Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
EthioRedSea

Who are the Waragay or Guraghe - they dance like southern Africa Bantus and migrated from Eritrea

Post by EthioRedSea » 10 Jun 2020, 07:11

I have been wondering why Guraghes dance differently but similar to Bantu tribal dance.
Some say they migrated from Gurae, Eritrea. It is clear that the Gurage or Waragay first migrated from central or west Africa through Sudan to North Ethiopia and settled in Gurae for some time. From Gurae they migrated or were forced to migrate to South Ethiopia, where they are to be found in large numbers.
Compare the Guraghe or Waragay dance to Bantu tribal dance as shown in the following video.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Re: Who are the Waragay or Guraghe - they dance like southern Africa Bantus and migrated from Eritrea

Post by Ethoash » 10 Jun 2020, 08:33

EthioRedSea wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 07:11
I have been wondering why Guraghes dance differently but similar to Bantu tribal dance.
Some say they migrated from Gurae, Eritrea. It is clear that the Gurage or Waragay first migrated from central or west Africa through Sudan to North Ethiopia and settled in Gurae for some time. From Gurae they migrated or were forced to migrate to South Ethiopia, where they are to be found in large numbers.
Compare the Guraghe or Waragay dance to Bantu tribal dance as shown in the following video.
Ato EthioRedSea

how long do u live in USA? After five years they give u visa and u become American citizen.. there is no first class or second class citizen those who come before u..or after u all of them are equally American citizen..

now u r trying to tell us Guraghe come from South Africa my answer is so what
oromo come from Madagascar my answer is so what
Amhara come from Yemen my answer is so what

i dont care were u come from this is Ethiopia you better improve your game

the whole South America, North America all Jamaica and Caribbean residence come from somewhere so what
the whole Egypt, Libya and all Northern Arab African come from somewhere so what .

EthioRedSea

Re: Who are the Waragay or Guraghe - they dance like southern Africa Bantus and migrated from Eritrea

Post by EthioRedSea » 10 Jun 2020, 09:19

I agree with your opinion. But knowing where our tribes originated will help us understand them better. We are all Ethiopians.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 10 Jun 2020, 09:26

EthioRedSea wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 09:19
I agree with your opinion. But knowing where our tribes originated will help us understand them better. We are all Ethiopians.
where did u come from? u cant talk about other before u talk about yourself.. did u come from Yemen ? as u know the only original Ethiopians r the Golden tribe ...

አማራ ከየመን ለመምጣቱ ምንም ወሬ ማብዛት አያስፈልግም ብዙ የአማርኛ ቋንቋ ከአረብኛ ጋራ ተመሳሳይነት አለው። ለምስሌ ስላምታ ስላምታ ነው ኪስ የወረቂት ቀረጢት ነው። እንግዲህ በዚህ ብትቀጥል ብዙ ብዙ ነገሮች ይመሳስላሉ። እልልታም ብትል ከአረቦች ነው የመጣው። ታሪክም እንጋራለን ስለዚህ ምንም ጥያቄ የለም አማራ ከየመን ለመምጣቱ።