Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Yakume
Member+

Why do Amharas think they have right to rule others?

Post by Yakume » 27 Jul 2020, 15:52

We know that the current power crisis is because of lack of confidence between Oromos and Maharas who are Habeshas. So why do Amharas think they have right to rule others? In another way, "why do they think that others - specially Oromos - cannot rule the country"? Who can tell them that no single tribe can rule the country and all nations and nationalities of the country have the right to be in Arat Killo?

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Re: Why do Amharas think they have right to rule others?

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 27 Jul 2020, 16:27

Donkey every green grass is hers???

Abere

Post by Abere » 27 Jul 2020, 16:36

Yakume wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 15:52
We know that the current power crisis is because of lack of confidence between Oromos and Maharas who are Habeshas. So why do Amharas think they have right to rule others? In another way, "why do they think that others - specially Oromos - cannot rule the country"? Who can tell them that no single tribe can rule the country and all nations and nationalities of the country have the right to be in Arat Killo?
Why do you reduce the question to your own size and flavor? Let me ask you this. Do you love to be ruled by Machete(ሜንጫ) or we you happy when the Tigre woyane sodomized people like Bekele Geriba? If you don't mid, why do the OLF thugs serve as a donkey for the evil mission of the ኣድጊ ትግሬ ወያኔ?

Yakume
Member+

Post by Yakume » 27 Jul 2020, 17:10

Thank you Abere I am against that. Both TPLF and OLF and their children (QEERROO) should face justice. But remember there is difference between TPLF/OLF and Tigray/Oromo people. This takes us back to the first question "what makes them believe they are smarter than others? What is the key to a healthy relationship between communities"?

Abere

Post by Abere » 27 Jul 2020, 19:56

No problem! It is good that we have common understanding about the danger of OLF and TPLF. But your question "So why do Amharas think they have right to rule others?" does not seem objective to me. You appear to have objective evidences to put forward such a generalization. If you such evidences you don't have to ask rather enlighten the reader why. If it is a research question, this should not be the way the hypothesis be set ethically. If I were to ask, I would start like the following:

"Oromos and Amharas experience the same level of socio-economic and political grievance."

This way a curious mind will set rubrics to see if there exists disparity in all relevant metrics avoiding political rhetoric. You charge the facts to speak for themselves not the emotions.

Yakume
Member+

Post by Yakume » 28 Jul 2020, 13:56

Thank you Abera, I agree with you
"Oromos and Amharas experience the same level of socio-economic and political grievance"
and these two groups need to work together and solve their problems and conflicts. Still waiting for answer about "Why do Amharas think they have right to rule others"? Let the facts speak for themselves, not our emotions.