Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Post Reply
Ejersa
Member
Posts: 1811
Joined: 05 Nov 2019, 10:39

House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by Ejersa » 30 Jul 2020, 14:06


Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+
Posts: 34400
Joined: 30 May 2010, 23:04

Re: House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 30 Jul 2020, 14:39

Ye Ahiya Zer come and stop us, Abiy dogs are illegal themselves, they should go home within a month than Tigray following strictly the constitution we fought to erect, adhere and implement.

Digital Weyane
Member
Posts: 3525
Joined: 19 Jun 2019, 21:45

Re: House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by Digital Weyane » 30 Jul 2020, 14:51

አብዛኛው የዓድዋ ወያኔ ካድሬ (90%) በመረጃ ፎሩም ተሰማርቶ ሱለሚሰራ፣ ሙርጫው ኡዚሁ ፎሩም ቢደረግ ጡሩ ነበር ኡላለሁ።

Axumezana
Member
Posts: 655
Joined: 27 Jan 2020, 23:15

Re: House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by Axumezana » 30 Jul 2020, 14:55

Why is conducting election as per the Constitution illegal unless the House of Federation is triggering a civil war that will consume Ethiopia, divide it into two and make it an easy pray for Egypt, Arabs and a play ground for Jihadists. Behind all the lies he told us recently, I expected Abiy will do this but he is the one he will be facing all the burden of carrying a civil war that is going to be ignited because of his dictatorial actions and marginalizing the
Oromo and Tigray people.

wegri
Member
Posts: 847
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 05:49

Re: House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by wegri » 30 Jul 2020, 15:02

Digital Weyane wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 14:51
አብዛኛው የዓድዋ ወያኔ ካድሬ (90%) በመረጃ ፎሩም ተሰማርቶ ሱለሚሰራ፣ ሙርጫው ኡዚሁ ፎሩም ቢደረግ ጡሩ ነበር ኡላለሁ።
:lol: :lol: ጽቡቕ ሓሳብ፡ ኣብ ክንዲ በእጋሮም ዝፍርሙ፡ በእዳዎም ምፈረሙ። ኣነ ሓሳባትካ ተቐቢለዮ ኣለኹ። :mrgreen:

info
Member
Posts: 3537
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 11:33

Re: House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by info » 30 Jul 2020, 15:50

Axumezana wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 14:55
Why is conducting election as per the Constitution illegal unless the House of Federation is triggering a civil war that will consume Ethiopia, divide it into two and make it an easy pray for Egypt, Arabs and a play ground for Jihadists. Behind all the lies he told us recently, I expected Abiy will do this but he is the one he will be facing all the burden of carrying a civil war that is going to be ignited because of his dictatorial actions and marginalizing the
Oromo and Tigray people.
Because election board is a federal institution and a kilil that is grabbing constitutional federal power is illegal unless the constitution is amended or that kilil has exited the federal arrangement. What is next? Tigray central bank and currency? You can't just grab the power of federal institutions at will and expect the fed to sit and watch. The fed will penalize Tigray in form of e.g. Tigray losing its seats both in the house of federation and the federal parliament, losing federal budgetary support, travel ban on its officials, asset freeze of EFFORT and other companies etc. It doesn't have to be directly war but there will be a severe consequence for undermining a federal institution, that is for sure. In my view Tigray made a big mistake by interpreting the constitution itself rather than taking the issue to the house of federation which has the final say in any constitutional dispute. And let's be honest, TPLF conducting any election is a joke especially while all the real oppositions like Arena are boycotting it. TPLF can only lose with this gamble.


Abere
Member
Posts: 782
Joined: 18 Jul 2019, 20:52

Re: House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by Abere » 30 Jul 2020, 15:56

I think this is a window of hope for TPLF to escape out of trouble. I am kind of suspecting that the recent Shemagle sent by TPLF from Mekele came up with its own ready made exit strategy without further disgracing itself.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+
Posts: 34400
Joined: 30 May 2010, 23:04

Re: House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 30 Jul 2020, 16:03

No party or legal entity to tell any ethnic, all do not have any legal right and Tigray is the only one following the constitution.


Qondaf Amhara, not only electing commission board for election, Kilils have the right to declare independent if they wish. Federal does not have any mandate any kilil to separate from Amhara unless they want force against the constitution but they will be crashed themselves.

info
Member
Posts: 3537
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 11:33

Re: House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by info » 30 Jul 2020, 16:14

Halafi Mengedi wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 16:03
No party or legal entity to tell any ethnic, all do not have any legal right and Tigray is the only one following the constitution.


Qondaf Amhara, not only electing commission board for election, Kilils have the right to declare independent if they wish. Federal does not have any mandate any kilil to separate from Amhara unless they want force against the constitution but they will be crashed themselves.
The federal arrangement says only the fed has the power to hold any election or referendum in the country including local and kebele level. If you don't like this arrangement you can try to change the constitution or you can use article 39 and exit from the federal arrangement. But as long as you are still part of the federal arrangement, you have to abide by the law or face the consequences. It is simple as that. You can't act as a sovereign country one day and the next day line up with other kilils to get your budget from the fed. If you want to be seen as a sovereign country then don't expect the goodies like budget etc. You can't eat your cake and have it too. You have to make up your mind.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+
Posts: 34400
Joined: 30 May 2010, 23:04

Re: House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 30 Jul 2020, 16:25

info wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 16:14
Halafi Mengedi wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 16:03
No party or legal entity to tell any ethnic, all do not have any legal right and Tigray is the only one following the constitution.


Qondaf Amhara, not only electing commission board for election, Kilils have the right to declare independent if they wish. Federal does not have any mandate any kilil to separate from Amhara unless they want force against the constitution but they will be crashed themselves.
The federal arrangement says only the fed has the power to hold any election or referendum in the country including local and kebele level. If you don't like this arrangement you can try to change the constitution or you can use article 39 and exit from the federal arrangement. But as long as you are still part of the federal arrangement, you have to abide by the law or face the consequences. It is simple as that. You can't act as a sovereign country one day and the next day line up with kilils to get your budget from the fed. If you want to be seen as a sovereign country then don't expect the goodies like budget etc. You can't eat your cake and have it too. You have to make up your mind.
Go read the constitution, the so called Leba Ager sheyach Duruye PP is illegal let alone to force any legal matters. There will not be any federal since the constitution stipulated the time we are in is for election an transition for the elected new representatives of the owner of the union Kilils. Amhara is not a federal to mandate anyone the way he used during Menelik after the death of our king. Eritrea is not a federal Amhara to open their mouth now, will not bail you out, you will be crashed withing few days.

Axumezana
Member
Posts: 655
Joined: 27 Jan 2020, 23:15

Re: House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by Axumezana » 30 Jul 2020, 16:35

Unfortunately we are going to witness Ethiopia divided into two. This is a failure of Abiy for illegally establishing PP , illegally postponing the election and creating unholy alliance against Tigray by allowing Isaias to intervene into the internal affairs of the country.


sesame
Member
Posts: 946
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 17:55

Re: House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by sesame » 30 Jul 2020, 16:50

Axumezana wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 16:35
Unfortunately we are going to witness Ethiopia divided into two. This is a failure of Abiy for illegally establishing PP , illegally postponing the election and creating unholy alliance against Tigray by allowing Isaias to intervene into the internal affairs of the country.

Fortunately it it is the TPLF that is already divided. Today, Debretsion is a figure-head who is under the gun of the criminal Getachew Aszefa. Once the people understand what is going on with the thieves, it will be the end of the Weyane thugs!

Hameddibewoyane
Member
Posts: 2497
Joined: 25 Sep 2019, 02:42

Re: House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by Hameddibewoyane » 30 Jul 2020, 17:25

Please wait, video is loading...

info
Member
Posts: 3537
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 11:33

Re: House of Federation warns State of Tigray from holding regional election!

Post by info » 30 Jul 2020, 17:31

Halafi Mengedi wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 16:25

Go read the constitution, the so called Leba Ager sheyach Duruye PP is illegal let alone to force any legal matters. There will not be any federal since the constitution stipulated the time we are in is for election an transition for the elected new representatives of the owner of the union Kilils. Amhara is not a federal to mandate anyone the way he used during Menelik after the death of our king. Eritrea is not a federal Amhara to open their mouth now, will not bail you out, you will be crashed withing few days.
Nothing is illegal in the creation of PP. We can debate this issue if you want. Yes, the constitution says about the time when elections should be held, the constitution also says the government has a responsibility to safeguard the lives of citizens. When two constitutional duties clash (that of election and safeguarding the lives of citizens), only the house of federation has the mandate to decide what to do in this case. Tigray should have sued the government in the house of federation while TPLF kerya was the speaker. Yes, there is dispute both election and safeguarding lives is constitutional duties of the state but when they clash no one should just do at will what it is sees is constitutional but go to the house of federation and ask for verdict. The fed did exactly that but Tigray failed to do that. Now the house of federation is warning Tigray of grave consequences. This could have been avoided if Tigray just went to the house of federation while TPLF kerya was the speaker. But Tigray completely ignored the one organ that has the highest authority when it comes to the constitution.

Post Reply