Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Gash

Flash Back: This was what I said 10months ago... and time proved me right

Post by Gash » 04 Jul 2020, 20:41

About 10 months ago, I posted the following thread and recent events proved me right. And now, my unsolicited advice to Dr. Abiy is, to keep using an iron fist to surgically remove ethnic politics, the cancer that is eating Ethiopia, out of the Ethiopian political body. He also have to start working with foreign governments and tech companies to hunt down and block all those who are promoting hate, genocide and terrorism from diaspora.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=197176

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Re: Flash Back: This was what I said 10months ago..a and time proved me right

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 04 Jul 2020, 20:55

Gash wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 20:41
About 10 months ago, I posted the following thread and recent events proved me right. And now, my unsolicited advice to Dr. Abiy is, to keep using an iron fist to surgically remove ethnic politics, the cancer that is eating Ethiopia, out of the Ethiopian political body. He also have to start working with foreign governments and tech companies to hunt down and block all those who are promoting hate, genocide and terrorism from diaspora.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=197176
You proved us that you are Derg 2.0 savage criminal and will be dealt like Derg 1.0 soon.

abel qael

Re: Flash Back: This was what I said 10months ago... and time proved me right

Post by abel qael » 04 Jul 2020, 21:02

Gi'matam, kintarotam, fi'nafint hamasenay subhuman: talk is cheap, and as it is evident, you are even cheaper than this cheapest talk in history.
And this cheap talk comes from citizen of the former amharu colony that was freed thanks to gallant weyanes? Shame on you!
Come back with your other nicks so you do not have to li'ck on Meshrefet anu'zz like you did above.

Gash

Post by Gash » 04 Jul 2020, 21:08

Abaq qondaf,

Next stop is Meqele - mark my word!

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 04 Jul 2020, 21:10

After that is Aseb?

Gash

Post by Gash » 04 Jul 2020, 21:22

eden wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 21:10
After that is Aseb?
You are wrong Lawlanderu, as you have been all those past years I have known you on this forum. After the cancer is removed, it will be the beginning of a new Era of healing... where brotherhood, cooperation and economic development aka ብልጽግና are the hallmark that guide the relationship between all the countries and people of our region.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 04 Jul 2020, 21:31

You sound Mengistu himself Gashe lol

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 04 Jul 2020, 21:37

eden wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 21:10
After that is Aseb?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

When your thugs were in power and threatening our very existence, here is the brilliant General Sebhat's prediction perhaps a decade prior to your defeat.......Remember, unlike your Mekelle 'University' 'intellectualls', his objective analysis is based on lived experience, not on what feels good on paper or abstract!

Last edited by quindibu on 04 Jul 2020, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

Gash

Post by Gash » 04 Jul 2020, 21:45

eden wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 21:31
Make no mistake Lowlanderu, Mengistu was a thousand times better than Woyane. You guys have turned Ethiopia into a primitive ethnic enclaves where people only think in line of their ethnic group like animals. You are the epitomes of backwardness.

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 04 Jul 2020, 22:13

Gash,

To some degree you were right. However, what shall Dr. Abbiy do ? It is a lot trickier than sending some of the personalities to prison unless he wants to run the country like Mengistu did. In that case, he may not live to see his coming birthday. But, that is not D. Abbiy. Ethnic federalism is like a poison. It is like having ten independent nations who hate each other under one weak central government or ten uncanny wives who want to butcher or poison the man of the house. :lol: The Weyanes are pissed off. They are also well armed. They are doing anything to spoil it for him. Civil war looks like more likely. Guys like Beqele Gerba, Jawar and Dawit are looked as the guardians of Oromo self-determinants much more than Abbiy himself. Weyane is exploiting that. Then you have the amhara politicians who want to discard ethnic federalism altogether. Election is coming. What is it going to look like. Abbiy may not win it at all. Abbiy can not play Isayas. Ethiopia is not Eritrea. It is much dangerous and complex place. He really has an unenviable position.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 04 Jul 2020, 22:40

Gash wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 21:45
eden wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 21:31
Mengistu was a thousand times better than Woyane.
Are we then admitting we allied with our enemy against our friend for decades?

Gash

Post by Gash » 04 Jul 2020, 22:59

Aurora,

You have described the current state of Ethiopia elquantly and identified the problem perfectly. However, your analysis have come short of any remedy to the problem. In my opinion, as long as Dr. Abiy have the support of big portion the Ethiopian people, and the international community on his side, he can crush all possible adversaries with minimum damage. There are so many examples around the world that show this approach works. The only requirement is that he should start opening the political space immediately after step by step toward full democratization. Otherwise his power won't be sustainable. So, I don't see any other way out of this quagmire other than force.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 04 Jul 2020, 23:08

Gash wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 22:59
as long as Dr. Abiy have the support of big portion the Ethiopian people
He doesn't. That's the whole point. He avoided election for that very reason. If he had support, he would use the election and get the MANDATE to implement his policy against the ethnic based system. That's why he playing Mengistu. If force didn't work for Menge, it is not going to work for him. My suggestion is talk instead of jailing like Isayas, killing a generation
Last edited by eden on 04 Jul 2020, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 04 Jul 2020, 23:12

eden wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 22:40

Are we then admitting we allied with our enemy against our friend for decades?
I would be lying if I said I'm not enjoying your hyperactivity, emanated from your fear of what is coming your way, on this site since Hacchalu's death. As such, it would be dishonest of me if I say to you: Take a break since your fate is not sealed yet!

Like General Sebhat Ephrem said it more than a decade ago: ወያነስ ምስ ኤርትራ ተባኢሳ ናበይ? I guess, it has been answered or do yous still think it's a moot issue? :P

Gash

Post by Gash » 04 Jul 2020, 23:17

Lowlanderu, you know what? Your idol the evil midget Zenawi was a street smart exactly like you. He used to think his wicked cleverness and dishonest twisted logic was a political genius. But that didn't serve him well at the end.
Coming back to you, I didn't say Mengistu was good, I said he was better than Woyane - period. And I was only speaking in the context of Ethiopia, not Eritrea. So keep that stupid question to yourself.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 04 Jul 2020, 23:23

Gashe I didn't misunderstand what you said but you misunderstood mine. Abiy is Mengistu 2.0

If we work with Abiy, then why were we fighting Mengistu to begin with?

Gash

Post by Gash » 04 Jul 2020, 23:28

eden wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 23:08
Gash wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 22:59
as long as Dr. Abiy have the support of big portion the Ethiopian people
He doesn't. That's the whole point. He avoided election for that very reason. If he had support, he would use the election and get the MANDATE to implement his policy against the ethnic based system. That's why he playing Mengistu. If force didn't work for Menge, it is not going to work for him. My suggestion is talk instead of jailing like Isayas, killing a generation
Lowlanderu, arguing with Woyane cadres is like running a vicious circle. If election was to be held today, Dr. Aby would win all day long and twice on Sunday. You can take that to the bank!