Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Post Reply
Guudka
Member
Posts: 263
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 01:04

Breaking: Egypt Drops 1,000 lbs. JDAMS on GERD Dam!

Post by Guudka » 22 Jun 2020, 02:51

Habashi, be afraid, be very afraid. It will soon happen :lol:

I wonder how Ethiopia will defend itself from Egypt's fighter jets? Are y'all gonna deploy slingshots at the jets as they swoop down from the sky :lol:

Ethoash
Senior Member+
Posts: 24129
Joined: 20 Apr 2013, 20:24

Re: Breaking: Egypt Drops 1,000 lbs. JDAMS on GERD Dam!

Post by Ethoash » 22 Jun 2020, 06:42

Guudka wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 02:51
Habashi, be afraid, be very afraid. It will soon happen :lol:

I wonder how Ethiopia will defend itself from Egypt's fighter jets? Are y'all gonna deploy slingshots at the jets as they swoop down from the sky :lol:
dear Guudka...

Dam buster happened once in the world war II only.. this is how it happened

Operation Chastise was an attack on German dams carried out on 16–17 May 1943 by Royal Air Force No. 617 Squadron, later called the Dam Busters, using a purpose-built "bouncing bomb" developed by Barnes Wallis. The Möhne and Edersee dams were breached, causing catastrophic flooding of the Ruhr valley and of villages in the Eder valley; the Sorpe Dam sustained only minor damage. Two hydroelectric power stations were destroyed and several more damaged. Factories and mines were also damaged and destroyed. An estimated 1,600 civilians – about 600 Germans and 1,000 mainly Soviet forced labourers – died. Despite rapid repairs by the Germans, even so the British put down the German come back the German repair the dam in just five months..

now the question is do the Egypt have purpose built bouncing bomb... the bomb must bounce to make contact with the dam.. otherwise u have to drop the bomb from the sky and hit the dam a direct hit.. and u have to fly low can Egyptian have gut to fly low...

anyhow this is the stupidist idea because for bouncing bomb to work we must have water...full dam .. second even if we have full water dam this means Egypt will cause flooding in Sudan and Egypt and destroy every industry and farm land destroyed that the flood hit... that is what happened in Germany

i am expert in military's strategy u can ask me anything i am more then happy to answer

Abaymado
Member
Posts: 2328
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 21:56

Re: Breaking: Egypt Drops 1,000 lbs. JDAMS on GERD Dam!

Post by Abaymado » 22 Jun 2020, 09:55

I am begging Egypt to do it if it has the balls. And then the Nile water issue will over forever. We can stop completely the water to flow to Egypt.
Please don't peeeee to much!

Sam Ebalalehu
Member
Posts: 1653
Joined: 23 Jun 2018, 21:29

Re: Breaking: Egypt Drops 1,000 lbs. JDAMS on GERD Dam!

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 22 Jun 2020, 10:18

Ethoash, the economist , and now you become a military analyst. Good for you. You goggled somehow relevant information, but that might not necessarily be Egypt will not dare to sabotage the dam. With or without the dam Ethiopia is in control how the Nile river flows , and Egypt should take that into account before doing anything insane.

Aurorae
Member
Posts: 635
Joined: 10 Nov 2019, 02:21

Re: Breaking: Egypt Drops 1,000 lbs. JDAMS on GERD Dam!

Post by Aurorae » 22 Jun 2020, 11:58

Sam,

That is an expert answer.

Sam wrote,
With or without the dam Ethiopia is in control how the Nile river flows , and Egypt should take that into account before doing anything insane.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+
Posts: 22393
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 20:43

Re: Breaking: Egypt Drops 1,000 lbs. JDAMS on GERD Dam!

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Jun 2020, 15:11



EGYPT

Is an Egypt-Ethiopia war an option?: A comparison between the Egyptian and Ethiopian armies

Al-Masry Al-Youm

https://www.egyptindependent.com/is-an- ... an-armies/

June 22, 2020



One day after hostile statements made by the Ethiopian foreign minister, in which he hinted at the possibility of war with Egypt over stalled negotiations on the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi sent a message laden with meaning.

While inspecting Egypt’s Western Military Zone on Saturday, Sisi said,
The Egyptian army is strong, and is one of the most powerful armies in the region. But it is a reasonable army, an army that protects and does not threaten, an army that secures and is not the aggressor. This is our strategy, our beliefs, and our constant position. And I am sure that if we need you to do work and sacrifice [you will].
Sisi thanked the combat units of the Egyptian Air Force, saying:
Be prepared to carry out any mission on our borders or, if necessary, outside our borders.
Sisi’s message, which promoted peace more than war, appeared to be a response to comments made by Ethiopian Foreign Minister Gedu Andargachew in an interview with the Associated Press.

Andargachew was quoted as saying that Egypt seeks war, and that Ethiopia will go ahead with filling the dam in July, despite having not yet reached an agreement with Egypt and Sudan.

Contrary to Ethiopia’s statements, Egypt’s tone in dealing with the crisis has seemed calm and responsible, stressing the historical rights of Egypt to the waters of the Nile.

Egypt’s Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry characterized his Ethiopian counterpart’s statements as “hostile” and “disappointing.” This
will not make us abandon our policy of negotiations and seeking peaceful solutions,
Shoukry said.

Although Ethiopia has repeatedly hinted at war, according to documented military information there is a significant gap between the respective capabilities of the Egyptian and Ethiopian armies.

Here is a comparison between the Egyptian and Ethiopian armies based on figures provided by the Global Fire Power website: https://www.globalfirepower.com/

1. The Egyptian army ranks ninth out of 138 armies around the world, while the Ethiopian army ranks 60th.

2. The Egyptian Air Force owns 1,054 assorted military aircraft, including 215 fighter jets, 59 military means of transport, 388 trainers, and 294 military helicopters.

The Ethiopian army has only 86 aircraft, 24 of which are fighter jets, 20 are trainers, nine are transports, 33 are military helicopters and eight are attack helicopters.

3. The Egyptian army has more than 4,000 tanks, 10,000 armored vehicles, 1,000 self-propelled artillery and more than 2,189 field artillery, while the Ethiopian army has 400 tanks and 650 pieces of field artillery.

4. The Egyptian naval fleet includes about 320 marine vessels, including two aircraft carriers, seven corvettes and four submarines, in addition to 50 patrol ships and nine frigates.

Because it is a landlocked country, Ethiopia does not have a naval fleet.

5. The defense budget of the Egyptian army is US$11.2 billion, compared to $350 million for the Ethiopian defense budget.

6. The Egyptian army has about 920,000 soldiers, with 440,000 currently in service and 480,000 in reserve. The Ethiopian army has a total 162,000 soldiers, and no reserve soldiers.

Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm

Za-Ilmaknun
Member
Posts: 2295
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 17:40

Re: Breaking: Egypt Drops 1,000 lbs. JDAMS on GERD Dam!

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 22 Jun 2020, 17:16

Zmeselo wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 15:11


EGYPT

Is an Egypt-Ethiopia war an option?: A comparison between the Egyptian and Ethiopian armies

Al-Masry Al-Youm

https://www.egyptindependent.com/is-an- ... an-armies/

June 22, 2020



One day after hostile statements made by the Ethiopian foreign minister, in which he hinted at the possibility of war with Egypt over stalled negotiations on the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi sent a message laden with meaning.

While inspecting Egypt’s Western Military Zone on Saturday, Sisi said,
The Egyptian army is strong, and is one of the most powerful armies in the region. But it is a reasonable army, an army that protects and does not threaten, an army that secures and is not the aggressor. This is our strategy, our beliefs, and our constant position. And I am sure that if we need you to do work and sacrifice [you will].
Sisi thanked the combat units of the Egyptian Air Force, saying:
Be prepared to carry out any mission on our borders or, if necessary, outside our borders.
Sisi’s message, which promoted peace more than war, appeared to be a response to comments made by Ethiopian Foreign Minister Gedu Andargachew in an interview with the Associated Press.

Andargachew was quoted as saying that Egypt seeks war, and that Ethiopia will go ahead with filling the dam in July, despite having not yet reached an agreement with Egypt and Sudan.

Contrary to Ethiopia’s statements, Egypt’s tone in dealing with the crisis has seemed calm and responsible, stressing the historical rights of Egypt to the waters of the Nile.

Egypt’s Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry characterized his Ethiopian counterpart’s statements as “hostile” and “disappointing.” This
will not make us abandon our policy of negotiations and seeking peaceful solutions,
Shoukry said.

Although Ethiopia has repeatedly hinted at war, according to documented military information there is a significant gap between the respective capabilities of the Egyptian and Ethiopian armies.

Here is a comparison between the Egyptian and Ethiopian armies based on figures provided by the Global Fire Power website: https://www.globalfirepower.com/

1. The Egyptian army ranks ninth out of 138 armies around the world, while the Ethiopian army ranks 60th.

2. The Egyptian Air Force owns 1,054 assorted military aircraft, including 215 fighter jets, 59 military means of transport, 388 trainers, and 294 military helicopters.

The Ethiopian army has only 86 aircraft, 24 of which are fighter jets, 20 are trainers, nine are transports, 33 are military helicopters and eight are attack helicopters.

3. The Egyptian army has more than 4,000 tanks, 10,000 armored vehicles, 1,000 self-propelled artillery and more than 2,189 field artillery, while the Ethiopian army has 400 tanks and 650 pieces of field artillery.

4. The Egyptian naval fleet includes about 320 marine vessels, including two aircraft carriers, seven corvettes and four submarines, in addition to 50 patrol ships and nine frigates.

Because it is a landlocked country, Ethiopia does not have a naval fleet.

5. The defense budget of the Egyptian army is US$11.2 billion, compared to $350 million for the Ethiopian defense budget.

6. The Egyptian army has about 920,000 soldiers, with 440,000 currently in service and 480,000 in reserve. The Ethiopian army has a total 162,000 soldiers, and no reserve soldiers.

Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm
If this is what they seriously believe about the Ethiopian capabilities, It indeed is good for Ethiopia. :mrgreen: Having no armored vehicle and 162K soldiers.. :mrgreen: This is the best opportune moment for Egypt to go decimate the dam and assert its ownership of our waters.Why waste time negotiating ?

Abere
Member
Posts: 1159
Joined: 18 Jul 2019, 20:52

Re: Breaking: Egypt Drops 1,000 lbs. JDAMS on GERD Dam!

Post by Abere » 22 Jun 2020, 17:43

Guudka wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 02:51
Habashi, be afraid, be very afraid. It will soon happen :lol:

I wonder how Ethiopia will defend itself from Egypt's fighter jets? Are y'all gonna deploy slingshots at the jets as they swoop down from the sky :lol:
The only ones I know playing handballs in the political soccer fields are the TPLFs. If Egypt plays handball, Ethiopia will score the winning goal. But I don't think they are that much dumb. የወያኔ ነገር የበሬ ቁላ ይወድቅልኛል ብላ አንጋጣ እንዴምትውል ድመት ነው።

Ethoash
Senior Member+
Posts: 24129
Joined: 20 Apr 2013, 20:24

Re: Breaking: Egypt Drops 1,000 lbs. JDAMS on GERD Dam!

Post by Ethoash » 23 Jun 2020, 06:43

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 17:16
Zmeselo wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 15:11
If this is what they seriously believe about the Ethiopian capabilities, It indeed is good for Ethiopia. :mrgreen: Having no armored vehicle and 162K soldiers.. :mrgreen: This is the best opportune moment for Egypt to go decimate the dam and assert its ownership of our waters.Why waste time negotiating ?
Za-Ilmaknun, i am top military expert ..... having tank, warplane and all other machinery is not effective when u wage war at the top of mountain...the war plane range is only 1100 km while distance from Egypt to Ethiopia is 5000 km so your war plane are useless.. beside the Egyptian never saw a mountain as high as 3k or 3000 meter high how in hell they going to adjust to the altitude... forget all how in hell they going to transport their war machine deep inside Ethiopia

Zmeles, is an idiot Eritrean who quote Egyptian newspaper... war u fight with ball and gut not with war machine look what is happening in Afghanistan and Somalia .... war tested rag tag army and 19 years old USA ARMY who only skill is playing video game how in hell u match with those war harden army and we saw the result.

Ethoash
Senior Member+
Posts: 24129
Joined: 20 Apr 2013, 20:24

Re: Breaking: Egypt Drops 1,000 lbs. JDAMS on GERD Dam!

Post by Ethoash » 23 Jun 2020, 06:51

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 10:18
Ethoash, the economist , and now you become a military analyst. Good for you. You goggled somehow relevant information, but that might not necessarily be Egypt will not dare to sabotage the dam. With or without the dam Ethiopia is in control how the Nile river flows , and Egypt should take that into account before doing anything insane.
Sam, if goggling was easy why not u guys not finding the same information like i do.. to your information i know about bouncing bomb long time ago ... instead of trying to put me why not join brain power and fight the Egypt..

now unlike u i like your idea and i am not afraid to say so.. if Egypt bomb the dam .. say goodbye to Nile water we going to block it ... this must be told clearly to each and every Egyptian so that they will not dare.. with coded message if Egypt put on fire our dam then we need Nile water to put the fire out hence we have no left over ... because we using the water to put down the fire ....

if this coded message did not get to them then u should have told them direct.. by reversing the question force them to answer their own question ..

Can Egypt bomb the Nile dam ... and at the same time enjoy share of Nile river ... or do Egypt have a right to say to Ethiopia dont block the water even so i just bomb your dam...

another point is if Egypt bomb the dam they going to pay use one billion dollar lose of income and pay for repair and all the deal come from Ethiopia take it or leave it deal... we will enjoy irrigation water too.

Guudka
Member
Posts: 263
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 01:04

Re: Breaking: Egypt Drops 1,000 lbs. JDAMS on GERD Dam!

Post by Guudka » 24 Jun 2020, 16:19

Ethoash,

You are still spewing nonsense, as usual. I rarely visit this site but I like reading your posts.

Right now the only thing holding back the Egyptians are air space limitation to the target; Eritrea and Sudan hold the cards in that regard. One of these nations, Sudan more likely, will acquiesce and let Egypt use their airspace.

Egypt has all the logistical implementation for successful mission. They have the long range fighter jets, refueling air tankers and the bunker buster bombs, 2000 lb BLU-109 hard-target-penetrator.

I still believe they need command and control center closer to the Dam, in case their jets are forced to land in an emergency.

Abere
Member
Posts: 1159
Joined: 18 Jul 2019, 20:52

Re: Breaking: Egypt Drops 1,000 lbs. JDAMS on GERD Dam!

Post by Abere » 24 Jun 2020, 16:43

If Egypt were technologically and militarily sophisticated, as you said dozen times, why would not it fly from its Cairo or any airbase of her own and dare crossing to flyover Abay River or the Dam. The reality is, Egypt is one dirt poor country like any other African country only wanting to procure military apparatus from other developed country. Whether it fly from South Sudan or even from the Woyane Mekele Airbase, she will fall flat like a 10-month toddler falling of stairs. Well, Ethiopia will not be limited to hydro-power dam ( which is now eve becoming an outdated alternative source of energy) but will divert Aby river into the heartland of the country where large scale agricultural farmings will support millions lives. The Arabs, the stalking hyenas, and the TPLF , the broad-day light hyena, don't have power what Ethiopia can and can't on her own river. They can yawn, but neither can bite nor eat. That time is over -

Post Reply