Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Sadacha Macca

Dang the wollo oromo are tough-this is what the british said about them when they came to get tewodros!

Post by Sadacha Macca » 04 Jun 2020, 14:44

A British officer sent to Ethiopia to fight the Emperor Tewodros in 1868 said the following of the Wollo Oromos:

''They were a formidable crew, the very sort of men I’d have expected from my acquaintance with the female of the species, They were big, likely youth, not one of them under 6 feet tall, active as cats, muscled like wrestlers, and African only in color. Speedy has said that of all the countless Oromo tribes, the Wollos were the pick, and I could believe him and thank God they were Tewodros’s sworn enemies, for if they’d opposed us I doubt if one of Napier’s army would ever have got back to the coast. They are warriors from their cradles, expert fighters, splendid horsemen, and would rather cut throats than eat dinner. Fortunately for their neighbors, the 50 or 60 families of the Wollo Oromo are never done feuding among themselves, for if they ever united THEY COULD SWEEP NORTH AFRICA FROM THE RED SEA TO THE SAHARA. They must be the most independent folk on earth; those of their tribes who are republican acknowledge no law and pay taxes to no one and even the Wollo soldiers, who recognized Masteeat as their queen, served in her army as volunteers without obligation.’’

[Flashman on the March, pages 153-157]

Za-Ilmaknun

Re: Dang the wollo oromo are tough-this is what the british said about them when they came to get tewodros!

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 04 Jun 2020, 17:36

When I hear about debub wello and Oromo in the same sentence, I only think of Addis Ababa and its 90% Ameharic speaking population. The irony of our time.

Noble Amhara

Re: Dang the wollo oromo are tough-this is what the british said about them when they came to get tewodros!

Post by Noble Amhara » 04 Jun 2020, 17:38

Debub Wollo was never oromo it’s the former Amhara or Bete Amhara Province that existed since 9th century. The recent migrant Oromos seperated from Wollo and formed there own zone
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 17:36
When I hear about debub wello and Oromo in the same sentence, I only think of Addis Ababa and its 90% Ameharic speaking population. The irony of our time.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 04 Jun 2020, 17:45

Noble Amhara wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 17:38
Debub Wollo was never oromo it’s the former Amhara or Bete Amhara Province that existed since 9th century. The recent migrant Oromos seperated from Wollo and formed there own zone
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
For some, history started only about when Minilik was a king. I recently had a chance to visit places not so far from Addis to see the rubble of churches that once were majestically standing to have believers worship in. Washa Mikael and countless structures demolished a few hundred years ago are now under occupation and claimed to have none existed by the TPLF trained historians. time will tell. :|

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 04 Jun 2020, 17:50

Washa Mikael of Barara was built by Axumite Geez Amhara King Asfaha in 320 AD. Barara Zikuala Etc half of Shewa has ancient Amhara/Soddo Orthodox Abysinnian Semetic history. King Geladawos was born in Today’s Nazret and King Lebna Dengel was born in Barara/Addis Ababa

The Weyane Marxist’s handed Debre Libanos and many Amhara towns to Oromia. Amhara being the majority in Shewa and its Orthodox History

This is south of Bishoftu the center of today’s Oromia has Gurage Orthodox History

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 17:45
Noble Amhara wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 17:38
Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
For some, history started only about when Minilik was a king. I recently had a chance to visit places not so far from Addis to see the rubble of churches that once were majestically standing to have believers worship in. Washa Mikael and countless structures demolished a few hundred years ago are now under occupation and claimed to have none existed by the TPLF trained historians. time will tell. :|

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 04 Jun 2020, 18:13

Sadecha who is claiming to be Oromo has no idea about the fiction he is talking about that is like the usual fabricated story of Anole. Wello is the land of proud peoples you can not bring them down as Oromo. They know who they are and do not need to be told who they are. These peoples have a history of thousands of years. The Zagwe dynasty is being the last one and their faith-based administration was so strong we can still see one of the 7 wonders of the world there.
Being an Oromo who belives in trees and lakes in the short idol is a grave insult for Christian and Muslim Wolleyes. So do not insult them or try to disturb them by fantasizing Wollo to be Oromo.

When I say this, I don't condone the way the Oromo worship nobody has a problem before and now. Oromo ppls can worship whatever they want but they can't impose their idolatry on to other religious ppls. Of course, if they believe their way of worship is the right one then like every religion does, they can preach be it Irreecha or Qualicha in every region peacefully and grow their base. But they can not go everywhere like a mad dog and bite everyone.

This is in response to Present. I 100% agree that Oromos are Ethiopians since we live together for a long time in peace. we bleed together against fascist Italy, Somalian invasion even during the Ethiopian revolution of Derg, and at last against the fascist TPLF. These are some of the reasons that we are united than divided. I want to correct some of your written histories some of them are not true but I don't know why you want them distorted. Menilik was young boy when taken by Tewodros and I believe he is taken not as an opposition figure but he might be a uniting figure, that was wrong. You said i quote "British were well aware of the power of Ethiopians" which power are you talking about here it is not clear so I want to clarify that it was the power of unity of the people, love of freedom, protecting the freedom for their children. The freedom that we are enjoying now. Sadly some groups like OLF, Querro, OFECO, TPLF want to take that away and subjugate us again because they are the same as our enemies.

The other point is that I am not aware of Ethiopia defeating Alexander the Great and Augustus Ceasar if you have the source please let me know.

YAY

Post by YAY » 04 Jun 2020, 18:39

Hi Present and Sadacha Macaa: Do you know what the OLF "Shennieh" is fighting for?

They are conducting an armed struggle allegedly for the right of the Oromo people to exercise their right to self-determination. My question is: why do they need an armed struggle while Article 39 of the current Constitution allows them to peacefully determine their future destiny (federal autonomy , cessation, etc.); what is their purpose; and why violence?

present wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 15:28
Oromos are Ethiopians, of course, the British are nervous of anything Ethiopian so they quickly run out of Ethiopia after they defeated Tedi! They were very lucky all Ethiopian farmers including Minilk opposed Tedi at the time due to his harsh penshiments to what he believed were bandas and thiefs which most wrongly interpreted his intention

Well, again, the British know the Ethiopians defeated all major kingdoms of all times thousands of years before British was even a country. The British were well aware of the power of Ethiopians, they know how Alexander the Great was humiliated in Ethiopia, they know how the Roman Empire of Augustus Caesar was destroyed by the Ethiopians!

They somehow knew touching Ethiopia is playing with fire!!

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 04 Jun 2020, 22:03

Present ,

Do not try to decipher my identity it is clear from what I say. I am proud Ethiopian but I see Eritrean especially no as our brothers. As Isayas said they were misled but not the found the truth. What the problem to say learn from your mistake and be a better person. Actually, that is humanity at its highest form.

Once during Addis, Ababa university graduation ceremony somebody ( now I found out that guy is the member of OLF) asked Mengistu the following questions sarcastically
I quote " we Ethiopian are the hero we defeated many invaders and stayed uncolonized but how come we are still fighting ELF/EPLF for so long and why we couldn't defeat them once and for all" Guss what Mengistu's reply was I quote again " because they are Ethiopian too".

My point is when you said to me that I am you Eritrean you thought you belittled me but I don't we are the same people we worship the same God. Not an idol like OLF and OFECO tree and lakes or anole statue. Actually we have closer ties with Eritrea than Idol worshiper OLF, Quero, OFECO. For example, I never heard an Eritrean slaughter a human or rape elderly women because they are believers but the pagan TPLF and Quero did. in my opinion, to be called an Eritrea is more like an honour than called Quero or Oromo for that matter.

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 04 Jun 2020, 22:04

Present ,

Do not try to decipher my identity it is clear from what I say. I am proud Ethiopian but I see Eritrean especially now as our brothers. As Isayas said they were misled but not the found the truth. What the problem to say learn from your mistake and be a better person. Actually, that is humanity at its highest form.

Once during Addis, Ababa university graduation ceremony somebody ( now I found out that guy is the member of OLF) asked Mengistu the following questions sarcastically
I quote " we Ethiopian are the hero we defeated many invaders and stayed uncolonized but how come we are still fighting ELF/EPLF for so long and why we couldn't defeat them once and for all" Guss what Mengistu's reply was I quote again " because they are Ethiopian too".

My point is when you said to me that I am you Eritrean you thought you belittled me but I don't we are the same people we worship the same God. Not an idol like OLF and OFECO tree and lakes or anole statue. Actually we have closer ties with Eritrea than Idol worshiper OLF, Quero, OFECO. For example, I never heard an Eritrean slaughter a human or rape elderly women because they are believers but the pagan TPLF and Quero did. in my opinion, to be called an Eritrea is more like an honour than called Quero or Oromo for that matter.

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 05 Jun 2020, 02:17

Yes sir Eritreans are civil ppl they aren’t tribalist and carry machetes killing innocent ppl. The Oromos are nothing like Amhara because we don’t teach racism or Zerengnit Amara always kept Ethiopia #1 since 1200 that’s why amharic is the official language of Ethiopia cause we sacrificed the most for it.

Now the Oromo and tribalist Agames r showing there disgusting nature. Amhara like Eritrea because they are mighty Ethiopians with no barbaric evil
Lakeshore wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 22:04
Present ,

Do not try to decipher my identity it is clear from what I say. I am proud Ethiopian but I see Eritrean especially now as our brothers. As Isayas said they were misled but not the found the truth. What the problem to say learn from your mistake and be a better person. Actually, that is humanity at its highest form.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 05 Jun 2020, 16:07

Lakeshore wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 18:13
Sadecha who is claiming to be Oromo has no idea about the fiction he is talking about that is like the usual fabricated story of Anole. Wello is the land of proud peoples you can not bring them down as Oromo. They know who they are and do not need to be told who they are. These peoples have a history of thousands of years. The Zagwe dynasty is being the last one and their faith-based administration was so strong we can still see one of the 7 wonders of the world there.
Being an Oromo who belives in trees and lakes in the short idol is a grave insult for Christian and Muslim Wolleyes. So do not insult them or try to disturb them by fantasizing Wollo to be Oromo.

When I say this, I don't condone the way the Oromo worship nobody has a problem before and now. Oromo ppls can worship whatever they want but they can't impose their idolatry on to other religious ppls. Of course, if they believe their way of worship is the right one then like every religion does, they can preach be it Irreecha or Qualicha in every region peacefully and grow their base. But they can not go everywhere like a mad dog and bite everyone.

This is in response to Present. I 100% agree that Oromos are Ethiopians since we live together for a long time in peace. we bleed together against fascist Italy, Somalian invasion even during the Ethiopian revolution of Derg, and at last against the fascist TPLF. These are some of the reasons that we are united than divided. I want to correct some of your written histories some of them are not true but I don't know why you want them distorted. Menilik was young boy when taken by Tewodros and I believe he is taken not as an opposition figure but he might be a uniting figure, that was wrong. You said i quote "British were well aware of the power of Ethiopians" which power are you talking about here it is not clear so I want to clarify that it was the power of unity of the people, love of freedom, protecting the freedom for their children. The freedom that we are enjoying now. Sadly some groups like OLF, Querro, OFECO, TPLF want to take that away and subjugate us again because they are the same as our enemies.

The other point is that I am not aware of Ethiopia defeating Alexander the Great and Augustus Ceasar if you have the source please let me know.

Retarded Agame boy!

This man was there to see it, and live it, not like you, who is so filled with hatred for the Oromos; that you cannot STAND to see them being praised for ANYTHING-Hence the reason why you are here spewing your nonsensical, malicious, anti Oromo bullsh1t!

The Oromos THERE, were MOSTLY MUSLIMS at the time anyway! So what is your retarded agame mouth talking about?

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 05 Jun 2020, 16:09

YAY wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 18:39
Hi Present and Sadacha Macaa: Do you know what the OLF "Shennieh" is fighting for?

They are conducting an armed struggle allegedly for the right of the Oromo people to exercise their right to self-determination. My question is: why do they need an armed struggle while Article 39 of the current Constitution allows them to peacefully determine their future destiny (federal autonomy , cessation, etc.); what is their purpose; and why violence?

present wrote:
Oromos are Ethiopians, of course, the British are nervous of anything Ethiopian so they quickly run out of Ethiopia after they defeated Tedi! They were very lucky all Ethiopian farmers including Minilk opposed Tedi at the time due to his harsh penshiments to what he believed were bandas and thiefs which most wrongly interpreted his intention

Well, again, the British know the Ethiopians defeated all major kingdoms of all times thousands of years before British was even a country. The British were well aware of the power of Ethiopians, they know how Alexander the Great was humiliated in Ethiopia, they know how the Roman Empire of Augustus Caesar was destroyed by the Ethiopians!

First of all, what does your question have to do with this historical account of the 1860's?
Make a new post and ask this question if you want to, ...

Also...why does ethiopian internal affairs concern you? Is shane fighting eritrea? No, right? are they arming afars, sahos, and others to fight the mostly tigrinya regime that imprisoned heroes like bitweded abraha, petros solomon and others? no.

to supplement the answer is: it doesn't concern you.
Secondly, whatever decisions the oromos or others make, or desire, is theirs to make ALONE.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 05 Jun 2020, 16:14

Sadacha Macca wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 14:44
A British officer sent to Ethiopia to fight the Emperor Tewodros in 1868 said the following of the Wollo Oromos:

''They were a formidable crew, the very sort of men I’d have expected from my acquaintance with the female of the species, They were big, likely youth, not one of them under 6 feet tall, active as cats, muscled like wrestlers, and African only in color. Speedy has said that of all the countless Oromo tribes, the Wollos were the pick, and I could believe him and thank God they were Tewodros’s sworn enemies, for if they’d opposed us I doubt if one of Napier’s army would ever have got back to the coast. They are warriors from their cradles, expert fighters, splendid horsemen, and would rather cut throats than eat dinner. Fortunately for their neighbors, the 50 or 60 families of the Wollo Oromo are never done feuding among themselves, for if they ever united THEY COULD SWEEP NORTH AFRICA FROM THE RED SEA TO THE SAHARA. They must be the most independent folk on earth; those of their tribes who are republican acknowledge no law and pay taxes to no one and even the Wollo soldiers, who recognized Masteeat as their queen, served in her army as volunteers without obligation.’’

[Flashman on the March, pages 153-157]
Ye sew atela

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 05 Jun 2020, 16:18

Sadacha Macca wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 16:07
Lakeshore wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 18:13

Retarded Agame boy!

This man was there to see it, and live it, not like you, who is so filled with hatred for the Oromos; that you cannot STAND to see them being praised for ANYTHING-Hence the reason why you are here spewing your nonsensical, malicious, anti Oromo bullsh1t!

The Oromos THERE, were MOSTLY MUSLIMS at the time anyway! So what is your retarded agame mouth talking about?
They are the most loved people,don't forget moslims have no any interest in Ethiopia and its history.TPLF's Sebhat Nega and Meles knew nothing about Ethiopia.They had no any imagination.Meles mender new yaderegew ende negus hono asalefe,that is all.Many good people including my younger brother died there.Weshet backwardedness.

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 05 Jun 2020, 17:03

Saddacha

I like your passion for your cause but you need to calm down and focus on the subject. Still, you are so agitated and here and there.
Here is how I see your question. You tried to make it obvious that these bloodthirsty groups are representing Orome. That is a huge no! They do not represent Oromo peoples. Most Oromos are like many other Ethiopian are yes oppressed and they are poor. Where do you think these terrorist groups got their weapons, in general, their logistics. It is a known fact that it does not form the poor Oromo people because they do not support them rather afraid of them of course? They are rapist and killer mobs. just to answer that they got it from Egypt, and Sudan and other Arab countries who are enemies of Ethiopia because they perceive Ethiopia as the pearl of Christianity. Therefore, their agenda is not the Oromo people's agenda 100%.
It is imperative that unity is strength.

For example, look at Eritrea ELF?EPLF claimed they were marginalized and fought with the help of Arabs and the west and got their independence. Did I like it, no, but I was hoping they will realize one day that they made a mistake? However, after 20 years of independence still, young Eritrean migrates by thousands everywhere the Economy is not in great shape but their leader realized something after all the emotion and bravado settles down. Unity is more important than division. I admire Isayas because he can reform and learn from his mistakes for the sake of the peoples. on the other hand as Ethiopian, we are more than happy to live with them as a neighbor or united as one country whichever they and the Ethiopian people choose.

The core of modern democracy is based on individual rights. Every individual has the right to choose where to live, who to marry, where to go, and what religion to practice. However, in the federalist platform, there is no individual right that means you should be categorized in a group then and only then you can be heard. That is a problem because certain groups like Quero hijacked and intimidate the people and advance their agenda.

You were saying if the Oromo people choose independent will accept it of course that is the highest form of manifestation of democracy but the catch is it must be the people chose not groups of sell-out or those who have a lust for power. Therefore, before independence, they should explain to the peoples of Oromo their agenda clearly without intimidation. Explain to them what is the benefit of independence, to the people not to the leaders, than being together in this case economic and political benefits based on facts, not the fairy tell Anole story.

Then being an Oromo should be defined clearly. Speaking oromigna does not make somebody an Oromo. You should live with them, share their happiness and sorrow, marry their daughter not rape them drink from their river not bottled highland, and so on. Then those peoples approves yo as their representative then you can raise your independence to the government and the government will not have any ground to deny. So to answer your question yes I will respect the Oromo people decision if they choose to be separated but I do not care what OLF,OFECO, Querro claim because these are the groups currently oppressing the Oromo peoples and use them as a human shield against the government peacekeeping forces. However, history showed us many times people do not get wrong but groups and individuals did.

You also said if you are Amhara, Eritrea or American mind your business. That is the core of your problem. you do not know what democracy means. It is about individual rights so I can be anyone in order to stand for individual rights. For example, Take the case of Floyd the American black man who was killed by racist policemen. peoples in France, Canada, England, even China, and all over the world went out to protest. According to you since they are, not black whites shouldn't protest, since they are not American all the other world shouldn't protest did you see how ridiculous that is i.e Querro policy is.

Even if I am not Oromo I still stand for the Oromo peoples right against any group who tries to oppress them.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 05 Jun 2020, 17:40

Lakeshore wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 17:03
Saddacha

I like your passion for your cause but you need to calm down and focus on the subject. Still, you are so agitated and here and there.
Here is how I see your question. You tried to make it obvious that these bloodthirsty groups are representing Orome. That is a huge no! They do not represent Oromo peoples. Most Oromos are like many other Ethiopian are yes oppressed and they are poor. Where do you think these terrorist groups got their weapons, in general, their logistics. It is a known fact that it does not form the poor Oromo people because they do not support them rather afraid of them of course? They are rapist and killer mobs. just to answer that they got it from Egypt, and Sudan and other Arab countries who are enemies of Ethiopia because they perceive Ethiopia as the pearl of Christianity. Therefore, their agenda is not the Oromo people's agenda 100%.

For example, look at Eritrea ELF?EPLF claimed they were marginalized and fought with the help of Arabs and the west and got their independence. Did I like it, no, but I was hoping they will realize one day that they made a mistake? However, after 20 years of independence still, young Eritrean migrates by thousands everywhere the Economy is not in great shape but their leader realized something after all the emotion and bravado settles down. Unity is more important than division. I admire Isayas because he can reform and learn from his mistakes for the sake of the peoples. on the other hand as Ethiopian, we are more than happy to live with them as a neighbor or united as one country whichever they and the Ethiopian people choose.

The core of modern democracy is based on individual rights. Every individual has the right to choose where to live, who to marry, where to go, and what religion to practice. However, in the federalist platform, there is no individual right that means you should be categorized in a group then and only then you can be heard. That is a problem because certain groups like Quero hijacked and intimidate the people and advance their agenda.

You were saying if the Oromo people choose independent will accept it of course that is the highest form of manifestation of democracy but the catch is it must be the people chose not groups of sell-out or those who have a lust for power. Therefore, before independence, they should explain to the peoples of Oromo their agenda clearly without intimidation. Explain to them what is the benefit of independence, to the people not to the leaders, than being together in this case economic and political benefits based on facts, not the fairy tell Anole story.

Then being an Oromo should be defined clearly. Speaking oromigna does not make somebody an Oromo. You should live with them, share their happiness and sorrow, marry their daughter not rape them drink from their river not bottled highland, and so on. Then those peoples approves yo as their representative then you can raise your independence to the government and the government will not have any ground to deny. So to answer your question yes I will respect the Oromo people decision if they choose to be separated but I do not care what OLF,OFECO, Querro claim because these are the groups currently oppressing the Oromo peoples and use them as a human shield against the government peacekeeping forces. However, history showed us many times people do not get wrong but groups and individuals did.

You also said if you are Amhara, Eritrea or American mind your business. That is the core of your problem. you do not know what democracy means. It is about individual rights so I can be anyone in order to stand for individual rights. For example, Take the case of Floyd the American black man who was killed by racist policemen. peoples in France, Canada, England, even China, and all over the world went out to protest. According to you since they are, not black whites shouldn't protest, since they are not American all the other world shouldn't protest did you see how ridiculous that is i.e Querro policy is.

Even if I am not Oromo I still stand for the Oromo peoples right against any group who tries to oppress them.

Agame boy,

Whether Shane, or OPDO represents the Oromos; it is up to us to decide. Not for Non-Oromos to decide, especially those who aren't even Ethiopian [i.e. eritreans].

Can you prove egypt, sudan, etc, supports shane, then? You make claim after claim, but have yet to substantiate, or prove them.
You forget that OLF is secular, and has christians, muslims, and irreligious people.

It's funny that you mention how these countries supported eplf, olf, and so on; but do not mention that ethiopia itself owes its existence and its army and about.. half of its budget to foreign aid.. ethiopian rulers have ALWAYS relied on foreign powers, mengistu on USSR, haile selassie on US, UK, ISRAEL, menelik on france, russia, and others... but that's okay, right, because its in your best interests for them to support your leaders, adelem ende wondime?!

As far as eritrea goes, they are long gone, so how you feel about them is irrelevant, whatever they go through, is normal for new countries, no country is to become perfect or developed overnight. ethiopia existed for over a 100 years, and look at it? poor, under-developed, and so on.
Eritreans overwhelmingly decided to make their own nation, they paid for it in blood, so you and everyone else, has to respect it.

if your father, is oromo, you are an oromo. it's as simple as that. like most, if not all ethnic groups/nations in ethiopia: you are what you father is.

you can have your own opinions on oromo and their internal affairs-but you do not have a right, nor can you ever, impose that opinion of yours on us-nor is it your place to. you defame qeerroo, but lack understanding of what qeerroo is-it is a social movement, a movement of people, it represents millions of oromos, and among them will be those who do wrong at times, they are humans afterall; not Jesus, or angels.
it is not a political party like OLF, or OFC. and i didn't mention amharas, because at least they are ethiopians, so at the very lease, we can listen to their concerns as our neighbors and people-but eritreans? LOL they do not even border oromos!

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 06 Jun 2020, 00:11

Hey Sadach, dont answer my question with question.

Here is how I see your question. You tried to make it obvious that these bloodthirsty groups are representing Orome. That is a huge no! They do not represent Oromo peoples. Most Oromos are like many other Ethiopian are yes oppressed and they are poor. Where do you think these terrorist groups got their weapons, in general, their logistics. It is a known fact that it does not come from the poor Oromo people because they couldn't afford theme and do not support them rather afraid of them of course? Then you should tell us how they acquire those weapons before feeding themselves is it from the banks they robed that is not enough. Or you infiltrated the federal government and still both way it is a crime against Ethiopian and Oromos peoples? Please answer this question. What are you going to do for the Oromo people if you get independence? how do you govern them? You will be surrounded by an unhappy neighbor then what are you going to do after 20 years you are going to beg to come back again?

The core of modern democracy is based on individual rights. Every individual has the right to choose where to live, who to marry, where to go, and what religion to practice. However, in the federalist platform, there is no individual right that means you should be categorized in a group then and only then you can be heard. That is a problem because certain groups like Quero hijacked and intimidate the people and tried to advance their agenda.

Then being an Oromo should be defined clearly. Speaking oromigna does not make somebody an Oromo. You should live with them, share their happiness and sorrow, marry their daughter not rape them drink from their river not bottled highland, and so on. Then those peoples approves you as their representative then you can raise your independence to the government and the government will not have any ground to deny. So to answer your question yes I will respect the Oromo people decision if they choose to be separated but I do not care what OLF,OFECO, Querro claim because these are the groups currently oppressing the Oromo peoples and use them as a human shield against the government peacekeeping forces. However, history showed us many times people do not get wrong but groups and individuals did.

You also said if you are Amhara, Eritrea, or American mind your business. That is the core of your problem. you do not know what democracy means. It is about individual rights so I can be anyone in order to stand for individual rights. For example, Take the case of Floyd the American black man who was killed by racist policemen. peoples in France, Canada, England, even China, and all over the world went out to protest. According to you since they are, not black whites shouldn't protest, since they are not American all the other world shouldn't protest did you see how ridiculous that is i.e Querro policy is.

As long as you are a human being and just person you do not need to be an Oromo to stand for the basic right of individuals. your mega politics is the thing of the past

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 06 Jun 2020, 00:11

Hey Sadach, dont answer my question with question.

Here is how I see your question. You tried to make it obvious that these bloodthirsty groups are representing Orome. That is a huge no! They do not represent Oromo peoples. Most Oromos are like many other Ethiopian are yes oppressed and they are poor. Where do you think these terrorist groups got their weapons, in general, their logistics. It is a known fact that it does not come from the poor Oromo people because they couldn't afford theme and do not support them rather afraid of them of course? Then you should tell us how they acquire those weapons before feeding themselves is it from the banks they robed that is not enough. Or you infiltrated the federal government and still both way it is a crime against Ethiopian and Oromos peoples? Please answer this question. What are you going to do for the Oromo people if you get independence? how do you govern them? You will be surrounded by an unhappy neighbor then what are you going to do after 20 years you are going to beg to come back again?

The core of modern democracy is based on individual rights. Every individual has the right to choose where to live, who to marry, where to go, and what religion to practice. However, in the federalist platform, there is no individual right that means you should be categorized in a group then and only then you can be heard. That is a problem because certain groups like Quero hijacked and intimidate the people and tried to advance their agenda.

Then being an Oromo should be defined clearly. Speaking oromigna does not make somebody an Oromo. You should live with them, share their happiness and sorrow, marry their daughter not rape them drink from their river not bottled highland, and so on. Then those peoples approves you as their representative then you can raise your independence to the government and the government will not have any ground to deny. So to answer your question yes I will respect the Oromo people decision if they choose to be separated but I do not care what OLF,OFECO, Querro claim because these are the groups currently oppressing the Oromo peoples and use them as a human shield against the government peacekeeping forces. However, history showed us many times people do not get wrong but groups and individuals did.

You also said if you are Amhara, Eritrea, or American mind your business. That is the core of your problem. you do not know what democracy means. It is about individual rights so I can be anyone in order to stand for individual rights. For example, Take the case of Floyd the American black man who was killed by racist policemen. peoples in France, Canada, England, even China, and all over the world went out to protest. According to you since they are, not black whites shouldn't protest, since they are not American all the other world shouldn't protest did you see how ridiculous that is i.e Querro policy is.

As long as you are a human being and just person you do not need to be an Oromo to stand for the basic right of individuals. your mega politics is the thing of the past

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 06 Jun 2020, 11:03

sister present,

shhh when grown men are talking, go make us some buna and popcorn, like a good kid should.
You repeat the same nonsense over and over, and it's all full of lies, you're better off being quiet, than lying.
You repeat the same lies the TPLF cyber trolls used to say when Oromo were putting pressure on them, to run away to mekelle; they are agame tigrayans, not ''ascari eritreans,'' no matter how much you want to deflect and make us hate eritreans instead of hating the agame tigrayan elites and their trolls-such as yourself.
once again-there is no such thing as wanting islamic state of oromia, it'll never be a thing either.
you can lie all you want, it just makes us believe more and more, that you are a retarded, lying, fake, two-faced, agame cyber troll whose iq is equal to that of dog feces.

lakeshore,

agame boy- you are repeating yourself over and over, without bringing forth any proof, yet expect anyone to take your outlandish and outrageous claims seriously-so I'll repeat myself too.

1-If you are not an Oromo, your opinion on Oromo internal affairs means nothing. you are entitled to it, but not a single oromo will care!
2-you claim egypt, and others, support's the OLF, yet didn't bring forth a single piece of evidence or proof. so it's safe to assume that, like sister belaynesh present the agame sister, you're a liar. a shameless, bold faced, liar.
3-It's funny that you mention how these countries supported eplf, olf, and so on; but do not mention that ethiopia itself owes its existence and its army and about.. half of its budget to foreign aid.. ethiopian rulers have ALWAYS relied on foreign powers, mengistu on USSR, haile selassie on US, UK, ISRAEL, menelik on france, russia, and others... but that's okay, right, because its in your best interests for them to support your leaders, adelem ende wondime?!

As far as eritrea goes, they are long gone, so how you feel about them is irrelevant, whatever they go through, is normal for new countries, no country is to become perfect or developed overnight. ethiopia existed for over a 100 years, and look at it? poor, under-developed, and so on.
Eritreans overwhelmingly decided to make their own nation, they paid for it in blood, so you and everyone else, has to respect it.

if your father, is oromo, you are an oromo. it's as simple as that. like most, if not all ethnic groups/nations in ethiopia: you are what you father is.

you can have your own opinions on oromo and their internal affairs-but you do not have a right, nor can you ever, impose that opinion of yours on us-nor is it your place to. you defame qeerroo, but lack understanding of what qeerroo is-it is a social movement, a movement of people, it represents millions of oromos, and among them will be those who do wrong at times, they are humans afterall; not Jesus, or angels.
it is not a political party like OLF, or OFC. and i didn't mention amharas, because at least they are ethiopians, so at the very lease, we can listen to their concerns as our neighbors and people-but eritreans? LOL they do not even border oromos!

YAY

Post by YAY » 06 Jun 2020, 12:55

Dear Sadacha Macca: I asked you an honest question about OLF-Shanne seeking education

First things first: What does my question has to do with the historical account you brought up?

Answer: I think you brought this quote up to show how Wollo Oromo warriors were skillful in fighting; and the British thanked God that they were not their enemies. I took it and learned something from that. The British officer had also included a comment that the same skilled fighters were "republican" but would not hold back from feuding among themselves:
Fortunately for their neighbors, the 50 or 60 families of the Wollo Oromo are never done feuding among themselves, for if they ever united THEY COULD SWEEP NORTH AFRICA FROM THE RED SEA TO THE SAHARA.
. That behavior led me into taking note of the similarity of the current feud between OLF Shanne and PM Abiy Ahmed Ali (all being of Oromo origin). I cannot just take only one part and forget the rest of what the quoted report of the historical event stated.

Purpose of my question: my objective is to ask a critical question that needs to be answered by somebody in order to find ways to peacefully resolve the differences between the two antagonists. I think the OLF Shanne could follow Article 39 of the Etiyopiyan Constitution to make the Oromo exercise their right to self-determination peacefully(hence, there is no need to go to armed struggle), but I don't know the policy differences on this issue between the antagonists. So, I asked a question that might have incensed you. This is not a personal attack on you. You may answer the question now or in the future, or stay silent, but I believe in needs to be answered so that Oromo/Etiyopiyans don't continue feuds and civil wars between themselves, and make others in the region get involved, and hinder the attainment of peace and actual work of socio-economic development.

Why am I interested to ask? My ultimate goal is peace in Oromiya, Etiyopiya, Eritrea, and the whole sub-region of the Horn of Africa. I am not into petty details of politics by raising the question I asked. Remember: OLF just came back from its stay in Eritrea; and the current Government of Etiyopiya is trying hard to consolidate peace, cooperation in development as well as trade and commerce with Eritrea. I am not against OLF Shanne's demand for conducting Oromo self-determination, but I need somebody to educate me the need for an armed struggle while there is an opportunity for doing it peacefully. I think that that is a reasonable question to ask in order to understand the political program of OLF-Shanne. Others or I may also suggest solutions to the problems, but we would leave the ultimate decisions to be done by the Oromo/Etiyopiyans themselves.
Sadacha Macca wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 16:09
YAY wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 18:39

present wrote:

First of all, what does your question have to do with this historical account of the 1860's?
Make a new post and ask this question if you want to, ...

Also...why does ethiopian internal affairs concern you? Is shane fighting eritrea? No, right? are they arming afars, sahos, and others to fight the mostly tigrinya regime that imprisoned heroes like bitweded abraha, petros solomon and others? no.

to supplement the answer is: it doesn't concern you.
Secondly, whatever decisions the oromos or others make, or desire, is theirs to make ALONE.