Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: አብይ በድጋሚ አባይን ለግብፅ ሽጠ ያሳዝናል Breaking NEWS

Post by DefendTheTruth » 27 Jun 2020, 10:37

It seems that this is a kind of news that you are dying for but not to any avail.

There were reportedly many participants other than the 3 parties to the issue at hand, but it begs the question why your source failed to contact any of those independent sources to verify its news:

"Fruitful discussions on African Solutions to the #GERD with the Bureau of the AU Assembly plus #Ethiopia, #Sudan and #Egypt. I appreciate Chair of the AU, President Cyril Ramaphosa for his leadership in facilitating these high-level talks of continental significance. Gratitude also to AUC Chairperson Moussa Faki. Our continental organisation, with a Pan-African spirit, is the right space to dialogue on issues that are of value to #Africa. The #GERD offers all stakeholders the opportunity for unprecedented economic growth and mutual development."

This is taken from the Facebook post of PM Abiy Ahmed Ali of Ethiopia, which talks about nothing of an agreement.
Please wait, video is loading...

Abere

Re: አብይ በድጋሚ አባይን ለግብፅ ሽጠ ያሳዝናል Breaking NEWS

Post by Abere » 27 Jun 2020, 10:59

I think one has to wait for the contents of the meeting and the discussion. As to me, this does not tell who is the "winner" or the "loser". If a peace deal is possible, that is the best strategy. If it fails to uphold the mission Ethiopia wants to accomplish then one has to question the deal. ሳትዋጋ ንገሥ ቢሉት እምብየው ተዋግቸ ያለውን ዓይነት የጅል ንጉስ ምርጫ የግድ መሆን የለበትም። Even if there were war, the end solution still would be peace talk after war. Learn from your past, what was the benefit of the Badme war that cut 120,000 lives short under the leadership of መለስ ስንዝሮ? No thing. መለስ አውራጣት had a dwarfed vision of Ethiopia and humanity. Under him, it was like the kingdom the chipmunk. Chipmunks only subscribe to the rule of the jungle - in the end they lose it all to the king of the jungle(lion).