Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Abere

Re: Oromistan... The struggle to Oromize Ethiopia and Islamise Oromiya

Post by Abere » 12 Aug 2020, 14:15

Were not some Germans killed along with Jews by Adloph Hitler's Nazi? If so, how would it be strange for some Oromo got killed along with the victims of genocide by the Oromo -OLF? Call a spade spade. No room for a morale mediocre.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 12 Aug 2020, 14:43

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
12 Aug 2020, 14:03
Sadacha Macca wrote:
12 Aug 2020, 12:48

Who said I am ''blaming addis'' for what occurred elsewhere in Oromia? You cannot find it in yourself, to admit it happened, you blame the oromo there, as if burning oromo owned businesses, and attacking oromo who were not doing anything, is justified! Smh.
What I AM SAYING IS, you guys are ignoring what happened against oromos, and only focusing on what SOME Oromos did.
And, you also ignore the war crimes abiy's army has committed, and then you justify it in various ways, from ''oh of course the govt will do that, lah blah,'' NOTHING justifies raping women and burning villages; when such crimes happen against YOUR Amhara brethren, you are quick to condemn it, and rightfully so, because REGARDLESS of who does those crimes, WRONG IS WRONG; but when it happens against OROMOS, you are quiet as a church mouse!

Oh yeah now you wanna say Amharas lost their land rights too, is that why the derg's land to the tiller program, didn't effect them AT ALL, while it was welcomed with tears of joy in the south where oromos farm most the land?? Ha! Tell those lies to someone whose family wasn't directly effected, or to someone who doesn't know what occurred!
Amharas, especially in the north, did not lose the rights to their land and its produce, they were not victims in the way that the southerners were, whose land was stolen, and given to clergymen, and menelik's riflemen, who were TOO LAZY to farm themselves.
As Waugh put it, the ''abyssinian conquerors DIDN'T CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING to those they conquered.''
forget tplf, we do not need them, to know our own history, you can blame them all you want, but the fact is, that's just a convenient scapegoat.
btw- a few oromo elites who rose high in the rank of the empire, do not mean much, in comparison to the millions of farmers and peasants, who became serfs or gabbars, on their own land. certainly, those millions of people, mean more, at least to those humans with a heart. not to the cold hearted ones who only care for the land in which they live, and not for the PEOPLE living on it.
Aba

The Oromos are killed by Qerro because they were perceived to be "Neftegnas" and Christians. I have stated clearly that those who were massacred are from different ethnicity but, the killers are all from one. It isn't an envying position to be at trying to defend murderers. I am not going back and forth with you to trying to have you change your positions, but expose your flawed arguments in defending evil. You are only trying to defuse the atrocities by finding some false equivalence. We know for some of you, when civilians are killed by the known mob, it is easier to give out statistics of their ethnicity instead of dealing with why they are killed. In Rwanda, when the Tutsi-es were exterminated, there were so many moderate Hutu who met the same fate because of their perceived sympathy for the Tutsi. Look Gebissa/Arrarsa/ Jewissa branch of OLF is daily trying to Amharaize PM Abiy just because he is perceived to have a different political style than the mob, despite the substance is same.

If it gives you joy and peace of mind, you keep blaming the Amhara farmers who are the targets of continuous systematic ethnic cleansing for the past 50 years and more. Keep sticking your fingers at those who are made invisible by the system and government that is doubling down on what has been started under the fascist dergu.

You and your team do not fail to amuse me when talking about historical realities. You are programmed to go back only to the times of Menilik and pretend there existed nothing before that. Please do look a little beyond that time to find out who exterminated local populations and invaded their lands. "engda sisenebit balebet yehone yimeslewal allu" .So let's be honest and deal with the good the bad and the ugly if we are to get to hoonest solutions.

If we are only to consider blood lines of those who ruled the nation, you would only be surprised to find out that Silassie and Mengistu are more closer to you than to the people that you never failed to denigrate at ever bend. Even the new PM is blamed to be "Neftegna" just because he is openly calling the name of the country that he is leading in positive terms despite, what is being done on the ground. Be thankful that your Qerro is getting away with so much innocent blood on its hands..just because the gambling winners have been installed as a government that woks for your cause.

The current administration is openly working to uproot people from their lands in the name of nativity and giving the land back to its tribal affiliates. They love the land where Addis Ababa, a City which has been built by the sweat and labor of millions of Ethiopians from different ethnic background for the past hundreds of years, but hate the residents. Talk about cold heart and cold blooded murder and plunder! I am not dignifying your here-says by debunking them line by line, but unfortunately your position is a position held by some misguided ethnic hegemonic aspirants who still are swaddled in their victim mentality despite them controlling everything from the "Bank to the Tank"

This is what you're not getting, and you're deliberately distorting what I said, to make it as if I am disagreeing with all of your posts.
CONDEMN KILLINGS REGARDLESS OF WHO DOES IT, AND REGARDLESS OF THE ETHNICITY OF THE VICTIMS AND PERPETRATORS.
ESHI? TOLE?
So I condemn the crimes done in Oromia, by SOME OROMOS**, the same way I condemn the deliberate targeting of oromos in addis, the same way i condemn the armies killing and raping of innocent oromos in wallaga, guji, borana.

How hard is that to get? That is my position, and the position of any sane, fair, justice-loving human, regardless of ethnicity.
WRONG IS WRONG, even if the entire world is doing it; and RIGHT IS RIGHT; even if a very few are doing it.
I am not defending anyone, I am calling a spade a spade, and saying that: when non-oromos are killed, we hear about it daily, which is fine, but when it's oromos being killed, it's quickly brushed under the carpet/rug, as if it's normal, so oromo blood is therefore, to many, cheaper or less worthy; even if you guys cannot admit this or acknowledge this directly. Actions speak louder than words, as the age old adage goes, adelem ende?

Gebissa/Ararsa/whoever else, are individuals, their opinions represent themselves.
They are not spokespersons for all 40 million oromos, nor do I always agree with their views.

Once again, never once did I blame Amhara farmers, but what I am saying is, we cannot have the same heroes if those heroes of yours, based their power and prosperity, in keeping a large segment of my people, land-less gabbars. among other things...
mengistu did well, by giving land back to the tillers, the farmers, then he ended up becoming worse than the one he overthrew, the emperor.
that is why he had huge support in the south, while the north was like ''meh whatever, we always owned our lands that we farmed on, so what's the big deal?'''
this shows the disparity in ethiopia, between the privileged, albeit poor peasants of the north, and the poor and land-less gabbar/serfs of the south, again, most of which were oromo.
they were mostly mixed, meaning, the elites, menge to haile, but they pushed amhara-elitist supremacy, so it doesn't matter if more of their ancestry had oromos in it, if the system they fought for, kept the majority of oromo's oppressed and marginalized.

abiy is being called naftenya because of his own actions, such as being very close to parties, who are pushing to get rid of federalism and go back to the old ethiopia, a move that most oromos/sidama/welayta/etc, oppose vehemently, but it's being pushed for by, who? amhara elites and their supporters globally.
not for anything else, but to benefit amhara elites & amharas as a result of that.
''my qeerroo'' are the ones who struggle without harming others, so the criminals among them, deserve to face justice, the same way the amharas who burnt and killed agew/qimants did, the same way the amhara militias who mowed down 100's of gumuz babies and women did, the same way the army members who killed and raped oromo's in wallaga/guji/borana, etc, did.
but alas, in the ethiopian empire, perhaps the most backwards and dingy empire on earth, historically at least, hopefully it is improving [:(], justice is selective....

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 12 Aug 2020, 16:01

Sadacha Macca wrote:
12 Aug 2020, 14:43

they were mostly mixed, meaning, the elites, menge to haile, but they pushed amhara-elitist supremacy, so it doesn't matter if more of their ancestry had oromos in it, if the system they fought for, kept the majority of oromo's oppressed and marginalized.

abiy is being called naftenya because of his own actions, such as being very close to parties, who are pushing to get rid of federalism and go back to the old ethiopia, a move that most oromos/sidama/welayta/etc, oppose vehemently, but it's being pushed for by, who? amhara elites and their supporters globally.
not for anything else, but to benefit amhara elites & amharas as a result of that.
''my qeerroo'' are the ones who struggle without harming others, so the criminals among them, deserve to face justice, the same way the amharas who burnt and killed agew/qimants did, the same way the amhara militias who mowed down 100's of gumuz babies and women did, the same way the army members who killed and raped oromo's in wallaga/guji/borana, etc, did.
That is what you have perfectly got wrong. You still have difficulty in separating political systems and communities. You are daring enough to assert that the fascist dergu was working for the interest of Amharas. You can't be more wrong! Dergu killed amhara youth and farmers in their thousands because of the perceived threat coming from that community. None of the ethnic zealots are willing enough to open their blind eyes and see how the Dergu system exterminated hundreds of thousands of Amharas and turned them to destitute overnight, because this would negate their narratives of identity politics. The military junta had classified the amharas as its primary enemy and not only looted the very minimum they had but made them punching bags for its brutal misguided policies. You would only be surprised to find out that the Oromos outnumber any ethic group in that country in-terms of holding meaningful political and Military positions during the bygone eras. To its credit though, the regime did promote illiteracy campaign in multiple languages that elevated the literacy rate from a mere 5% to 34%.

Sillasie was a leader of a backward country which was coming out of leadership by mysticism and trying to connect to the modern way of state governance. We have to be contextual in our readings of systems and societal evolution. The Ethiopian state building had as its core base a religion more than anything else. That did create problems for the country and necessitated change that have yet to satisfy the majority of its populace. I know that the amharic language has been the language of government for over 800 years. It isn't like the language become lingua-franca overnight.As in any system, those who speak the language created an elite group that protects its interest more than the interests of the whole country. Now you are blaming the speakers of the language who are themselves at the receiving ends of the bruits of successive regimes. Have you thought that had the Oromo evasion/migration, which changed the face of the country once and for all, succeeded in controlling the state power, what kind of society we would have had. Refer only to Geda and Mogassa en-devours to find out the answer. Oromo swallowed more than 20 indigenous communities and Oromized them. That is assimilation of the highest order. What I am baffled by is they still want to repeat same old shenanigans in this time and age. Shame!!

Please refrain from stating that Amharas are for dismantling the federal system and Abiy is their Trojan horse. It is a zinger thrown out by the hegemonic aspirants to scare others and perpetuate their upper hand in the current lopsided political environment. I stand firmly against any group which tries to advance itself at the expense of others. I stand for equality and justice, and hence the reason I am here inking my opinions. The Federalism that you are so cheering for is a carved out to make the majority of the country invisible by design. There are more mixed Ethiopians than any ethnic group in that country who are forced to side with either of their parental heritage. The Amharas, as a community, have never been consulted when the system was crafted. Why are you expecting these groups to give blessings to a structure of government and constitution which by design made them outcasts in their won country? All we are saying is let's examine the system and try to find a workable federal arrangement that will equally treat the people it is created to serve. Why is it translated as meaning UNITARY system? In a country where there is democracy, all citizens has to be represented...not a selected few.

Even if we take the current constitution at face and work for its implementation, how does it fare with what you are trying to accomplish? If residents are to be geographically delinted linguistically, why are Addis Abebe under the leadership of Mr Umma? Why are most towns and cities to be led by people who are the minorities in the localities? Or that system should only work in the Amhara killil and the more than 10 Million Amharas living in "oromia' be continue to be invisible? Double standard? hmm..

As for the killings of who everywhere, we know the realities to the very details. Perhaps defensive measures are almost always construed as aggression in the Jawar/OLF/TPLF politics to promote an agenda. It is a systemic campaign against amaharas to annul their rights of existence as promulgated by the TPLF manifesto which is taken as Ethiopian constitution. Otherwise a country that doesn't defend its civilians from beheading by rowdy Qerro and the poisoned spears of jungle dwellers, is a country that needs to evaluate itself and the value its vests on its citizenry.