Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Sadacha Macca

menelik was given, at the age of 12, the choice to live among oromos or go to tewodros

Post by Sadacha Macca » 05 Jun 2020, 20:23

A 12 year old Menelik was given two choices: 1. Submit to Tewodros, or 2. Flee to ''(Oromo) lands/country'',

''When asked what he would choose, Menelik is reported to have indicated his preference to flee into Oromo country, showing his confidence in the Oromo people. The 2nd incident relates to the period after Menelik's escape from Magdala. Even though Pawlos does not indicate his sources, there's no reason to doubt his assertion that Menelik stayed with Oromo families in present-day Bishoftu before he regained his claim as King of Shewa. Thirdly, Menelik was presumably in agreement with his childhood friend, Gobana Dacce, when he sent messages to the Oromo warlords in and around Shewa with the following content: ''I am the son that you have raised; the childhood friend that you played with; now that I have assumed my father's throne, I wish you to submit to me peacefully'' (Pawlos Gnogno: 1984 E.C.: 26).

[THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX: ESSAYS ON THE HISTORY AND (UNDER)DEVELOPMENT OF ETHIOPIA. Chapter 8; Internal Struggles and Resistance to External Pressure]

Sadacha Macca

Re: menelik was given, at the age of 12, the choice to live among oromos or go to tewodros

Post by Sadacha Macca » 05 Jun 2020, 20:40

'After Menelik escaped from the fortress of Tewodros...He sent messages to the Oromo warlords in and around Shewa with the following content:

I am the son that you have raised; the childhood friend that you played with; now that I have assumed my father's throne, I wish you to submit to me peacefully'' (Pawlos Gnogno: 1984 E.C.: 26).

These disparate bits of information indicate an appreciable degree of cooperation and community on interests between the Amhara and Oromo warlords in Shewa, rather than the conflict of interest automatically assumed to exist between people who speak different languages. The process of expansion initiated by Menelik at the end of the 19th century eventually brought under one rule all the territory occupied through the epic migration of the oromos in the 16th and 16th centuries. The fighting forces were predominantly of Oromo origin. Menelik and Gobana were known to have applied one formula in their encounters with the people and leaders that they wished to conquer: the chieftain that submitted peacefully would retain internal autonomy but was required to pay tribute; the chieftain or people who refused to submit would be subjugated by force and the country pillaged. The fates of Abba Jifar the 2nd of Jimma, who submitted peacefully and of the Arsi tribal leaders who fought bitterly, can be cited as extreme examples of these alternatives.''

[Thinking Outside The Box: Essays On The History And (Under)Development Of Ethiopia. Chapter 8.

Lakeshore

Re: menelik was given, at the age of 12, the choice to live among oromos or go to tewodros

Post by Lakeshore » 06 Jun 2020, 00:27

Sadacha you are damaged beyond repair.

You might be reading a story written by Egypt or the usual fiction story of Anole writers. doesn't deserve a second thought.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 06 Jun 2020, 10:52

Lakeshore wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 00:27

You might be reading a story written by Egypt or the usual fiction story of Anole writers. doesn't deserve a second thought.
retarded agame, then prove it wrong. bring your proof, or shut up, because NOBODY is going to just believe you.
i brought a historical reference---you brought nothing, yet expect everyone/anyone, to just take your ''word,'' for it.
HA! :lol: :lol:

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 06 Jun 2020, 13:36

Menelik ain’t no racist tribalist thug he was a unitarian and a head of his time he isn’t like the Agames portray him to be. He was a proud Ethiopian king who was blind to racism. Ras gobana wasn’t a tribalist or tree hugging thug like some ppl describe him 2b. He was a Orthodox Christian of the Shawa Oromifia ppl and helped his fellow Shewan brothers conquer the rebels of arsi. This had nothing to do with racism or hatred it was simply stomping out a rebellion. Most Oromos got along with Menelik. Weyane has One goal that is to spread animalistic divide and conquering tactics. Through Propaganda
Sadacha Macca wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 10:52
Lakeshore wrote:

retarded agame, then prove it wrong. bring your proof, or shut up, because NOBODY is going to just believe you.
i brought a historical reference---you brought nothing, yet expect everyone/anyone, to just take your ''word,'' for it.

Zreal

Post by Zreal » 06 Jun 2020, 14:03

Dear Sadacha Macca, when you quote somebody's book quote it as it is written. do not change with your own words!! :lol: :lol:

Sadacha Macca wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 20:23
A 12 year old Menelik was given two choices: 1. Submit to Tewodros, or 2. Flee to ''(Oromo) lands/country'',

''When asked what he would choose, Menelik is reported to have indicated his preference to flee into Oromo“Galla” country, showing his confidence in the Oromo people. The 2nd incident relates to the period after Menelik's escape from Magdala. Even though Pawlos does not indicate his sources, there's no reason to doubt his assertion that Menelik stayed with Oromo families in present-day Bishoftu before he regained his claim as King of Shewa. Thirdly, Menelik was presumably in agreement with his childhood friend, Gobana Dacce, when he sent messages to the Oromo warlords in and around Shewa with the following content: ''I am the son that you have raised; the childhood friend that you played with; now that I have assumed my father's throne, I wish you to submit to me peacefully'' (Pawlos Gnogno: 1984 E.C.: 26).

[THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX: ESSAYS ON THE HISTORY AND (UNDER)DEVELOPMENT OF ETHIOPIA. Chapter 8; Internal Struggles and Resistance to External Pressure]

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 06 Jun 2020, 14:14

Sadacha Macca wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 20:23

''When asked what he would choose, Menelik is reported to have indicated his preference to flee into Oromo country, showing his confidence in the Oromo people. The 2nd incident relates to the period after Menelik's escape from Magdala. Even though Pawlos does not indicate his sources, there's no reason to doubt his assertion that Menelik stayed with Oromo families in present-day Bishoftu before he regained his claim as King of Shewa. Thirdly, Menelik was presumably in agreement with his childhood friend, Gobana Dacce, when he sent messages to the Oromo warlords in and around Shewa with the following content: ''I am the son that you have raised; the childhood friend that you played with; now that I have assumed my father's throne, I wish you to submit to me peacefully'' (Pawlos Gnogno: 1984 E.C.: 26).

https://www.ethiopianreview.com/index/33633
By Fikre Tolossa

[[Ethiopia has not always been ruled by “pure” Amhara and Tigre Monarchs. The fact is that some Oromo blood did indeed flow in the veins of Ethiopian monarchs since the 18th Century. By then the Oromo had already consolidated their power after their rise in the 16th Century.

I will indicate in this paper some of the personalities of Oromo descent who exerted extraordinary influence on Ethiopian history and governments. The Oromo were important figures throughout the last four hundred years. Crowned as emperors and empresses and granted military and nobility titles, they directed many of the historical events of Ethiopia.

The first close contact between the Oromo and the Ethiopian monarchy occurred when Prince Susenyos, born in 1571, was captured in his youth by the Boren tribe in a battle. This was the beginning of a relationship that marked the political and historical future of Ethiopia.

Prince Susenyos learned the Oromo language and grew up in accordance with the Oromo culture. The Oromo treated him amicably as a prince amongst them.

He joined his relatives at the age of eighteen when he was retrieved in exchange for Oromo captives. When Atse Sertse Dengel died in 1597, some people who feared that Susenyos would ascend to the throne tried to kill him; and he returned to his old friends, the Oromos, for protection and shelter. They welcomed him as a prince once again, and even made him their leader. With the help of his Oromo soldiers, he fought many battles against the Amhara who took over the throne. He was crowned in Gojjam in 1604. He garrisoned two Oromo regiments, Ilmana and Denssa in Gojjam, and made his Oromo soldiers Chewawoch (equivalent to Neftegnoch) over the Amhara peasants. Ilmana Denssa exists to this day as the name of an area in Gojjam.

Atse Susenyos trusted only his time-tested Oromo soldiers. He promoted a number of them to high ranks and filled his palace with them. At times he was so busy with his Oromo friends that he hardly found time to see the Amharas. Inspite of this, some of his Oromo followers who had seen him as their leader felt betrayed when he became an Amhara emperor and left to fight him. The rest remained loyal to him and served him until the end. Even though the Oromo became part of the ruling class during the reign of Atse Susenyos, it was not until the first three decades of the 18th Century that they were able to sit on the Ethiopian throne directly....]]

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 06 Jun 2020, 14:39

present wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 14:24
We are back to the times of Giragn Mohamed. Wahabi sadacha and wahabi Jewar are trying bring back that horrible history.

We will fight Islamic extremists just like we did in the past!!

And all Ethiopian Muslims are with us!!

retarded agame sister, WHAT DOES ''giragn'' mohamed have to do with menelik living among oromos in his youth?
How retarded are you? is the retreat of your tplf uncles damaging your brain that much TO THE POINT YOU ARE JUST RANDOMLY SAYING THINGS THAT MAKE NO SENSE, AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC OF THE POST?

:lol: :lol:

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 06 Jun 2020, 14:53

present wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 14:51
Wahabi sister sadacha

Calm down wahabi, the game is over. You were su'cking Aboy Sebhat's di'ck last time, you were hoping they will give you Islamic state of oromia but Fenqil is destroying you tplf bosses . :lol:

Now Egypt is orgianzing wahabis like you to repeat the times of Giragn

We will never let you do that, keep trying

Sadacha Macca wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 14:39
present wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 14:24
We are back to the times of Giragn Mohamed. Wahabi sadacha and wahabi Jewar are trying bring back that horrible history.

We will fight Islamic extremists just like we did in the past!!

And all Ethiopian Muslims are with us!!

retarded agame sister, WHAT DOES ''giragn'' mohamed have to do with menelik living among oromos in his youth?
How retarded are you? is the retreat of your tplf uncles damaging your brain that much TO THE POINT YOU ARE JUST RANDOMLY SAYING THINGS THAT MAKE NO SENSE, AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC OF THE POST?

:lol: :lol:

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 06 Jun 2020, 15:05

Lakeshore wrote:

Sadacha didn't come up with the story here out of the blue, historically he is right.

Myself an eritrean, I have learned or better put forced to learn your history, when the young menilik was brought from shewa and put in custody, tedros was nice to him and he offered his illegitimate daughter ALITASH to marry him and he married her. However, he abandoned tedros' camp and his wife.

Few months later, he fled from the mekdella enclave. He was welcomed by the welllo queen mestewat then and she helped him until he reached his ankober.

Above is the true history of your abissinia in the second half the 19th century (read the memoirs which were narrated by tedros' captives)

P.S. abyssinos...hear me!

WTF is this paedophile thing with you? Menilik married alitash tedros when she was underage and likely so tedros after the death of his first wife TEWABECH (the daughter of ras ali) and worse yet tedros married TURUWERK WUBE when she was merely 12 years old? And to add......ironically here she was the daughter of dejach wube who was languishing in one of tedros' mountain gulag when the wedding ceremony was taking place.
Last edited by kerenite on 06 Jun 2020, 15:28, edited 3 times in total.

tlel

Post by tlel » 06 Jun 2020, 17:58

Noble Amhara wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 13:36
Menelik ain’t no racist tribalist thug he was a unitarian and a head of his time he isn’t like the Agames portray him to be. He was a proud Ethiopian king who was blind to racism. Ras gobana wasn’t a tribalist or tree hugging thug like some ppl describe him 2b. He was a Orthodox Christian of the Shawa Oromifia ppl and helped his fellow Shewan brothers conquer the rebels of arsi. This had nothing to do with racism or hatred it was simply stomping out a rebellion. Most Oromos got along with Menelik. Weyane has One goal that is to spread animalistic divide and conquering tactics. Through Propaganda
Sadacha Macca wrote:
Lakeshore wrote:

Finally, you seem to make sense.

tlel

Post by tlel » 06 Jun 2020, 18:06

Sadaccha in the begining seem to write fair discussion but at the end, he is writing his intention of still his interest here, pretending to be Islamic front.

I realize there are many drama players in ER trying to create animosity among: different releigions, ethnicity, neighboring contries, powerful countries, etc. So it is better to not specifically name call but to brand them agitaters trying to provoke animosity amongst and is against Ethiopia.

Sadaccha could be sent from outsiders, former colonizers that aba Jiffar son was saluting Musolini, Sadacca doesn't tell you also Aba Jiffar was selling Oromos and other Ethiopians for slaver to foreign countries in exhcange for guns for his power. Menilik merely demanded to stop selling Ethiopioans to foreigner countries. In fact Menilik was against slavery but of course agitaters would always say the opposite because there are fools who believe that. Why Sadacca is interested in this fact? Why dr aby is being pushed to install Jimma castle by foreingers? What is the agenda?
Last edited by tlel on 06 Jun 2020, 18:15, edited 2 times in total.

tlel

Post by tlel » 06 Jun 2020, 19:15

present wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 18:10
Yes, Nobel is correct on this one. Wahabi sadacha thinks everything via tribalism but the people back then were blind to tribalism. Tedros was married to Oromo wife and when she passed away his second wife was Tigrean. He was blind to tribalism, which is a very natural thing to do

Now we have tplf nurtured wahabi who thinks he can defeat Christians and creat Islamic state of oromia. He litterally told us he hates Habeshas people as if Oromos are not Habeshas too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tlel wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 17:58
Noble Amhara wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 13:36
Sadacha Macca wrote:
Lakeshore wrote:

Finally, you seem to make sense.
Negist Tewabech Ali was Oromara from Wello whose father was the hero Ras Ali. Lelt Tewabech Ali was beautiful and Ase Tedros fell in love with her. She is the one who used to braid his hair and today, this hair braiding style is popularized all over the world and especially in the West. By the way, the Berbers whose country is taken over by fanatic Arab Muslims are also connected all the way to Ethiopia, their hair braiding is exactly the same. That being said, Lelt Tewabech died of disease and Ase Tewodros had not been the same ever since, it is at this time he became violent why people accused him of throwing them to tiger, etc, his emotion lead to deadly negotiation to British. Let us not exaggerate that every one is perfect and pure, as we are humans we are emotional and make mistakes. Ase Tewodros does not have good negotiation skills maybe caused by untimely death of Lelt Tewabech he was unhappy as result he used emotions towards people, towards foreign dignitaries, perhaps the Ase Yohannes debacle. Let us stop reading only from one side. This doesn't mean he wasn't a great leader, he was well read, and gallant.