Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Abaymado

What is the secret behind African's good performance on Coronavirus?

Post by Abaymado » 17 Apr 2020, 12:35

The number of people who recovered from the corona virus around the world is increasing with incredible pace. The most notable countries who recorded this magnificent result are: German, Spain, South Korea and in general Africa are the best example.
Even though the death rate in Spain and German is high (especially in Spain), the number of people who have been recovering is surpassing 70k each.

Incredibly, in Africa the death rate and infection rate are very low. Even in some African countries the number of those recovering from this disease is very amazing.
For example: Senegal has a total cases with counted at 335 and the number of people who recovered reached 194. This is very awesome. Even the those who died are still below 2. This means more than 58% are recovered. And only one patient is in critical state. Wow, cool!

In South Africa : the number of people infected with corona virus equal to 2605. And the number of recovered from this disease is around 903. This show that 35% of the total patient managed to be recovered.
The number of people who died are around 48 and patients with critical condition are 7.

Similarly:
Nigeria: total infected= 442 , total recovered= 152, total death= 13 , patients with critical condition =2
Ivory coast: total infected= 688 , total recovered= 192, total death= 6, patients with critical condition =0
Ghana: total infected= 641 , total recovered= 83,total death= 8, patients with critical condition =3

What will all this tell us?

kibramlak

Re: What is the secret behind African's good performance on Coronavirus?

Post by kibramlak » 17 Apr 2020, 13:58

This tells that the worst may come. The next four to six weeks will be crucial to say whether the continent is lucky or not.

sebdoyeley
Member+

Post by sebdoyeley » 17 Apr 2020, 15:35

Abaymado wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 12:35

The number of people who recovered from the corona virus around the world is increasing with incredible pace. The most notable countries who recorded this magnificent result are: German, Spain, South Korea and in general Africa are the best example.
Even though the death rate in Spain and German is high (especially in Spain), the number of people who have been recovering is surpassing 70k each.

Incredibly, in Africa the death rate and infection rate are very low. Even in some African countries the number of those recovering from this disease is very amazing.
For example: Senegal has a total cases with counted at 335 and the number of people who recovered reached 194. This is very awesome. Even the those who died are still below 2. This means more than 58% are recovered. And only one patient is in critical state. Wow, cool!

In South Africa : the number of people infected with corona virus equal to 2605. And the number of recovered from this disease is around 903. This show that 35% of the total patient managed to be recovered.
The number of people who died are around 48 and patients with critical condition are 7.

Similarly:
Nigeria: total infected= 442 , total recovered= 152, total death= 13 , patients with critical condition =2
Ivory coast: total infected= 688 , total recovered= 192, total death= 6, patients with critical condition =0
Ghana: total infected= 641 , total recovered= 83,total death= 8, patients with critical condition =3

the secret most likely their pavority, if you have no money to buy, you have less interest to go to the market and bars and night club where you could meet many people.
or maybe there is no secret, the venerable people who easily could be weakened from COVID-19 have already died from another easily treatable disease. when COVID-19 came al it found were a disease hardened veterans, who have high survival skills.

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 17 Apr 2020, 15:51

You guys did not get it yet. The sole reason behind it is simply Africa is an isolated continent from the rest of the world in terms of commerce. The countries affected the most are those who invested heavily in China and the traveling to each there is like Africans go to the near by river to fetch water.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 17 Apr 2020, 18:41

Hmm....

What the Relationship Between Human Blood Type And Susceptibility to virus contraction Means For Future Treatments.

A new study coming out of China claims to have found that people with different blood types are treated by the virus differently.
For example blood type A may be more susceptible to the novel Corona virus (COVID-19) more than the other blood types. What does this mean for patients, doctors, and researchers, and should people with A blood types be worried?

The study was conducted by a group of Chinese researchers and analyses 2,173 patients who contracted the COVID-19 virus from three hospitals in Wuhan and Shenzhen and then compared them to the bloods types of the two general populations in the area. Their meta-analysis found that people who were part of “blood group A had a significantly higher risk for [contracting] COVID-19 compared with non-A blood groups.”

As outlined in the study, the normal population in Wuhan has a blood type distribution of:

Type A - 31%
Type B - 24%
Type AB - 9%
Type O - 34%

Comparatively, Wuhan residents who had contracted COVID-19 had a blood type distribution of:

Type A - 38%
Type B - 26%
Type AB - 10%
Type O - 25%

These percentage distribution differences held relatively consistent with the Shenzhen populations as well.
“The work is preliminary, but it is biologically plausible that different blood groups might vary in their susceptibility to COVID-19.” Say Dr. William A. Petri, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., of the University of Virginia, after reviewing the study.

But why would someone’s blood type make them more susceptible to COVID-19? The answer, Dr. Petri explains, has to do with how proteins on the surface of Corona viruses bind to the different sugars on the surface cells, which go hand in hand with a person’s blood type. “We know some of the Corona viruses that infect cattle have proteins on their surface that bind to sugars and sugars are what dictate blood group antigens*. If you are blood group A, you have an extra sugar on the surface of your cells called anacitosal glucosamine, which you don't have if you are blood group happens to be O.”

March 19, 2020 – A non-peer-reviewed study indicates patients with the A blood type had a higher rate of SARS-CoV-2 infection and tended to get more severe COVID-19 disease symptoms.

Furthermore, those with type ‘O’ had a significantly lower risk for the infectious disease’ compared to others, wrote these researchers on March 16, 2020.

Blood is often grouped according to the ABO blood typing system. Within the ABO group, four major categories are divided into 8 common blood types: A, B, O, and AB.
Additionally, Rh typing uses a method similar to ABO typing. When blood typing is done to see if you have Rh factor on the surface of your red blood cells, results are positive or negative.

It has long been known that people with blood type O are protected against several disease types including severe malaria, while those with other types, such as A, often fall into a coma and die. The majority of black people both inside and outside of Africa are said to possess blood type "O" hence having the chance of being protected against the virus, generally speaking of course, if only their individual and collective life styles are healthy.

Over-70s among most at risk of suffering serious complications from COVID-19 such as Prince Charles , who turned 71 in November and recently contracted Corona virus is said to be in excellent condition at the moment. And the prince's blood type is said to be blood type "O"

However, this does not mean that people with blood group "O "will never contract corona virus or that only people with blood group A are vulnerable to this virus because. The report has some experts to get worried that people with type "A" blood might panic or worry too much and that people with type "O" blood might let their guard down or get too complacent at their own perils.
8)

Okay folks, now as my part time job, during Sundays I must go to the biggest football fields in Ethiopia and declare myself as a new prophet Sun representing the great GOD from whom I brought the one and the only one COVID-19 medicine and through that collect lots of money and then go to drink lots of honey. Please God save me from the evil eyes during my holly mission since I have nothing but only your own holy mission! :P
Last edited by sun on 17 Apr 2020, 19:02, edited 3 times in total.

sebdoyeley
Member+

Post by sebdoyeley » 17 Apr 2020, 18:50

present wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 18:48
Atupi'd ascari :lol:

Over 95% of preppie don't care about going to bars :lol:

Stupi'd Eritrean Ascari :lol:
sebdoyeley wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 15:35
Abaymado wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 12:35

Similarly:

the secret most likely their pavority, if you have no money to buy, you have less interest to go to the market and bars and night club where you could meet many people.
or maybe there is no secret, the venerable people who easily could be weakened from COVID-19 have already died from another easily treatable disease. when COVID-19 came al it found were a disease hardened veterans, who have high survival skills.
sweaty wisheyu i am tired your qintir anymore so fukc of

Abaymado

Post by Abaymado » 18 Apr 2020, 00:40

sun: interesting but what is your blood type?

whatever it is we will see the whole scenario.

tlel

Post by tlel » 18 Apr 2020, 00:58

Sun, I wonder why your new Eprdf was interested in putting people's blood type on their ID card. I know you are that draconian group

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 18 Apr 2020, 18:04

tlel wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 00:58
Sun, I wonder why your new Eprdf was interested in putting people's blood type on their ID card. I know you are that draconian group
Hmm... 8)

I don't know really what you mean by "draconian group" even though during critical national emergency when human lives and human species are completely engendered in the most unprecedented new way, communally, locally, nationally and globally by an invisible, omnipotent and omnipresent merciless murderers while the common uninformed citizens have no knowledge of anything and take it easy and continue to do their century old routines, I think that the government has a duty and responsibilities to make rules prescribe necessary behaviors and engagements as well as enforce them by all means possible just to save human lives by helping citizens change behaviors for their own good and the common good of all the others leading to the common good health and security.

This then is called egalitarian which is the direct opposite of draconian. On the other hand, even draconianism might be needed at the right place in the right amount at the right time to be applied to the right target.
Why not when we are living in a wide open world where the expression IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING! :P

Please stop bad mouthing me (Sun) because I have only good intentions for all humanities and communities. I have no eprdf of my own as you cynically allege, be it new or old so please just brush the rust from your aging memory so that you may not die together with a rusty brain.

Yes indeed, putting blood type is very important if you only knew and informed from the point of view of your health and others health about it instead of understanding it only through the usual unhealthy political prism because in times of national emergencies, fatal accidents and other imminent dangers such as odd sicknesses blood transfusion might be urgently needed to save lives in the hospitals so that time might not be available in going to the very lengthy process of first sending blood to laboratories where there might be long queues for analyzing and determining the blood type and then sending results from the laboratory back to the hospital and after that searching for the matching blood type from the blood bank after which time it is made ready to be administered to the patient to save life. The process being so long there is a possibility that the patient might already die if he has lost lots of blood already just due to the tardiness of the process.

On the other hand if you have your blood type already analyzed and marked ready on your card or on some other items then the doctors can only fast pick the matching blood type from the blood bank and quickly perform transfusion and through that make you healthy, wealthy and happy for all the remaining of your life. No big deal! Here time and timing is the essence to save life because lose of blood may kill or save life, depending on how quickly and effectively the task have been performed. By the same same extension even the old Eprdf which you may not seem to like can save your life, dear life. So please take it easy and relax because no one is after your neck unless you are habitually after some other's neck!

Currently even in many western countries people who did not have their blood group analyzed and known already are rushing to the laboratories to have their blood types analyzed and determined as soon as possible since it is connected with immunity, nutrition types and qualities as well as strong virus resistance using the right nutrition based on your blood type.

In this sense the Ethiopian government is proactive and enlightened by all standards for which reason it deserves The Second Nobel Gold Medal for the informed proactive protection of the Ethiopian citizens health and wealth. Have a Sunny Day!
:P
Last edited by sun on 18 Apr 2020, 21:03, edited 6 times in total.

tlel

Post by tlel » 18 Apr 2020, 18:45

Sun

Just because everything is fine and dandy with you, you seem blind to many problems around the world, the poverty and destitute of Ethiopians. Especially you seem ignorant of people facing nazi-style leadership coming up that is why you are part of the click. You are the one who mentioned above that the Corona Virus is specific to blood type A. We know that this virus, if it is in nature is random and does not have specificity to any blood type A. So that should worry you what is this virus in the first place. Second, you turn around in your above comment saying blood type being issued on your ID is beneficial; you seem you are living in peaceful world especially today and this is what worries me the so called educated people, blind to everything as long as it fits them.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 18 Apr 2020, 19:30

tlel wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 18:45
Sun

Just because everything is fine and dandy with you, you seem blind to many problems around the world, the poverty and destitute of Ethiopians. Especially you seem ignorant of people facing nazi-style leadership coming up that is why you are part of the click. You are the one who mentioned above that the Corona Virus is specific to blood type A. We know that this virus, if it is in nature is random and does not have specificity to any blood type A. So that should worry you what is this virus in the first place. Second, you turn around in your above comment saying blood type being issued on your ID is beneficial; you seem you are living in peaceful world especially today and this is what worries me the so called educated people, blind to everything as long as it fits them.
Hmm.... :P

Yes, I am sorry about the poverty and destitute condition of the Ethiopian people but yet I don't think the poverty is the making of the new transnational government just been in power for two short years but the cumulative results of bad government dictatorial governments stretching back to 3000 years of Ethiopian history. BINGO! :P

My friend, I just wrote facts based on scientific research if for nothing but only because the thread topic asked for it and in my second comment added my opinion too also because I was specifically asked about my opinion. But then again every one has the right to choose whatever fits for them and also face the consequences of their own choice since choices have consequences too for which reason after the fact scapegoat searching and running in the circles blowing endless xurumbullee xurumbaa may not help when the big bang is all around you and marching all over the places with killing as its holly dreaming.

As far as I am concerned I have never noted or observed even the slightest smell of Nazi style leadership, but only an egalitarian transitional leadership that has liberated all criminal and non criminal prisoners from jails and concentration camps to go like the birds in the sky and enjoy political, social, economic, etc. liberties for which reason the world have recognized the strong peace efforts and awarded the government with A BIG GOLD MEDAL FOR PEACE. This is the case of exact and 100% diametrically opposite of behaving and being the so called nazi you are branding and painting on your wall. On the other hand, it also true that people in developed countries have more facilities and overall possibilities for defending themselves against these and other disease while poor countries have more immunity and more resistance against certain types of disease.

Yes, blood type on your ID is very beneficial whether you are in Ethiopia or outside Ethiopia. There are lots of people around the world who carry their blood type around just in case even before this virus episode. But now then the emerging evidence linking blood type, femininity levels and virus resistance capacities means some thing like being a matter of life and death. Right now nothing is the must in the case blood type determination. But in the future and if this virus persists governments all over the world might make blood type test obligatory national duty simply because those who disobey necessary obligations are not only dangers to themselves alone but also dangerous to others and public at large.
8)
Last edited by sun on 18 Apr 2020, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 18 Apr 2020, 19:44

Abaymado wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 00:40
sun: interesting but what is your blood type?

whatever it is we will see the whole scenario.
“Bond is stronger than blood. The family grows stronger by bond.” ~Itohan E. 8)

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 18 Apr 2020, 21:18

Africa has been spared so far from coronavirus. Why?

https://www.dw.com/en/africa-has-been-s ... a-52382666
'Pure chance'
Paul Hunter, a UK-based specialist in infectious diseases and epidemics, largely puts the absence of COVID-19 on the continent down to luck.
"If you look at how COVID-19 has spread to non-Chinese countries, most of the spread has been pretty much due to the general intensity of travel around the world," he told DW.

Many cold and flu viruses peak in winter, for example; the droplets sneezed and coughed out by people spread more easily in winter's cold dry air and when people are crowded inside together.
They then die down in warmer weather.
"When the season is warmer and more humid, the droplets transmitting the [flu virus] tend to fall out of the air more quickly, therefore limiting its transmission," explained Yap Boum, the Africa representative for Epicentre, the research arm of Doctors without Borders (MSF).

"There is nothing special about Africa not having seen a case other than pure chance at the moment."

"Droplet diseases don't seem to be as big an issue in Africa," he said, adding that SARS, a respiratory disease that is also a coronavirus, spread through 26 countries in 2003 but failed to gain a hold in Africa. Influenza epidemics are also less intense on the continent, he pointed out.
In addition, in Africa people generally don't live crammed together in such densely populated areas and they also spend a lot more time out-of-doors in Africa than they do in northern countries.
"I think that mitigates against such a severe outbreak," Hunter told DW.