Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
TGAA
Member+

Re: BBC: If diqalaw Abiy cheats election, Ethiopia = Yugolslavia2. Ambo city: From freedom to repression under Abiy Ahme

Post by TGAA » 12 Mar 2020, 01:17

Yabello the Arab poppy, the Oromo fanatics so-called plan is to win by hooks or crooks. It is obvious that the outdated OLF and OFCO going to lose in a landslide. No doubt about it. So your second plan is to claim that the election is rigged then cause mayhem as jawar did in recent past. Jawar's OFCO and OLF are started to lay the ground to delegitimize the election before it starts. the are attacking the election board; Jawars OMN involved openly insight religion and tribal attack to create the black apartheid system in Ethiopia, So When they lose they will try to create orderliness across he country.The preparation almost finished to checkmate them on all fronts. Cry baby Cry.

tlel

Re: BBC: If diqalaw Abiy cheats election, Ethiopia = Yugolslavia2. Ambo city: From freedom to repression under Abiy Ahme

Post by tlel » 12 Mar 2020, 01:22

Yabello,

We finally found out that you are the broker when Egypt is selling our Nile water to other countries for electricity while Ethiopians are starving and can't use on its own Nile. Are you getting comission from Egypt for selling Nile water to other countries?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) » 12 Mar 2020, 01:49

yaballo,

You agame are irrelevant and have no say on Ethiopian matters. You're only in control of things inside Axum Hotel, including the prostitutes you lay with to release stress. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Abdelaziz

Post by Abdelaziz » 12 Mar 2020, 04:44

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 01:49
yaballo,

You agame are irrelevant and have no say on Ethiopian matters. You're only in control of things inside Axum Hotel, including the prostitutes you lay with to release stress. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
weyzero Tarik, ati chenawit gualwedija Elitu, have shame, ypu must know not everything that shines is Tigrean.

kibramlak

Post by kibramlak » 12 Mar 2020, 07:33

ኪሳራ ላይ የወደከው Yabello አንተኮ ትልቅ የስነልቦና እና የላይላይ ምስቅልቅል ችግር የጎዳህ ገልቱ ነህ፣ ፣
ግዞር ላይ ያለህ በራስህ የህሊና ችግር የቁም እስር ሆነህ እስተሳሰብህ ከእንስሳት በታች መውረዱን መገንዘብ ያልቻልክ በሽተኛ ነህ

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 12 Mar 2020, 16:36

yaballo wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 00:04
BBC - If diqalaw ([deleted]) Abiy's fake prosperity party cheats elections, Ethiopia will become 'the Yugoslavia of the Horn'. BBC: Ethiopia's Ambo city: 'From freedom to repression under Abiy Ahmed' (BBC).

By Bekele Atoma - BBC - Afaan Oromo; March 12, 2020.

photo: Abiy Ahmed drew a huge crowd when he visited Ambo city in his first week in office

Under Ethiopian Prime Minister and Nobel Peace Prize winner Abiy Ahmed, the city of Ambo has turned from being a symbol of freedom into a symbol of repression, as the security forces try to curb the growth of ethnically inspired rebel and opposition groups that threaten his "coming together" vision.

Ambo, which has a large student population because of its university, was at the centre of mass protests that saw Mr Abiy rise to power in April 2018 with a promise to end decades of authoritarian rule in a nation with more than 100 million people belonging to at least 80 ethnic groups.

Most of Ambo's residents are Oromos - and the protests were largely driven by anger that despite being Ethiopia's largest ethnic group, they were marginalised from political and economic power, with no Oromo ever serving as prime minister.

Acknowledging Ambo's role in bringing about change during a visit to the city within days of becoming the first Oromo to hold the prime minister's post, Mr Abiy said: "Ambo is where we are going to build the statue of our liberty, our New York."

At a fund-raising event in February 2019, the prime minister sold his watch for 5m birr (about $155,000, £120,000) to kick-start development in the city.

It was a further indication of the huge political significance he attached to Ambo, traditionally regarded as a stronghold of the Oromo Liberation Front (OLF), a former rebel group which laid down arms following peace talks with Mr Abiy.
Students were at the forefront of demands for change.

photo: Oromo Students were at the forefront of demands for change.

But a year later, there are few signs of development in Ambo, which is about 100km (60 miles) west of the capital Addis Ababa. Instead, residents are once again complaining of a return of police brutality, with young men being randomly beaten up or detained as they go about their daily lives.'I was lucky'.I witnessed some of this during a visit to Ambo.

In one instance about six policemen forced two young men to kneel in front of pedestrians, before kicking them and hitting them with sticks.

In another instance, two young men were forcibly taken to a police station. Their elbows were tied behind their backs. One of them pleaded, in vain, with the officers to untie him.

No-one dared to intervene for fear that the police would assault them too.
"I saw policemen walk around with scissors, giving haircuts to young men perceived to have long hair or afros"", Source: Bekele Atoma, Source description: BBC journalist.

The policemen were from the regional force - and their numbers were swelled last Sunday when hundreds more graduated, raising fears that the crackdown will intensify ahead of the general election slated for August. That is the first time that Mr Abiy will face the voters since the ruling coalition chose him as prime minister to order to quell the nationwide protests.

I also saw policemen walking around Ambo with scissors, giving haircuts on the spot to young men whom they perceive to have long hair or afros.

They considered my hair to be an afro but I was lucky - they let me off with a warning to chop it off myself, which I did not do as I was going to leave Ambo in two days' time.
'I was unable to access the internet'

Police just assume that men with such looks are troublemakers and supporters of rebel leader Kumsa Diriba, who they see as a major threat to western Oromia's stability and Mr Abiy's vision of forcing a new sense of national unity, known as "coming together" .

Having spurned Mr Abiy's peace overtures in 2018, Mr Kumsa, who is also known as Jaal Maro, is continuing to push for the "liberation" of Oromia from his forest hideout in the remote west.

He split from the OLF, the biggest Oromo rebel group, after it decided to turn into a political party, taking with him an unspecified number of fighters under his command.

The government suspects that Mr Kumsa's rebels have infiltrated Ambo, and were responsible for the bomb blast at a pro-Abiy rally held last month to show that the prime minister still commands significant support in the city.

The rebels, via their supporters and anonymous accounts, have also been slowly gaining a profile on social media in an attempt to raise discontent against the government, especially through the circulation of the names of victims of alleged brutality by the security forces.

The government's attempt to keep a lid on dissent has led to frequent internet shutdowns in much of western Oromia since January, and in some areas people cannot even make or receive phone calls. This is despite the fact that Mr Abiy has promised to liberalise the telecom sector and end the monopoly of state-owned Ethio Telecom.

SOURCE: https://news.yahoo.com/ethiopias-ambo-c ... soc_trk=fb
Yaballo Gadi-Galo,

why can't you stand on your own and fight like a man after claiming you are up for the fight?

Still you look for a cover under the name of Ambo, but why?

These were the Ambo youth that we were told to have staged a demonistration against the ruling party last October in the town. But do you also understand the accent of Ambo area?

Could you also tell us where the guy is going after 2 days leaving Ambo? Is that mean his mission there is finished and has to move to somewhere else?

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 12 Mar 2020, 18:57

The TPLF politicians in particular, but also the OLF ones love to tell us Ethiopia will disintegrate like Yugoslavia if they do not dictate their wish upon us. But the comparison is laughable. Yugoslavia was created by the allied forces after World War Two, by bringing together six republics to form a federation.
Ethiopia, even by TPLF’s history, has a 100 year history, meaning she existed before Yugoslavia. And it was not an allied forces who created Ethiopia, but a bold and visionary leader called Menilik, an Ethiopian.
No, Ethiopia will never disintegrate like Yugoslavia. Save your crocodile tears.
As for Abiy cheating to steal election, I do not see it coming.
First, he is the only politician right now who is trusted by Ethiopians of every ethnicity. Losing is not in his card. Even if he loses, he loses to politicians who are conducting national politics. an Ambo politician who works for the interest of An Ambo residents could be a parliament member, but not a national leader.
Not a single ethnic party leader will become an Ethiopian minister. The math is not there. No, Abiy is not losing his sleep about losing an election. I think he is upbeat because he knows even if he loses, he does not lose to a village politician, but to a politician who is foremost an Ethiopian in his/ her politics.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 12 Mar 2020, 19:01

I mean above an Ethiopian prime minister, not minister. Yes, a regional politician could become a minister if a prime minister appointed him and parliament approved his nomination.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 12 Mar 2020, 19:01

yabello the fool , Do you see these young Oromos attire, it is quite the same as their Amhara brothers in the north. How Ethiopia became so blended as it is. That is a question Yabello the arab poppy would never understand.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 12 Mar 2020, 20:10

Hmm... :P

Unfortunately if the repression you are predicting becomes a reality instead of the planned egalitarian democracy what is the problem then since repression is what you and your likes and factions are used to for the last some 3000 years? :lol:

yaballo wrote:
BBC - If diqalaw ([deleted]) Abiy's fake prosperity party cheats elections, Ethiopia will become 'the Yugoslavia of the Horn'. BBC: Ethiopia's Ambo city: 'From freedom to repression under Abiy Ahmed' (BBC).

photo: Abiy Ahmed drew a huge crowd when he visited Ambo city in his first week in office

Under Ethiopian Prime Minister and Nobel Peace Prize winner Abiy Ahmed, the city of Ambo has turned from being a symbol of freedom into a symbol of repression, as the security forces try to curb the growth of ethnically inspired rebel and opposition groups that threaten his "coming together" vision.

Ambo, which has a large student population because of its university, was at the centre of mass protests that saw Mr Abiy rise to power in April 2018 with a promise to end decades of authoritarian rule in a nation with more than 100 million people belonging to at least 80 ethnic groups.

Most of Ambo's residents are Oromos - and the protests were largely driven by anger that despite being Ethiopia's largest ethnic group, they were marginalised from political and economic power, with no Oromo ever serving as prime minister.

Acknowledging Ambo's role in bringing about change during a visit to the city within days of becoming the first Oromo to hold the prime minister's post, Mr Abiy said: "Ambo is where we are going to build the statue of our liberty, our New York."

At a fund-raising event in February 2019, the prime minister sold his watch for 5m birr (about $155,000, £120,000) to kick-start development in the city.

It was a further indication of the huge political significance he attached to Ambo, traditionally regarded as a stronghold of the Oromo Liberation Front (OLF), a former rebel group which laid down arms following peace talks with Mr Abiy.

But a year later, there are few signs of development in Ambo, which is about 100km (60 miles) west of the capital Addis Ababa. Instead, residents are once again complaining of a return of police brutality, with young men being randomly beaten up or detained as they go about their daily lives.'I was lucky'.I witnessed some of this during a visit to Ambo.

In one instance about six policemen forced two young men to kneel in front of pedestrians, before kicking them and hitting them with sticks.

In another instance, two young men were forcibly taken to a police station. Their elbows were tied behind their backs. One of them pleaded, in vain, with the officers to untie him.

"I saw policemen walk around with scissors, giving haircuts to young men perceived to have long hair or afros"", Source: Bekele Atoma, Source description: BBC journalist.

The policemen were from the regional force - and their numbers were swelled last Sunday when hundreds more graduated, raising fears that the crackdown will intensify ahead of the general election slated for August. That is the first time that Mr Abiy will face the voters since the ruling coalition chose him as prime minister to order to quell the nationwide protests.

I also saw policemen walking around Ambo with scissors, giving haircuts on the spot to young men whom they perceive to have long hair or afros.

They considered my hair to be an afro but I was lucky - they let me off with a warning to chop it off myself, which I did not do as I was going to leave Ambo in two days' time.

Police just assume that men with such looks are troublemakers and supporters of rebel leader Kumsa Diriba, who they see as a major threat to western Oromia's stability and Mr Abiy's vision of forcing a new sense of national unity, known as "coming together" .

Having spurned Mr Abiy's peace overtures in 2018, Mr Kumsa, who is also known as Jaal Maro, is continuing to push for the "liberation" of Oromia from his forest hideout in the remote west.

He split from the OLF, the biggest Oromo rebel group, after it decided to turn into a political party, taking with him an unspecified number of fighters under his command.

The government suspects that Mr Kumsa's rebels have infiltrated Ambo, and were responsible for the bomb blast at a pro-Abiy rally held last month to show that the prime minister still commands significant support in the city.

The rebels, via their supporters and anonymous accounts, have also been slowly gaining a profile on social media in an attempt to raise discontent against the government, especially through the circulation of the names of victims of alleged brutality by the security forces.

The government's attempt to keep a lid on dissent has led to frequent internet shutdowns in much of western Oromia since January, and in some areas people cannot even make or receive phone calls. This is despite the fact that Mr Abiy has promised to liberalise the telecom sector and end the monopoly of state-owned Ethio Telecom.

photo: orthodox fanatics torching protestant churches in Amhara Kilil (11-3-2020).

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 12 Mar 2020, 21:14

Yabello, it is you who failed to compare apple to apple. You are the one who said Ethiopia will disintegrate like Yugoslavia unless Abiy takes order from tribal politicians. And you indeed are the one who admit the Yougoslavia division is based overwhelmingly on religion, not ethnicity, or language per se.
I on the other hand argued the Yugoslavia disintegration will not serve as an example what is to come to Ethiopia. There is no valid comaprision to be made between the two countries.
On the other aspect, you keep arguing federation built upon ethnic identity is the surest guarantee for Ethiopia to survive. But you admit Yugoslavians , pretty much who share the same language, happened to be the victim of federation that they formed. Confusing.

tlel

Post by tlel » 12 Mar 2020, 22:57

DefendTheTruth wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 16:36
yaballo wrote:

Yaballo Gadi-Galo,

why can't you stand on your own and fight like a man after claiming you are up for the fight?

Still you look for a cover under the name of Ambo, but why?

These were the Ambo youth that we were told to have staged a demonistration against the ruling party last October in the town. But do you also understand the accent of Ambo area?

Could you also tell us where the guy is going after 2 days leaving Ambo? Is that mean his mission there is finished and has to move to somewhere else?

The reason why Yabello type are trying to destroy Ambo and take control of it, I realize Merara maybe controlled by Yabello Jawars is that When Liberation Fronts, Tplf and Shabia were allowed to come in from Gonder to Addis with happiness, eleleelta giving them food and water because they over threw Derg, Ambo was not convinced about Tplf therefore resisted Tplf and fought it not to let them in to Addis. Ambos are gallant fighters who was not tricked easily and now tody the ethnic fanatics are trying to affect Ambo people because they know you can't trick Ambo easily. Jawr, Aby are trying to control Ambo and trying to make them kneel to them while the rest of ehtiopians are watching take over Ambo.

tlel

Post by tlel » 12 Mar 2020, 22:59

Jawar type (yabello), Aby are destroying Ambo as we speak and converting them something alien they are not. No one is helping the gallant Ambo. Revenge on Ambo from Tplf to Aby