Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Aurorae

Re: Could Eritrea intervene in Etiyopiya (Ethiopia)?

Post by Aurorae » 12 Jul 2020, 17:12

Yay,

There is a good reason why Eritrea finds itself where it is. Poor and depopulating fast since independence 29 years ago.No more adventures at the expense of the people. Eritreans paid so much only to be squandered by the few. Ethiopia is a big country. It can take care of itself. You can not squash TPLF, it is ingrained deeply in Ethiopian politics. It divided the Oromo people on under Abby's own watch. Election, no telling. By trying to help Abby, you will end up dividing Ethiopians even more. Eritrea fought to be independent of Ethiopia. Didn't it ? TPLF would like to disintegrate Ethiopia. Isayas interference in Ethiopia is just what it needs. Tend for the need of the Eritrean people. Ethiopia is a big girl, it can take care of its own problems. Anyways, I don't believe Abby would allow it.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 12 Jul 2020, 23:05

YOYO,
The Ethiopian people already know through their FREE media that there is no freedom is Eritrea. Who're you trying to fool?
Please wait, video is loading...
YAY wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 15:49
Dear Awash: The discussion is about the security of the peoples of both nations

Securing the freedoms of the Eritrean people and the Etiyopiyan people is working for their safety and peaceful operation of their institutions. The people of Eritrea are supported for their basic needs by the Government of Eritrea and volunteers. Security and lasting peace would be a necessary pre-condition to further socioeconomic development. The Government of Eritrea wishes to do the maximum possible for improving the living standards of the people. However, its efforts were limited by the amount of resources at its disposal because a great portion of Eritrea's resources are being used for defense and security. So, talking about the options of defense, security and peace is part of supporting the people.
Awash wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 03:31

Why not support the Eritrean people

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 13 Jul 2020, 01:03

Asmara

Post by Asmara » 13 Jul 2020, 08:25

Cigar wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 15:10
Eritrea and Ethiopia are two different sovereign countries which signed numerous treaties to help one another and to destroy their common enemy as far as another foreign nation which attacks any one of them.
So, yes Eritrea will intervene and help the friendly Ethiopian govt from domestic or foreign terrorists, sabotagers or foreign attacks.
So some ethiopians or definitely the agames could object it or are against it, but rest assured Eritrea will always intervene in a friendly Ethiopian govt be it PMAA or otherwise.
And Eritrea also believes Ethiopian friendly govt would do so as the treaties it signed.
But the problem both nations have, as we speak is only woyane and destroying woyane doesn't even need the cooperation of both countries. It can be accomplished by either one of us with no causality of both countries or the supposed innocent filthy tegarus.
So, it is advisable that no anti PMAA's Ethiopia or anti PIA's Eritrea, stupid and death wishing entity trys both of them.
Woyane is it now and it will soon be no more but a teaching moment to any other anarchist.
Yes attacking or becoming pain in the as*ses to either one of them will be dealt severely by both of them.
So would be ready to go the front-line to fight off the dirty Agames and support colonel Abiy in the process?
Or better yet, if you have a son/daughter/younger brother or sister able to lift up arms, would you be happy to sacrifice them?
If we could wait for two decades in a no-war no-peace situation, can we not wait for few more years until the Weyanes are
eliminated from the face of the earth by Ethiopians if this means saving Eritrean lives (even a single life)?
Let Ethiopians solve their own problems by themselves.

YAY

Post by YAY » 14 Jul 2020, 01:58

Hi Awash: Do you mean private or free media ?

If you consider Ethio360 (a media entity outside Etiyopiya) as Etiyopiya's free/private media, by the same logic, Eritrea has private/free media, too. But that is not what meant to say, I assume. What did you want to say exactly? I would tell you what my preference is. I would like Eritrea to have free (private or Government) objective and responsible reporters. My greatest concern is when the principal purpose of reporters is money or political partisan.
Awash wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 23:05
YOYO,
The Ethiopian people already know through their FREE media that there is no freedom is Eritrea. Who're you trying to fool?
YAY wrote:

Securing the freedoms of the Eritrean people and the Etiyopiyan people is working for their safety and peaceful operation of their institutions. The people of Eritrea are supported for their basic needs by the Government of Eritrea and volunteers. Security and lasting peace would be a necessary pre-condition to further socioeconomic development. The Government of Eritrea wishes to do the maximum possible for improving the living standards of the people. However, its efforts were limited by the amount of resources at its disposal because a great portion of Eritrea's resources are being used for defense and security. So, talking about the options of defense, security and peace is part of supporting the people.
Awash wrote:

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 14 Jul 2020, 02:36

YAY wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 01:58
Hi Awash: Do you mean private or free media ?

If you consider Ethio360 (a media entity outside Etiyopiya) as Etiyopiya's free/private media, by the same logic, Eritrea has private/free media, too. But that is not what meant to say, I assume. What did you want to say exactly? I would tell you what my preference is. I would like Eritrea to have free (private or Government) objective and responsible reporters. My greatest concern is when the principal purpose of reporters is money or political partisan.
Awash wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 23:05
YOYO,
YAY wrote:

Awash wrote:

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 14 Jul 2020, 03:37

YOYO,
Listen to what the Etiyopyans are saying.

YAY

Post by YAY » 14 Jul 2020, 05:43

Dear Aurora: Something is missing in your post: alternative solutions to Eritrea's problems

Let me go into the details of some of what you said.
1. "There is a good reason why Eritrea finds itself where it is." What would that good reason be?

2. "Poor and depopulating fast since independence 29 years ago."
You are not saying how poor Eritrea is. And you are not suggesting any proposal for making Eritrea wealthier, or stopping or cutting its depopulation rate. I also doubt the accuracy of your 30% to 40% depopulation rate. The largest estimate I've seen is that Eritrean refugees amounted to 507,300 (2018). https://eritreanrefugees.org/refugee-stats . Proportions I often see are around 10%.

3. "No more adventures at the expense of the people."
I don't know what adventures you are talking about, and by whom and for what purpose, and at the expense of the Eritrean people. To the best of my knowledge, it was TPLF-Etiyopiya (and not EPRDF) that initiated the 1998-2000 war and the Eritrean Government had to mobilize the people in defense of our national freedom and the people's protection. Please watch the video, at least starting at 18 min.:
That is for the general best interests of Eritrea, and was not at the expense of the people (which means "so as to cause harm to the people"). Of course, some individuals do get harmed in war, but the people as a whole unit, maintained the independence of the country, and that is good. It was also only the TPLF that opposed the 2018 Etiyo-Eritrean peace (by raising its long held procedural stance: "talks before demarcation", whatever that means).

4. "Eritreans paid so much only to be squandered by the few."
True, Eritreans have paid and are paying so much (some for the common cause, and some for personal causes). Please check: https://helprefugees.org/why-are-so-man ... g-eritrea/ We paid so much because the cost was necessary for our common freedom, and we did not know of other best choices available to us. A few led both the successful struggle for and defending national independence because that is the best method of leadership that is effective during war everywhere you go, even back to ancient history. But I don't understand why you say the people's sacrifices were squandered? Honestly speaking, I have not witnessed "the few" get any personal gains by holding leadership. Setting up a constitutional republic (or people's government) has been delayed/challenged, but certainly the people's sacrifices were not wasted.

5. "Ethiopia is a big country. It can take care of itself."
I hope it does, but one never could be certain, and it is better to imagine of potential scenarios. The Roman empire, the Ottoman Turkish empire, the Austro-Hungarian empire, the Byzantine empire, the Aksumite kingdom, the USSR, Yugoslavia, etc. exist no more. And if it can take care of itself, then there is no worry for friendly Eritrea. If Etiyopiya absolutely needs Eritrea's assistance and if Eritrea finds it necessary, the question I tried to answer was: could Eritrea legally intervene in Etiyopiya? My finding is that it could through invited intervention.

6. " You can not squash TPLF, it is ingrained deeply in Ethiopian politics."
I beg to disagree with your conclusion. I think TPLF's image is negatively etched in the minds of many Etiyopiyans. I personally cannot squash TPLF. PM Hailemariam Desalegn has once said that TPLF-EPRDF cannot be defeated by its enemies (because it organized "the people" in 5:1 control cells and its ideological line was both developmental and revolutionary democracy and multi-ethnic federalism). Many thought that TPLF could manipulate Etiyopiyan politics forever, but even the "federalst forces" (its supposedly loyal partners) have abandoned it. TPLF's power and influence had been spiraling down ever since April 2018. Even its future dominance in Tigraiy is now uncertain. TPLF is hiding behind a claim that Tigrawian are not safe outside Tigraiy, and Tigraiy is encircled by enemies, and scaring Tigrawian. Eritrea has no intention of necessarily squashing TPLF or invading Tigraiy, a kellil within the friendly Etiyopiyan Federation, but to consolidate peace and cooperation with the Federation.

7. "It [TPLF] divided the Oromo people ..[while] under Abby's own watch. Election, no telling. By trying to help Abby, you will end up dividing Ethiopians even more."
It seems a fact in history that the Oromo had no political unity. They had various principalities but seems that they never had one State or monarchy to unite them. Different groups own differing visions for Oromiyya or the Oromo people. Abiy & Co. needs to do more political campaigns and law enforcement to succeed, but seems to be superior in number than its adversaries.

8." Eritrea fought to be independent of Ethiopia. Didn't it ? TPLF would like to disintegrate Ethiopia. Isayas interference in Ethiopia is just what it needs. Tend for the need of the Eritrean people."
Yes, Eritrea fought for national independence. It must also defend and maintain that freedom, as well as create peaceful environment for political and socioeconomic development; and that is, in my opinion, what tending the needs and best interests of the Eritrean people means.

Aurorae wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 17:12
Yay,

There is a good reason why Eritrea finds itself where it is. Poor and depopulating fast since independence 29 years ago.No more adventures at the expense of the people. Eritreans paid so much only to be squandered by the few. Ethiopia is a big country. It can take care of itself. You can not squash TPLF, it is ingrained deeply in Ethiopian politics. It divided the Oromo people on under Abby's own watch. Election, no telling. By trying to help Abby, you will end up dividing Ethiopians even more. Eritrea fought to be independent of Ethiopia. Didn't it ? TPLF would like to disintegrate Ethiopia. Isayas interference in Ethiopia is just what it needs. Tend for the need of the Eritrean people. Ethiopia is a big girl, it can take care of its own problems. Anyways, I don't believe Abby would allow it.

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 14 Jul 2020, 10:50

Yay,

I have to give it to you. You are the hardest working man on this forum. You try to justify the unjustifiable :lol: . The whole world is a witness on how the Eritrean people have been wronged and continue to be wronged by self-appointed government for the last 29 years after the ultimate sacrifices of their own saint like children to liberate Eritrea. . What I told you is unfolding in front of your eyes. If Eritrea meddles in Ethiopian affairs, All Ethiopian guns will point to Eritrea. Eritrea is the scape goat. Leave them alone and find a solution of their own choosing. The weyanes are Ethiopians. Destructive or not, they will play a role in what happens during the election. If that is positive or negative, the Ethiopian people will decide. BTW, google the ten poorest countries of the world, you will find Eritrea there. I have been generous on that one. It is very painful to me, to witness the suffering of my people, the Eritrean people whom I love very dearly.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 14 Jul 2020, 11:45

YAY

Post by YAY » 17 Jul 2020, 04:02

Dear Awash: Etiyopiya and Eritrea need lasting peace

Ethnic tensions and anxiety seem to be very high right now in Etiyopiya, especially in Oromiyya and Tigraiy. Money and political opportunity hunters are also trying to gain the most out of it. Examples that you posted are not different. People like these are assuming that the 2018 Etiyo-Eritrean peace would not bring lasting peace in the two countries. They tend to think that the two governments would go to war against TPLF to end the ethnic tensions in Etiyopiya. I don't see any indications that the two governments are going to go to war to squash TPLF. If they had such a desire, they would not have waited for two years. That tells me that they have no intentions of going to war with anybody but maintain peace and order. Ethnic conflicts are very hard to manage and they cannot be resolved by war.

On the contrary the top TPLF leaders are reportedly scared and "disturbing" the people of Tigraiy wanting to fight their "last war" against forces they imagine are encircling them. I want you to watch what a member of the Rayya Oromumma Party says about situations in Tigraiy, as of July 16, 2020 starting at 25 min. of the video:

I think the Federal Government of Etiyopiya should reach out to the people of Tigraiy and help the political organizations in Tigraiy, that are discriminated, or condemned as sell-outs, by the TPLF what peaceful steps it plans to do and let them also pass the same information to the people. For example, the people of Tigraiy should know that their ethnic freedoms shall be respected fully and that the Federal Government would not infringe on their Constitutional rights, but would plan to enforce Federal laws and regulations and it needs their understanding and cooperation, and have good ears to their opinions.

I also think that the Federal Government should continuously campaign that it plans to let any people-group---especially in areas where obvious and strong emotional outbursts are expressed like in Oromiyya---enjoy its Constitutional rights (including those related to security, law courts, elections, self-rule, national defense, foreign relations, national unity, referendum, equality under the law, negotiable matters, etc.). Security forces also need to organize the people for self-defense against mob attacks until authorized forces show up. The ruling party should seek the cooperation of all registered political parties to educate their members how law and order must be maintained, and that the rights of any person or group ends at the point where the rights of others begins.

We want all human, democratic and political rights be respected and practiced in Eritrea, too; but it is my personal opinion that these rights could be developed, respected and enjoyed when the required peace and stability exists. Republican democracy demands the existence of secured circumstances for it to flourish. I urge every Eritrean to work for general stability in Eritrea and the consolidation of the Etiyo-Eritrean peace.

Awash wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 11:45

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 17 Jul 2020, 04:52

World Report 2020: Eritrea

For two decades, President Isaias Afewerki of Eritrea used the absence of peace with Ethiopia to justify authoritarianism. The July 2018 peace agreement between the two countries, which ended Eritrea’s diplomatic isolation, have not, as hoped, ushered in an era of respect for human rights in one of the world’s most repressive nations.

The government continued to conscript Eritreans indefinitely into the military or civil service for low pay, with no say in their profession or work location, and often under abusive conditions. The government continued to detain scores of Eritreans without trial, in extremely punitive conditions, and often incommunicado. There is no evidence that the habeas corpus provisions of the new penal code have been implemented.

There was no opening up of civil society space during the year. Independent media outlets inside Eritrea have been shut down since 2001. The government has not scheduled elections or implemented the 1997 constitution guaranteeing civil rights and including limits on executive power. The government nationalized religious schools and closed Catholic health facilities...

https://www.ecoi.net/en/document/202267 ... 1i3X3NwsEs
Last edited by Awash on 17 Jul 2020, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.

YAY

Post by YAY » 17 Jul 2020, 05:04

Dear Aurora: Are you trying to unjustify the justifiable?

All Etiyopiyan guns were against Eritrea when Etiyopiya was under TPLF's dominant rule. Now the two countries have signed a peace deal. Etiyopiya's Federal Government is a peace partner with Eritrea's Government. No major group in Etiyopiya has so far been against that peace deal except TPLF. And until now the TPLF has not stopped interfering in Eritrean affairs by inviting and assisting Eritrean groups to destabilize the country. The Government of Eritrea has long restrained itself from any military operations in Tigraiy, and does not want to interfere militarily in Etiyopiya.

My question is related to the 2018 peace deal, which includes that the two countries agree on military cooperation, and that cooperation could be defined broadly. If the Federal Government asks Eritrea for military assistance, and Eritrea believes it should, would such Eritrean decision be permitted by international law? First, you argued that the UN Charter does not permit it. I argued that the UN Charter permits invited interference. Now you are against such an Eritrean interference by claiming that all Etiyopiyan guns will be pointed against Eritrea if it did. Your argument is unreasonable because, at least, the Etiyopiyan guns of the Federal Government and its supporters would not be against Eritrea while they are working together. A potentially absolute necessity for interference is rationally justifiable. Are you trying to unjustify the justifiable?

Aurorae wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 10:50
Yay,

I have to give it to you. You are the hardest working man on this forum. You try to justify the unjustifiable :lol: . The whole world is a witness on how the Eritrean people have been wronged and continue to be wronged by self-appointed government for the last 29 years after the ultimate sacrifices of their own saint like children to liberate Eritrea. . What I told you is unfolding in front of your eyes. If Eritrea meddles in Ethiopian affairs, All Ethiopian guns will point to Eritrea. Eritrea is the scape goat. Leave them alone and find a solution of their own choosing. The weyanes are Ethiopians. Destructive or not, they will play a role in what happens during the election. If that is positive or negative, the Ethiopian people will decide. BTW, google the ten poorest countries of the world, you will find Eritrea there. I have been generous on that one. It is very painful to me, to witness the suffering of my people, the Eritrean people whom I love very dearly.