Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Sam Ebalalehu

Re: VIDEO: "ብልጦች ክላሽንኮቭ ጠመንጃ አንግበው በዘረፋ፣ ባቋራጭ እና በአጭር ግዜ ብዙ ሃብት ማካበት መቻላቸው የሚይሳየው በኢትዮጵያ ትምህርት አላስፈላጊና ኪሳራ መሆኑን ነው". Dr

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 14 Mar 2020, 22:00

This might be the first time that I and Yabello agreed about anything. Yes, this is a deeply disturbing speech. Valuing a “ Kebele” leader more than a political science professor who teaches hundreds of young Ethiopians is not only inane , but also stupid.
Economists and political scientists are not millionaires and billionaires just because they are in the profession of teaching young minds. There are no that many billions in the world to pay to every PhD holder.Why such noble choice has to be ridiculed by a prime minister? Not a prime minister even an ordinary Ethiopian should not be expected to make such an arrogant speech. Why the audience is clapping for such an ill-informed speech.
Practically the prime minister said unless you are a millionaire or billionaire Ethiopian, you are nothing. Forget about your PhD that cannot able you to buy a car. What a sad speech it was, given the speech was made in the country that the majority of the citizens could not afford three meals a day.

Noble Amhara

Re: VIDEO: "ብልጦች ክላሽንኮቭ ጠመንጃ አንግበው በዘረፋ፣ ባቋራጭ እና በአጭር ግዜ ብዙ ሃብት ማካበት መቻላቸው የሚይሳየው በኢትዮጵያ ትምህርት አላስፈላጊና ኪሳራ መሆኑን ነው". Dr

Post by Noble Amhara » 14 Mar 2020, 23:00

True True True Abiy is nothing more then a Corrupt former EPDRF Cadre who is pretending to be a reformist

His ADIPA Politicians in Amhara Region are supported by no one no on likes AdP they are completely unknown useless puppets of the regime of Meshrefet

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 15 Mar 2020, 00:57

yaballo wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 22:47
Sam;

Glad we agree on the fundamentals & that is what matters. I also agree in-toto with your comment. Nothing to add except an attempt at answering your question: "Why the audience is clapping for such an ill-informed speech?." .. They are clapping because most were the same old 'lehodachew yetegezu/ለሆዳቸው የተገዙ' EPRDF goons aka cadres (OPDO/ODP+ANDM/ADP+SEPDM+etc) re-branded as 'Bilstigina cadres' plus some 'rich donors to Bilxigina party's electoral campaign'. He (Abiy) made that speech at one of his 'Bilxigina cadre-training lectures' which is a euphemism in giving them instructions/skills on how to steal election ballots. Sadly, for poor Ethiopia, it is 'the more things change .. the more they stay the same'. What a mess!
:oops: :oops:
yaballo & Sam,

When you criticize, you are forgetting that he is speaking in the "spirit" of motivating the former dud EPRDF cadres to step up to the plate to the renewed party format and turn the country prosperous. In other words, he is not talking to his freind Dr. Berhanu Nega & others like him. That is a known! No matter how you guys want to twist it.

Remember, the former cadres & the wealthy are what he has at hand with practical experience; if you've looked at the 2 parts motivation video training presentation, it was designed to uplift/unleash old demoralized EPRDF cadres the only existing talent he has at hand to turn them to drive the masses in the direction of Medemer.

So, he is right; those PHD's and political scientists like Jawar (so called calculater!)are guys who are ivory tower type personalities; haven't done anything productive that made real money except in-sighting folks by collecting donations from the public; in other words, they're ethnic pimps etc.; they aren't practical builders of anything productive; they never run a coffee shop or a "Kebele", let alone a country.

Folks like Abinet may have some dubious background as 360 pointed out however, is not any different than many other robber barons in other developed countries. Such folks may have skeleton in their closet but, are needed for countries to prosper with all their drawbacks. Dr. Abiy is enjoying their support now so, kudos to him.

Dr. Abiy is in the right direction in my view.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Mar 2020, 06:00

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 22:00
This might be the first time that I and Yabello agreed about anything. Yes, this is a deeply disturbing speech. Valuing a “ Kebele” leader more than a political science professor who teaches hundreds of young Ethiopians is not only inane , but also stupid.
Economists and political scientists are not millionaires and billionaires just because they are in the profession of teaching young minds. There are no that many billions in the world to pay to every PhD holder.Why such noble choice has to be ridiculed by a prime minister? Not a prime minister even an ordinary Ethiopian should not be expected to make such an arrogant speech. Why the audience is clapping for such an ill-informed speech.
Practically the prime minister said unless you are a millionaire or billionaire Ethiopian, you are nothing. Forget about your PhD that cannot able you to buy a car. What a sad speech it was, given the speech was made in the country that the majority of the citizens could not afford three meals a day.
I am not sure if the PM said that Profs. should show off their level of intellectualism by the amount of money they have in their pockets, I simply didn't hear( remember to have heard.

What I think to have heard is that he did say that many profs think that they are the best in everything without the need to have proven why they should be the better. I think also better here refers to their actions or engagements in the field of politics. The pM did say, not unwarrantedly in my view, they shouldn't always try to criticize or redicule everything without the need to have shown off their own version of the idea, which should be better than what they have rediculed before.

In my view this is a faire criticism and not too much a demand.

We have just recently seen a list of over 50 or so PhDs circulating in the internet trying to petition world powers to exert their influence in trying to change the course of political discourse and progress in Ethiopia.

They should be allowed to petition in my view, but at the same time, they should also be informed that they shouldn't be active just to petition others but be in a position to have left an impact on the scene that is geared towards changing/transforming the country.

So, before we ask the PM not to criticise the so called profs. isn't it also a fair demand to ask the profs what they have contributed to impact the conditions on the ground in the country?

A privilege goes hand in hand with the corresponding responsibility, and that is a simple logic in my view.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Mar 2020, 06:00

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 22:00
I am not sure if the PM said that Profs. should show off their level of intellectualism by the amount of money they have in their pockets, I simply didn't hear( remember to have heard.

What I think to have heard is that he did say that many profs think that they are the best in everything without the need to have proven why they should be the better. I think also better here refers to their actions or engagements in the field of politics. The pM did say, not unwarrantedly in my view, they shouldn't always try to criticize or redicule everything without the need to have shown off their own version of the idea, which should be better than what they have rediculed before.

In my view this is a faire criticism and not too much a demand.

We have just recently seen a list of over 50 or so PhDs circulating in the internet trying to petition world powers to exert their influence in trying to change the course of political discourse and progress in Ethiopia.

They should be allowed to petition in my view, but at the same time, they should also be informed that they shouldn't be active just to petition others but be in a position to have left an impact on the scene that is geared towards changing/transforming the country.

So, before we ask the PM not to criticise the so called profs. isn't it also a fair demand to ask the profs what they have contributed to impact the conditions on the ground in the country?

A privilege goes hand in hand with the corresponding responsibility, and that is a simple logic in my view.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Mar 2020, 06:04

yaballo wrote:
15 Mar 2020, 02:13
Dawi,

If he continues along these slippery-slope routes, the man & his cadres could do untold damage to the unity & inter-communal harmony in a country that is already teetering on the verge of collapse.

Be cher/Nagaatti.

1) - here is the song .. እኔ አላማረኝም!

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q87PvDugTGo[/media]

2) - a bonus song ... a father(?) .. a grandfather (?) & young children singing Mohamad Wardi's (?) old song .. CUTE! .. Got this nice song via 'Almaz' who posted it right here on ER yesterday. Thanks Almaz!

[facebook]https://www.facebook.com/sergo.keren.37 ... 488451829/[/facebook]

3) - here is the original Sudanese song (of above) by Mohamad Wardi himself .. Enjoy!

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-3Hb7Kj3Z4[/media]

Abet ye shermuTta neger.

Yaballo defending the unity and inter-communal harmony in Ethiopia?
Shame!