Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Eripoblikan

Abiy Ahmed: From Mandela to Mengistu in 2 years time!!!

Post by Eripoblikan » 16 Mar 2020, 09:59

Few days ago, the government tried to accuse OLF for armed clashes in different parts of Oromia. However, since the government has no legal ground to accuse the OLF for armed conflict because OLF has renounced violence, demobilized combatants under its control and concluded end of hostile relation with government of Ethiopia. I was there, as one of the mediators, I can testify to this fact.

1) OLF met with Ethiopian government leaders in Asmara and agreed to end armed struggle, return home and operate as peaceful political party.
2) Accordingly it handed over its soldiers in Asmara to the government.
3) After some delay and disagreement, OLF handed over its soldiers who remained in the country to the Aba Gadas. The Aba Gadas demobilized hundreds of fighters and handed them over to the government.
4) The governments demanded, OLF must officially and publicly disown soldiers who refused to demobilize. OLF leaders obliged. They openly, in writing and on media, declared they have no fighters left under the Front's command, and that their hostile relation with the government has ended.
5) Regional and federal government Political and Security leaders countersigned affirming that OLF no longer has soldiers under its command, no longer has hostile relation with the government and OLF shall not be held accountable for any action taken by armed groups. And the government declared that it will solve the problem of any armed group that remains on its own.

Hence, the government of Ethiopia has no legal ground to accuse OLF for actions of armed groups. OLF had publicly concluded armed struggle and legally registered as political party to pursue its objectives. Thus, I strongly advice government officials for making incendiary remarks that violates what they signed and endanger the already fragile transition .

=============================================
https://web.facebook.com/Jawarmd/posts/ ... 7124008223