Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
C beyond

America Should Start Planning for Eritrea’s Transition by Michael Rubin

Post by C beyond » 01 Jul 2020, 10:23

The time is now for U.S. officials to reach out to Eritreans, both inside the country and out, and put plans in place to help build the institutions Isaias Afwerki has left weakened or destroyed.
https://nationalinterest.org/feature/am ... pNVCbItO7M

C beyond

Re: America Should Start Planning for Eritrea’s Transition by Michael Rubin

Post by C beyond » 01 Jul 2020, 10:37

Paranoia has a price. There is no vice president nor are there any other clear successors as Isaias has systematically removed any rival. Additionally, the constitution does not serve as a guide as, in practice, it remains unimplemented. There is some indication that Isaias wants to pass the torch to his son Abraham, but few Eritreans let alone those outside the country believe Abraham wields a steady hand and so it is uncertain he will be able to maintain or consolidate power or win the army’s support after his father’s death.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » 01 Jul 2020, 10:44

American should end the mass migration of Tegaru youth by issuing arrest warrants for Adwa Weyane human traffickers.
Please wait, video is loading...

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 01 Jul 2020, 15:53

C beyond wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 10:23
The time is now for U.S. officials to reach out to Eritreans, both inside the country and out, and put plans in place to help build the institutions Isaias Afwerki has left weakened or destroyed.

Michael Rubin is a mercenary with a pen. No one buys his usual characterization and dishonest smear stratagem any longer!

Merhano

Post by Merhano » 01 Jul 2020, 20:35

C beyond wrote:
Can we please be patient until the gentleman dies? I don’t think it is proper to discuss the funeral before the person’s demise. I really start to feel bad for PIA. Whatever I think of him, he is still the president of a country that exists on paper.
By the way, is Mesfin Hagos serious that he will march to Asmara with TPLF? I am packed and ready to settle in Merano and settle.

Wedi
Member+

Post by Wedi » 01 Jul 2020, 20:42

This is funny. Is Eritrea an America's protectorate? :lol: :lol:

Merhano

Post by Merhano » 01 Jul 2020, 20:46

Wedi wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 20:42
This is funny. Is Eritrea an America's protectorate? :lol: :lol:
No, it is not, but it will soon be. And praise be to the Lord for that!

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 01 Jul 2020, 20:52

Merhano wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 20:35
C beyond wrote:
Can we please be patient until the gentleman dies? I don’t think it is proper to discuss the funeral before the person’s demise. I really start to feel bad for PIA. Whatever I think of him, he is still the president of a country that exists on paper.
By the way, is Mesfin Hagos serious that he will march to Asmara with TPLF? I am packed and ready to settle in Merano and settle.
Mefin Hagos is welcome to stay in my house or ህድሞ free of rent for the rest of his life

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 01 Jul 2020, 21:36

Damn, this thread is full of MLLT stray dogs!