Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Sam Ebalalehu

Re: The abiy, eritrean government must put this guy in check for disrespecting eritrea, or else we shall do it by oursel

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 01 May 2020, 11:04

This is the first time that I heard of Tamirat speaking. I know many Eritreans who visit ER hate the guy. And some of them paid a lot of attention to what the guy is saying. If what I heard samples Tamirat’s political thinking, he should not deserve the attention he seemed to have sought getting. There is no any rational thinking from what I heard to speak of. As for the suggestion that the Ethiopian government should shut him up, I say it is an absurd idea. There are many Ethiopians who share his fantasy. They might not have media access to speak of their views as he does. Should the Ethiopian government censors the political beliefs of more than 100 million Ethiopians ? No, First, it is undemocratic. Second, the Ethiopian government doesn’t have the power and ability to silence Tamirat and people like him. The Ethiopian government does not think for Tamirat. Instead Tamirat thinks for himself. No matter how silly ideas Tamirat might harbor, he is a free person to believe as he wishes. What I am wondering about is why some people are so focused about what he is saying. It does not worth it to monitor his every speech.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: The abiy, eritrean government must put this guy in check for disrespecting eritrea, or else we shall do it by oursel

Post by DefendTheTruth » 01 May 2020, 12:33

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
01 May 2020, 11:04
This is the first time that I heard of Tamirat speaking. I know many Eritreans who visit ER hate the guy. And some of them paid a lot of attention to what the guy is saying. If what I heard samples Tamirat’s political thinking, he should not deserve the attention he seemed to have sought getting. There is no any rational thinking from what I heard to speak of. As for the suggestion that the Ethiopian government should shut him up, I say it is an absurd idea. There are many Ethiopians who share his fantasy. They might not have media access to speak of their views as he does. Should the Ethiopian government censors the political beliefs of more than 100 million Ethiopians ? No, First, it is undemocratic. Second, the Ethiopian government doesn’t have the power and ability to silence Tamirat and people like him. The Ethiopian government does not think for Tamirat. Instead Tamirat thinks for himself. No matter how silly ideas Tamirat might harbor, he is a free person to believe as he wishes. What I am wondering about is why some people are so focused about what he is saying. It does not worth it to monitor his every speech.
Sam Ebalalehu,

I heard recently (yesterday or the day before) a video clip where the PM was addressing the representatives of the political parties in the country and there was a representative of the TPLF, who was trying to lecture about democracy to the PM (or trying to criticize the government for lack of democratic rule in the country) and he was stressing about talking in the name of his party (the TPLF).

The PM replied to the comments of the man saying, we brought back those who were in exile for decades from many countries, we freed those who have been in prison and who have been imprisoned solely for their political views, we cleared those who were branded terrorists and invited them home back to take part in a peaceful political process in the country, all of which were not thinkable during the decades when your party was in charge, now you complaining about lack of democracy .

Our Eritrean brother doesn't seem to have a grasp of a democracy and he didn't have a chance to witness one so far, so he is forgiven from my side.

He might have to be reminded that in a democracy there is a saying which says "i disagree with what you say, but i defend your right to say what you think" and it is unfortunate that our Eritrean brothers and sisters lacked the opportunity to witness the taste of democracy after having been "liberated" for over 3 decades.
Last edited by DefendTheTruth on 01 May 2020, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

EthioRedSea

Post by EthioRedSea » 01 May 2020, 12:34

Dirty Eritreans!
You think Abiy is your toy! Ethiopians will protect their children's future and do not accept a landlocked Ethiopia. Eritrea is inferior in military and economy to Ethiopia. Ethiopians, if they want, can march to Asseb and Massawa to occupy it. Abiy can do nothing about it as he will be killed if he acts as a stooge of Eritrea. War against Eritrea is inevitable as we see it now.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 01 May 2020, 13:04

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
Sam,

Unlike Sam I have heard Tamerat before; I think most Ethiopians including those in the leadership who had a chance hearing him identify with most of his thoughts. He is uttering in public what most of us have hidden in mind.

So those Eritreans who hate Tamerat sense what may be coming in the future. They're fully aware of the crime EPLF committed against Ethiopians; completely blocking our view of the ocean in our/Tamerat life time; EPLF secessionists made over 100 million people land locked over night. As Tamerat pointed out everything we buy cost 25% more; that increased our level of poverty by a quarter; so Meles/TPLF were wrong when declaring ports as just another commodity.

EPLF implemented what the Europeans couldn't do over centuries to us because they looked and operated like one of us. We Ethiopians became victims of EPLF when it won the battle; we are bitter of that mean disastrous action taken by them.

Talking about the battle won by EPLF? What Tamerat is saying is, it's not over until the fat lady sings!

Those Eritreans who think the status quo shall remain the same for ever are out of their minds. That's why Isaias/Abiy should find amicable solution at the get go of final agreements for the two countries to live in peace. Hope Isaias don't die without resolving this burning issue.

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 01 May 2020, 14:45

DefendTheTruth wrote:
01 May 2020, 12:33
Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
Sam Ebalalehu,

I heard recently (yesterday or the day before) a video clip where the PM was addressing the representatives of the political parties in the country and there was a representative of the TPLF, who was trying to lecture about democracy to the PM (or trying to criticize the government for lack of democratic rule in the country) and he was stressing about talking in the name of his party (the TPLF).

The PM replied to the comments of the man saying, we brought back those who were in exile for decades from many countries, we freed those who have been in prison and who have been imprisoned solely for their political views, we cleared those who were branded terrorists and invited them home back to take part in a peaceful political process in the country, all of which were not thinkable during the decades when your party was in charge, now you complaining about lack of democracy .

Our Eritrean brother doesn't seem to have a grasp of a democracy and he didn't have a chance to witness one so far, so he is forgiven from my side.

He might have to be reminded that in a democracy there is a saying which says "i disagree with what you say, but i defend your right to say what you think" and it is unfortunate that our Eritrean brothers and sisters lacked the opportunity to witness the taste of democracy after having been "liberated" for over 3 decades.
Per your claim so it is okay we can advocate about the disintegration of Ethiopia and preach the killing and rapping Ethiopians to control them. So you claimed that is democracy Ethiopians style? Well we will see .

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » 01 May 2020, 14:58

Fed_Up wrote:
01 May 2020, 14:45
DefendTheTruth wrote:
Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
Sam Ebalalehu,

Per your claim so it is okay we can advocate about the disintegration of Ethiopia and preach the killing and rapping Ethiopians to control them. So you claimed that is democracy Ethiopians style? Well we will see .
It's the expired food that's dumped in Ethiopia in the form of food-aid which the agame Defend-The-Lies call "democracy." Yes, he is correct, we Eritreans never tasted democracy, because we prefer our organic food that we produced ourselves. :P :P

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 01 May 2020, 16:06

Fed_Up wrote:
01 May 2020, 14:45
DefendTheTruth wrote:
Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
Sam Ebalalehu,

To begin with thanks wedi adi and what for a befitting nick you sport..eritra adi jeganu. Indeed! Hats off to you.

The SOB tamirat is a dreamer and dreaming costs nada.The SOB should know that eris irrespective of their political differences based be it on ethnicity, faith, region and what have will stand as one man in case of any irresponsible adventure by ethios to defend their hard won independence.

The idiot tamirat perhaps is a casual reader of mereja and reads what you fendadaw and alikes blabber here when you idiotically divide eris along faith (shiritam comes to mind). So no wonder here.The SOB dude tamirat capitalyzes on it and on many others. He idiotically believes that eris are divided and hence it is a cake walk to re-occupy eritrea.

The dreamer idiot should know something of paramount importance fendadaw and alikes don't represent eritrea. Myself an eri muslim and who belongs to the tgrayit speakers eri ethnic group can tell you on behalf of all eri tigrayit speakers that we will stand along with our genuine eri brothers as one man to defend our beloved country in case if he ventures.

Can someone forward this post to the Humar wedi Humar.
Last edited by kerenite on 01 May 2020, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 01 May 2020, 19:31

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
Great analysis. Cosigned 100%!!!

Dedebit is always dedeb
R.I.P Abay Tigray and TPLF

tlel

Post by tlel » 01 May 2020, 23:00

The idiotos of Ethiopians? Indeed the type of Tamrat [deleted] is most likely speaking on behalf of Tplf/Shabia in order to break the tie between Isayas and Aby. Look at the Defend The Truth, Dawi Weyanes saying all Ethiopians think the same way.... bla bla. This shows how Weyanes are operating as Ethiopians in order to create a war between Eritrea and other Ethiopians leaving the Weyanes/Tplf. Nice try.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 02 May 2020, 00:04

tlel wrote:
01 May 2020, 23:00
The idiotos of Ethiopians? Indeed the type of Tamrat [deleted] is most likely speaking on behalf of Tplf/Shabia in order to break the tie between Isayas and Aby. Look at the Defend The Truth, Dawi Weyanes saying all Ethiopians think the same way.... bla bla. This shows how Weyanes are operating as Ethiopians in order to create a war between Eritrea and other Ethiopians leaving the Weyanes/Tplf. Nice try.
teltel,

Don't fool yourself; those who "broke the tie" with Ethiopians were the TWINS, E/TPLF.

Let us be honest; the twins have a lot in common. That is why they came to power as partners in crime. That popular narrative that said, as thieves, they fought while dividing the loot, is more or less accurate.

That is why Tamerat showed disgust towards Meles/Isaias. He likes them both 6 ft deep,

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 02 May 2020, 00:05

tlel wrote:
teltel,

Don't fool yourself; those who "broke the tie" with Ethiopians were the TWINS, E/TPLF.

Let us be honest; the twins have a lot in common. That is why they came to power as partners in crime. That popular narrative that said, as thieves, they fought while dividing the loot, is more or less accurate.

That is why Tamerat showed disgust towards Meles/Isaias. He likes them both 6 ft deep,

Sabur

Post by Sabur » 02 May 2020, 00:52

DefendTheTruth:

Give me a break!

Democracy has set limits TO those who insight violence verbally or otherwise.

A democratic Germany does not allow "Heil Hitler" Nazi Salute. If you do, you get arrested. Nazi Salute is against the law in a democratic Germany.

To think any democratic country tolerates an act of violence by an individual or group of individuals that may result in mayhem and destruction is really absurd.

DefendTheTruth wrote:

Sam Ebalalehu,

tlel

Post by tlel » 05 May 2020, 00:08

Dawi wrote:
02 May 2020, 00:04
tlel wrote:
teltel,

Have you and Defend the truth heard yourself in your previous comment? I am refering to that, that you should not be the voice of Ethiopians saying Ethiopians hate this and that, in this case Eritreans. If you are indeed Ethiopians, aren't you shooting yourself talking rumors and negativiting about Ethiopia when you said Ethiopians hate you? That is the idiocy I am refering to. In reality, Ethiopians if they hate Tigray/Eritrea they would have waged war against them, but they didn't because even Shabia/Tplf killed a lot of Ethiopians but Ethiopians still have soft heart.

YAY

Post by YAY » 05 May 2020, 10:30

Dear All: Freedom of Speech is not Absolute Freedom

Freedom of speech, which is part of freedom of expression, is often limited by other considerations. Speeches for violent actions that are illegal in the land they are uttered could be tolerated but could also be limited. A few Etiyopiyans in this forum choose to tolerate Tamerat Negera's speeches as things immaterial or legal, or as a means of influencing Etiyopiya-Eritrea negotiations on access to the sea. I could tolerate his speeches, too, if they were done as a matter of a policy debate without particularly mentioning Eritrea. But he seems to be making propaganda speeches about Etiyopiya making war on a specified peace-partner country, Eritrea, by disregarding all international laws his country is a signatory to. I have not seen you debate him opposing his proposals. I wonder if you have also reviewed the current Constitution of Etiyopiya (Article 29 to be more specific) and made up your minds. I want you to check the law of the land.
http://www.parliament.am/library/sahman ... tovpia.pdf

Article 29
Right of Thought, Opinion and Expression

1. Everyone has the right to hold opinions without interference.

2. Everyone has the right to freedom of expression without any interference. This right shall include freedom to seek, receive and
impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through
any media of his choice.

3. Freedom of the press and other mass me dia and freedom of artistic creativity is guaranteed. Freedom of the press shall specifically include the following elements:

(a) Prohibition of any form of censorship.

(b) Access to information of public interest.

4. In the interest of the free flow of information, ideas and opinions which are essential to the functioning of a democratic order, the
press shall, as an institution, enjoy legal protection to ensure its operational independence and its capacity to entertain diverse
opinions.

5. Any media financed by or under the control of the State shall be operated in a manner ensuring its capacity to entertain diversity in the expression of opinion.

6. These rights can be limited only through laws which are guided by the principle that freedom of expression and information cannot
be limited on account of the content or effect of the point of view expressed. Legal limitations can be laid down in order to protect the well-being of the youth, and the honour and reputation of individuals.Any propaganda for war as well as the public expression of opinion intended to injure human dignity shall be prohibited by law.

7. Any citizen who violates any legal limitations on the exercise of these rights may be held liable under the law.
Last edited by YAY on 05 May 2020, 10:55, edited 2 times in total.

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » 05 May 2020, 10:51

You can not shout fire in a crowded room That is not part of a freedom of speech. But, the idiot is useless, Perhaps he is trying to awaken Eritreans, who knows :lol: :lol:

YAY

Post by YAY » 05 May 2020, 11:27

Dear Natnael Berhane Yifru: This is not about hurting feelings of foreign citizens, but fundamental principles for peace

You are talking about Etiyopiya alright. You are talking about Eritrea, too. Eritrea is a country foreign to you. Even then you are free to talk about Etiyopiya's interests and any other country, including Eritrea. We understand that Tamerat Negera is an Etiyopiyan, and his concerns are Etiyopiyan interests in a foreign country. His means of achieving his goals---war, or a threat of war--- is what is concerning to us. Why aren't you against his propaganda of war of aggression and invasion on Eritrea, in this days and age? is my question. This is about peaceful coexistence based on laws of nations. That is more than moaning and groaning.

Naty B. Yifru (ናቲ ብ. ይፍሩ) @Natberh

In a scenario of Isias Afwerki of #Eritrea's death, the ever blunt @AbbaSheger outlined what #Ethiopia should do.
For those, who'll moan & groan about what he's saying, understand Tamirat is an #Ethiopian. His concern is Ethiopia's interest. Not hurt feelings of foreign citizens.
Last edited by YAY on 07 May 2020, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 06 May 2020, 00:11

YAY wrote:
05 May 2020, 10:30
But he seems to be making propaganda speeches about Etiyopiya making war on a specified peace-partner country, Eritrea, by disregarding all international laws his country is a signatory to. I have not seen you debate him opposing his proposals. I wonder if you have also reviewed the current Constitution of Etiyopiya (Article 29 to be more specific) and made up your minds. I want you to check the law of the land.
http://www.parliament.am/library/sahman ... tovpia.pdf
YAY,

The "Constitution" checkered by Isaias/EPLF before most of us even saw it coming or participate in it? Ha-ha!

You happen to memorize it. Good for you!

Believe me! Tamerat is just an honest Ethiopian; most his generation think the same way. We tolerate because you won the battle; don't forget that.

god willing, Abiy/Isaias may resolve our eternal problem once and for all.

Cheers!