Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Sam Ebalalehu

Re: ፕሮፌሰር መረራ ለጠቅላዩ፡ ልጄ አትሳሳት፣ ግፋ በለው - ውጋ በለው የሚሉትን አትስማ [ለመንጌም አልበጀም]

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 03 Jul 2020, 11:58

Well, I have a different take. This is crucial time. This is the best opportunity Abiy was handed over to bury the wishes of those who want to destabilize Ethiopia. The great majority of Ethiopians are and will be behind him. Those who sow hatred among Ethiopians have been handled with hand gloves for long time. It is time to be serious. As for the comparison of Abiy with Mengistu, I say it is laughable. As for Merrara’s political wisdom , it just evaporated to thin air if he had had one to begin with. Ethnic politics is dangerous : it minimizes the potential brain power of those even who have much neurons than the average Joe. Merrara is a good example. It is difficult to separate him from a simple TPLF cadres. He echoes slogans like them.
If you ask me his influence of Ethiopian politics is diminishing as time goes by.

Abdisa
Member+

Post by Abdisa » 03 Jul 2020, 12:30

Dr Merera Gudina said TPLF agents killed 3 Oromo civilians in a terrorist bombing in Addis Ababa.

Here's what Dr. Merera Gudina told the US embassy in Ethiopia about TPLF's terrorist bombing in Addis Ababa that killed 3 innocent Oromo men. Dr Merera has reacted to Hachalu Hundessa's murder by saying "here we go again!"

Wikileaks Cable:
On September 20, Dr. Merera Gudina (strictly protect),
the former leader of the ONC (and a typically reliable
information source), contacted Post to report that the
deceased had not died not while constructing a bomb, but
rather at the hands of TPLF cadres. Dr. Merera said that the
men had been picked up by police a week prior, kept in
detention and tortured. He said police then left the men in
a house and detonated explosives nearby, killing 3 of them.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 03 Jul 2020, 16:01

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 11:58
This is crucial time. This is the best opportunity Abiy was handed over to bury the wishes of those who want to destabilize Ethiopia. The great majority of Ethiopians are and will be behind him. Those who sow hatred among Ethiopians have been handled with hand gloves for long time. It is time to be serious.
Sam you probably said the samething about Menge a million times lol

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 03 Jul 2020, 16:43

No, I was a proud EPRP youth league member. My politics was way away from Mengistu’s. He Many of my friends had died because of him. A great number of us , including me, were in prison. We have no love to Mengistu. But we hate ethnic politics with the same vigor that we hated Mengistu’s politics. Mengistu chased us from Addis and many Ethiopian cities. TPLF from Tigray, saying EPRP was an Amhara partly . To all its fault there is no party to this day a party that is Ethiopian in its composition like EPRP.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 03 Jul 2020, 17:45

The PM has no option but to get to the bottom of the problem and try to solve it once and for all. It is either now or he will go down as the very short time Pm in the history of the country. TPLF is now shoked to the core ..and a decisive blow should be delivered to knock em out.

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 03 Jul 2020, 18:33

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 17:45
The PM has no option but to get to the bottom of the problem and try to solve it once and for all. It is either now or he will go down as the very short time Pm in the history of the country. TPLF is now shoked to the core ..and a decisive blow should be delivered to knock em out.

Amen to that, brother and the sooner, the better. But first, start with budget, electric, bank service, flights and other services control....If this is done for a months successfully, the federal government might not need to dispatch army to apprehend the coward TPLF goons. The people of Tigray might eat them alive before the federal army even gets there.....

Victory to Fenqil Movement!!!

Dedebit is always dedeb
R.I.P Abay Tigray and TPLF

Abere

Post by Abere » 03 Jul 2020, 18:39

I guess Merara is scared more for himself than for Ethiopia. He sheltered sworn terrorists and he is among the tribal lords exploiting tribal violence as a ladder to cheap fame. He spent all his life doing nothing and I don't think he has ever been sincere about seeing Ethiopia on the right track. He is just one good for nothing lord of tribal violence.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 04 Jul 2020, 10:58

Abere

Merera is considered moderate and reasonable. You see you judge him based on his record. You fanatics used to call for his release, remember?

When the PM goes to war in Wolega, it was Bekele and Jawar picked to mediate. This tells me they are accepted and respected by their people.

See reality, don't be blinded by fanaticism.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 04 Jul 2020, 11:42

Eden, you assume all politicians uphold the same politics no matter what That is not true. Merrara whom you claim still a moderate is a textbook example. He started his politics as an idealist young man. He joined MESON , not OLF , which is not an ethnic party. Forget about moderate or not , the young Merrara was averse to ethnic politics. He did not join MESON because he was Oromo ; he joined because he was an Ethiopian.
Well , when your uncles came to town politics have changed to the worst. Politicians who have accused other Ethiopians for the “ misery” of their tribe got the big microphone. More than that your uncles continued to be nervous at the very mention of a party which is not attached a tribe name to it.
Well, now the middle aged Merrara , who most probably shaded off the idealism of his youth, became pragmatic : he thought he would survive the inevitable blow which surely came from your uncles, when the going went tough , if he formed a tribal party. Some people understood, especially the political class Merrara was pushed into it ; his heart was not in ethnic politics.
Merrara finally became a new politician who does not resemble in any form or shape the young Merrara when he advocated to welcome Jawar to his party. Jawar is the radical firebrand Oromo extremist; Merrara now is his prominent defender.
No, Eden some politicians change ; they would go through metamorphosis . Merrara is one of those politicians. The moderate Merrara we used to know was dead for awhile now, Eden.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 04 Jul 2020, 13:13

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 11:42
Jawar is the radical firebrand Oromo extremist; Merrara now is his prominent defender.
If Merera and Jawar are extremists, then what is JalMero who is wagging war against the government?

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 04 Jul 2020, 13:45

He is another extremist who uses different tactics to reach the same goal. Merrara and Jawar however have lived the soft
a well- off middle class soft life. They could not detach themselves from that lifestyle. They remain until their death as armchairs politicians. Jalmero, the young rebel, could keep go on fighting until he could not go on anymore. He has not been softened by well off middle class life style. But all three might believe they share the same goal. Wether they define the same that goal in detail beyond a one liner is doubtful.