle to Oromize Ethiopia and Islamise Oromiya

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 07 Aug 2020, 17:14

When TPLF first came to our lands, its single most agenda was how to perpetuate its hegemony by dividing Ethiopia in the name of self administration. The party constituted the politics of identity as its ideology and apportioned the country based on what it assumed to be nativity and shrouded the system as Federalism.. The party continuously preached hate among the wider populous and saw the seeds of ethnic discord all over the country. The past 30 years have been a period of time in the country for a continuous mass internal migration and frequent ethnic cleansing that have been under reported.

Now that TPLF is chased out of power by the beast it helped fed, the country is gravitating towards falling in the hands of Jihadists and Radical ethno-fascists. These groups seem to have no clear ideology other than promoting the narratives of falsely constructed victim centered history, the aim of which as demonstrated for the last three decades, is geared towards exterminating what they call 'neftegnas'. We are now at a very critical juncture in the survival and continuation of the Ethiopian state. The Orommuma ideology and its forcefully Oromizing the country with Islamic undertone is now conflicted with the power in 4 killo whose endeavors of inclusive governance is being challenged.

The way forward is now becoming very bleak for the governing party whose indecisiveness and reluctance to decisively enforce the rule of law is giving steam to the Jihadists movement. The propensity to appease the radicalized movement and reality of governing a multi-cultural country is now at a confluence. There are only two clear alternatives....that leaves the middle ground to be no ...man's land. "Down down Ethiopia" and building Ethiopia have no common tang-ency.

Revelations
Senior Member+

Re: Oromistan... The struggle to Oromize Ethiopia and Islamise Oromiya

Post by Revelations » 07 Aug 2020, 17:44

Please wait, video is loading...

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 07 Aug 2020, 17:48

This is typical of Amhara extremist-unionists, when they cannot think of other ideas or lies, they spread malicious propaganda, hoping that the white man, will once again come to their rescue under the guise of ''fighting off Islamists.''

This video you posted, is Muslim Oromos remembering the massacres, that the orthodox church blessed before they happened, saying ''go and slaughter the oromos like cattle and enslave them, in the name of st peter and etc'', and the human misery that followed, i.e. oromos being enslaved, oppressed, marginalized, etc.
Can you instead, address the reason they are commemorating, meaning, are they wrong? did it not occur?
Oh i forgot, that doesn't suit your narrative, so you overlook that purposely.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 07 Aug 2020, 18:22

Sadacha Macca wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 17:48
This is typical of Amhara extremist-unionists, when they cannot think of other ideas or lies, they spread malicious propaganda, hoping that the white man, will once again come to their rescue under the guise of ''fighting off Islamists.''

This video you posted, is Muslim Oromos remembering the massacres, that the orthodox church blessed before they happened, saying ''go and slaughter the oromos like cattle and enslave them, in the name of st peter and etc'', and the human misery that followed, i.e. oromos being enslaved, oppressed, marginalized, etc.
Can you instead, address the reason they are commemorating, meaning, are they wrong? did it not occur?
Sadacha Macca,

Letting the world know what is happening in the country as we speak and begging the white man for rescue are two different things. We have to acknowledge the crimes committed and make very clear the nature of the crime and why are they being continuously committed. If you assume that the Qerro crowed which forced closure of highway in Minnesota with its "down down Ethiopia" wailing was appealing for the rescue by the white man, I can learn something from that context. We only have history of facing any enemy with any color thru and thru.

You can cry about the enslavement of your clan based on narratives coined for you by the GOD father aka. TPLF for the gullible. It seems you are clinging to your an unwavering commitment of killing and beheading of defenseless mothers and children in retaliation of a here-says that alleged to have happened when the world was flat. You have decidedly stuck in the past whose deviously constructed narratives are being pocked left and right by your own ilk. Crimes against humanity in the region of Oromiya is now a daily occurrence. What is more disturbing is the cover up by those who are controlling the levers of power in the country. We can't just wish away what has happened and still happening by playing a peekaboo drama. We have tried that forever and all we ended up with is more of the same with increasing intensity.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 07 Aug 2020, 18:59

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 18:22
Sadacha Macca wrote:

Sadacha Macca,

Letting the world know what is happening in the country as we speak and begging the white man for rescue are two different things. We have to acknowledge the crimes committed and make very clear the nature of the crime and why are they being continuously committed. If you assume that the Qerro crowed which forced closure of highway in Minnesota with its "down down Ethiopia" wailing was appealing for the rescue by the white man, I can learn something from that context. We only have history of facing any enemy with any color thru and thru.

You can cry about the enslavement of your clan based on narratives coined for you by the GOD father aka. TPLF for the gullible. It seems you are clinging to your an unwavering commitment of killing and beheading of defenseless mothers and children in retaliation of a here-says that alleged to have happened when the world was flat. You have decidedly stuck in the past whose deviously constructed narratives are being pocked left and right by your own ilk. Crimes against humanity in the region of Oromiya is now a daily occurrence. What is more disturbing is the cover up by those who are controlling the levers of power in the country. We can't just wish away what has happened and still happening by playing a peekaboo drama. We have tried that forever and all we ended up with is more of the same with increasing intensity.

Who committed the crimes then? What is the proof? Do you also acknowledge the crimes by amhara gangs in addis against oromos and oromo businesses? or do you pick and choose which crimes you want to acknowledge?
this is the root of the issue, people only want to acknowledge wrongs done by people of ''other'' ethnicities, while ignoring the ones committed by their ''own.''

I for one, have NO PROBLEM condemning wrong doings, whether it's done by a fellow oromo, or other than them. all should be equal in matters of justice and the law, despite the very sad and miserable history of ethiopia.
I for one, believe in holding INDIVIDUALS accountable, as opposed to BLAMING entire religious or ethnic groups for crimes.

Forget TPLF, we KNOW our history, and we know what the forces of menelik and co, did in our lands.
blaming tplf for that, is like blaming them for menelik's wrongs, it simply isn't just or right.
the fact is, the church blessed the massacres he carried out, and blessed him to usurp the lands of others, to doom them to perpetual poverty, and more.
taddesse birru, a christian oromo, alluded to this when he blamed the poverty of oromo farmers , could be blamed, on the misappropriation of their land by menelik and his clergymen, and he too, was killed, for his stance on the oromo cause, position in the empire, etc.
religion doesn't matter to amhara extremists, who hate ALL OROMOS regardless of their religion, especially if that oromo stands up for the rights of his nation.

yes human rights abuses take place daily, the vast majority of which are most likely being that of the army and security forces against civilians, mostly oromo civilians, as it's always been- the army massacring oromos, as they have been doing in wallaga for a while now, while you guys remained silent or justified by saying ''oh they are going after OLF, by killing innocent farmers, raping their women and so on, they do those crimes to go after OLF SHANE''...but you won't say that, because once again; it doesn't fit you narrative.

Revelations
Senior Member+

Post by Revelations » 07 Aug 2020, 19:09

As we have stated before, there's only one OLF. There's no OLF-Shane which the Abiy Ahimed regime and its cadres would like you to believe.

From my January 2019 discussion with the top OLA commanders in Gujii such as Jima Reba, aka (Jaal Waaqumsaa) Darara Gumo aka (Jaal Magarsaa) and Umar Basa, I learned that the split between OLA and OLF is tactical. The OLF leadership in Addis has connections with them and they operate with the knowledge of the political leaders. The fact that the deputy chair of OLF, Dhugaasaa Bakako, left the party in Addis and joined OLA soon after the attempt to disarm OLA by Oromo Abbaa Gadaas and the 71-member technical committee supports this conclusion. Dhugaasaa was on the committee. After he left the party based in Addis, he was appointed commander-in-chief of OLA, and was leading the OLA from bases in Uganda and Kenya.

https://www.ethiopia-insight.com/2020/0 ... iberators/

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 07 Aug 2020, 19:22

Oh Ato Rev, so you can quote the same government that you dislike or believe is corrupt, when their narrative *happens* to coincide with or agree with, yours? Lol how convenient.

Because quoting a government who is known to have lied before, is completely legitimate?

Revelations
Senior Member+

Post by Revelations » 07 Aug 2020, 19:35

Unfortunately for you, I'm not imbecile whisperer. If I was, I would try to argue the obvious source of the quoted article which contradicts the false narrative of "OLF-Shane" advanced by Abiy Ahimed regime and you it's cadre.
Sadacha Macca wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 19:22
Oh Ato Rev, so you can quote the same government that you dislike or believe is corrupt, when their narrative *happens* to coincide with or agree with, yours? Lol how convenient.

Because quoting a government who is known to have lied before, is completely legitimate?

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 07 Aug 2020, 19:37

Sadacha Macca wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 18:59
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
Sadacha Macca wrote:

Who committed the crimes then? What is the proof? Do you also acknowledge the crimes by amhara gangs in addis against oromos and oromo businesses? or do you pick and choose which crimes you want to acknowledge?
this is the root of the issue, people only want to acknowledge wrongs done by people of ''other'' ethnicities, while ignoring the ones committed by their ''own.''

I for one, have NO PROBLEM condemning wrong doings, whether it's done by a fellow oromo, or other than them. all should be equal in matters of justice and the law, despite the very sad and miserable history of ethiopia.
I for one, believe in holding INDIVIDUALS accountable, as opposed to BLAMING entire religious or ethnic groups for crimes.

Forget TPLF, we KNOW our history, and we know what the forces of menelik and co, did in our lands.
blaming tplf for that, is like blaming them for menelik's wrongs, it simply isn't just or right.
the fact is, the church blessed the massacres he carried out, and blessed him to usurp the lands of others, to doom them to perpetual poverty, and more.
taddesse birru, a christian oromo, alluded to this when he blamed the poverty of oromo farmers , could be blamed, on the misappropriation of their land by menelik and his clergymen, and he too, was killed, for his stance on the oromo cause, position in the empire, etc.
religion doesn't matter to amhara extremists, who hate ALL OROMOS regardless of their religion, especially if that oromo stands up for the rights of his nation.

yes human rights abuses take place daily, the vast majority of which are most likely being that of the army and security forces against civilians, mostly oromo civilians, as it's always been- the army massacring oromos, as they have been doing in wallaga for a while now, while you guys remained silent or justified by saying ''oh they are going after OLF, by killing innocent farmers, raping their women and so on, they do those crimes to go after OLF SHANE''...but you won't say that, because once again; it doesn't fit you narrative.
Sadacha Macca

First off, it is a good gesture on your part to be open to condemning crimes regardless of whoever the perpetrators are. That is human and that is what is lacking in the discourses.

There are countless YouTube clips and first hand transcriptions of the victims speaking about their ordeals. Most fanatical tribal adherents just glance the other way or try to find a false equivalence to neutralize the legit claims. That is the whole crux of the issue. When you try to attack someone there always is a push back or the instinct to defend oneself. When you go to kill, you may end up being the one killed. The Qerro in the middle of Addis came to do what it knows how to do best and, there was a backlash. Self defense, like I said before, is a criminal offence in Oromiya.

I agree with you that the security establishment isn't doing enough to protect civilians. It has been time and again proven that the tribal oriented security establishment is part of the problem too. It is however,the government's responsibility to make sure that professionalism and impartiality should be the standard to operate by. There is no trust on the security forces from every side because of how they are made and how they are functioning.

Whatever is happening in Wolega is the extension of this. Armed struggle is an outlawed activity that could invite a disproportionate response from those in power for it is a direct threat to their power. You are expecting us to act against the same government which is inundated with Oromo elites who are trying so hard to remake the country in Orommuma image? The power struggle between different Oromo factions is at best served well if left for themselves to sort it out. Inviting TPLF to stand with OLF will only bring the worst outta OPDO. OMN openly was agitating Qimants and Agews to eradicate amharas..and ya all were justifying it to date. The barrels of biltsigna ..ADP branch are always pointed at Fano and murdering them every day. ...and you have been crying about that too..weren't ya?

If you think that shortage of land is the critical problem in that country to have us murder each other..you better ask Karuturi global of Indian who was forced to lease a land the size of Arsi for almost free by the TPLF administration. If i start citing small historical blips to give credence to genocide that is happening in my generation, I sure must be out of the capacity to reason. We learn from history ...real history.. not to repeat them. It is shameful to stand with TPLF and wave its flag and sing "down down Ethiopia" before the wounds of those Oromo brothers who paid in blood and limbs healed.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 07 Aug 2020, 20:04

Revelations wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 19:35
Unfortunately for you, I'm not imbecile whisperer. If I was, I would try to argue the obvious source of the quoted article which contradicts the false narrative of "OLF-Shane" advanced by Abiy Ahimed regime and you it's cadre.
Sadacha Macca wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 19:22

Yes indeed, anyone with an opposing view- is automatically a ''cadre of abiy ahmed's regime'' and wrong, by default. Ah, yes indeed, quoting a government that you claim to be against, a regime you are critical of, a regime that is known to lie and a regime with a track record of working the corrupt TPLF; is legit indeed, kind sir! 8)

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 07 Aug 2020, 21:02

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 19:37
Sadacha Macca wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 18:59
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
Sadacha Macca wrote:

Sadacha Macca

First off, it is a good gesture on your part to be open to condemning crimes regardless of whoever the perpetrators are. That is human and that is what is lacking in the discourses.

There are countless YouTube clips and first hand transcriptions of the victims speaking about their ordeals. Most fanatical tribal adherents just glance the other way or try to find a false equivalence to neutralize the legit claims. That is the whole crux of the issue. When you try to attack someone there always is a push back or the instinct to defend oneself. When you go to kill, you may end up being the one killed. The Qerro in the middle of Addis came to do what it knows how to do best and, there was a backlash. Self defense, like I said before, is a criminal offence in Oromiya.

I agree with you that the security establishment isn't doing enough to protect civilians. It has been time and again proven that the tribal oriented security establishment is part of the problem too. It is however,the government's responsibility to make sure that professionalism and impartiality should be the standard to operate by. There is no trust on the security forces from every side because of how they are made and how they are functioning.

Whatever is happening in Wolega is the extension of this. Armed struggle is an outlawed activity that could invite a disproportionate response from those in power for it is a direct threat to their power. You are expecting us to act against the same government which is inundated with Oromo elites who are trying so hard to remake the country in Orommuma image? The power struggle between different Oromo factions is at best served well if left for themselves to sort it out. Inviting TPLF to stand with OLF will only bring the worst outta OPDO. OMN openly was agitating Qimants and Agews to eradicate amharas..and ya all were justifying it to date. The barrels of biltsigna ..ADP branch are always pointed at Fano and murdering them every day. ...and you have been crying about that too..weren't ya?

If you think that shortage of land is the critical problem in that country to have us murder each other..you better ask Karuturi global of Indian who was forced to lease a land the size of Arsi for almost free by the TPLF administration. If i start citing small historical blips to give credence to genocide that is happening in my generation, I sure must be out of the capacity to reason. We learn from history ...real history.. not to repeat them. It is shameful to stand with TPLF and wave its flag and sing "down down Ethiopia" before the wounds of those Oromo brothers who paid in blood and limbs healed.
Whoever harms even an innocent bird, or animal, should be held accountable-this is my position.
No one deserves as much as a hair on their head being harmed, simply because of the ethnicity they were born into, through no will of their own.
However, we have some amhara extremist activists, exploiting these horrible incidents and cases, to advance their political agendas and interests, basically benefiting from the blood of innocents. That too, should be condemned.
Then, you say it was qeeroo who started the incidents/problems in addis, when we know for a fact that, oromo businesses being targeted, for example, were not the business of qerroo's, but of oromo residents, who were not even politically active- but you are sitting here, trying to justify it, because... bingo! You happen to be an Amhara, and you want to make one side look like innocent angels, your side*, and make the 'other' side look like devils, the oromos.
objective, fair, and just activists, etc, seem to be missing in general from all sides, because loyalty to ones ethnicity tends to cloud people's judgements- whether it people like obbo halafifi from the tplf/tigray, or you and other amharas, or oromos. this is my take as an individual!
people also-tend to label an entire nation or ethnic group as being 'bad,' or 'inherently evil,' and so on and so forth; as opposed to blaming the individuals among them, which is the fair thing to do. but alas... silly humans are prone to generalizations. perhaps it's the ''negativity bias'' thing?!

what is occurring in wallaga, regardless of whose in power, is wrong. A Muslim scholar once said: wrong is wrong, even if the entire world is doing it, and right is right, even if only a few are doing it. adelem, ende? any religion, christian or not, can agree with that, wrong is wrong, always, regardless of the number of people doing it.
the LEAST one can do is condemn the acts of violence and rapes in wallaga, if you do not have the power, will, etc, to take sides with the oppressed.
can you show me where OMN advocated for a tiny minority, agew/qimant, to massacre a group who dwarfs them in numbers and weapons?
it's like saying we told the tiny birds in the animal kingdom to rise up and fight the lions and elephants-laughable at best.
nobody invited olf, they got involved, because they see it in their interests, the same way abiy saw it in his interests to sign military pacts with eritrea, to jointly fight tplf, olf, anyone opposed to their reign in the horn.
that's politics, unfortunately. people are driven, largely by interests and agendas, which are more often than not, wrong and based on the desire of humans for power, money, material gain, so on and so forth.

it's not a shortage of land that caused oromos to be poor under haile selassie, it was the taking of bulk of their lands produce through extortion, the gabbar-naftenya system, because the amhara elites were too lazy to work their own lands, or to work themselves, among other reasons.
you do not understand this, or even want to, because you do not want to acknowledge the crimes of your ''heroes,'' emiye menelik and others. you rather deflect, or deliberately distort the facts or etc...
we do not use the past to justify anything, but to remind those who forgot the history or wish to twist it to fit their narratives.

tlel

Post by tlel » 09 Aug 2020, 19:02

The only regions that will be affected on this radicalizm of Olf, Tplf is Shewa, Addis Oromoia and Debub. The rest will be fine. Why this region? This region is where Ethiopia defeated and united the Ethiopian people, many heroes in these regions died against colonization. So by brining in anti Ethiopioa groups within these regions, they will dismantel this region and most will be new comers or brainwashed by ethnicity or religion.

To me there is slow incursion towards affecting these people. That is why Shimelis Abdisa is talking. Even the Oromos who are traditional christians or Borana will be attacked because they are considred the part of "Neftegna, unionist, " is code word for anti ethiopianism and pro Western colonization. The Lema type worship Protestant and Germany, the Shimelis the same, the Aby, the same, the Jawar worship Egypt and wahabi. Tell me which ones are even truly love Oromia? It is absolutely false, it is all for power and they don't have a bone of Oromo or Ethiopia for that matter. They use Oromo and the language to decieve the people. The Oromos accepting this will be safe and those who don't will just be attacked as it happened in the recent attack

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 11 Aug 2020, 20:20

Sadacha Macca wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 21:02

Whoever harms even an innocent bird, or animal, should be held accountable-this is my position.
No one deserves as much as a hair on their head being harmed, simply because of the ethnicity they were born into, through no will of their own.
However, we have some amhara extremist activists, exploiting these horrible incidents and cases, to advance their political agendas and interests, basically benefiting from the blood of innocents. That too, should be condemned.
Then, you say it was qeeroo who started the incidents/problems in addis, when we know for a fact that, oromo businesses being targeted, for example, were not the business of qerroo's, but of oromo residents, who were not even politically active- but you are sitting here, trying to justify it, because... bingo! You happen to be an Amhara, and you want to make one side look like innocent angels, your side*, and make the 'other' side look like devils, the oromos.
objective, fair, and just activists, etc, seem to be missing in general from all sides, because loyalty to ones ethnicity tends to cloud people's judgements- whether it people like obbo halafifi from the tplf/tigray, or you and other amharas, or oromos. this is my take as an individual!
people also-tend to label an entire nation or ethnic group as being 'bad,' or 'inherently evil,' and so on and so forth; as opposed to blaming the individuals among them, which is the fair thing to do. but alas... silly humans are prone to generalizations. perhaps it's the ''negativity bias'' thing?!

what is occurring in wallaga, regardless of whose in power, is wrong. A Muslim scholar once said: wrong is wrong, even if the entire world is doing it, and right is right, even if only a few are doing it. adelem, ende? any religion, christian or not, can agree with that, wrong is wrong, always, regardless of the number of people doing it.
the LEAST one can do is condemn the acts of violence and rapes in wallaga, if you do not have the power, will, etc, to take sides with the oppressed.
can you show me where OMN advocated for a tiny minority, agew/qimant, to massacre a group who dwarfs them in numbers and weapons?
it's like saying we told the tiny birds in the animal kingdom to rise up and fight the lions and elephants-laughable at best.
nobody invited olf, they got involved, because they see it in their interests, the same way abiy saw it in his interests to sign military pacts with eritrea, to jointly fight tplf, olf, anyone opposed to their reign in the horn.
that's politics, unfortunately. people are driven, largely by interests and agendas, which are more often than not, wrong and based on the desire of humans for power, money, material gain, so on and so forth.

it's not a shortage of land that caused oromos to be poor under haile selassie, it was the taking of bulk of their lands produce through extortion, the gabbar-naftenya system, because the amhara elites were too lazy to work their own lands, or to work themselves, among other reasons.
you do not understand this, or even want to, because you do not want to acknowledge the crimes of your ''heroes,'' emiye menelik and others. you rather deflect, or deliberately distort the facts or etc...
we do not use the past to justify anything, but to remind those who forgot the history or wish to twist it to fit their narratives.
Sima,

I only stated the obvious. The vindication is out there for whoever is willing to see things objectively. Just a couple of days ago the president of Oromiya Region confirmed without a doubt what most of us here have been saying for the longest. You are now trying to blame Addis Abebe for the crimes of the rowdy Qerro and the miscarriage of duty by so called Addis Ababa police. You just try to play the victim role despite the mountains of evidences proving who is at fault. Unlike you and your fanatic kinds, I never even once tried to paint the larger Oromo people with a broad brush for the crime that are constantly being committed against innocent civilians in the name of Oromo. However, I understand why you try to drag me down to your path. After all this is the game extremists have been practicing everyday of their miserable lives.

I never did say that the Amhara people are not able to defend themselves however, they are constantly being exposed to massacre by a system and government that has been working tirelessly to exterminate them. It is a deliberate action of targeting innocent farmers when they are least suspecting the attacks. Your OMN was giving cover for the attackers and blaming the victims in the name of "Kush" brotherhood.

It is lame to expect us to defend OLF. OLF is the enemy of the people it purports to stands for. I have always been against any form of violence against civilians whether Oromo or anybody else. If you are assuming that the current administration is killing its own people for the benefits of "Neftegnas" , it does only tell how far behind you are in grasping what is on the ground in that country.

You have a problem of differentiating between a system and a community. The Feudal system of Sillasie perhaps had expropriated the Amharas more than any other community in the country. It was a feudal system that existed in its own time and killed violently by the system it was replaced by. If you need to know who owned the largest serfdom during that era, you may need to read about Mefin sileshi and the rest of the Oromo lords to have a clue. I do not support the expropriation of any community by anyone, whether it be their own tribe or others. But I also understand that the modern society didn't rain from above overnight. We still are fighting to create a system that can accommodate the interests of all of us equally...unlike Obo SHimelis Abidissa and his PP which still are working dubiously to create a country where some are more equal than others.

Please read the real historical accounts of King Minilik and come back to argue here. Do not recite bogus story fed to you by TPLF mercenaries. Minilik was a king of showa more than hundred years ago when the entire population of the country was under 5 million. He was the king of Showa under the Ethiopian Emperor Yohannes when he brought back part of the country that was occupied by aggressors and evaders. If we are to talk about real history, there is nothing you can defend. So please stay relevant and talk about what is for the future. :mrgreen:

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 12 Aug 2020, 12:48

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
11 Aug 2020, 20:20
Sadacha Macca wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 21:02

Sima,

I only stated the obvious. The vindication is out there for whoever is willing to see things objectively. Just a couple of days ago the president of Oromiya Region confirmed without a doubt what most of us here have been saying for the longest. You are now trying to blame Addis Abebe for the crimes of the rowdy Qerro and the miscarriage of duty by so called Addis Ababa police. You just try to play the victim role despite the mountains of evidences proving who is at fault. Unlike you and your fanatic kinds, I never even once tried to paint the larger Oromo people with a broad brush for the crime that are constantly being committed against innocent civilians in the name of Oromo. However, I understand why you try to drag me down to your path. After all this is the game extremists have been practicing everyday of their miserable lives.

I never did say that the Amhara people are not able to defend themselves however, they are constantly being exposed to massacre by a system and government that has been working tirelessly to exterminate them. It is a deliberate action of targeting innocent farmers when they are least suspecting the attacks. Your OMN was giving cover for the attackers and blaming the victims in the name of "Kush" brotherhood.

It is lame to expect us to defend OLF. OLF is the enemy of the people it purports to stands for. I have always been against any form of violence against civilians whether Oromo or anybody else. If you are assuming that the current administration is killing its own people for the benefits of "Neftegnas" , it does only tell how far behind you are in grasping what is on the ground in that country.

You have a problem of differentiating between a system and a community. The Feudal system of Sillasie perhaps had expropriated the Amharas more than any other community in the country. It was a feudal system that existed in its own time and killed violently by the system it was replaced by. If you need to know who owned the largest serfdom during that era, you may need to read about Mefin sileshi and the rest of the Oromo lords to have a clue. I do not support the expropriation of any community by anyone, whether it be their own tribe or others. But I also understand that the modern society didn't rain from above overnight. We still are fighting to create a system that can accommodate the interests of all of us equally...unlike Obo SHimelis Abidissa and his PP which still are working dubiously to create a country where some are more equal than others.

Please read the real historical accounts of King Minilik and come back to argue here. Do not recite bogus story fed to you by TPLF mercenaries. Minilik was a king of showa more than hundred years ago when the entire population of the country was under 5 million. He was the king of Showa under the Ethiopian Emperor Yohannes when he brought back part of the country that was occupied by aggressors and evaders. If we are to talk about real history, there is nothing you can defend. So please stay relevant and talk about what is for the future. :mrgreen:

Who said I am ''blaming addis'' for what occurred elsewhere in Oromia? You cannot find it in yourself, to admit it happened, you blame the oromo there, as if burning oromo owned businesses, and attacking oromo who were not doing anything, is justified! Smh.
What I AM SAYING IS, you guys are ignoring what happened against oromos, and only focusing on what SOME Oromos did.
And, you also ignore the war crimes abiy's army has committed, and then you justify it in various ways, from ''oh of course the govt will do that, lah blah,'' NOTHING justifies raping women and burning villages; when such crimes happen against YOUR Amhara brethren, you are quick to condemn it, and rightfully so, because REGARDLESS of who does those crimes, WRONG IS WRONG; but when it happens against OROMOS, you are quiet as a church mouse!

Oh yeah now you wanna say Amharas lost their land rights too, is that why the derg's land to the tiller program, didn't effect them AT ALL, while it was welcomed with tears of joy in the south where oromos farm most the land?? Ha! Tell those lies to someone whose family wasn't directly effected, or to someone who doesn't know what occurred!
Amharas, especially in the north, did not lose the rights to their land and its produce, they were not victims in the way that the southerners were, whose land was stolen, and given to clergymen, and menelik's riflemen, who were TOO LAZY to farm themselves.
As Waugh put it, the ''abyssinian conquerors DIDN'T CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING to those they conquered.''
forget tplf, we do not need them, to know our own history, you can blame them all you want, but the fact is, that's just a convenient scapegoat.
btw- a few oromo elites who rose high in the rank of the empire, do not mean much, in comparison to the millions of farmers and peasants, who became serfs or gabbars, on their own land. certainly, those millions of people, mean more, at least to those humans with a heart. not to the cold hearted ones who only care for the land in which they live, and not for the PEOPLE living on it.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 12 Aug 2020, 14:03

Sadacha Macca wrote:
12 Aug 2020, 12:48

Who said I am ''blaming addis'' for what occurred elsewhere in Oromia? You cannot find it in yourself, to admit it happened, you blame the oromo there, as if burning oromo owned businesses, and attacking oromo who were not doing anything, is justified! Smh.
What I AM SAYING IS, you guys are ignoring what happened against oromos, and only focusing on what SOME Oromos did.
And, you also ignore the war crimes abiy's army has committed, and then you justify it in various ways, from ''oh of course the govt will do that, lah blah,'' NOTHING justifies raping women and burning villages; when such crimes happen against YOUR Amhara brethren, you are quick to condemn it, and rightfully so, because REGARDLESS of who does those crimes, WRONG IS WRONG; but when it happens against OROMOS, you are quiet as a church mouse!

Oh yeah now you wanna say Amharas lost their land rights too, is that why the derg's land to the tiller program, didn't effect them AT ALL, while it was welcomed with tears of joy in the south where oromos farm most the land?? Ha! Tell those lies to someone whose family wasn't directly effected, or to someone who doesn't know what occurred!
Amharas, especially in the north, did not lose the rights to their land and its produce, they were not victims in the way that the southerners were, whose land was stolen, and given to clergymen, and menelik's riflemen, who were TOO LAZY to farm themselves.
As Waugh put it, the ''abyssinian conquerors DIDN'T CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING to those they conquered.''
forget tplf, we do not need them, to know our own history, you can blame them all you want, but the fact is, that's just a convenient scapegoat.
btw- a few oromo elites who rose high in the rank of the empire, do not mean much, in comparison to the millions of farmers and peasants, who became serfs or gabbars, on their own land. certainly, those millions of people, mean more, at least to those humans with a heart. not to the cold hearted ones who only care for the land in which they live, and not for the PEOPLE living on it.
Aba

The Oromos are killed by Qerro because they were perceived to be "Neftegnas" and Christians. I have stated clearly that those who were massacred are from different ethnicity but, the killers are all from one. It isn't an envying position to be at trying to defend murderers. I am not going back and forth with you to trying to have you change your positions, but expose your flawed arguments in defending evil. You are only trying to defuse the atrocities by finding some false equivalence. We know for some of you, when civilians are killed by the known mob, it is easier to give out statistics of their ethnicity instead of dealing with why they are killed. In Rwanda, when the Tutsi-es were exterminated, there were so many moderate Hutu who met the same fate because of their perceived sympathy for the Tutsi. Look Gebissa/Arrarsa/ Jewissa branch of OLF is daily trying to Amharaize PM Abiy just because he is perceived to have a different political style than the mob, despite the substance is same.

If it gives you joy and peace of mind, you keep blaming the Amhara farmers who are the targets of continuous systematic ethnic cleansing for the past 50 years and more. Keep sticking your fingers at those who are made invisible by the system and government that is doubling down on what has been started under the fascist dergu.

You and your team do not fail to amuse me when talking about historical realities. You are programmed to go back only to the times of Menilik and pretend there existed nothing before that. Please do look a little beyond that time to find out who exterminated local populations and invaded their lands. "engda sisenebit balebet yehone yimeslewal allu" .So let's be honest and deal with the good the bad and the ugly if we are to get to hoonest solutions.

If we are only to consider blood lines of those who ruled the nation, you would only be surprised to find out that Silassie and Mengistu are more closer to you than to the people that you never failed to denigrate at ever bend. Even the new PM is blamed to be "Neftegna" just because he is openly calling the name of the country that he is leading in positive terms despite, what is being done on the ground. Be thankful that your Qerro is getting away with so much innocent blood on its hands..just because the gambling winners have been installed as a government that woks for your cause.

The current administration is openly working to uproot people from their lands in the name of nativity and giving the land back to its tribal affiliates. They love the land where Addis Ababa, a City which has been built by the sweat and labor of millions of Ethiopians from different ethnic background for the past hundreds of years, but hate the residents. Talk about cold heart and cold blooded murder and plunder! I am not dignifying your here-says by debunking them line by line, but unfortunately your position is a position held by some misguided ethnic hegemonic aspirants who still are swaddled in their victim mentality despite them controlling everything from the "Bank to the Tank"