Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Post Reply
QB
Member
Posts: 1049
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 15:14

(Bloomberg) Eritrea Says Prize-Winning Ethiopian Peace-Pact Is Falling Short

Post by QB » 11 Jul 2020, 10:58

A treaty that earned Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed a Nobel Peace Prize in 2019 is failing to meet the expectations of neighboring Eritrea.

“Two years after the signing of the Peace Agreement, Ethiopian troops continue to be present in our sovereign territories,” Eritrea’s Ministry of Information said on its website on Saturday. “Trade and economic ties of both countries have not resumed to the desired extent or scale.”

A spokeswoman for Abiy didn’t immediately respond to a text message seeking comment.

The accord between Ethiopia and Eritrea ended a stalemate that followed after a 1998 to 2000 border war in which as many as 100,000 people died. Following the peace deal, the United Nations lifted decade-old sanctions on Eritrea. This week, the U.S. Treasury lifted sanctions on the country’s presidential adviser, Yemane Ghebreab.

“The Eritrea-Ethiopia peace process is treading along in a complex domestic, regional and international climate that is fraught with risks and threats,” Eritrea said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/arti ... 2OyXgFqCSg

Fed_Up
Senior Member
Posts: 15957
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 10:50

Re: (Bloomberg) Eritrea Says Prize-Winning Ethiopian Peace-Pact Is Falling Short

Post by Fed_Up » 11 Jul 2020, 11:04

And the writer name is:

By Samuel Gebre
July 11, 2020, 6:53 AM EDT

He hehehehe neger enda agamieee :P

Cigar
Member+
Posts: 8540
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 00:03

Re: (Bloomberg) Eritrea Says Prize-Winning Ethiopian Peace-Pact Is Falling Short

Post by Cigar » 11 Jul 2020, 11:18

Coward and filthy agames are incapable of reading between the fine lines.
Eritrea and ethiopia are in a very good term and are hell bend to destroy woyane.
Now, if any agame believes that PIA is frustrated by PMAA inactions about the delay of woyane's vacating Eritrean territories, and don't concider that both leaders agreed on the message of PIA to warn woyane got to be a damn rat.
PIA or PMAA are not going to jeopardize the relationship between the two countries. What ever Eritrea or Ethiopia says concerning woyanes are in coordination of both leaders.
So, woyane needs to comply with what both countries say individually, for the warnings are coming in coordination of both embassies.
These two leaders are very determined to bury woyane before the end of 2020 even if it is at a minal cost to their own countries.
The future lasting peace weighs much more than temporary hiccups of both nations.
So the miscalculations of woyane and its supporters assumption of both the leaders are conflicting each other will only kill woyane and its supporters in their sleep.
Agames comply with any warning or message which come from either of them for your snotty little agames sake ASAP.
Game is over.

Awash
Senior Member+
Posts: 28956
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 00:35

Re: (Bloomberg) Eritrea Says Prize-Winning Ethiopian Peace-Pact Is Falling Short

Post by Awash » 11 Jul 2020, 12:01

TChiger and fandiya,
Isn't the Agame Charlie saying the same thing? Fessfass Agame
Please wait, video is loading...

Awash
Senior Member+
Posts: 28956
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 00:35

Re: (Bloomberg) Eritrea Says Prize-Winning Ethiopian Peace-Pact Is Falling Short

Post by Awash » 11 Jul 2020, 12:11

:lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Listen to these Agame
Please wait, video is loading...

Dawi
Member
Posts: 3414
Joined: 30 Aug 2016, 03:47

Re: (Bloomberg) Eritrea Says Prize-Winning Ethiopian Peace-Pact Is Falling Short

Post by Dawi » 11 Jul 2020, 12:22

This is a code word/statement by Yemane supporting Fenkel! :cry:

Abiy's spokesman is quietly looking at the state of alert if any troop movements follows?

When will TPLF call for additional federal troops to protect the border?

Abiy is ready to send them now. :P
QB wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 10:58
A treaty that earned Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed a Nobel Peace Prize in 2019 is failing to meet the expectations of neighboring Eritrea.

“Two years after the signing of the Peace Agreement, Ethiopian troops continue to be present in our sovereign territories,” Eritrea’s Ministry of Information said on its website on Saturday. “Trade and economic ties of both countries have not resumed to the desired extent or scale.”

A spokeswoman for Abiy didn’t immediately respond to a text message seeking comment.

The accord between Ethiopia and Eritrea ended a stalemate that followed after a 1998 to 2000 border war in which as many as 100,000 people died. Following the peace deal, the United Nations lifted decade-old sanctions on Eritrea. This week, the U.S. Treasury lifted sanctions on the country’s presidential adviser, Yemane Ghebreab.

“The Eritrea-Ethiopia peace process is treading along in a complex domestic, regional and international climate that is fraught with risks and threats,” Eritrea said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/arti ... 2OyXgFqCSg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Member
Posts: 1474
Joined: 11 Jan 2020, 21:22

Re: (Bloomberg) Eritrea Says Prize-Winning Ethiopian Peace-Pact Is Falling Short

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » 11 Jul 2020, 12:48

Who is the agame writer Samuel Gebru? :lol: :lol: :lol:


Awash
Senior Member+
Posts: 28956
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 00:35

Re: (Bloomberg) Eritrea Says Prize-Winning Ethiopian Peace-Pact Is Falling Short

Post by Awash » 11 Jul 2020, 14:53

Please wait, video is loading...

tlel
Member
Posts: 1497
Joined: 28 Dec 2019, 14:24

Re: (Bloomberg) Eritrea Says Prize-Winning Ethiopian Peace-Pact Is Falling Short

Post by tlel » 11 Jul 2020, 14:59

Interesting, you can see the alliance from foreigners here. The expectation shabia given from its masters is to help disintegrate ethiopia so that they can control Nile. The refusal of Ethiopian govt for this are being punished therefore attack against Ethiopia will continue. Once again, Shabia/tplf in alliance. It seems there is something foreigners want but they are more in communication code words with golf and Shabia. It sure is not good for Ethiopia or its govetnment


Awash
Senior Member+
Posts: 28956
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 00:35

Re: (Bloomberg) Eritrea Says Prize-Winning Ethiopian Peace-Pact Is Falling Short

Post by Awash » 11 Jul 2020, 15:43

Please wait, video is loading...


Temt
Member
Posts: 2670
Joined: 04 Jun 2013, 22:23

Re: (Bloomberg) Eritrea Says Prize-Winning Ethiopian Peace-Pact Is Falling Short

Post by Temt » 11 Jul 2020, 17:33

tlel wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 14:59
Interesting, you can see the alliance from foreigners here. The expectation shabia given from its masters is to help disintegrate ethiopia so that they can control Nile. The refusal of Ethiopian govt for this are being punished therefore attack against Ethiopia will continue. Once again, Shabia/tplf in alliance. It seems there is something foreigners want but they are more in communication code words with golf and Shabia. It sure is not good for Ethiopia or its govetnment
RU that stupid ደንቆሮ ርእሲ እምኒ፧


Dawi
Member
Posts: 3414
Joined: 30 Aug 2016, 03:47

Re: (Bloomberg) Eritrea Says Prize-Winning Ethiopian Peace-Pact Is Falling Short

Post by Dawi » 11 Jul 2020, 18:10

Awash wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 15:43
Please wait, video is loading...

Awash,

If TPLF and OLF are strategic allies, Isaias/EPLF & Abiy/p2 have no choice but, end up becoming strategic allies.

I never imagined for such things to happen; from what I see, Eritrean opposition is weak and the so called Oromo diaspora as in the demonstration look like the Ethiopian opposition fresh in the 1990s; with no or very little passion notwithstanding the theatrics.

It's interesting times!

The diametrically opposed forces are starting to show acceleration towards the finishing line.

p2 took time to expose the intentions of the extremists Oromos to the public with considerable cost to the country's existence. Ethiopians were hurt in the process but, now the time has arrived to crack down on the extremists. Note that Abiy/p2 have not even started mobilizing non Oromo citizens particularly the Amhara, to fight the mayhem caused by the extremists.

The Demonstration video you posted clearly show the Opposing Lines.

Which side are you going to be on?

Awash
Senior Member+
Posts: 28956
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 00:35

Re: (Bloomberg) Eritrea Says Prize-Winning Ethiopian Peace-Pact Is Falling Short

Post by Awash » 11 Jul 2020, 19:59

Dawi wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 18:10
Awash wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 15:43
Please wait, video is loading...

Awash,

If TPLF and OLF are strategic allies, Isaias/EPLF & Abiy/p2 have no choice but, end up becoming strategic allies.

I never imagined for such things to happen; from what I see, Eritrean opposition is weak and the so called Oromo diaspora as in the demonstration look like the Ethiopian opposition fresh in the 1990s; with no or very little passion notwithstanding the theatrics.

It's interesting times!

The diametrically opposed forces are starting to show acceleration towards the finishing line.

p2 took time to expose the intentions of the extremists Oromos to the public with considerable cost to the country's existence. Ethiopians were hurt in the process but, now the time has arrived to crack down on the extremists. Note that Abiy/p2 have not even started mobilizing non Oromo citizens particularly the Amhara, to fight the mayhem caused by the extremists.

The Demonstration video you posted clearly show the Opposing Lines.

Which side are you going to be on?
You're entitled to your opinion. And, in my opinion, the unholy alliance of the totalitarian savage with the born-again Abiy has driven the Oromo to assert themselves and defend their constitutional federal rights they have come to enjoy. This has pushed them to see eye to eye with their former nemesis, making them appreciate the federalism created by weyane.
The problem for Abiy is that his power base has now become the tyrannical Issias regime and the Greater Ethiopia nefTegna. I don't know about you but this doesn't seem like a winning coalition.
Issu only cares about his regimes survival as we have witnessed over the years with the Eritrean people suffering unimaginable oppression and underdevelopment aka poverty. He then will retreat back to his stronghold if Ethiopia is in shambles. He only wants weyane weakened so as not to threaten his regime. The tyrant enjoyes and can't live without crisis and will creat one to hold on to power

Post Reply