Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
YAY

Re: The abiy, eritrean government must put this guy in check for disrespecting eritrea, or else we shall do it by oursel

Post by YAY » 06 May 2020, 02:02

Dear Dawi[t]: You sound much better than your earlier post

Tamerat Negera could be "an honest Ethiopian", whatever that means. Honest or not, anybody who incites the invasion of another country and, as a consequence, war, in my opinion, could not be appreciated at all. I don't think also Issaias Afwerki committed any crime over Etiyopiya just because he advocated for the Eritrean people to determine if we want to establish an independent Eritrea or not. Issaias had only one vote.

Please pay attention: we are sorry that Etiyopiya got landlocked (even if Etiyopiya didn't have its own port until the Etiyo-Eritrean federation for centuries) as a result of our referendum, but we did not take any territory that is not ours, and we did not block Etiyopiya from using our ports. Even if Etiyopiya's import-export cost increased by 25%, according to your estimates, that economic factor need not be resolved through violence, but through reasonable negotiations.

As far as I can see, Etiyopiyan population growth is not Eritrea's fault. If the rate of Etiyopiya's population growth is causing a problem for Etiyopiya, I suggest that Etiyopiya seriously consider a policy of birth control. Eritrea should not be blamed for Etiyopiya's population exceeding 100 million people. Finally, I would like Etiyopiyans to come and use our ports. At this stage of our relationship we, both sides, need to choose peace than war; and transform our discourse to what directly benefits our respective common peoples.

Dawi wrote:
06 May 2020, 00:11
YAY wrote:
05 May 2020, 10:30
But he seems to be making propaganda speeches about Etiyopiya making war on a specified peace-partner country, Eritrea, by disregarding all international laws his country is a signatory to. I have not seen you debate him opposing his proposals. I wonder if you have also reviewed the current Constitution of Etiyopiya (Article 29 to be more specific) and made up your minds. I want you to check the law of the land.
http://www.parliament.am/library/sahman ... tovpia.pdf
YAY,

The "Constitution" checkered by Isaias/EPLF before most of us even saw it coming or participate in it? Ha-ha!

You happen to memorize it. Good for you!

Believe me! Tamerat is just an honest Ethiopian; most his generation think the same way. We tolerate because you won the battle; don't forget that.

god willing, Abiy/Isaias may resolve our eternal problem once and for all.

Cheers!
Last edited by YAY on 07 May 2020, 14:40, edited 2 times in total.

Dawi

Re: The abiy, eritrean government must put this guy in check for disrespecting eritrea, or else we shall do it by oursel

Post by Dawi » 07 May 2020, 01:05

YAY wrote:
06 May 2020, 02:02
As far as I can see, Etiyopiyan population growth is not Eritrea's fault. If the rate of Etiyopiya's rate of population growth is causing a problem for Etiyopiya, I suggest that Etiyopiya seriously consider a policy of birth control. Eritrea should not be blamed for Etiyopiya's population exceeding 100 million people. Finally, I would like Etiyopiyans to come and use our ports.
YAY.

Wow! Look who is talking? Eritrea don't have the moral high ground to talk about "population growth". The "benefit" of using former Ethiopian ports is more advantageous for the dying youth of that forsaken country if anything. Your arrogant mind, can't even see that.

10's of thousands of you are in refugee camps in Ethiopia not to mention millions of Eritrean/Ethiopians living in the old country; that is not counting thousands of the following kinds.

"Survivors of a boat carrying migrants that capsized off the Libyan coast, with at least 800 people feared dead, rest after being rescued. It’s estimated there were 150 Eritreans on board their boat, some of whom survived." Photograph: Matthew Mirabelli/AFP/Getty Images

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 07 May 2020, 01:42

Brother Yay,

Why do you waste your time with this agame jerk who calls himself Dawi? We didn't ask permission to get our independence. We didn't have too. Too bad. :twisted: :lol: Let him go to hell. :twisted:

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 07 May 2020, 01:59

There is no difference between what Tamirat says and what Issu does. They're both in the same team trashing Eritrea in words and in deeds
Please wait, video is loading...

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 07 May 2020, 02:36

Issu made sure Eritrea is destroyed and unable to develope hense the need for medemer with the Agame tyrant's motherland.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... composer=0

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 07 May 2020, 03:38

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
01 May 2020, 11:04
This is the first time that I heard of Tamirat speaking. I know many Eritreans who visit ER hate the guy. And some of them paid a lot of attention to what the guy is saying. If what I heard samples Tamirat’s political thinking, he should not deserve the attention he seemed to have sought getting. There is no any rational thinking from what I heard to speak of. As for the suggestion that the Ethiopian government should shut him up, I say it is an absurd idea. There are many Ethiopians who share his fantasy. They might not have media access to speak of their views as he does. Should the Ethiopian government censors the political beliefs of more than 100 million Ethiopians ? No, First, it is undemocratic. Second, the Ethiopian government doesn’t have the power and ability to silence Tamirat and people like him. The Ethiopian government does not think for Tamirat. Instead Tamirat thinks for himself. No matter how silly ideas Tamirat might harbor, he is a free person to believe as he wishes. What I am wondering about is why some people are so focused about what he is saying. It does not worth it to monitor his every speech.
Such Eritreans live 150 years before,they don’t understand that we respect their freedom.They don’t show any love for others,nature and God.I am sorry,I have respect for all the Eritreans who died in the war,do I have to be blamed for what Mengistu did,ke Asseb wede Addis Abeba shed wenbede blew ligedlugn Egziabher new yawetagn

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 07 May 2020, 03:47

They are supporters of the regime,they din’t care of the rest.It is language,the poet Ben Johnson.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 07 May 2020, 03:49

Degnet wrote:
07 May 2020, 03:47
They are supporters of the regime,they don’t care of the rest.It is language,the poet Ben Johnson.Chaw some of you Eritreans.

YAY

Post by YAY » 07 May 2020, 11:55

Dear Dawi[t]: Why are you raising Etiyopiya's 100+ million population in relation to ports?

Poverty, right? You are claiming the independence of Eritrea has made Etiyopiya landlocked. True, like the independence of all Etiyopiya's neighbor countries also made Etiyopiya landlocked. Are you saying that Eritrea shouldn't have won its independence so that Etiyopiya could own its own sea ports? If YES, that is arrogance, if you did not realize it. Eritrean ports were "former Ethiopian ports" because of Etiyopiya-Eritrea federation and annexation (the Emperor's decision to dismantle the Federation and Eritrea's autonomy) until 1991; and now they are legitimately Eritrean ports; and Etiyopiya can normally use our ports. Let us make this a discussion of adults. What are you proposing now as a solution to what Etiyopiya's problems? Tell us a legal (recognizing the rights of the two sovereign nations) proposal and we shall see what we can do.

You are mentioning that Etiyopiya has a 100+ million population. So, what is your point, in relation to ports? You seem to claim that Eritrea's independence made Etiyopiya 25% poorer, right? Let us assume it is true (though I want to see the source of your claim). If that is the case, it is reasonable to consider a strategy, within legal bounds, either to reduce costs (you didn't even suggest for Eritrea to temporarily provide Etiyopiya with port services for free, or at cost, or on a discount), or increase wealth (by working harder and smarter?) to sustain more lives, or reduce population growth and more mouths to feed, or a combination of these and other steps. What part of this is arrogance, and supporting the invasion of Eritrea is not? If you are saying that Etiyopiya is not poor (for, if true, it is also taking care of refugees without foreign aid, including Eritreans and Tegaru), then, why complain about Eritrea making Etiyopiya poorer? What actual problems are you trying to solve? Tell us please what Eritrea's fault is for declaring itself independent?
Dawi wrote:
07 May 2020, 01:05
YAY wrote:
06 May 2020, 02:02
As far as I can see, Etiyopiyan population growth is not Eritrea's fault. If the rate of Etiyopiya's rate of population growth is causing a problem for Etiyopiya, I suggest that Etiyopiya seriously consider a policy of birth control. Eritrea should not be blamed for Etiyopiya's population exceeding 100 million people. Finally, I would like Etiyopiyans to come and use our ports.
YAY.

Wow! Look who is talking? Eritrea don't have the moral high ground to talk about "population growth". The "benefit" of using former Ethiopian ports is more advantageous for the dying youth of that forsaken country if anything. Your arrogant mind, can't even see that.

10's of thousands of you are in refugee camps in Ethiopia not to mention millions of Eritrean/Ethiopians living in the old country; that is not counting thousands of the following kinds.

"Survivors of a boat carrying migrants that capsized off the Libyan coast, with at least 800 people feared dead, rest after being rescued. It’s estimated there were 150 Eritreans on board their boat, some of whom survived." Photograph: Matthew Mirabelli/AFP/Getty Images

YAY

Post by YAY » 07 May 2020, 12:10

Dear Aurora: I am trying to engage him to express himself

This is not a personal matter with Dawit. I am trying to encourage him to express himself from his perspective. I want to see where our differences are. I want to discover why he is saying what he is saying. I think that helps both Etiyopiyans and Eritreans in outlining appropriate policies or agreements, and avoid war.
Aurorae wrote:
07 May 2020, 01:42
Brother Yay,

Why do you waste your time with this agame jerk who calls himself Dawi? We didn't ask permission to get our independence. We didn't have too. Too bad. :twisted: :lol: Let him go to hell. :twisted:

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 07 May 2020, 12:15

Yay,

The azho-le has been hinting the reversal of the Eritrean independence indirectly for a long time. He is like Seg_era. There are quite a few of them out there. He tries to sound smart but he is empty. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YAY

Post by YAY » 07 May 2020, 12:36

Dear Aurorae: True, Dawit has a hard time accepting Eritrean independence

Dawit supports Tamerat Negera's proposal of invading Eritrea and getting sea ports for free. I want to know if what he is saying is for real or political reasons. I want Eritreans and Etiyopiyans to examine his opinions. I want to read his true or fake assertions, so that we consider what is best to do in strengthening peace and cooperation with Etiyopiya. Engaging and confronting him are good for our discoveries of their "honest" concerns or propaganda lies. I am responding to you openly, knowing that he and others can be ready. Good day.
Aurorae wrote:
07 May 2020, 12:15
Yay,

The azho-le has been hinting the reversal of the Eritrean independence indirectly for a long time. He is like Seg_era. There are quite a few of them out there. He tries to sound smart but he is empty. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 07 May 2020, 13:30

Yay,

I know you have a lot of energy. You provide wonderful analysis. Go for it, I rather bring Eritrean fighting factions to see eye to eye than trying to justify to some idiotic agame who lacks respect for our nation and most of all to our people.

YAY

Post by YAY » 07 May 2020, 15:24

Dear Aurora: Peace is a difficult objective to achieve, but we've got to march on

I did not understand what you mean by "bring Eritrean fighting factions see eye to eye". You could write about it in another post. There are, however, obviously persons or people-groups---Eritreans, Etiyopiyans, diplomats, politicians, policy-makers, researchers, think-tanks, business entrepreneurs, aid agencies, international organizations, etc. interested in the region---who could read the debates in this forum because of their concerns and particular interests. Let us also give them some knowledge on what is involved in our conflicts.

Be advised that I am posting here not to convince Dawit in particular, but to give the minimum therapy possible to those infected with the madness of invading Eritrea for ports while they can use them peacefully (landlocked does not mean walled), and make Etiyo-Eritrean peace stronger and divert the focus of everybody towards improving the actual living standards of the common people---access to running water, electricity, food security, means of communications, import substitution through using local factories, improved toiletry built by the local people themselves, healthcare and medication administered/produced by native professionals, etc.
Aurorae wrote:
07 May 2020, 13:30
Yay,

I know you have a lot of energy. You provide wonderful analysis. Go for it, I rather bring Eritrean fighting factions to see eye to eye than trying to justify to some idiotic agame who lacks respect for our nation and most of all to our people.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 07 May 2020, 22:29

YAY wrote:
07 May 2020, 11:55
You are mentioning that Etiyopiya has a 100+ million population. So, what is your point, in relation to ports? You seem to claim that Eritrea's independence made Etiyopiya 25% poorer, right?
YAY,

"25 %" was Tamerat's estimate and I went along with it. My point is, that crime happened in Tamerat's and I's life time and we're bitter of you winning the battle. As E. African, sometimes the feeling of "revenge" of Tamerat's kind resurfaces & one starts saying zeraf, zeraf. That is us! I get it! I know you want to relax and eat the extra 25% of our doe but, you shall die dreaming; mark my word.

If Abiy leaves you alone Woyane and others in the future may not. You need to make a true compromise not a fake one. Isaias gets it! That is why he is all over the place helping p2.
YAY wrote:
True, like the independence of all Etiyopiya's neighbor countries also made Etiyopiya landlocked. Are you saying that Eritrea shouldn't have won its independence so that Etiyopiya could own its own sea ports? If YES, that is arrogance
Eritrea happened in our life time; remember that! I don't know about the others. I've too much attachment to the Eritrean issue; it brings memories of loss; I feel that, E/TPLF betrayed us. I feel Tamerat's pain. That's all!

YAY

Post by YAY » 09 May 2020, 02:38

Dear Dawi[t]: Your problem seems to be more of a psychological problem than anything else

You said: Eritrea happened in our life time....the Eritrean issue...brings memories of loss; I feel... betrayed....I feel Tamerat's pain. [Tamerat and I]...we're bitter of you winning the battle....sometimes ... feeling of "revenge"....I know you want to relax and eat the extra 25% of our doe [or money] but, you shall die dreaming; mark my word. If Abiy leaves you alone Woyane and others in the future may not. You need to make a true compromise not a fake one. Isaias gets it!

Yes, Eritrea did partially evolve in your life time, but its evolution has lasted more than that. It seems that you could not get over your personal loss, feeling of betrayal, bitter pain and jealousy because Eritreans won the war of national liberation. We are happy with our national victory but we also have suffered loss of beloved ones, sadness by those who are alive but sustained injuries, disrupted lives, the cost in time and resources.

The main thing you have to remember is that you came to our country and tried to dominate us in our own homeland; we did not come to your homeland and disturb you. Your side wanted to disrespect us and use our resources as you wanted just because you wrongly believed (like Tamerat does now) that Eritrea belonged to you just because some of your kings conquered parts of it at times. All we wanted was to live as free human society in peace. Our intention was not to cause you losses, injuries, pain and bitterness. We are sorry for your personal losses, but we are glad we won the war of our liberation and that we left you alone free in your own homeland.

Now, let us both decide to live in peace, and cooperate to redeem ourselves from loss, revenge, hunger, and bitterness. We could heal ourselves by thinking positive and redirecting our energies from destroying each other into benefiting each other through using the market system as a medium of distributing wealth fairly. We, Eritreans, shall compete with Etiyopiya's neighbors to give Etiyopiyans the best price to use our ports. If we did not, you use non-Eritrean ports, and we would benefit nothing from it. In that way you could gain back the honor you thought you lost in Eritrea's war of national liberation. I urge you and Tamerat to commit to live peacefully with Eritrea than choosing endless war, for secured peace is much better than unpredictable war.
Dawi wrote:
07 May 2020, 22:29
YAY wrote:
You are mentioning that Etiyopiya has a 100+ million population. So, what is your point, in relation to ports? You seem to claim that Eritrea's independence made Etiyopiya 25% poorer, right?
YAY,

"25 %" was Tamerat's estimate and I went along with it. My point is, that crime happened in Tamerat's and I's life time and we're bitter of you winning the battle. As E. African, sometimes the feeling of "revenge" of Tamerat's kind resurfaces & one starts saying zeraf, zeraf. That is us! I get it! I know you want to relax and eat the extra 25% of our doe but, you shall die dreaming; mark my word.

If Abiy leaves you alone Woyane and others in the future may not. You need to make a true compromise not a fake one. Isaias gets it! That is why he is all over the place helping p2.
YAY wrote:
True, like the independence of all Etiyopiya's neighbor countries also made Etiyopiya landlocked. Are you saying that Eritrea shouldn't have won its independence so that Etiyopiya could own its own sea ports? If YES, that is arrogance
Eritrea happened in our life time; remember that! I don't know about the others. I've too much attachment to the Eritrean issue; it brings memories of loss; I feel that, E/TPLF betrayed us. I feel Tamerat's pain. That's all!

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 09 May 2020, 07:19

:shock: :shock: :mrgreen: Another Ethiopian slams the Agame tyrant and stooges. Wey guud zendirro

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 09 May 2020, 15:27

Awash wrote:
09 May 2020, 07:19
:shock: :shock: :mrgreen: Another Ethiopian slams the Agame tyrant and stooges. Wey guud zendirro
Awash,

As Tamerat point out, it's hard to trust PIA.

However, IMO, if PIA of Eritrea supports Dr. Abiy/p2 and they're comfortable with it, it's smart to form a United Front with them including forming a confederation; I don't care what Jawar/Lidetu say!