Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
kibramlak

Re: PHOTO OF THE DAY .. LOGO OF BILXIGINA/ብልጥግና FARTY .. PARDON .. PARTY.

Post by kibramlak » 23 Mar 2020, 13:37

Your hate towards Abiy aside, the 14 days quarantine on arrival is not a bad adea dude. Reports tell that all of the confirmed corona victims are the ones traveled to Ethiopia or had contacts with foreigners. The newly added two Ethiopians came from Belgium and Dubai. So, even if it was poorly coordinated to inform travellers at near real time, the measure taken by the government is a good one. Additionally, if those guys (travellers) were again informed, the Mayor of Addis provided an offer of financial support for those who couldnt afford to pay their stay for 14 days.

So by criticizing this measure, it could mean that you are potentially condemning your relatives in Ethiopia )if you do have some). There are a lot more things I dont like in Abiys governance. However, at this trying situation, all my thoughts are by his side. So, think as humans.
yaballo wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 05:39
Bilxigina cadres are nearly as bright, as clever, as thoughtful, as conscientious & as lateral-thinkers as all bantu cadres that had made African countries such an efficiently-functioning countries with bright hopes for their people - aren't they? .. Now wonder Ethiopians have so much to look forward under their newly minted & aptly-named PROSPERITY PARTY! aka under 'EPRDF Mark2' OR 'Woyane Mark2' ...DINQEM PROPSERITY NAT!! :oops:
Look at this ordeal !! Ethiopian airlines and the government should clearly, publicly and in advance inform passengers what the new quarantine policy means to help avoid confusion and being stranded.

IMPORTANT: The cost if being quarantined in Ethiopia is 1,750 USD! You might recall that the Ethiopian government has decided al passengers arriving will be quarantined at hotel for 14 days. So if you are planning to fly to Ethiopia, make sure you have this fund at your disposal. Also note that this will be only for room and food. Other expenses not included.

Question: Is this really feasible? Can people be quarantined elsewhere instead of luxury hotels? Can residents of Ethiopia be allowed to quarantine themselves in their own homes ?

Question to the medical community: Is it safe to quarantine hundreds in single hotel?

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 23 Mar 2020, 14:36

Anchin belo "citizenship right" selu semta dorom tanQa motech alu.

Even where there is a well-stablished and solidified legal gaurantee of citizenship right the major part of the world is under marshal law, they can't go out of thier homes.

The poor man should have stayed at home, if he can't afford. Otherwise can throw himself into a ditch, what son of a b**ch.

oh my citizenship right, oh my citizenship right, oh my citizenship right....

kibramlak

Post by kibramlak » 24 Mar 2020, 01:33

The anger of the man coming from Paris is understandable. However, the measure taken by the government is to protect everyone, including his own family in Addis. Look, what if he is C positive and he transmits the virus to his family? The family would also transmit the virus to others (their neibors, other relatives, people at shopping centers or in transportation, etc). You see?

The current screening methods used at the airport doesnt ensure that the one passed as corona negative is free from Corona virus. I think, the guy should be grateful to this measure as it means to protect his own family in addis. On top of that, Takele has also provided an offer of support to those who cannot afford the 14 days expenses. I hope any late comers can apply to this financial support and come here, clean up tgemselves before they become a public health risk.

You may blame Abiy for a number of other reasons. But for this one, you are off ground.
yaballo wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 17:01
Kibramlak,

The main issue is NOT the need to quarantine or isolate in-coming people to Ethiopia. It is the typically baboonish bantu-cadre style of passing a one-fits-all manner of isolating foreigners & native Ethiopians alike for 14 days in super-expensive hotels chosen by the criminal Ethiopian Airlines & by colonel Abiy-led Ethiopian junta aka EPRDF mark2.

All over the world, returning citizens are expected to quarantine themselves in their houses unless they are suspected of infected by the virus via a preliminary test on arrival at the airports, etc.

The Ethiopian fellow traveling from Paris (Shimelis) should've been allowed to isolate himself for 14 days in his home [he is resident of Addis]. Foreign tourists are isolated in hotels because they DON'T HAVE their own houses to be isolated-in when in a foreign country. OK? .. OK? Bye.