Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Lakeshore

I am starting to dought the motive and compitence of Abyi Ahemed

Post by Lakeshore » 03 Jul 2020, 19:57

We have heard the same bravado for the past two years. We were patient and gave him ample time for Abyi to organize and strengthen the long arm of the law. what did he say today in the parliament that is different than the past two years? In my opinion nothing nada. He was talking the same thing in different ways. He and all Ethiopian peoples now what and who is the problem. The main problem is TPLF from the legal perspective and also from an administrative point of view. How can a government allow another rogue criminal group to hold hostage of its people and claim to be the government of the country?

The main function of a government is to uphold the law equally across the country it governs and protects its citizens at any coast. Since citizens are legally bound to pay their taxes for the protection and other services and the government should do its part accordingly. If a citizen didn't pay his tax he/she will be prosecuted and if the government fails to do that then it is a failed government the legal contract is broken and citizens are obliged to protect themselves, their families, and their property and they shouldn't pay any tax and ruled by that government. This is the current situation in Ethiopia.

For instance, if a criminal take a person hostage the government sends a force to control the situation and start the negotiation and through the process, it might fulfil some of the criminal's demand if it is reasonable like food and medicine in order to protect the hostage from any kind of injury. At the same time, special forces buy time and prepare to raid the hostage-taker if the negotiation failed. TPLF is in the same scenario. They took the Tigree people hostages. Let us say Abyi is negotiating till now. During the negotiation, he is still giving the budget our taxpayers money to the criminal hostage-takers. Not only that but allow them to spread propaganda and at last, as we witnessed another attack from the same hostage-takers.

When is the time to move to raid the hostage-takers and apprehend them? Now it makes me question the intelligence and motives of Abyi for waiting and not apprehending the criminal TPLF. He is responsible for every blood spelled by these and other copy cat criminals like OLF, OFECO. Querro because of his inaction. It will put in question the moral ground to arrest Jawar and Geriba while the more potent criminals are sitting in Mekelle with the budget from the government but arrest the petty criminals who killed a person or alleged to make a hate speech. These kinds of selective law enforcement are not justice.

I do not understand the justification of Abyi except fear or incompetence. If he is the leader of Ethiopia the people who live in Tigray also have a write to be protected under the Ethiopian law from the TPLF criminals. Abyi is proved to be incompetent or doesn't care for people of Tigrea if they are held, hostages or doesn't know how to lead. Before I thought it was a strategy to reduce casualty and also to give time to some uneducated, young, confused Tigreans to realize that TPLF is not the future for them. But know I am starting to dought that because justice delayed is justice denied.

abel qael

Re: I am starting to dought the motive and compitence of Abyi Ahemed

Post by abel qael » 03 Jul 2020, 20:13

qizenam budagoji adefam mesraqbetraq, meshrefet pp is doing just fine in that regard, he is intentionally making you miss paxis Tigreanica.

Maxi
Member+

Post by Maxi » 03 Jul 2020, 20:29

Abiy Ahmed is very weak and incapable leader. How can he chair his cabinet ministers wearing his military uniform as as if he is chairing Ethiopian Generals and as if Ethiopia is at all out war in all fronts.

Abiy Ahimed is like a weak husband who beats his wife as soon as he comes home as revenge for being beaten outside by other men. Abiy Ahmed can not set his feet in Tigray and jail any of the TPLF officials and criminals because Tigray is out of his hand and out of his control. Abiy wants to be seen as a "strong man" by jailing innocent and defenseless Amhara political leaders like Eskender Nega and Engineer Yilekal and others.

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 03 Jul 2020, 23:24

by sesame » Today, 19:55

His problem is that he is terrified that if he starts to use the stick, then he will end up like Mengistu. What he doesn't realize is that his inaction is the main reason for the chaos. As they say, "power abhors a vacuum." That means, if the government is too weak, that is, there is power vacuum, then mafia-like organizations like the TPLF and demagogic individuals like Jawar, will attempt to fill the vacuum. Abiy should realize that there cannot be two centres of power in a nation. That is a recipe for disaster. The first duty of a government is to make sure that no individual or group is above the law. What where the security forces doing when hooligans attempted to hijack the corpse of Hachalu.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 03 Jul 2020, 23:45

I don't think so. The fact that he is not engaged militarily with TPLF is a wise move.

Abiye does not have a unified popular base, nor does he have a unified organs of power. He is sitting on a fractured ethnic grouping both societally and militarily. Leave alone his popular base in Tigre, Amara and South, he does not even have a unified Oromo popular support.

Abiye problem is ethnicity and ethnocratc system of government. Until he abandons ethnic ideology and mobilize the people outside of ethnic political framework, he will remain a governor of chaos, not order.

In Ethiopia, the center of order, the only stable organizing principle is the idea of Ethiopia. Practically, they know that to be their only way out and modus operandi but ideologically their they stuck in their own root - ethnicity.

The only good thing is the physics of power. TPLF or Jawar can't be in the same political seat while Abiye is sitting on it. Ergo: Abiye will eliminate those who are trying to remove him. These forces lost the 3rd time and I predict this will be the last one.

Will PP or Abiye get out of the ethnic box? That remains to be seen!