Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
ittuabafarda

GERD: It Is OK To Be Emotional About It But Harnessed.

Post by ittuabafarda » 01 Mar 2020, 17:03

Showing emotions is ok. Often times it is ok to let off the steam. The trick is how to harness that and let a plausible long term plan come out of it. In this case the two stakeholders who have been making the most noise should refrain from reckless posturing because either way no one will come out a sole winner. They have to go back to the negotiating table and sort it all out. We should all remember the fact that both Egypt and the old country have a potentially existence ending elephant in their rooms. They both have a serious problem of population explosion where none of them have any plan to slow it down. It is a fact by experts that a new baby is born every 8-9 seconds in the old country and every 12-15 seconds in Egypt. They(Both) are sitting there and watching when everyone around them including the leaders is multiplying like worms. The Almighty Our Creator told Adam to multiply and populate the good earth but Adam was not told to overpopulate it. This Nile is a life altering for one and life sustaining for the other. And this is not funny. It is very disturbing for me to hear the el-Sisi has chosen to issue a ‘thinly’ veiled warning that can include military action against the old country. By such reckless blubbering he is putting more than 120 million of his own people in great danger, dire straits. For such military option he has to use long range and super-sonic jets supplied by the Good Ole USA and France. His vendor countries must restraint their client from such irresponsible military adventure. There is no if or but about that. They should tell him straight up that the planes and missiles they sold to him should never be used to kill children of that gem of mankind who are blacks. Get it? Never!!!!

On the other side the very capable patriot H.E. Seleshi bin Bekele and his colleagues have assured the people of Egypt that the dam is planned and built to not adversely affect or deprive them the supply of life sustaining water from the Blue Nile. They have the obligation to prove that to everyone. They should allow the mechanism built in the dam itself to be available for others to see at all times. That should not be seen as buckling under pressure but rather a reflection on our legendary goodwill. Please note that I did not use the term ‘obligation’ just because it is already inherent in goodwill. It is somewhere in there already. In the meantime, the old country should continue to finish up building the dam per its latest completion plan because it is in her birth right. I hope that will be done before the next rainy season. Then invite the representatives of Sudan and Egypt along with the two current ‘observers, USA and The World Bank, so they can see the filling process. While they are at it, invite representatives of Kenya, South Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi and DR Congo along with representatives of the UK to come and observe on site. There should not be anything to hide and there ain’t any.

Otherwise, Egypt current futile saber rattling reminds of the same battle cries by the late Nasser in the 1960’s. At times he used to brag that Israel would not be enough at his breakfast table. I still remember vividly watching some of his ‘Ringling Brothers’ style military parades when nobody asked him to do so. I was really enjoying them. Hey, when you are given a free ticket to see ‘The Greatest Show on Earth AKA Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus’ as a young man you will jump up and down. All that acrobatic acts on motorcycles? It was that good enough to give me ravaging goose bumps. Honestly, I did not know what that had anything to do with military feats. I really did not get it. But then came June 1967 and with its Six-Day War. All that circus was gone in a flash. Nasser did not get his breakfast but was forced to see less than 300 Israeli soldiers capturing his entire division, his 20,000 armed to the teeth lard behind soldiers. Just picture those fat cats in the highlands of Western Hararghe, Bale Mountains, the escarpments of Gondar, Gojjam and Tigray. Just imagine that, a halawa drunk ‘soldier’ with missing sense of direction lost in any of those localities. I know you are laughing your body off. You rascals!!! Go ahead laugh because that is exactly what I am doing. I am on the floor roaring with uncontrollable laughter. But I don’t think el-Sisi is that dumb. He knows the old country from the back of his hands. He recognizes the reality on the ground there that there are willing bigots ready to sell their souls to him because they have no soul. When we celebrate the feats of our forefathers on that fateful day in 1896, these faceless scabs among us remind us all the fact that we have our own sellouts who are a disgrace to the colored!!! They have other bigots that preceded them all the way back to 1959. Sisi's predecessors had found success using such bigots(abd’s house [ deleted ]) once in the past. You watch these scums now. They may be there already and more wlll follow immediately after the coming election in which they are destined to lose. Then you and I will witness the mushrooming TV, radio and podcast outfits preaching to their choir. You just watch. Prepare yourself for that onslaught. 2021 is going to be a scene to behold!!!

ittuabafarda

Re: GERD: It Is OK To Be Emotional About It But Harnessed.

Post by ittuabafarda » 03 Mar 2020, 03:04

Opinion #1
This paragraph in the article shows two options that el-Sisi might take: Military analysts now believe Egypt will either attempt a direct air strike or continue financing rebel groups in Ethiopia so that an indirect strike on the Ethiopian dam will be blamed on domestic politics, instead of a transnational war.
I am not sure he will go with a military option, airstrike what not. Good Ole USA and France who gave more than 200 F16’s and Mirages has the obligation to restrain their customer.
Those tools should never use to kill black folks who are exercising their birth rights. That way Sisi will end up losing it all for ever risking the lives of more than 120 million of his citizens. I think he will go with the 2nd option: gathering up bigots and miscreants like this punk who is rampaging in Wallagaa to destabilize the old country.

Opinion #2
This phrase in the statement by Mnuchin is not clear to me” ‘final testing and filling should not take place without an agreement.’ It sounds like giving a friendly and a sovereign nation an order. Is it a suggestion or an order to the owner of the dam? I thought US Treasury Department and The World Bank are supposed to be observers. When did that change? Am I right that these two were there just as invited observers? I am confused now. The old country should proceed in filling up the dam in accordance with what was agreed upon so far and invite Mr. Mnuchin, representatives from the World Bank, Egypt, and Sudan, the UK, Italy and all other Nile riparian countries to look at the process first hand. All what has been anticipated is all in theory but when the actual filling commences that will tell the fact. I am sure if the filling process affects the water flow adversely, the old country will take the proper correction then and there. I don’t think giving orders to a proud people will go down that easy in Addis/Finfine. Ok,the officials of the old country have decided not to participate in the scheduled meeting last week. Now what? It is going to be very interesting.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 03 Mar 2020, 19:33

I have been reading various comments about this interrupted discussion on the dam on this and other websites also on some papers in the Middle East. The opinions vary and are so many. Some think the decision by Mnuchin to change his role from an invited observer to a decision maker is fueled by his desire to win the support of Egypt for the new peace treaty proposal by the son-in-law of the president. Such opinions can be just guessing. If that is true then this public official has a serious problem. He is a public servant who took an oath of office to serve the USA and USA alone, not Egypt or anyone else. But that is only contemplation by those who think so and they must be very careful about that because that is what those Anti-Semi groups are accusing folks like him.

In any case, the old country has informed him that it is disassociating itself from this particular discussion. In my opinion, there should not have been any negotiating but constructive engagement and discussions. So, what now? What will this 'new sheriff in town' do about it? Hold the bag on the old country? That will not be fair and is nothing but a downright unfair foreclosure. It shows his want of expertise in diplomatic affairs. In my opinion such task should have been assigned to the State Department. You just can’t boss around a nation of very proud and friendly nation whose citizens have been pitching the last penny they have toward the construction of the dam.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 04 Mar 2020, 04:00

Egypt's effort has been not only to control this river but to colonize the old country. Don't laugh now but what else to make of it. Since 1956 it has been spoiled both by the dead Soviet Union and the West since 1979. Since 1979 Egypt has been in peace with Israel which it used to consider a sworn enemy. So after the historic peace accord of 1979 there hasn't been an 'enemy' strong enough to pose a serious treat for Egypt. So, why does Egypt need to pile up such a huge arsenal that includes more than 200 F16's and so many Dassault Rafale supersonic fighter jets? To protect itself from Italy, Spain, Libya, Sudan or the Gaza Strip? I remember reading an article many years ago where it was told that Egypt was creating a new highly mobile fighting force trained for jungle warfare. I don't see a jungle in Libya and for sure now in Sudan anymore. Do you see one? If el-Sisi decides to send some of these jets to do harm on an innocent nation those who armed him have the obligation to restrain him. The writing is on the wall in big and bold letters. Those two patriots Obbo Gedu and Seleshi are saying that the construction of the dam will continue unabated and the filling will start during the rainy season beginning July as planned without causing any harm to Sudan or Egypt. And that is it. End of story!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 07 Mar 2020, 02:15

To The Arab League - All I can say to these halawa drunk fat cats is buzz off!!! Who will tell them to stop financing terrorist groups instead? Just bug off!!! They make me sick hearing this nonsense from them!!!
Somebody should be bold enough to tell these sugar drunk, 21st body with a middle age mindset door knobs to stop financing Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabaab and other terrorist groups like these barbarians.

Egypt The Confused:

You see, that old country, that gem of the colored which produced us all has been the envy for those inspired by it and those who are jealous of it. Leaders of Egypt(not the people) cannot stand just the sight of it. Egypt's leaders have this long running dream of being the alpha male of the entire continent, a continent of close to 1.5 billion people. But our old country has been there saying 'Not today and not forever'. Mind you these leaders are individuals who think they are not Africans in private but lily whites. They take us as a bunch of dumb and clueless 'abd's, [ deleted ]). If you read some of their own newspapers you will come across reports of assaults by their eyal-al-souqs hurling racial slurs at refugees of African origin. They call them 'abd's, [ deleted ]! Go home!' As a Muslim they tell me 'Neehna Muslimin(We are one Muslims) when they are in my hood but when I am among them they will take delight in calling me 'al abd/a [ deleted ]' or when they are not in a foul mood they will just call me 'Khdaam/a servile [ deleted ]'. What incenses el-Sisi is the old country has refused to take orders from him. For him, he could not and will never understand why all these abd's/[ deleted ] are not bowing to him and heed his orders at once. He expects us to do jumping jack whenever he whistles 'Ya Bilaadi' and scream 'Praise The Lord' from the top of our lungs whenever he sneezes!!! That ain't gonna happen!!! The old country in its usual civil manners has assured and told him that the dam will never and ever harm our dear brothers and sisters in both Egypt and Sudan and el-Sisi knows that as a matter of fact. His problem is these 'abd's [ deleted ] are not stooping low and obey his orders. Who in the right mind our people known for their legendary generosity suddenly decided to build a dam just to harm their neighbors? Anyone who thinks that way must be a person with a sick mind. But kudos to Sudan!!! Djibouti and Somalia are trying to be diplomatic and they should be but they will never give el-Sisi the green light to send his fighter jets and kill black folks like them. Those who will be victimized will also include Somalis and Afars. What el-Sisi is doing like someone who is not even your immediate neighbor coming to your house ordering you to stop cooking inside your house and in your own kitchen to stop cooking because he does not like the smell of onions. How is that? How does that work? Ain't gonna fly bud!!!!

Ahram was either lying or twisting facts about Djibouti, Somalia and UAE. Djibouti will never, ever throw the old country to the wolves. Somalia will never do that now. These three countries did not endorse it or oppose it. They were indifferent and I expect them to be so. As I have said before, if el-Sisi is doing this as a rehearsal for possible military action, then he will end up losing it all and his reckless action will not only put his more than 100 million citizens at grave danger but also the people of Sudan. He needs to be restrained by those who armed him with latest supersonic fighter jets. Those deadly weapons should never be used to kill innocent black folks who are only exercising their birth rights which will never harm others.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 08 Mar 2020, 17:16

Those who may doubt Djibouti and Somalia should look back at what really happened in 1977-78. Ziad Barre’s invasion during the years 1977-78. First, the territory they occupied did not extend all the way to Awash. They were stopped at the area surrounding Afdem(Aware to Afars). Even there they did not establish any government. What they were doing was lay siege and pillage where they were marching. Such wanton destructive behavior did not go down well with our Issa brothers and sisters. If they had made any presence felt was sending their marauding elements to conduct cattle raiding in areas close to Awash in the vicinity of Harbaa(Bordode). Our Afar brothers and sisters had showed Ziad’s vagabond army who the real boss was months before the gallant countrymen flushed them out from the country in 1978. We should all remember that it was Ziad who invaded the old country not our Somali brothers and sisters. Our Issa brothers thru their then leader Ugaas had told Ziad’s army to leave their territory months before the final flush out at Karamara. According to my longtime Issa brothers the reason their tribe turned back of Ziad Barre’s thugs was because of ethical difference. Those thugs were disrespecting everyone including Issa elders. When our Issa brothers opposed to the murdering of Ethiopian students and others who fled the blood bath of Mengistu unleashed, Ziad’s hooligans were hurling insults so vile they never heard of them before. One example was ‘You are opposing the execution because you like bending over for Mengistu and Haile before him. They have turned you into [deleted].’ Such and other even worse insults had enraged our Issa brothers and sisters. That way they threw those rowdy soldiers out of their territory. So we should give credit where it is due. Our gallant Afar and Issa brothers had played a demoralizing role on Ziad’s army months before the final clean up at Karamara. Yes the militia had played a critical role in stopping the rampaging Ziad army at the gates of Harar and Dire Dawa but if the Issas and Afars did not do the preliminary job of the chasing away from the entire area along the old railway line and if these two had fully cooperated with and welcomed the enemy it would have been a different story. Also let’s not give credit to that bloodthirsty Mengistu. It was the field officers and commanders who came up with a brilliant final war plan who deserve the credit for dealing the telling and final blow to Ziad. Mengistu ended up sending many of those brilliant military strategists to the gallows at later dates. Mengistu was too dumb even to read a map. That is what Mengistu’s apologists have been doing. We hear them deifying like he was a nationalist. How does one become a nationalist when he is killing citizens in their hundreds of thousands? How does one can be worshiped as a nationalist when he imports the best of the best khamr from Europe just to celebrate the anniversary of his usurp of political power when millions were dying from starvation? How does one cut and run away like a rabbit when enemies are at the gate? How? How? How? Get outta here!!!! Nuff said!!!!

Also, Mengistu was not a leader of a transitional government because there was no such a government. It was a government of thugs led by the never quenching bloodthirsty Mengistu. Is this the kind of government we call transitional and some of us are demanding now. By 1977 that demon and his Paris trained commie allies had killed and maimed more than half a million people. He had sent every member of his own Derg murderous outfit with the mildest dissent to the firing squad and piano wire experts. His strongest opposition was another poorly organized commie group who just didn’t stand their former classmates of his Paris trained deacons of Marx.

I also wish if this young PM Abiy did not use the phrase ‘Colonel Mengistu Hailemariam’s administration’. It shows those long hours at work are catching up to him somehow compromising his thinking gears upstairs. I prefer to see it as just a slip of the tongue as a result of talking too much. He should have given the due credit to those brilliant field commanders. I hope this is not a signal for a becoming of him in the coming months. I know politicians often times move their jaws to feed on raw emotions of citizens but I don’t think he had the proper counseling on this one.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 10 Mar 2020, 19:29

A) Upon Reading News About PM Abiy's Meeting With The Military Commanders:

It is going to be very dangerous situation for both countries because if a war breaks out I am not sure it will be one that will end as it starts. But Egypt will end up losing it all. It may already have information about the whereabouts and strength of the old country’s armed forces thanks to some of those groups who used to scavenge at the dumpsites at Asmara because they were also scavenging at refuse sites in Al-Qahirah. These groups as just the same as those traitors during the 2nd Italo-Abyssinian War of 1935-36. I had read historical accounts where our own native traitors passing over information about the next move by the Ethiopian armed forces both on the Northern and Southern fronts. Both fascist commanders were said to know at least two days before our soldiers began moving. They knew where and when our patriotic defense forces would be located. They both commanders would send their airplanes to drop deadly mustard gas bombs on our country at their vulnerable situations. Those traitors had managed to get access to everything the Emperor was planning and they were said to rush to those spies who were in the capital under the guise of working for foreign legations. In one instance it was told that the Italian commander of the southern front Graziani knew when and where our countrymen would be at least two days before they started moving. He then sent several bombers armed with mustard gas and other asphyxiating banned chemicals and the result was a slaughter. Our soldiers were caught on the open field and their light clothing the skin was exposed to the effects of mustard gas. Thousands were massacred before making any contact with the enemy on the battlefield. That had a devastating moral effect on the fighting spirit of our men. That is because of those traitors in the capital. What I would like to see is the government there looking at who did what in Egypt during those years especially after 2005. It is time for our patriotic intelligence officers to go to work on this one. We have to be prepared for news about Egypt’s use of chemical or biological weapons and I am saying this knowing what they had done in the past. They had used deadly chemicals during the North Yemen civil war in the 1960’s because much-touted-for-nothing Egyptian soldiers were embarrassed and humiliated on the battlefields by the ragtag North Yemeni guerrillas. Nasser used every type of deadly chemicals on villages killing thousands and permanently blinding/maiming thousands others. I did not make it up or am not tryig to spread fears. You can read it here: warisboring.com/lessons-from-egypt-s-chemical-war-in-yemen/ and here: fas.org/nuke/guide/egypt/cw/index.html. If Egypt will find the use of deadly weapons of mass destruction in the conflict too damaging diplomatically then it will give such weapons to terrorists and some of these bigots running wild in the old country these days. Those war mongers and their lacking in Al-Qahirah have been telling the old country all about it. They told everyone that every option will be on the table. That was what they have been mumbling with, right? Every option, yo’ll!!!

The attempt on the life of the current Sudanese Prime Minister yesterday tells me the assault has already begun. For el-Sisi Sudan has to be brought back in to be on the ‘program’ first. Then the other ‘abd’s/[ deleted ]’ in Addis/Finfine will be next!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 10 Mar 2020, 19:48

B) Upon Hearing the News That Sudan Rejecting Egypt's Draft Loaded With Lies:

Atta boy Sudan!!! Ahram was either lying or twisting facts about Djibouti, Somalia and UAE. Djibouti will never, ever throw the old country to the wolves. Somalia will never do that now. These three countries did not endorse it or oppose it. They were indifferent and I expect them to be so. As I have said before, if el-Sisi is doing this as a rehearsal for possible military action, then he will end up losing it all and his reckless action will not only put his more than 100 million citizens at grave danger but also the people of Sudan. He needs to be restrained by those who armed him with latest supersonic fighter jets. Those deadly weapons should never be used to kill innocent black folks who are only exercising their birth rights which will never harm others.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 13 Mar 2020, 20:44

I think Shoukry should take his case to Bugs Bunny, Ms. Piggy, Kermit the Frog, Mickey Mouse and probably Dumbo the Baby Elephant. While he is at it seeing White Citizens Council may not hurt!!! And, and he should swing by to ask for justice with Tweedy Bird so she can exclaim to him I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat. I did I did I taw puddy GERD!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 13 Mar 2020, 23:08

I am quite sure those bigots are salivating at this impasse. They are salivating at what they can be of service to el-Sisi and the bread crumbs he will be willing to throw at them. Remember these individuals and groups have no self-respect and had proven that to all of us when they were scavenging at the dump sites at Al-Qahirah and other out of the country capitals. They have no value and above all no soul because they had sold it to the sworn enemy devil. Brace yourself for mushrooming foreign based and well financed TV stations, websites and podcasts under the guise of community contributed donations. We had seen that already, don't we? They will continue to puke around their poison among noble people by call one a neftegna and calling the other Oromo extremist. They will continue to serve el-Sisi and The Citizens Council until the noble people of Oromos and Amharas go at each other's throat which will make the western and eastern borders 'la citta aperta!' for their master in Al-Qahirah. Then it is 'dinner served!’ Ethiopia will effectively be out of Oromia and Oromia will be out of Ethiopia!!! Hey you Ethiopia!!! Get out of Oromia! Hey you Oromia!!! Get out of Ethiopia!!! Wait a minute!!! I think I have the sequence in reverse here!!! I think these bigots know how to do it better than this stubborn Afro/Ethio-centric grandpa here. First out Oromia!! No, no!! First out Ethiopia!!! I gave up!!! Help!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 23 Mar 2020, 02:33

You hear that el-Sisi? Brother Paul Kagame is telling you that ‘scientific analysis by technical experts should be a base for cooperation in the Nile Basin’. Scientific analysis by technical experts but not be long gone racist colonialists of 1929 or 59 or whatever they had concocted then. GERD will be ready and it will be filled without harming anyone. Full stop, end of story!!! Otherwise find someone who can read you a story or two by Scheherazade from her One Thousand and One Nights fairy tales. I suggest the story told in Fifth Voyage of Sinbad the Sailor! I think The Old Man of The Sea will fit the bill very well here and now!!! We know what you are trying to do. With new advisers guidance you are trying to foreclose the Nile on poor people!!!