Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member+

President Isaias, commemorating Martyrs Day.

Post by Zmeselo » 20 Jun 2020, 07:09

President Isaias Afwerki laying wreath at Patriots Cemetery at 8:00 am this morning, in tribute to Eritrea's heroic Martyrs.
ፕረዚደንት ኢሳይያስ ኣፈወርቂ፡ ሎሚ ሰዓት 8፡00 ንግሆ ኣብ መካነ-መቓብር ሓርበኛታት ኣስመራ ኣብ ዝተኻየደ ወግዓዊ ስነ-ስርዓት ዝኽረ ሰማእታት፡ ንክብሪ ናይቶም በጃ ሃገር ዝሓለፉ ሰማእታት፡ ኣኽሊል ዕንባባ ኣንቢሩ።
ሎሚ ሰዓት 1፡00 ድ.ቐ፡ ብድምጺ ሓፋሽ ኤርትራን ኤሪ-ቲቪን ብቐጥታ ዝምራሕ፡ ኣብ ውሽጢ ሃገርን ወጻእን ዝነብሩ ዜጋታት ኣኣብ ቤቶም ኰይኖም ዝሳተፍዎን ብሕልና ምስ ሰማእታቶም ዝራኸቡሉን ሓባራዊ ናይ ሓደ ደቒቕ ናይ ዝኽረ ሰማእታት መደብ ክህሉ’ዩ።
(Yemane G. Meskel: @hawelti)
Last edited by Zmeselo on 20 Jun 2020, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Re: President Isaias, commemorating Martyrs Day.

Post by Zmeselo » 20 Jun 2020, 07:25

Freedom Comes Neither Free Nor Cheap

June 18, 2020

A Tribute to Eritrean Martyrs. (Photo: G.M.A VisAfric | Ghideon Musa Aron)

BY HAILE HABTEGABER

The 20th of June is one of the sanctified dates in Eritrea’s annual national holiday calendar. It is a day when we venerate and pay tribute to our martyrs for the most precious gift they gave us – a free and sovereign Red Sea state called Eritrea.

On this occasion, it is incumbent upon every patriotic Eritrean to pause for a moment and reflect on the true meaning of this day. When one hears the incredible stories of bravery and deeds of the young women and men (not exclusively young), it is hardly possible to comprehend the extent to which they were selfless and focussed only and only on one thing – the liberation of Eritrea.

This writer has witnessed in person while in prison this selflessness, defiance, and perseverance of the Tegadelti to withstand torture and hideous maltreatment. It was a harrowing experience but this Tegadalay did not hesitate to give his life and as I learned later he did as he was hanged by the brutal Derg regime of Ethiopia.

The story of two heroes Jemil Hassen and Mekonnen Tadesse as movingly narrated in this video
also fittingly illustrates the extraordinary bravery and stoicism of Tegadalti Hizbawi Ginbar (EPLF fighters). It is a remarkable story to listen to and true to their character these two young men did not return alive and the last word of their obituary is self-immolation. That is what Eritrea has costed. The Tigrigna quote
ሓርበኛ ኣይነብርንዩ ታሪኹዩ ዝውረስ
truly epitomizes the life history of these good patriots who passed as best women and men and such is the backdrop to the commemorations of our Martyrs’ Day.

We as people who aspired to determine our fate and destination were denied by powerful regressive forces from establishing our own nation-state unlike the rest of other colonized territories subsequent to the extrication from colonization. Nonetheless, and notwithstanding this misfortune, the Eritrean people were not deterred from realizing their dream of founding a country by which they can define and identify themselves as free people to engage the world. They fought a fight uniquely singular and won to make the independence of Eritrea a reality. Inevitably this has costed the people of Eritrea immeasurable loss of their best souls not least the destruction and opportunity cost of time, resource, and economic progress.

Our freedom was not manna from heaven. That much is true. It is therefore on this day 20th June, Martyrs’ Day, that we remember, honour and salute each and every one of our heroes and heroines, Warsay and YikeAlo, for their sacrifice on behalf of every Eritrean alive today and those yet to be born.

Generations will pass but Eritrea will remain for eternity and the memory of these gallant Warsay and YikeAlo and every other Eritrean who was murdered for being an Eritrean and who gave their precious life for the birth of Eritrea will also remain synonymous with name Independent Eritrea forever.

Martyrs cemetery, Asmara

The passing of time, therefore, cannot and should not diminish our respect and honour for our fearless patriots. For those of us older than Independent Eritrea, we know what it means to live under occupation and be treated as a second class citizen in your own country. Perceptibly we can appreciate how Eritrea’s independence was achieved. But for the younger generation, since they know only independent Eritrea, they may take it for granted. It is therefore critically important that they are helped and encouraged to actively take part in Martyrs Day commemoration activities so that they become cognizant and compassionately connected with the history of their ancestral land and the price that has been paid.

Equally, our flag deserves our reverence and respect in equal measure because it cannot be separated from the martyrdom of our Tegadelti. Yet we have seen individuals who disgracefully denigrate the Eritrean flag and disparage our revered Tegadelti. Clearly these are not even traitors but twisted, damaged, and pure mercenaries doing dirty enemy work for hire.

Equally, it is baffling to see others who display the flag of the federation period and associate it with Eritrea- a none existent country. Are we missing something here? What does this mean? No clue, explanation, please! Never mind these groups of people is irrelevant gone astray beyond the horizon. They ought to unlearn and learn a lot.

And finally, as we perform the commemorative candlelight event, let us remember and recognize with a deeper and solemn reflection that our Martyrs Day is the unifying day that bequeathed on us all our beautiful country with its beautiful flag. Let us proudly march forward inspired by the legacy of our martyrs and actualize our multifaceted aspirations.

Eternal Glory to Our Martyrs
Long Live Eritrea Libre.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 20 Jun 2020, 07:38

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 20 Jun 2020, 07:41

U.S. Embassy, Asmara Eritrea

A message from Chargé d'Affaires Steve Walker:
On the solemn occasion of Martyr's Day, I and the staff of the U.S. Embassy in Asmara send our respectful regards and condolences to Eritreans here, and all over the world, as they remember and honor the brave Eritreans who gave their lives to achieve independence during the 30-year Struggle for National Liberation. May God bless Eritrea and comfort those who lost family members or friends during the war.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 20 Jun 2020, 10:09

And the Heavens responded🙏

Axumezana

Post by Axumezana » 20 Jun 2020, 10:37

Ascaris Isaias told is that the three generations conflict was not necessary by that he has disgraced the sacrifices of the martyrs. I don't see the reason for commemorating the event except dictators are always true irrespective of what they say or do.
Ascaris is always slave !

Axumezana

Post by Axumezana » 20 Jun 2020, 10:37

Ascaris Isaias told is that the three generations conflict was not necessary by that he has disgraced the sacrifices of the martyrs. I don't see the reason for commemorating the event except dictators are always true irrespective of what they say or do.

Kuasmeda
Member+

Post by Kuasmeda » 20 Jun 2020, 10:41

ረሳሕ ዓጋመ! Past last the filthy Agame, your days are numbered where you will be hunted & buried together with your criminal gangs. Once the Eritrean pride & the lion of Nakfa said the GAME IS OVER, you will be disappeared forever.
Axumezana wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 10:37

JudgementDay1234

Post by JudgementDay1234 » 20 Jun 2020, 10:45

Here is your YAHUDA isaias afewerki from tigray the evil backstabber who betrayed even the Eritrean people and Eritrean martyrs.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 20 Jun 2020, 12:51

Tarik atta sahsah qumal, get off of my thread you biiatch ars cùnt!

:twisted: attention seeking, piece of shít!!!!!

JudgementDay1234 wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 10:45
Here is your YAHUDA isaias afewerki from tigray the evil backstabber who betrayed even the Eritrean people and Eritrean martyrs.

Axumezana

Post by Axumezana » 20 Jun 2020, 13:20

Angry Ascaris enjoy your Tigrayan master Isaias!

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 20 Jun 2020, 16:42

Please wait, video is loading...

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 20 Jun 2020, 17:02

Beggar, child of a beggar!!!!

Axumezana wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 13:20
Angry Ascaris enjoy your Tigrayan master Isaias!

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 20 Jun 2020, 17:03

Beggar, child of a beggar!

Awash wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 16:42
Please wait, video is loading...

Merhano

Post by Merhano » 20 Jun 2020, 18:51

Zmeselo wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 07:09

President Isaias Afwerki laying wreath at Patriots Cemetery at 8:00 am this morning, in tribute to Eritrea's heroic Martyrs.
ፕረዚደንት ኢሳይያስ ኣፈወርቂ፡ ሎሚ ሰዓት 8፡00 ንግሆ ኣብ መካነ-መቓብር ሓርበኛታት ኣስመራ ኣብ ዝተኻየደ ወግዓዊ ስነ-ስርዓት ዝኽረ ሰማእታት፡ ንክብሪ ናይቶም በጃ ሃገር ዝሓለፉ ሰማእታት፡ ኣኽሊል ዕንባባ ኣንቢሩ።
ሎሚ ሰዓት 1፡00 ድ.ቐ፡ ብድምጺ ሓፋሽ ኤርትራን ኤሪ-ቲቪን ብቐጥታ ዝምራሕ፡ ኣብ ውሽጢ ሃገርን ወጻእን ዝነብሩ ዜጋታት ኣኣብ ቤቶም ኰይኖም ዝሳተፍዎን ብሕልና ምስ ሰማእታቶም ዝራኸቡሉን ሓባራዊ ናይ ሓደ ደቒቕ ናይ ዝኽረ ሰማእታት መደብ ክህሉ’ዩ።
I hope he dies before the wreath flowers wilted, so that we could use it again for his funeral! Just for cost saving purposes only.
What do you think, Justice Seeker?

Weyane.is.dead
Member+

Post by Weyane.is.dead » 20 Jun 2020, 18:59

Wedishermuta wediza atarit weyane rat you've been reduced to ill wishing :lol: :lol: :lol: Isu has got you by the balls. He will live to see your leaders hanged in mekele.
Merhano wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 18:51
Zmeselo wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 07:09

I hope he dies before the wreath flowers wilted, so that we could use it again for his funeral! Just for cost saving purposes only.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 20 Jun 2020, 19:04

Merhano wrote:

Hmm........recycling the wreath? Don't tempt me with that generosity to upgrade your status to 'subhuman', Mr Adwa?

But if I need a beast which would desecrate our heroes eternal resting places, rest assured that you would be my first choice!

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 20 Jun 2020, 19:09

Merhano wrote:
You ቆማላት ዓጋመs have been wishing that for a long time, but all to no avail. But, whatever it is that you miserable people are wishing to happen after the honorable PIA passes away, it would never happen for there are millions Isaias Afewerqi that would ascertain that the dream of the useless Ethiopian ክልል remains just that - an insignificant ክልል inhabited by human wastes like you. Now, tell me - ወድ'ዛ ኣንጺፋ ቊልጭ - how is the death of PIA gonna change your miserable life? Nada!

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 20 Jun 2020, 20:32

Saleh Meki, a great son of Eritrea. Served, both as Minister of Fishers & Health. Remembered for his hard working, swift action and result oriented decisions. He was a loved son of the nation and man of the people. His sudden death, was a big loss to the nation.

I remember today, the smiling face of Saleh Meki. Most of the time he is smiling, unless confronted or unnecessarily provoked. He was a unique person, who always stood for truth. RIP dear btsay Saleh.

Remembering Ali Said Abdella, one of the great commanders our Eritrean liberation struggle has produced. He both liberated & defended Nacfa in 1977 & 1982, as overall commander from the same hill: Taba Halai

Remembring Ali Ibrahim (R), conducting a seminar with Ali Said in the Nakfa front. Ali Ibrahim, a great commander of the front, was martyred in Afabet in 1988; when the Nadew-ez was demolished. Ali Ibrahim was so popular, that many children were later named after him. Ali, eventhough very kind & humane, was as fierce as a tiger in the battlefield.

Our Brigade 58 leader Isaias Wedi Flansa & wife, Miriam Asres. Daughter, Hurtuma, named after a regained hill got ill & died early. Miriam died fighting, in Selahta war. Isaias- a very able leader- died soon, after commanding a fight in the Halhal front. Many & my daughter too, were named after Miriam.

Ali Ibrahim & Fisihaye Wolde Gabriel in Nakfa.
Camaraderie to fight & die against a formidable enemy for 10 years, in the Nakfa front. Fisihaye, a veteran, who was a commander of our heavy weaponry died in action in Adi Rosso in 1991; some weeks before Independence.

True camaraderie beyond religion or regionalism, for the sake of Eritrea. WeldeAb WoldeMariam, flanked by our leaders: Ali Said & Wedi Bare. Amb. Andemichael Kahsay is just behind them. All passed away, while fighting for the nation. Let's remember 'em today🙏

Another EPLF leader I remember today is a giant in the EPLF, Ibrahim Afa. Ibrahim, was one of our Politbureau members. Also one of our great military commanders, who was much loved by both leaders & rank & file. He got martyred, during enemy offensive of BahreNegash. Ibrahim Afa was survived by his wife Nura & daughter Sara. In Khartoum, I was there to witness how great Nura was, raising the little child Sara. Sara used to cling to her mother & most of the time they were together. I used to call them: Nura & Sara LTD company. I heard now that Sara, grown up, well educated, got married and Nura is a grand mother. I will call Nura to confirm and come back to you.

I called Nura Mohammed right now and she told me that she is not yet a grandmother, but Sara well educated and a teacher in UAE is married to an Eritrean and she said she is hoping for a grandchild. I wish her well.

(AMB. Beyene Russom: @BeyeneRussom)

_______

Last edited by Zmeselo on 21 Jun 2020, 10:56, edited 2 times in total.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 20 Jun 2020, 21:39