Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
eden
Member+

PM Abiy appears to be doing nothing because he is following ‘herd immunity’ strategy

Post by eden » 28 Mar 2020, 23:49

The UK initially advocated this strategy but, following recent research outcomes and fierce internal criticism, reversed its decision. PM Abiy appears to be following this strategy of letting the virus work it’s way through the population with the intention of attaining herd immunity at some point.

His Health Minister is telling the public they got the cure and to go on business as usual. Some analysts see this as pure incompetence and naïveté but I disagree. It tells me his administration is following the strategy UK was criticized for even by the WHO and the EU.

In defense of PM Abiy, his administration doesn’t rule a country with a solid health sector that allows him to consider lock downs and robust testing, isolating & contact tracing to enable the slowing of the spread. To make matters worse, lock downs would cause even more economic fatalities.

So it seems to me they are allowing the virus to spread which means they are taking actions. I’m not medical expert but I think we should follow India and see how its 21 days lockdown plays out in terms of effect on public health and the economic.

tolcha

Re: PM Abiy appears to be doing nothing because he is following ‘herd immunity’ strategy

Post by tolcha » 29 Mar 2020, 03:02

I think for some reason, the spread of the infection is slow and also mortality is not that much in Africa. I don't know if the virus has some cross immunity with the usual common cold and flu that Africans daily infected with-that give them natural immunity.

free-tembien

Re: PM Abiy appears to be doing nothing because he is following ‘herd immunity’ strategy

Post by free-tembien » 29 Mar 2020, 03:28

eden wrote:
28 Mar 2020, 23:49
my tigrean brother eden where do you get the info that pm abiy is doing nothing? from digital woyane dedebit quarantine mekele :lol:

schools and universities are closed (is this nothing in your agame eyes?)
testing centers set up (of course this is doing nothing when you are agame)
implementing social distancing (not perfect) but still (agame sees nothing)
quarantine at the airport and in hotels (agame is blind what others do)
providing sanitizers and sanitary equipment and companies switching to producing such products (agame eyes are only good to see evil)

i'm not saying he is perfect but only an evil can agame can say he is doing nothing.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 29 Mar 2020, 03:36

#Corona Virus / Quarantine in India/ Police beating people roaming outside

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 29 Mar 2020, 06:04

free-tembien wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 03:28
eden wrote:
28 Mar 2020, 23:49

It is in fact called a desperate attempt of trying to revive a failed political game under the schield of global pandemic.

It would have been worth if they try to criticize the PM and his administration based on a fact, but they are incapable of that and they are doomed to such rumors and pseudo analysis.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 31 Mar 2020, 07:27

It looks like the opposition is grasping this pandemic much better than the ruling party. They even offer ways to prepare
Please wait, video is loading...

Eripoblikan

Post by Eripoblikan » 31 Mar 2020, 07:58

ኣላ ኤዱ ሽኮር ወይ-ኣኒት ኣነ ዝለጠፍክዋስ ኣብዛ ናትኪ ፈትሊ ኮፍ ኣቢልክያ :lol: :lol: :lol:

ጃዋር እሞ መዔገሲ ደርጋውያንን፡ ወየነትን እንድዩ።
eden wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 07:27
It looks like the opposition is grasping this pandemic much better than the ruling party. They even offer ways to prepare
Please wait, video is loading...