Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Ethiopia ambition is to build its own sea port

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 11 Mar 2020, 12:13

Ethiopia to develop new port in Sudan (this is an insult to Eritrea)

Ethiopia is to complete the formal possessing of acquiring land at Sudan to develop its own port.
In different occasions the two countries agreed to develop a port in Sudan that will be an optional sea outlet for land locked Ethiopia.
After Abiy Ahmed come to the premiership the two countries have strengthened the idea of developing a facility at Port Sudan, a major sea port town in Sudan.
In the latest dialogue, Addis Wog, organized by Office of the Prime Minister on the logistics sector Matios Enser (PhD), lecturer at Addis Ababa University, said that the country should develop its own port in the region.
On the discussion held on Friday March 6, he recommended Ethiopian Shipping and Logistics Services Enterprise (ESLSE) to develop ports in the region as seeing the experience of others like DP World.
“When the country normalize relations with Eritrea, the Ethiopian Freight Forwarding and Shipping Agents submitted a document for the PM to consider developing ports in a joint manner with Eritrean government,” he told Capital.
“Expressing interest is not enough, action is required since it is a serious issue for the country,” he added.
He further said that there are alternatives in the region that the government will really consider.
Dagmawit Moges, Minister of Transport, told Capital that owning a port is part of the Ten Years National Logistics Strategy issued few months ago.
“We are interested to develop ports and it is one of the interventions in the logistics strategy,” she says adding “but it should be determined by the deal with countries.”
Regarding securing the plot at Sudan she confirmed for Capital that the issue would be one of the areas that will be discussed in the latest meeting with the delegation led by her counterpart from Sudan this week.
A delegation that was led by Dagmawit paid a visit to Sudan and port facilities in the country early this year. Sources said that the current Sudanese delegation visit is the follow up of Ethiopian delegation visit.
Mekonnen Abera, Director General of the Ethiopian Maritime Affairs Authority (EMAA), told Capital that finalizing the ownership of the plot in Sudan will be done in the near future.
He said that the two countries have already agreed to give the plot for the port development, while the remaining process will be finalized in the coming few months.
“I will write a letter for our embassy in Sudan to finalize the process in the near future and I hope the case will be done soon and the embassy will receive the plot,” he added.
He added that ESLSE will be the mandated body to develop the port facility in Sudan.
Roba Megersa, CEO of ESLSE, told Capital that the plot securing process will be developed in the current year but the development might not start soon.
“Developing the area might commence in the coming year,” he added.
Some sort of consignment is coming via Sudan Port currently and Ethiopia also export limited amount of oilseed products through Port Sudan.
Ethiopia’s major port outlet is Djibouti, which enabled to develop the facility significantly compared with others in the regions. Ethiopia has also interest to get stake in Djibouti and the two countries agreed to swap shares on mega facilities in their countries.
Ethiopia also took a 19 percent share on the new development of Berbera Port but it was reported this week that the project is fully suspended.
Ethiopia has also interest to work with Kenya and Eritrea in developing port facilities.

https://www.capitalethiopia.com/feature ... -in-sudan/

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Re: Ethiopia ambition is to build its own sea port

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 11 Mar 2020, 12:25

Ethiopia also took a 19 percent share on the new development of Berbera Port but it was reported this week that the project is fully suspended.
""Northern Somalia foreign minister denies reports of Ethiopia suspending 19% of Berbera Port, the news was false. and there is nothing there, it is a lie that we do not know what the Journal says. At that time there was no change in the Ethiopian position at the port of Berbera. ” “At that time there was no change in the agreement, no change in the position of the Ethiopian government. I do not know what the press was saying, but I assure you that There is nothing wrong with that.""

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 11 Mar 2020, 12:31

aye Agamelady,
Why would Ethiopia acquiring its }own port" anywhere it could be an "Insult to Eritrea"? Nevermind whether the story, if true, is wise or not for that is Ethiopian right to do so if she so desires. But there is no reason why Ethiopia would be limited to use Eritrean ports only if that is what you mean. As a matter of fact, Ethiopia doesn't have to use our ports if she doesn't want to. No problem there. So, Somali pretending from kilil Tigrai, when are you going to declare your dream of Abay Tigrai, as something unachievable and infantile as it were? :lol: :lol: :lol:

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 11 Mar 2020, 12:41

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 12:25
Northern Somalia foreign minister...

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 11 Mar 2020, 15:32

Instead of running left and right and having interest to work with other countries in developing their port facilities, Ethiopia should rather reduce its dependence and reliance on imported goods, where it can. Despite the fact that Ethiopia's economy has been experiencing strong and high broad-based year-on-year average growth rate, the country's exports have always been poor compared to its imports, making it to suffer from negative balance of trade.

Just a thought!

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 11 Mar 2020, 16:04

present wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 13:13
Stop lying here Ascari

The idea of abay Tigray was created by you "coackroch qorchame Ascari Eritreans"

The people of Tigray already gave you thier middle finger

Too bad Ascari: Tigreans are Ethiopians

Everything is going wrong with you people. Why is that. It's because of your evil ways!!
Temt wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 12:31
aye Agamelady,
Why would Ethiopia acquiring its }own port" anywhere it could be an "Insult to Eritrea"? Nevermind whether the story, if true, is wise or not for that is Ethiopian right to do so if she so desires. But there is no reason why Ethiopia would be limited to use Eritrean ports only if that is what you mean. As a matter of fact, Ethiopia doesn't have to use our ports if she doesn't want to. No problem there. So, Somali pretending from kilil Tigrai, when are you going to declare your dream of Abay Tigrai, as something unachievable and infantile as it were? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally there was no such idea, they killed the true revolutionaries and then they have to be a slave to EPLF, the later Eritrea

Tog Wajale

Post by Tog Wajale » 11 Mar 2020, 16:06

Aziza :--- Why Don't You Tell That To Your Dedebit Woorgach Agga*me Tigriayan Prostit*ute Who*re Mother.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 11 Mar 2020, 16:08

The things Isias wants now, this was what we thought will be.It is not Isaias,it is necessity.

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 11 Mar 2020, 17:32

A longing of every Ethiopian for access to the sea!!!

Retarded Menelik addressed the heads of the governments of Italy, France, Germany, and England in a letter in 1878: “My country is far distant from your country.

“My road to the coast, to Zeila, Tajura and Aden is at present closed by the Muslims. They prevent my receiving into my country provisions, arms, agricultural implements, artisans or even messengers of the Gospel.

“Will you kindly raise your powerful voice in order that I may have this way opened to me, for I desire to inaugurate in my country European civilisation, intelligence and arts?”

Midget Haile Selassie would in 1948 present a Memorandum to the UN, saying, “Prior to the race of European powers to divide up the continent of Africa, Ethiopia included an extensive coastline along the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean.

It was only the last 15 years of the 19th century that Ethiopia had been deprived of access to the sea by the loss of the Somali Peninsula and Eritrea.

The first step in this direction was the Italian conquest of Massawa in 1885, followed by their seizure of the Benaadir and the rest of southern Somalia.

Retarded fame hungry Tamrat Negera I really don’t care about Eritrea or Isaias, what we want is our access to the sea.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 11 Mar 2020, 17:56

What we want is our access to the sea

This bitc.h must be suffering from serious mental disorders!

She has been cursing, demeaning, and insulting Ethiopia for the past few months non stop, including yesterday when she was "predicting" (out of her arse) and cheering on Ethiopia's disintegration! But all of a sudden she's here crying out for Ethiopia's lack of sea!

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 11 Mar 2020, 18:18

Somaliman wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 17:56

She has been cursing, demeaning, and insulting Ethiopia for the past few months non stop, including yesterday when she was "predicting" (out of her arse) and cheering on Ethiopia's disintegration! But all of a sudden she's here crying out for Ethiopia's lack of sea!

I didn't write it, It's a quote from Tamrat Negera, mentally deranged shabiyan [deleted]!!

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 11 Mar 2020, 18:20

Shhhh...know your level!

present wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 13:13
Stop lying here Ascari

The idea of abay Tigray was created by you "coackroch qorchame Ascari Eritreans"

The people of Tigray already gave you thier middle finger

Too bad Ascari: Tigreans are Ethiopians

Everything is going wrong with you people. Why is that. It's because of your evil ways!!
Temt wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 12:31
aye Agamelady,

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 11 Mar 2020, 19:07

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 18:18
Somaliman wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 17:56

I didn't write it, It's a quote from Tamrat Negera, mentally deranged shabiyan [deleted]!!

After having called me Agame and Tigrayanman for over 10 years, all of a sudden you start to call me Eritrean and Shabiyan, even though no Eritrean on this forum thinks I'm Eritrean. If you see me criticizing Issaias, will you be reversing and calling me back Agame! Aren't you the mentally deranged one!

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 11 Mar 2020, 19:39

Somaliman wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 19:07
After having called me Agame and Tigrayanman for over 10 years, all of a sudden you start to call me Eritrean and Shabiyan, even though no Eritrean on this forum thinks I'm Eritrean. If you see me criticizing Issaias, will you be reversing and calling me back Agame! Aren't you the mentally deranged one!
You can say what you feel with your own nickname Zmeselo. No one cares either way.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 11 Mar 2020, 19:45

opmerc wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 19:39
Somaliman wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 19:07
You can say what you feel with your own nickname Zmeselo. No one cares either way.

I wasn't even talking/replying to Zmeselo, moron!

opmerc

Post by opmerc » 11 Mar 2020, 19:48

Somaliman wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 19:45
I wasn't even talking/replying to Zmeselo, moron!
Yeah don't do that. Talking to yourself is weird.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 11 Mar 2020, 19:59

Somaliman wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 15:32
Instead of running left and right and having interest to work with other countries in developing their port facilities, Ethiopia should rather reduce its dependence and reliance on imported goods, where it can. Despite the fact that Ethiopia's economy has been experiencing strong and high broad-based year-on-year average growth rate, the country's exports have always been poor compared to its imports, making it to suffer from negative balance of trade.

Just a thought!
Whether negative or positive balance of trade, access to the see is a necessity. Even if Ethiopian economy is geared towards 100% export based, are you thinking that all the export trading should be done through airlifting? :mrgreen: If it were not for the red eye evils and TPLF's rampant corruption and looting, the country could have pulled itself outta the misery that it find itself now. Your thoughts could be helpful if you are to advice your own countrymen. :mrgreen:

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 11 Mar 2020, 21:49

I agree with my Weyane brother from Adwa AbyssiniaLady. This is a great news for us Weyane from Adwa, because if Ethiopia wants to use Port Sudan its cargo has to pass through our Tigray's sovereign territory, and we Weyane will impose import and export taxes to collect millions of dollars from neighboring Ethiopia. 8) 8)