Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
opmerc
Member
Posts: 457
Joined: 02 Jun 2019, 13:56

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by opmerc » 26 Feb 2020, 01:59

TGAA wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 19:29
Both ADP and AZeMa are spinless political hacks who failed time and time gain to stand with Amhara people when the Oromo tribal goons burn church and uproot Amharas and conduct an open campaign to liquidated the whole Amhara persona.
Let us leave Abiy on a side for a min, but the Azema and ODP has failed to register their Objection when tribal pimps coming into a city , disturbing religion places with a federal police standing by or actively involving and encouraging it. So More or less , Nama has done a better job of reacting ahead of the crime or right after it. If the other Political organization continue to fail to do their job -- always Nama going to be an alternative. Baldras has done more to stop the Oromo fanatics on their tracks than ODP or Azema . One can support Abiy without letting the unleashed tribal dogs roam the country as they want, if one can not stop them , one has to make a clear statement against them. Both try to find an excuse in the name of helping the reformist Abey. It is a political nonsense to put all Ethiopian eggs in just one basket . I don't think these political organization have a second plan at all I meant ADP and AZema , I assure you though jawar and weyanes have. In this uncharted waters anything can happen -- we don't need to wait things to fall in our lap . Help when we have to stand up when we have to , kick some [deleted] when we must .

I don't know how you can hold ADP or EZEMA responsible for solving country wide security issues (EZEMA doesn't even hold elected office) but you absolve NAMA as having done enough by just public announcements alone. Because that's all they ever did or do. It's easy to do that when they are not responsible for figuring out who is at fault or following it up with solutions. They don't even have to care about the consequences of blaming the wrong people for something.

I don't know a single person that was saved from attacks by what they said or did. And if that's the standard, I don't know how EZEMA gets criticized when it has also issued similar public denouncements for attacks.

If we're talking about actual concrete solutions, such people can never be in any position to defend the ones they are asking to represent. They will make speeches and hold some rallies. They can fundraise well and they might even go on to hold some regional offices. But that's as far as their journey will go. From there they will instigate conflict with other regions while paying lip-service to the people they were elected to protect. That's it.

I stress again, the very people orchestrating these attacks are the ones supporting them. That should tell you how effective they will be at solving the problem.

TGAA
Member
Posts: 1274
Joined: 07 Apr 2019, 20:34

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by TGAA » 26 Feb 2020, 02:54

opmerc , you are obviously from the camp who have been willing to provide Amharas as the sacrificial lamb to some higher cause of political end. From early Ethiopian student movement, Amharas were exploiter of nationalities Derg it was reactionaries and Weyane (at institution level ) all have targeted Amharas . Were the so-called Ethiopinast multinational organization like Azema and the National organization like ADP haven't failed to condemn the acts of radical oroms, instead of giving an uncalled excuse,then Amharas would have felt there is someone who stands for them. Your attitude is the end justifies the means. If the reform requires Amharas to go through hell, it is a minor sacrifice to pay, let them take in it as they have taken it for the past 60 years. While all the radical uppity are aiming at particularly on Amharas you keep mum not to rock the boat, and when they organize to protect themselves you are upset because their taking equal and proportional equal reaction would let all hell break loose. one hopes that you would be as much concerned with the havering organizational muscle that is being built up all around. We have seen in recent past the Abiy government cowardly act in the face of clear ethnic cleansing. This we know it all political patronizing that made all Ethiopain to suffer. A weak Amhara who doesn't protect himself is not going to protect Ethiopia. Look how Abiy wiggls to ward weyanes to appease them, because he knows how much trouble they can be, they will lose but still, they have the muscle to cause raucous.

opmerc
Member
Posts: 457
Joined: 02 Jun 2019, 13:56

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by opmerc » 26 Feb 2020, 03:44

TGAA wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 02:54
opmerc , you are obviously from the camp who have been willing to provide Amharas as the sacrificial lamb to some higher cause of political end. From early Ethiopian student movement, Amharas were exploiter of nationalities Derg it was reactionaries and Weyane (at institution level ) all have targeted Amharas . Were the so-called Ethiopinast multinational organization like Azema and the National organization like ADP haven't failed to condemn the acts of radical oroms, instead of giving an uncalled excuse,then Amharas would have felt there is someone who stands for them. Your attitude is the end justifies the means. If the reform requires Amharas to go through hell, it is a minor sacrifice to pay, let them take in it as they have taken it for the past 60 years. While all the radical uppity are aiming at particularly on Amharas you keep mum not to rock the boat, and when they organize to protect themselves you are upset because their taking equal and proportional equal reaction would let all hell break loose. one hopes that you would be as much concerned with the havering organizational muscle that is being built up all around. We have seen in recent past the Abiy government cowardly act in the face of clear ethnic cleansing. This we know it all political patronizing that made all Ethiopain to suffer. A weak Amhara who doesn't protect himself is not going to protect Ethiopia. Look how Abiy wiggls to ward weyanes to appease them, because he knows how much trouble they can be, they will lose but still, they have the muscle to cause raucous.
Neither of you are actually answering my questions. What do you think NAMA has achieved thus far for Amhara security both regionally or country wide? What does organized mean in that context if not people retreating back to their tribal enclaves, being armed and waiting for something to move in the dark? What does a weak Amhara actually mean to you? Because the scenario you are painting sounds like a weak scared Amhara to me.

Even if you believe in the advertised intentions of this group, how is supporting people who can never hope to hold federal power in any substantial way, the answer to federal level security questions? These NAMA type solutions boil down to spreading resources and power to people who will be stuck at a regional level and handing poor farmers weapons and telling them to decide when and whom to fight.

Condemnation is easy. It's just words. What comes after saying them is what matters. Just because one party is unrestrained by thoughts of what comes after saying something doesn't mean they are providing tangible solutions.
If the reform requires Amharas to go through hell, it is a minor sacrifice to pay, let them take in it as they have taken it for the past 60 years
No one said that. And now you are leaning on that same "my plight is extra special" theme. There is collective suffering going on. It can only be alleviated with collective efforts. You can't go around paying tribute to forefathers who believed in our collective might one weekend and the next day tell me our problems can only be solved by going it alone.

Za-Ilmaknun
Member
Posts: 1683
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 17:40

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 26 Feb 2020, 13:06

opmerc wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 01:52
post_id=1021904 wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 21:10
I guess in your world not saying anything is giving three press conferences. Or should the government call a fourth and reiterate the details of how each person was killed while stressing in bold those that were Amhara? Is that when you can decide it has sufficiently addressed the topic?

Look the lines are very clear. You think you are special. When you do tribalism it's because it is earned and when others do it is just wrong. Anyone that is in power that doesn't belong to your tribe is secretly working to harm you. So the only way to ensure you are safe is to support people from your tribe. There is also no reason to consider what happens if everyone thinks and acts like you. The only solution is worry about yourself and figure out what to do after a civil war starts.

And I'm not mixing up anything. You want a simple world with simple answers. You see police collaborating with hooligans to cause chaos and you are not interested in finding out who in power has an interest in creating such events and making people act the way they do. In your head, police equals government and government equals everyone in government. That's the extent of your examination. You see attacks on Amhara and you just want an Amhara looking hand to extend out and give you a gun. No examination of who that hand really belongs to, where that hand has been or what could happen after you get that gun.

So by all means continue giving your time and money so NAMA can provide you with a steady stream of grief [deleted]. That is of course if it doesn't result in more violent contests on who among you is more worthy. Plus with all the other attacks they won't be solving, we will all have plenty of content to look forward to.

And hopefully when everyone else has fixed the problem for you, you can come and say you were on this side all along.
Your intense reaction against why the Amharas are coalescing together to defend themselves against a system and a government that is in all its form trying to weaken them in to submission could have some meanings. However, trying not to see the glaring facts about how and why others have already done such line of organizing and attacking those who have lagged far behind in the game is something you would have to look answers for your own satisfactions. You have been asked to provide any workable alternatives but all you came back is again with the same old worn out argument that never passed the test of time and hard realities.

I can give you endless lists of how passively the government is acting towards issues of monumental concern for the Amhara people. When they are massacred, they become statistics: when they are abducted they become identity-less, when they are uprooted, they are not the only ones, when their churches are burned to ashes, it is because they have too many churches everywhere, when they are forced to not carry the tri-color flag of their fathers, it is a symbol of oppression, when they go out to celebrate their religious ceremonies, they are crowding the streets...

We are not in a game of charades here trying to guess what has not been said and why. We will leave that for you to augment your imagination of the unsaid holy and be tranquilized by. As once the PM reiterated.."Words make and words break" and we firmly believed in that and hold him accountable to his own standards.

Yes, in my head police is a government institution that takes its order from its masters. Here is one of your endless excuses to make those in power not accountable.If the government isn't able to control the actions of those it appoints to run its security apparatus, in your world it is my problem. :mrgreen: Perhaps you might also need to find out why the same government is appointing en masse from its tribal base those who it isn't able to control. The answer could squarely be laughing at you or, may be the one man is the government by your account of a government. In my world, a leader who shoulders the responsibility of leading a nation of such complexity, should be decisive and fair. Waiting things to play out on their own while sacrificing the lives of the Amhara people isn't something that I should call out proudly as a qualitative leadership.

You have a continuous stream of contents of the sufferings of the amhara people to be entertained about. I may be disappointing you if the contents could be a little different when the going gets tough for all the actors. If there is going to be any fix at all, you know deep inside where it should come from...and it certainly ain't from appeasement or from the die-hard backdoor evil directors. If only those Amhars who are wasting their time padding the bottomless pit see the advantage of standing up to the bullies in their own field of choice is the answer to the morass, we would have saved you all meaningfully from the impending disaster. Now we will see whose side would come to show the victory dance ...if ever there is going to be one at all.

Abaymado
Member
Posts: 2143
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 21:56

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by Abaymado » 26 Feb 2020, 13:52

well, this thing should be verified. we need immediate response from ABN leaders. But you forget one thing: gofundme was done for support ABN probably months ago just before the assassination of amhara leaders. and they collected more than 4 million birr. so what is 200k birr?

opmerc
Member
Posts: 457
Joined: 02 Jun 2019, 13:56

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by opmerc » 26 Feb 2020, 14:42

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 13:06
Your intense reaction against why the Amharas are coalescing together to defend themselves against a system and a government that is in all its form trying to weaken them in to submission could have some meanings. However, trying not to see the glaring facts about how and why others have already done such line of organizing and attacking those who have lagged far behind in the game is something you would have to look answers for your own satisfactions. You have been asked to provide any workable alternatives but all you came back is again with the same old worn out argument that never passed the test of time and hard realities.

I can give you endless lists of how passively the government is acting towards issues of monumental concern for the Amhara people. When they are massacred, they become statistics: when they are abducted they become identity-less, when they are uprooted, they are not the only ones, when their churches are burned to ashes, it is because they have too many churches everywhere, when they are forced to not carry the tri-color flag of their fathers, it is a symbol of oppression, when they go out to celebrate their religious ceremonies, they are crowding the streets...

We are not in a game of charades here trying to guess what has not been said and why. We will leave that for you to augment your imagination of the unsaid holy and be tranquilized by. As once the PM reiterated.."Words make and words break" and we firmly believed in that and hold him accountable to his own standards.

Yes, in my head police is a government institution that takes its order from its masters. Here is one of your endless excuses to make those in power not accountable.If the government isn't able to control the actions of those it appoints to run its security apparatus, in your world it is my problem. :mrgreen: Perhaps you might also need to find out why the same government is appointing en masse from its tribal base those who it isn't able to control. The answer could squarely be laughing at you or, may be the one man is the government by your account of a government. In my world, a leader who shoulders the responsibility of leading a nation of such complexity, should be decisive and fair. Waiting things to play out on their own while sacrificing the lives of the Amhara people isn't something that I should call out proudly as a qualitative leadership.

You have a continuous stream of contents of the sufferings of the amhara people to be entertained about. I may be disappointing you if the contents could be a little different when the going gets tough for all the actors. If there is going to be any fix at all, you know deep inside where it should come from...and it certainly ain't from appeasement or from the die-hard backdoor evil directors. If only those Amhars who are wasting their time padding the bottomless pit see the advantage of standing up to the bullies in their own field of choice is the answer to the morass, we would have saved you all meaningfully from the impending disaster. Now we will see whose side would come to show the victory dance ...if ever there is going to be one at all.
You really are a textbook case for tribalism being a mental disease. There is no rational being that reads what I wrote interpreting it as "against Amharas coalescing together to defend themselves" I would ask you to go read it again but I don't think that would help either.

You have no evidence for how NAMA will magically defend Amharas across the country when it can't get a single vote outside of it's weyane granted region or wield any leverage at the federal level. They just spent the better part of last year fighting over which part of the region is victimizing the other. They didn't even get any actual power yet and they are already splitting up via localities. But somehow I'm the one secretly working to undermine Amhara well-being or security..

Inventing hidden motives out of thin air for me when I'm telling you what my motives are in the most plain language possible is a sign you are not even capable of listening anymore. If you are supporting a group that I believe at best will hold back progress and worst will catalyze civil war, why wouldn't I have strong reactions about it?

And yes it is your problem and responsibility to appropriate blame to the people who actually deserve it. You don't get to decide any easy, surface-level explanation works just fine or that you can ignore basic facts about what's going on and still end up with the right solution to the problem. If you plan on actually solving the problem that is.

You can decide you don't care and do whatever you want anyway.. only don't expect anyone to listen to your complaints afterwards. And don't expect those of us who are interested in thinking to follow you.

But thank you for atleast admitting that you are doing that. And like I told you the last time we spoke on this subject, this emotional aspect is the reason you are so easily manipulated. At the very least, you will save some money if you controlled it, so I urge you to give a shot.

Za-Ilmaknun
Member
Posts: 1683
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 17:40

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 26 Feb 2020, 15:54

opmerc wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 14:42
wrote:
You really are a textbook case for tribalism being a mental disease. There is no rational being that reads what I wrote interpreting it as "against Amharas coalescing together to defend themselves" I would ask you to go read it again but I don't think that would help either.

You have no evidence for how NAMA will magically defend Amharas across the country when it can't get a single vote outside of it's weyane granted region or wield any leverage at the federal level. They just spent the better part of last year fighting over which part of the region is victimizing the other. They didn't even get any actual power yet and they are already splitting up via localities. But somehow I'm the one secretly working to undermine Amhara well-being or security..

Inventing hidden motives out of thin air for me when I'm telling you what my motives are in the most plain language possible is a sign you are not even capable of listening anymore. If you are supporting a group that I believe at best will hold back progress and worst will catalyze civil war, why wouldn't I have strong reactions about it?

And yes it is your problem and responsibility to appropriate blame to the people who actually deserve it. You don't get to decide any easy, surface-level explanation works just fine or that you can ignore basic facts about what's going on and still end up with the right solution to the problem. If you plan on actually solving the problem that is.

You can decide you don't care and do whatever you want anyway.. only don't expect anyone to listen to your complaints afterwards. And don't expect those of us who are interested in thinking to follow you.

But thank you for atleast admitting that you are doing that. And like I told you the last time we spoke on this subject, this emotional aspect is the reason you are so easily manipulated. At the very least, you will save some money if you controlled it, so I urge you to give a shot.
You are once again mixing up emotion with passion for one’s cause. I don’t know what to be passionate about than standing to support the cause of the people who are being murdered everyday just because they have an identity that isn’t liked by successive regimes. Beyond politics it is simple humanity. The tribalisim mental disease is in fact what you have not been able to see while it is flying underneath your nose. Just for the last time I am here telling you that the administration that we have is organized based on the worst form of tribalism but, you may want to ignore it for all I care. Worse yet the supreme law of the land know you only as part of a certain tribe than an individual. I choose to work thru the system to change it while you try to play ignorant about the very reality of our everyday lives and give cover for the misfits.


Your simplicity in assuming that NAMA is only confined in the Bantustan designated for it by TPLF/OLF is very telling. There are millions of Amharas living throughout the country and, if the OLF government isn’t working against them organizing as is promulgated in the law, you would have seen things becoming very different by now. Just like TPLF thieves, the OLF gangs are talking with forked tongues. They play by the rules when it is fitting and completely ignore it when know to have a disastrous end particularly for them. It is beyond me why suddenly some of you want us to stand naked and be abused by whoever claims the helm at the Menilik Palace.


By the way it is a natural dynamism to have infighting with any group of people gathering for a common cause. Robust discussions are always part of a normally functioning org as opposed to dictatorially oriented collections whose solo motto is living for the day. As a young and dynamic party filled with young and intellectual leaders, you would be disappointed if your expectations were to see straight line yes men bunch. If so, ADP is there as a pure alternative :mrgreen:

TPLF/OLF have been in the game for close to a century and, they are now close to hitting their single goal of destroying the Amhara person with all the country that they imagined is created by them. You could get in the ring or be the referee as you seemed to have chosen but, by no means try not to assume that we are calling on you for complaint. We will only be seeing the fruits of your thinking once we are no more and, that ain’t an option. Keep thinking and keep not acting. We know that freedom isn’t free and, we are supporting the cause not only with our resources but with our blood and limbs.

opmerc
Member
Posts: 457
Joined: 02 Jun 2019, 13:56

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by opmerc » 26 Feb 2020, 17:24

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 15:54
You are once again mixing up emotion with passion for one’s cause. I don’t know what to be passionate about than standing to support the cause of the people who are being murdered everyday just because they have an identity that isn’t liked by successive regimes. Beyond politics it is simple humanity. The tribalisim mental disease is in fact what you have not been able to see while it is flying underneath your nose. Just for the last time I am here telling you that the administration that we have is organized based on the worst form of tribalism but, you may want to ignore it for all I care. Worse yet the supreme law of the land know you only as part of a certain tribe than an individual. I choose to work thru the system to change it while you try to play ignorant about the very reality of our everyday lives and give cover for the misfits.


Your simplicity in assuming that NAMA is only confined in the Bantustan designated for it by TPLF/OLF is very telling. There are millions of Amharas living throughout the country and, if the OLF government isn’t working against them organizing as is promulgated in the law, you would have seen things becoming very different by now. Just like TPLF thieves, the OLF gangs are talking with forked tongues. They play by the rules when it is fitting and completely ignore it when know to have a disastrous end particularly for them. It is beyond me why suddenly some of you want us to stand naked and be abused by whoever claims the helm at the Menilik Palace.


By the way it is a natural dynamism to have infighting with any group of people gathering for a common cause. Robust discussions are always part of a normally functioning org as opposed to dictatorially oriented collections whose solo motto is living for the day. As a young and dynamic party filled with young and intellectual leaders, you would be disappointed if your expectations were to see straight line yes men bunch. If so, ADP is there as a pure alternative :mrgreen:

TPLF/OLF have been in the game for close to a century and, they are now close to hitting their single goal of destroying the Amhara person with all the country that they imagined is created by them. You could get in the ring or be the referee as you seemed to have chosen but, by no means try not to assume that we are calling on you for complaint. We will only be seeing the fruits of your thinking once we are no more and, that ain’t an option. Keep thinking and keep not acting. We know that freedom isn’t free and, we are supporting the cause not only with our resources but with our blood and limbs.
Call it whatever you want, when all someone has to do to get your support is shower you with victim-hood stories, you are being played like a fiddle with it.

The cause of the people who are being murdered everyday is to not get murdered. That's it. It isn't to start conflicts with other people who are also bearing the brunt of similar violence or to elect people who will do nothing for their livelihoods or security. Everything else is just platitudes. When you have evidence that the group you are so blindly supporting can reliably assure them of that actual goal, please come around and share. Till then expect them to be rejected by everyone else that knows better.

And if you truly think this administration is displaying the worst form of tribalism seen then you and I are living in two alternate realities. But regardless, you are not shedding any blood or risking any limb so let's not pretend otherwise.

Za-Ilmaknun
Member
Posts: 1683
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 17:40

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 26 Feb 2020, 19:41

opmerc wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 17:24
=48070 wrote:
Call it whatever you want, when all someone has to do to get your support is shower you with victim-hood stories, you are being played like a fiddle with it.

The cause of the people who are being murdered everyday is to not get murdered. That's it. It isn't to start conflicts with other people who are also bearing the brunt of similar violence or to elect people who will do nothing for their livelihoods or security. Everything else is just platitudes. When you have evidence that the group you are so blindly supporting can reliably assure them of that actual goal, please come around and share. Till then expect them to be rejected by everyone else that knows better.

And if you truly think this administration is displaying the worst form of tribalism seen then you and I are living in two alternate realities. But regardless, you are not shedding any blood or risking any limb so let's not pretend otherwise.
Don’t be frustrated and hastily try to lower the bar and presume that those of us, who have chosen a different way of organizing ourselves than your preference, are being played by any. Rather the ones being played are those who have lowered their shield and gave the blank check to the known tribalists to do as they please. I need not mention any example unless you are foreign to the subject under discussion. As a matter of fact I don’t ask anything from you or anybody whatsoever. All I am trying to do is defending what I believe in from the unwarranted attacks of some zealots here and show you the whys. It is your choice to characterize the conversation as anything much less about “victim-hood”. Are we victimized? Yes!! Are we trying to do something to change our fate? Yes!

As far as I know our people are being murdered for no reason than being who they are. I have no clue how that can be interpreted as starting conflicts. So you are saying we should cross our arms and wait for the Jawarians to defend our people? You can mention no instance of Amharas going after anybody let alone starting conflicts to benefit from. The little defense they mounted against the Jawarians was big enough for the tribalists to think twice. In another instance, Demeke Zewdu could be a good model for what it means to stand for oneself. The more than dozen TPLF dead rodents would attest to that.

Nothing comes to fruition without putting hard though and hard work in to it. I for once have chosen not to sit and wait for others to deliver on defending me and my family. I have understood that I am as much responsible as the next man to stand up to bullies and thieves, so that we as group, can defend ourselves and our values and ways of lives. I won’t be coming to share anything with anyone after the fact. You seem to have figures out what you need to do to get to the Promised Land, and you have my blessings. I am just asking you to poke your nose elsewhere than demeaning the very initiative that our people have taken to save themselves from the impending Armageddon.

As for living in parallel universe, I think I agree with your assessment. Your saying reminds me of that French Queen who wondered why the people on the street wouldn’t be eating cake rather than shouting for breads. Some of you do indeed go ahead of yourselves and think to know more about others. You could assume anything if it helps you move the needle in your favor, but we know what cloths we are cut from and what we have gone through. Pretension is for those who speak rosy and do the crazy. If one is not sure what one is getting in to, it is safe to stand with the known and, I don’t blame you for that.

TGAA
Member
Posts: 1274
Joined: 07 Apr 2019, 20:34

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by TGAA » 27 Feb 2020, 01:31

opmerc,
I am really dumbfounded how easily you brush off the suffering of Amhara, and by extension the suffering of all other Ethiopians who are being victimized for refusing to identify by their nationality-- since the anti-Ethiopian tribal politicians use Ethiopian exchangeably with Amhara. Your holier than thou attitude that you are operating on the higher-level intellectual abstraction but everybody is an emotional bubble is a put-off. It is not something you have to look hard to find or equivocate; the facts are on the ground for all to see; It it is an Open political policy both within and outside of the governing body; and the so-called ethnic politicians who are operating freely with a wink and nod from the governing body to do their anti-Amhara /anti-Ethiopian political agitation ad nauseam. Amhara are being attacked in those circles because it is thought that once Amahras are chased out and emasculated then the rest is easy. The radical Oromos who are lead by jawar and co want to continue to plow through with what Meles has started, thus the tango dance with weyanes. Since you pose questions that are already impregnated with answers, let us explore them together.
1-What do you think NAMA has achieved? The question should be what necessitated the establishment of NAMA? I don’t have to go through it all but go back and look the history Amhara nationalism since weyane came into power. It didn’t take a year or two After Dr Asrat established nationalist party to abandon the name and come into Ethiopian fold. Though even when it sounded Amhara nationalist parties the policies it was promoting at the time was PanEthiopanist in nature. After 27 years of anti-Amhara policies of uprooting, and exclusion of Amharas, it is an instinctual response of survival that has brought NAMA. NAMA has to go through growing pain as all political organization has to go through. But it has filled a vacuum that was opened up by weyane deadly antiAmhara policies. You might argue that you can not cure the same illness with the same illness, well taken,but don’t forget that you can take a venom to make the ant venom. Awakening Amh, to know their right to live in dignity, and equality with other Ethiopians is not a threat to anybody, those who going to perturbed by Amhara’s assertion to live in dignity are those who wish Amhara ill.
2What does organized mean in that context if not people retreating back to their tribal enclaves,
Since we are not going to expect a lot from Weyane and Shabia incubated nationalist parties, let us pose this simple question to the nationalist political organizations what have they done to accentuate the problems of 27 years of AntiAmhara anti-Ethiopian policies that is causing a havoc in Amhara society across the country. Their religion right violated, their right to learn their language denied, whatever symbols they deem dear vilified and violently snatched on the street while the authorities look on… exclusively harassment policies enforced and in Addis Ababa they have been denied for the past 27 years and now harassed. from your ivory tower brush it off by saying “ now you are leaning on that same "my plight is extra special" theme. There is collective suffering going on”
There is a big different when the suffering is shared across all section of the society , but when the target is specific and backed up with institutional apparatuses, your “ my plight is special” hagwash doesn’t cut it.
3. What does a weak Amhara actually mean to you?
A weak Amhara means an Amhara who made to feel a second class citizen in his own country, it means a citizen who can not go upright to lead his life without being called a settler, when the government institutions don’t give him protection because of who he is ; it means when you stop celebrating your holidays as you used to do, when the media like OMN openly agitated a against you , your religion , your culture without trace of truth in them, but allowed to do it. Is this collective suffering or peculiarly Amhara’s at this time?
4. how is supporting people who can never hope to hold federal power in any substantial way, the answer to federal-level security questions?
If you can ascertain your right at the local level and defend yourself when attacked that is a good start. At the federal level always parties coalesce around their common interest. As they say politics is local in nature.

5. condemnation is easy. It's just words.
One only says this kind of thing when his principles are on shaky ground or compromised to the level of trading water as prelude to something else. Forget the concern of her being Amhara, as Ethiopians when this kind of violent human right violation happens we have to condemn it the first instance it happened. It is a moral imperative to call out evil regardless of the consequences. We don’t negotiate behind closed doors to strategize how we going to confront it while human life is at stake. After Jawar’s instigated violence took place what Abiy and Lema had shown was a moral cowards. They went the extra mile to appease the criminals while the victims were hanging to dear life hiding in church across Oromia. They should have gone to one of those churches and said we are with you that would never happen again. all the lukewarm condemnation that came from other opposition leaders as well was disheartening, to say the least.

6.leaning on that same "my plight is extra special" theme. There is collective suffering going on.
You either haven’t experienced it in person to make this kind of ungrounded statement, but tell that to any Amhara who lived though it all would tell you there is special plight because the whole weyane system was designed to attack Amharas psychologically, physically and economically than any nationality in Ethiopia. And if you look around it is all there. Tell me any other nationality who is insulted outright by his own official not because of what he did but because of who he is:

you can't go around paying tribute to forefathers, next day tell me our problems can only be solved by going it alone.
No one said that Amaras can solve everything alone it has to do it with other Ethiopians. At this time though the effect of weyanes divide and rule has done damage to Ethiopians social fabric and the support coming from others when one society in trouble is scratchy, So relying on oneself for self-preservation is necessary.

Well look how Weyanes want Amharas to pay tribute to their forefathers:

https://www.ethioreference.com/wp-conte ... u-2102.jpg
final point:
Nama needs to outgrow its juvenile political maneuvering; chasing out other political parties who came to campaign in Amhara. Nama can make its case but the Amhara people should have the right to chose any party they want to.
Also some of the childish statements coming out of the previous leader that Amhara is the measure of Ethiopian manhood etc .
Till the national political parties grow a spine to stand with all Ethiopians and condemn targeted attacks on any Ethiopian national including Amhara, the survival instinct dictates that one has to defend itself by any means necessary.

opmerc
Member
Posts: 457
Joined: 02 Jun 2019, 13:56

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by opmerc » 27 Feb 2020, 01:41

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 19:41
Don’t be frustrated and hastily try to lower the bar and presume that those of us, who have chosen a different way of organizing ourselves than your preference, are being played by any. Rather the ones being played are those who have lowered their shield and gave the blank check to the known tribalists to do as they please. I need not mention any example unless you are foreign to the subject under discussion. As a matter of fact I don’t ask anything from you or anybody whatsoever. All I am trying to do is defending what I believe in from the unwarranted attacks of some zealots here and show you the whys. It is your choice to characterize the conversation as anything much less about “victim-hood”. Are we victimized? Yes!! Are we trying to do something to change our fate? Yes!

As far as I know our people are being murdered for no reason than being who they are. I have no clue how that can be interpreted as starting conflicts. So you are saying we should cross our arms and wait for the Jawarians to defend our people? You can mention no instance of Amharas going after anybody let alone starting conflicts to benefit from. The little defense they mounted against the Jawarians was big enough for the tribalists to think twice. In another instance, Demeke Zewdu could be a good model for what it means to stand for oneself. The more than dozen TPLF dead rodents would attest to that.

Nothing comes to fruition without putting hard though and hard work in to it. I for once have chosen not to sit and wait for others to deliver on defending me and my family. I have understood that I am as much responsible as the next man to stand up to bullies and thieves, so that we as group, can defend ourselves and our values and ways of lives. I won’t be coming to share anything with anyone after the fact. You seem to have figures out what you need to do to get to the Promised Land, and you have my blessings. I am just asking you to poke your nose elsewhere than demeaning the very initiative that our people have taken to save themselves from the impending Armageddon.

As for living in parallel universe, I think I agree with your assessment. Your saying reminds me of that French Queen who wondered why the people on the street wouldn’t be eating cake rather than shouting for breads. Some of you do indeed go ahead of yourselves and think to know more about others. You could assume anything if it helps you move the needle in your favor, but we know what cloths we are cut from and what we have gone through. Pretension is for those who speak rosy and do the crazy. If one is not sure what one is getting in to, it is safe to stand with the known and, I don’t blame you for that.
It is impossible not to be frustrated. I just told you how it can end up starting conflicts with other people. Instead of hearing me and responding to it, you are busy trying to stress how people being murdered don't deserve to be murdered..no one here claimed they ought to be murdered. Such emotional appeals only work on people who are driven primarily by emotion or drunk on tribalism which you are victim of in abundance.

I even lost count of how many times I asked you to show me any evidence of how support or political advancement for this group was going to result in these people being saved or protected. And you keep trying to tell me how much more deserving these people are of protection than anyone else. I don't care how hard you believe that. It's wrong and it means nothing to me for you to keep repeating it.

The one instance you brought up where mobs were pushed back by locals has nothing to do with this group. There is no evidence of those locals being exclusively Amhara or being organized as such. They were just neighbors of every stripe who decided to step up and defend their neighborhood together and did so effectively. If you had your way in that instance, Amharas would be sitting by watching while all their non Amhara neighbors were brutalized and would only do something when Amharas start being attacked.

You also admitted you are not interested in thinking over the problem beyond what you can obtain at a surface level. But you expect me and anyone else reading to believe that you are the one putting in the real work necessary to defend these people and solve their problems. Sorry, subscribing yourself to 24/7 grief channels telling you how much more victimized you are than everyone else is not working harder. No wonder you are under the impression that this is truly the worst time ever for Amhara..

And while I do think you are beyond convincing, I'm not going to look away while you draw other people in this same pointless cause.

opmerc
Member
Posts: 457
Joined: 02 Jun 2019, 13:56

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by opmerc » 27 Feb 2020, 02:32

TGAA wrote:
27 Feb 2020, 01:31
Both of you keep trying to stress to me how Amhara are really suffering when I didn't claim for one second that wasn't the case. Why Amharas are suffering is not being debated either.

What I am doing is placing that suffering in it's proper context, as being one of many sad things occurring in this evil system and to ally with all others who are equally suffering to come together and defeat that system. What you want to do is start a suffering contest with all the other victims so you can be crowned the most victimized of them all. I just don't care about that title. I'm sorry. It does nothing to advance the goal of breaking the system other than making you feel comforted.

You wrote too many wrongs I disagree with but I'll just focus on some highlights.

1. I asked you for something tangible that NAMA achieved and you listed the impetus for it's existence. No one said there was no catalyst for it's existence. I asked you what positive result it produced by existing. There was no answer for that.

2. I asked you to give me any other explanation of "being organized" other than what it looks like right now, which is to tell people to hide behind their respective ethnic/tribe identity, get armed then wait for that powder keg to explode. Instead of giving me an explanation you want others to show you what they did. That's called deflection.

3. I asked you to define a weak Amhara because I wanted you to explain to me how you are strengthening Amhara by supporting such a group. And I don't see a single thing from what you said that gets improved by the advancement of this group.

4. Rights at the local level are not being denied now. No other tribe can come in and tell Amharas how to live in this tribal enclave. The problem is Amharas who are not afforded those protections outside of that region. This group winning every seat in this region (the best case scenario they can hope for) won't advance a single right for those people living outside of those regions. So again we are back to square one.

As for the other points I believe I've made myself abundantly clear on but I'll state it again. It requires nothing for a group like NAMA to condemn an act when it occurs or to appropriate blame. They don't have the responsibility of figuring out if it really happened, who did it, and how to put them to justice in this complicated mess of a system. They just call reporters and get outraged. That's the part that's simple.

And I'm not going to list every abhorrent thing that happened under weyane. But tell the Anuak their experience was not that special compared to you. Or tell mothers that lived in Jail Ogaden raising children they conceived through rape only for those same children to grow up in that jail also being raped that their plight wasn't that amusing. Maybe when you are done with that you can speak to Oromos or Afar or about plight.
No one said that Amaras can solve everything alone it has to do it with other Ethiopians
That is what you two are suggesting though. It is the crux of what I'm arguing because supporting such groups takes us further away from allying with other Ethiopians.

Za-Ilmaknun
Member
Posts: 1683
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 17:40

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 27 Feb 2020, 13:10

opmerc wrote:
27 Feb 2020, 01:41
r_id=48070 wrote:
It is impossible not to be frustrated. I just told you how it can end up starting conflicts with other people. Instead of hearing me and responding to it, you are busy trying to stress how people being murdered don't deserve to be murdered..no one here claimed they ought to be murdered. Such emotional appeals only work on people who are driven primarily by emotion or drunk on tribalism which you are victim of in abundance.

I even lost count of how many times I asked you to show me any evidence of how support or political advancement for this group was going to result in these people being saved or protected. And you keep trying to tell me how much more deserving these people are of protection than anyone else. I don't care how hard you believe that. It's wrong and it means nothing to me for you to keep repeating it.

The one instance you brought up where mobs were pushed back by locals has nothing to do with this group. There is no evidence of those locals being exclusively Amhara or being organized as such. They were just neighbors of every stripe who decided to step up and defend their neighborhood together and did so effectively. If you had your way in that instance, Amharas would be sitting by watching while all their non Amhara neighbors were brutalized and would only do something when Amharas start being attacked.

You also admitted you are not interested in thinking over the problem beyond what you can obtain at a surface level. But you expect me and anyone else reading to believe that you are the one putting in the real work necessary to defend these people and solve their problems. Sorry, subscribing yourself to 24/7 grief channels telling you how much more victimized you are than everyone else is not working harder. No wonder you are under the impression that this is truly the worst time ever for Amhara..

And while I do think you are beyond convincing, I'm not going to look away while you draw other people in this same pointless cause.
Your characterization of the plight of the persecuted as emotional appeals is very indicative of the level of understanding you have considering the magnitude of the problem. You think that it is something that doesn’t worth talking about knowing fully well that they are targeted just because of who they are. People from other tribes are also victims of the raging hate targeting Amharas because they are perceived as Amharas for they speak the language. You could be anybody but if you are found speaking Ameharic in any of the ethnic enclaves, you are perceived to be Amhara and be killed because of it. OLF/TPLF assumes that it is the Amharas standing in their way preventing them from disintegrating the country and taking their shares. I am not asking you to care, for we have enough of us to stand defending even the likes of you too. You won’t be the very first one to be standing against your own interest. Keep thinking, tho :mrgreen:


You didn’t understand the answers don’t mean that your questions were left unanswered. You are expecting a young organization like NAMA to be at par with the levels of OPDO/OLF/TPLF in such short amount of time and deliver. How pathetic of an expectation is that? I have told you time and again that it is a work in progress ultimately aiming at doing what it is supposed to do. Your expectation of right here and right now is devoid of understanding of the arduous task that it needs and the very adverse environment that they have to operate in to put things together and make them functional. Why do you think OPDO went on the rampage to imprison without cause some of the leadership of NAMA and release them when the going gets tough?

Now I see who is showing up to take the very credit even at a minute scale when the very people that defended themselves are Amharas when OLF/TPLF organized theaters were on the show a few month ago. Your ODP and, the TPLF colonel who is now rotting in jail thanks to the real deals, were distributing logistics to the invaders while the poor Amhara farmers repulsed the invasion and thought them the very first lesson. That wasn’t igniting a conflict by the Amharas if you have any grasp of the realities of what happened.

I didn’t say that other tribes were not victims of the barbaric system but, for a different reason than being who they are. Abdi Illey was killing his own people to make his TPLF master thieves happy, OPDO was killing its people because of power struggle within and to please its masters, ADP was killing and still is to appease its masters. However, the difference is the Amharas are being killed indiscriminately for who they are. I don’t expect you to see the difference but don’t come back to ask me again the same silly question.

In the same token you are expecting me to believe that the OPDO/OLF government is the way to salivation to the Amhara people. As if you didn’t hear the speech made by the regional president of breaking the Amharas back, as if you didn’t see how the “federal police’ is busy abandoning its obligation in favor of standing for Jawar, as if you didn’t witness how the government security establishment is busy scratching the tricolor even from holy places, as if you never did see the same security establishment standing by while Amharas are beheaded claiming that it hasn’t received orders. I know you think that the government is the one man sitting at the throne who claimed to have no knowledge that Legetaffo residents were bulldozed with their houses and properties to make way for the settles that are projected to change the demographics of the areas. Telling uncomfortable realities could mean projecting victim-hood for some of us :mrgreen:

Perhaps watching ETV and OMN could be a thing for you to escape the grim reality and to learn how the “neftegnas” are being well pampered by the ODP government. Thanks to the “grief channels”, our people are now more aware of what is going on the ground as they happen. Your fixation in rooting for keeping the people in the dark makes sense when seen from where you stand at. Thanks for those channels, now we are better informed about how the ODP/OLF government is working harder in putting the info out about the whereabouts of the more than two dozen young girls who are abducted by one of its wings just because of who they are. Keep thinking and keep the blind eye… :mrgreen:

opmerc
Member
Posts: 457
Joined: 02 Jun 2019, 13:56

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by opmerc » 27 Feb 2020, 13:45

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
27 Feb 2020, 13:10
Emotional appeals and accusing me of being some weird pro Abiy, also pro OLF, also pro OMN person is all you have. If you had any shred of substance, you would provide me with the evidence I keep repeatedly asking you for and not hopelessly trying to deflect with accusations and emotional appeals. I told you that means nothing to me.

But thank you for admitting that NAMA has no hope of competing with these other parties. So why should anyone give them support or money though? So they can make more Youtube channels and tell you how special you are?
..have told you time and again that it is a work in progress ultimately aiming at doing what it is supposed to do.
Holy mother of vague. What in the world does that even mean? Do what it's supposed to do? What exactly is that?

If you can't give me results of anything positive achieved thus far (you can't), then atleast give me a plan on how they think they can get there. But don't give some half baked "they'll get right on it" excuse not fit for children.

You just said earlier you aren't interested in any arduous task that requires thinking and you are some action man. Now you want to try and give me a lecture about the long process of fixing things. Make up your mind. Either things are simple and they can be solved by just "action" ..whatever that is.. or they require care and thought.

And for the last time, I don't care why you think Amharas problems are more special than others. I don't need a history lesson or a news briefing on them. I care about supporting people who can solve them. When your ragtag bunch of tribalists can move past trying to impress me with flowery descriptions of Amhara and instead demonstrate they have better answers than the ones already being worked on by everyone else, you'll have my full attention.

Za-Ilmaknun
Member
Posts: 1683
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 17:40

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 27 Feb 2020, 16:34

opmerc wrote:
27 Feb 2020, 13:45
wrote:
Emotional appeals and accusing me of being some weird pro Abiy, also pro OLF, also pro OMN person is all you have. If you had any shred of substance, you would provide me with the evidence I keep repeatedly asking you for and not hopelessly trying to deflect with accusations and emotional appeals. I told you that means nothing to me.

But thank you for admitting that NAMA has no hope of competing with these other parties. So why should anyone give them support or money though? So they can make more Youtube channels and tell you how special you are?
..have told you time and again that it is a work in progress ultimately aiming at doing what it is supposed to do.
Holy mother of vague. What in the world does that even mean? Do what it's supposed to do? What exactly is that?

If you can't give me results of anything positive achieved thus far (you can't), then atleast give me a plan on how they think they can get there. But don't give some half baked "they'll get right on it" excuse not fit for children.

You just said earlier you aren't interested in any arduous task that requires thinking and you are some action man. Now you want to try and give me a lecture about the long process of fixing things. Make up your mind. Either things are simple and they can be solved by just "action" ..whatever that is.. or they require care and thought.

And for the last time, I don't care why you think Amharas problems are more special than others. I don't need a history lesson or a news briefing on them. I care about supporting people who can solve them. When your ragtag bunch of tribalists can move past trying to impress me with flowery descriptions of Amhara and instead demonstrate they have better answers than the ones already being worked on by everyone else, you'll have my full attention.
It goes to show how much thinking you are putting in to what you scribble here and, perhaps what you even have in stock for doing other than complaining against those who are fighting against those who have been in the game for close to a century. You can sit idle and shout from your lungs to disparage the Amharas when they finally are coming together to stop the hearsay sold as politics by the etho-diehards of OLF/TPLF. Your thinking that a party which just came to the political arena should be in equal footage with parties which exited for close to a century is nothing but a magnificent way to see through your “thinking” capacity. :mrgreen: You still are allowed to think and think and see where that takes you. I am not here asking for anything or appealing to anyone but defending the rights of Amharas to organize themselves per the law of the land until it is changed. If you have problem with that, so be it. By the way the arduous task also includes making sure that such unhelpful noises and falsehood promoters are countered with factual realities.

The Amharas primary responsibility is to defend themselves, not to answer to those who are keen on tripping their effort no matter what. You keep coming to label the Amharas as “specials” when in fact what makes them special is their being targets of exterminations by fascists. It could seem a theoretical postulation for some of you who chose to play blind. For us the danger is real and proven to have materialized more often than one can care to examine.

Who are those “everyone else” working on solving the problems? Let us see what your problem solvers have done for their entire existence. In fact on multiple occasions they have been caught giving excuses for the administration just like what you are doing here. They have chosen to be mummed than even to say a word when they were so expected, unfortunately. You have just one way of seeing everything doesn’t mean that we have to agree with your prescriptions. You go ahead and support those that you think are the problem solvers. We on the other hand have chosen our ways and nothing that we do is to impress some deluded individuals. You keep impressing yourself with your thinking.. :mrgreen:

TGAA
Member
Posts: 1274
Joined: 07 Apr 2019, 20:34

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by TGAA » 27 Feb 2020, 20:53

opmerc, I am tired of going in circles with you . Here is- as you said- the crux of the matter. The security void that is created that made Amharas and other Ethiopans vulnerable has to be filled . It means Amharas and all Ethiopians should feel secure to lead a normal life. while no one has a problem with your proposed solution even preferable solution , practically though things are either moving very slowly or they are going worst than they were before especially in Oromia administration. where more than 15 milli other Ethiopians reside. if the belsigna party becomes strong enough to secure the safety of all Ethiopians with help of all opposition parties that is good, we all for that , the relative importance of NaMa or other Ethnic political parties will be relatively marginal .. But if the security issue keeps getting worst and the government and the opposition parties keep on looking the other way -- NaMe will be came the only alternative. In that kind of situation to stand up to protect yourself and wanting to work with other Ethiopians to find a lasting solution to the security issue should not be a mutually exclusive strategies. As long as one expires or merginalized after the security concerns are addressed. How is it going to be done. For example the Somail region leader has laid out what his vision is and he made it clear where he want to meet all Ethiopians , if we help him to quell the situation in that region and then in Oromoia and in Amhara region then the security puzzle can be resolved. We need to stop the church sermon about security instade we do need to do something about it. It is doable as long as the government enforces the law with the support the opposition both at federal and local level. To blame Nama for trying to filling up the security vacuum while a gaping hole of insecurity is ready to swallow the whole nation is disingenuous preposition to say the least..

opmerc
Member
Posts: 457
Joined: 02 Jun 2019, 13:56

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by opmerc » 28 Feb 2020, 01:35

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
27 Feb 2020, 16:34
It goes to show how much thinking you are putting in to what you scribble here and, perhaps what you even have in stock for doing other than complaining against those who are fighting against those who have been in the game for close to a century. You can sit idle and shout from your lungs to disparage the Amharas when they finally are coming together to stop the hearsay sold as politics by the etho-diehards of OLF/TPLF. Your thinking that a party which just came to the political arena should be in equal footage with parties which exited for close to a century is nothing but a magnificent way to see through your “thinking” capacity. :mrgreen: You still are allowed to think and think and see where that takes you. I am not here asking for anything or appealing to anyone but defending the rights of Amharas to organize themselves per the law of the land until it is changed. If you have problem with that, so be it. By the way the arduous task also includes making sure that such unhelpful noises and falsehood promoters are countered with factual realities.

The Amharas primary responsibility is to defend themselves, not to answer to those who are keen on tripping their effort no matter what. You keep coming to label the Amharas as “specials” when in fact what makes them special is their being targets of exterminations by fascists. It could seem a theoretical postulation for some of you who chose to play blind. For us the danger is real and proven to have materialized more often than one can care to examine.

Who are those “everyone else” working on solving the problems? Let us see what your problem solvers have done for their entire existence. In fact on multiple occasions they have been caught giving excuses for the administration just like what you are doing here. They have chosen to be mummed than even to say a word when they were so expected, unfortunately. You have just one way of seeing everything doesn’t mean that we have to agree with your prescriptions. You go ahead and support those that you think are the problem solvers. We on the other hand have chosen our ways and nothing that we do is to impress some deluded individuals. You keep impressing yourself with your thinking.. :mrgreen:

Yes, it does show how much thinking I put into this. I'm not flailing around like you are.. looking for some secret affiliation to accuse anyone that challenges me while desperately trying to deflect from not having enough facts to back up my position.

I didn't ask you to best the capacity of those parties. I asked you to give me any positive result. ANY. It's been two years now and not a single life has been saved as a result of this group. In fact several more precious lives have been lost due to their agitation. Left to their devices they will cost us even more. We both know this. Your desperate attempts to hide this fact doesn't make it go away or prevent people from not noticing. It's there for every sensible person to see.

Everyone else is preoccupied with establishing laws that punish hate speech that target Amharas. We are supporting community based policing that protects the whole community no matter where it is while at the same time not creating fault lines based on ethnicity or religion. And we are supporting politicians with the ideology and political capital that can bring other people together and help when Amharas are targeted. That's what everyone else is doing.

But go ahead tell yourself being glued to Youtube channels telling you what a delicate little flower you are as they line their pockets with your money is doing enough work.
The Amharas primary responsibility is to defend themselves
I love it when you tribalists take off your mask and expose yourselves so openly like this. The fact that those words would come out of your mouth is proof you don't know the first thing about what Amharas primary responsibility is.

opmerc
Member
Posts: 457
Joined: 02 Jun 2019, 13:56

Re: በደምና በሙስና የተጨማለቁ እጆች! ከአብን ያፈተለኩ ሚስጥሮች

Post by opmerc » 28 Feb 2020, 01:41

TGAA wrote:
27 Feb 2020, 20:53
opmerc, I am tired of going in circles with you . Here is- as you said- the crux of the matter. The security void that is created that made Amharas and other Ethiopans vulnerable has to be filled . It means Amharas and all Ethiopians should feel secure to lead a normal life. while no one has a problem with your proposed solution even preferable solution , practically though things are either moving very slowly or they are going worst than they were before especially in Oromia administration. where more than 15 milli other Ethiopians reside. if the belsigna party becomes strong enough to secure the safety of all Ethiopians with help of all opposition parties that is good, we all for that , the relative importance of NaMa or other Ethnic political parties will be relatively marginal .. But if the security issue keeps getting worst and the government and the opposition parties keep on looking the other way -- NaMe will be came the only alternative. In that kind of situation to stand up to protect yourself and wanting to work with other Ethiopians to find a lasting solution to the security issue should not be a mutually exclusive strategies. As long as one expires or merginalized after the security concerns are addressed. How is it going to be done. For example the Somail region leader has laid out what his vision is and he made it clear where he want to meet all Ethiopians , if we help him to quell the situation in that region and then in Oromoia and in Amhara region then the security puzzle can be resolved. We need to stop the church sermon about security instade we do need to do something about it. It is doable as long as the government enforces the law with the support the opposition both at federal and local level. To blame Nama for trying to filling up the security vacuum while a gaping hole of insecurity is ready to swallow the whole nation is disingenuous preposition to say the least..
Now we are getting somewhere. I agree with you that there is a difference of strategies based on where things are situation wise. However, the goal should always be to avoid employing tactics or supporting actors that make the problem worse or act as an anchor from getting to this optimal situation.

In the event that Prosperty Party or any other opposition party is unable to find those solutions then yes, absolutely we should go support other people that can step up and deliver. But even in that moment we must never lose sight of what's important. Maintaining the fabric and integrity of our country is the foundation that can never be bargained away. Without that, there won't be a single day where Amharas can achieve security no matter who is in charge. Handing the keys over to people who have no respect for this line in the sand will always end up in them crossing it. So no matter how bad things get, there is no situation that can be better survived tackling it alone compared to when we are allied with other Ethiopians.

Post Reply